Pre-register now for Kumoricon 2021!
You can register at the door, or pre-register online.
Pre-registration gets you a shorter line at the door and costs less!
The sooner you pre-register, the less it costs.
Pre-registration closes October 23, 2021. After this date, you must register at the door.
What COVID-19 safety requirements are in place?
- All attendees age 12 and over must provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or proof of a negative test. All attendees ages 6 to 11 must provide proof of a negative test. Verification will be conducted on site.
- A negative test result is considered valid for 3 full days following the test date. (For example, a negative test taken on Thursday will permit being at the event on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.)
- Tests must be re-taken during the convention if they expire before the end of the event.
- All attendees age 2 and over must wear facial coverings in convention space, except in designated eating areas while eating or drinking.
- Facial coverings must completely cover the nose and mouth, and must attach to the head with a strap. Facial coverings that are not allowed include (but are not limited to): any masks with an exhalation valve, bandanas, mesh materials, masks with excessive holes or damage, face shields without a mask, and neck gaiters.
- Facial coverings must be visible. Attendees may not wear a costume that prevents anyone from seeing that the facial covering requirement is being followed (such as a helmet or head covering).
- The facial covering requirement applies in all locations in the Oregon Convention Center, and in all event rooms and event hallways for any programming in the Hyatt. The only exceptions are in designated eating areas while eating or drinking, and while presenting or performing for any officially-run event where the written rules for that event allow for an exception.
Our safety precautions are an ongoing conversation involving our venue, local guidance, and the conditions of the pandemic. Our requirements are subject to change up until the convention.
Please visit our COVID-19 Safety page for more detailed questions and answers, to watch a replay of our AMA, and to find the most up-to-date information.
Do I need to bring ID?
Yes, everyone must bring government-issued photo ID, even if you are buying a membership at the door. ID must be valid (not expired).
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- State-issued driver license
- State-issued driver permit
- State-issued identification card
- Military ID
For attendees age 13 to 17 only, if one of the above forms of ID is not available, then school ID from the current or previous school year is acceptable. If school ID is not available, then the attendee's parent or legal guardian must be present during check-in.
If acceptable ID is not presented, you will not be able to enter the convention.
Is parent permission required to attend?
Yes, for all members under age 18.
Do parents need to attend with their children?
Yes, but only for members under age 13. For these attendees, parents or legal guardians must remain with their children at all times, and the parent or guardian must be a paid member as well.
How does parent permission work?
- Download the parent permission and release form – blank version for handwriting, or fillable version for typing your information.
- The parent or legal guardian signs the form.
- The attendee brings it with them to the convention when registering or checking in. If the attendee is age 13 or over, the parent does not need to attend.
Please do not mail the form, even if you register by mail.
I registered for Kumoricon 2020 prior to the postponement announcement. What happens to my registration?
All registrations have been automatically transferred to Kumoricon 2021. You do not need to take any action. As a token of appreciation, all attendees who registered prior to the postponement announcement will receive a Ghost Neko sticker at the convention. In addition, attendees who pre-registered prior to the postponement announcement at the $55 price will automatically receive a $5 refund to the original method of payment in order to reflect new pricing in effect at the time of announcement.
If you are unable to attend Kumoricon 2021 on the new dates, and you registered prior to the postponement announcement, then you may request a transfer of your registration to another person, or a refund of your registration. The transfer or refund option is available through August 16, 2020. If you are unable to attend, you may also consider donating your registration to our organization. In appreciation, you will receive a "Heart of Gold" Ghost Neko collectible pin.
To request a transfer, refund, or donation if you pre-registered prior to the postponement announcement, please use our registration action request form. This form is available through August 16, 2020. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
What does VIP membership include?
VIP members get the royal treatment! Special benefits include:
- Priority convention check-in at the VIP and Accessibility Booth
- Personalized Kumoricon Souvenir VIP badge
- Limited edition Kumoricon lanyard
- Kumoricon VIP Badge Ribbon
- Kumoricon VIP T-shirt
- Exclusive personalized VIP gift
- 2-week early access to purchase entry to any of Kumoricon's Ticketed Events
- Free Autograph Pass for each guest autograph session with a limit of one pass per guest
- Priority entry into the KumoriMarket
- An assortment of small Japanese-themed gift or food items
- Exclusive Kumoricon-branded merchandise items
- Discounted prices at the Kumoricon merchandise booth
- Priority entry to all events held in these rooms: Main Events, Coliseum, Auditorium, Live Events 1, Live Events 2
- One "jump the line" pass per day for any chosen event, excluding Autograph pass line/sessions
Can I pre-register for a single day?
No. Single-day memberships can only be purchased at the door for the same day.
I pre-registered. What days can I check in?
All three days of the convention, plus "Day 0" (Thursday).
What days can I purchase a full weekend membership at the door?
All three days of the convention from Friday to Sunday (not Thursday).
Can somebody else pick up my badge?
No. Each member must be present in person to receive their own badge.
Can I register at the door for somebody else?
Yes. However, we will hold their badge until they can pick it up in person. Each person must be present in person to pick up their own badge.
Can I pay by credit/debit card when registering at the door?
Yes. You can pay by credit/debit card, cash, check, or money order. Please make checks or money orders out to "Altonimbus Entertainment".
What are the convention hours?
Note: Hours are approximate until the schedule is finalized.
|Friday, Nov 5:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Saturday, Nov 6:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Sunday, Nov 7:||8:00am-4:00pm|
Please note that registration booths will have different hours (registration closes prior to the end of each day's convention programming). Registration booth hours will be determined closer to the convention.
Can I pre-register by mail instead of online?
Yes. You may pay by check or money order (please do not mail cash). Please download the mail-in registration form (blank version for handwriting, or fillable copy for typing your information), and follow the instructions to mail. Forms must be postmarked by October 23.
Do you mail badges?
No. All badges are picked up in person. Pre-registered members have a separate, shorter line than at-the-door registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
We offer group discounts to qualifying, nonprofit educational youth groups! For full information and to apply, please visit our Educational Group Discounted Membership page. Please note that this discount is only offered by application prior to the program deadline, and is not available at the door.
Do you offer military discounts?
We offer a $10 discount off the full weekend, age-13-and-up membership price, for at-the-door registrations only. The discount applies to anyone with valid military ID or family military ID at time of registration. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Which names are displayed on my badge?
For all attendees, we display your preferred name on your badge. Your preferred name is your first and last name that you choose to use in day-to-day conversation when participating in Kumoricon. We offer the choice to display a preferred name that is different than the name on your ID to all attendees, whether you pre-register or are registering at the door.
We ask for the name on your ID on the registration form, but we do not display it on your badge if it is different from your preferred name.
Also, for pre-registered attendees, your badge may optionally display a "fan name" (in addition to preferred name). This is a short (maximum 15 characters) name, identifier, or catchphrase of your choosing.
I have a birthday before the convention. How much do I pay to pre-register?
Your membership cost is based on your age on November 4, 2021.
My birthday is during the convention. How does that work?
If you turn 13 or 18 during the convention, then starting on the day of your birthday, you may visit Registration to swap out your badge for the upgraded type, at no cost.
I registered prior to the announcement of the postponement of the 2020 dates, and I will turn 6, 13, or 18 before the new 2021 dates. How does that work?
You will automatically receive the upgraded badge type based on your age on November 4, 2021. You will not be required to pay the difference in price.
If you will be at least age 18 as of November 4, 2021, you do not need to bring the parent permission form.
I haven't been to an anime convention before. What is it like?
No problem! Read our convention checklist.
How do I register as staff, exhibitors, artists, press, or industry?
Registration for staff, exhibitors, artists, eligible panelists, press, and industry are handled separately. Please do not register using the above form. Instead, please visit the following links for more information on each type of membership. Some types of membership close or open at different times.
- Educational Group Discounted Membership
- Get Involved – staff registration
- KumoriMarket – Exhibitors, Artist Alley, Small Press
- Partner Table Row
- Panelist application
I have another question that isn't answered here, or I need help with something.
We'll be happy to assist you! Please email email@example.com.