Pre-register now for Kumoricon 2018!
You can register at the door, or pre-register online.
Pre-registration gets you a shorter line at the door and costs less!
The sooner you pre-register, the less it costs.
Pre-registration closes October 13. After this date, you must register at the door.
Do I need to bring ID?
Yes, everyone must bring government-issued photo ID, even if you are buying a membership at the door. ID must be valid (not expired).
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- State-issued driver license
- State-issued driver permit
- State-issued identification card
- Military ID
For attendees age 13 to 17 only, if one of the above forms of ID is not available, then school ID from the current or previous school year is acceptable. If school ID is not available, then the attendee's parent or legal guardian must be present during check-in.
If acceptable ID is not presented, you will not be able to enter the convention.
Is parent permission required to attend?
Yes, for all members under age 18.
Do parents need to attend with their children?
Yes, but only for members under age 13. For these attendees, parents or legal guardians must remain with their children at all times, and the parent or guardian must be a paid member as well.
How does parent permission work?
- Download the parent permission and release form – blank version for handwriting, or fillable version for typing your information.
- The parent or legal guardian signs the form.
- The attendee brings it with them to the convention when registering or checking in. If the attendee is age 13 or over, the parent does not need to attend.
Please do not mail the form, even if you register by mail.
What does VIP membership include?
VIP members get the royal treatment! We will be announcing the list of 2018 VIP benefits shortly.
Here was last year's list of official VIP benefits. The 2018 list may be different than the 2017 list.
- 2017 VIP benefit: Signature plastic Kumoricon VIP badge
- 2017 VIP benefit: Limited edition Kumoricon lanyard
- 2017 VIP benefit: Signature Kumoricon merchandise
- 2017 VIP benefit: Signature Kumoricon VIP T-shirt
- 2017 VIP benefit: Discounted prices at the Kumoricon merchandise booth
- 2017 VIP benefit: Exclusive VIP autograph session with our Guests of Honor—subject to Guest availability
- 2017 VIP benefit: Priority entry to all events held in these rooms: Main Events, Arena, Live Events 1, Live Events 2
- 2017 VIP benefit: One "jump the line" pass per day for any chosen event, excluding Autograph sessions
- 2017 VIP benefit: Free admission to the Sake Tasting (pending event being held in 2018)
- 2017 VIP benefit: Free admission to Ghost Neko's Purranormal Maid Café (pending event being held in 2018)
- 2017 VIP benefit: A VIP Liaison who is happy to answer any questions you might have at the event and check back with updates throughout the year
VIP membership is sold out!
Can I pre-register for a single day?
No. Single-day memberships can only be purchased at the door for the same day.
I pre-registered. What days can I check in?
All three days of the convention, plus "Day 0" (Thursday).
What days can I purchase a full weekend membership at the door?
All three days of the convention from Friday to Sunday (not Thursday).
Can somebody else pick up my badge?
No. Each member must be present in person to receive their own badge.
Can I register at the door for somebody else?
Yes. However, we will hold their badge until they can pick it up in person. Each person must be present in person to pick up their own badge.
Can I pay by credit/debit card when registering at the door?
Yes. You can pay by credit/debit card, cash, check, or money order. Please make checks or money orders out to "Altonimbus Entertainment".
What are the convention hours?
Note: Hours are approximate until the schedule is finalized.
|Friday, Oct 26:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Saturday, Oct 27:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Sunday, Oct 28:||8:00am-4:00pm|
Please note that registration booths will have different hours (registration closes prior to the end of each day's convention programming). Registration booth hours will be determined closer to the convention.
Can I pre-register by mail instead of online?
Yes. You may pay by check or money order (please do not mail cash). Please download the mail-in registration form (blank version for handwriting, or fillable copy for typing your information), and follow the instructions to mail. Forms must be postmarked by October 13.
Do you mail badges?
No. All badges are picked up in person. Pre-registered members have a separate, shorter line than at-the-door registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
We offer group discounts to qualifying, nonprofit educational youth groups! For full information and to apply, please visit our Educational Group Discounted Membership page. Please note that this discount is only offered by application prior to the program deadline, and is not available at the door.
I have a birthday before the convention. How much do I pay to pre-register?
Your membership cost is based on your age on October 25, 2018.
My birthday is during the convention. How does that work?
If you turn 13 or 18 during the convention, then starting on the day of your birthday, you may visit Registration to swap out your badge for the upgraded type, at no cost.
I haven't been to an anime convention before. What is it like?
No problem! Read our convention checklist.
How do I register as staff, exhibitors, artists, press, or industry?
Registration for staff, exhibitors, artists, eligible panelists, press, and industry are handled separately. Please do not register using the above form. Instead, please visit the following links for more information on each type of membership. Some types of membership close or open at different times.
- Educational Group Discounted Membership
- Get Involved – staff registration
- Exhibits Hall
- Artist Alley
- Partner Table Row
- Panelist application
I have another question that isn't answered here, or I need help with something.
We'll be happy to assist you! Please email email@example.com.