Sake is fermented rice wine that serves an important role in Japanese culture and history. The popularity of sake has supported the growth of breweries all over the world. Join us on a guided tour of various traditional Japanese sake as well as American sake. While you partake in small samples of each, our local sommelier, Marcus Pakiser, will teach you about the various types of sake and how the production process affects the flavor. This experience is great for both those new to sake and those experienced with the drink.
Date:Saturday, November 16, 2019
Session Times:3:30 pm
Location:Pacific Northwest Ballroom, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Advance ticket purchase required. Online advance ticket sales have now concluded. Tickets will be available for purchase on Saturday at the Programming Booth. Valid, government-issued photo ID is required for purchase and will be checked again at the door for each session.
Ticketing and Admission Policy
- All tickets sales are final and are non-refundable.
- All tickets are non-transferrable and can not be sold to others.
- To attend the Sake Tasting you must have a valid Kumoricon badge.
- You must be at least age 21 to attend.
- Guests must follow Kumoricon's Code of Conduct.
- Policies for the Sake Tasting are subject to change as needed.
- All participants must have a wristband to enter the event:
- Pre-purchased ticket holders will receive a coupon when they pick up their Kumoricon badge and must bring it to the Programming Booth on Saturday (starting at 9 am) to receive their wristband.
- At-con ticket purchasers will receive their wristband at time of purchase (starting at 10 am at the Programming booth).
- Ticket purchases at the Programming booth for the specific event will close one hour before the event. Any remaining tickets for that specific event will be sold at the door, starting 30 minutes before the event. Any unfilled seats at the start of the event will be sold to those waiting to enter.
- Group seating
- Groups larger than five may be split, subject to seating availability and table arrangements.
- Accessibility accommodations
- We are very happy to accommodate wheelchair seating at the Sake Tasting. In order to best assist us in preparing accommodations, please inform us of your wheelchair seating during your reservation or purchase, or as soon as you become aware of your requirement.
- Guests with disabilities, and up to one companion, may be given advance priority seating. Please inform us when arriving.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.