Registration options for Kumoricon 2019
Registration at the door:
|Ages 13+||Ages 6-12|
Valid, government-issued photo ID is required for all attendees.
Parent permission required under age 18. Parent accompaniment required under age 13.
All attendees must follow the Kumoricon Convention Code of Conduct which includes a costume policy and harassment policy.
Memberships for ages 5 and under are free.
Memberships are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred or sold. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
As of the end of November 2, pre-registration is closed. Registration is available at the door.
Do I need to bring ID?
Yes, everyone must bring government-issued photo ID, even if you are buying a membership at the door. ID must be valid (not expired).
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- State-issued driver license
- State-issued driver permit
- State-issued identification card
- Military ID
For attendees age 13 to 17 only, if one of the above forms of ID is not available, then school ID from the current or previous school year is acceptable. If school ID is not available, then the attendee's parent or legal guardian must be present during check-in.
If acceptable ID is not presented, you will not be able to enter the convention.
Is parent permission required to attend?
Yes, for all members under age 18.
Do parents need to attend with their children?
Yes, but only for members under age 13. For these attendees, parents or legal guardians must remain with their children at all times, and the parent or guardian must be a paid member as well.
How does parent permission work?
- Download the parent permission and release form – blank version for handwriting, or fillable version for typing your information.
- The parent or legal guardian signs the form.
- The attendee brings it with them to the convention when registering or checking in. If the attendee is age 13 or over, the parent does not need to attend.
Please do not mail the form, even if you register by mail.
What are the registration hours?
|Thursday:||12:00pm-10:00pm (pre-registration only)|
Can I pre-register for a single day?
No. Single-day memberships can only be purchased at the door for the same day.
I pre-registered. What days can I check in?
All three days of the convention, plus "Day 0" (Thursday).
What days can I purchase a full weekend membership at the door?
All three days of the convention from Friday to Sunday (not Thursday).
Can somebody else pick up my badge?
No. Each member must be present in person to receive their own badge.
Can I register at the door for somebody else?
Yes. However, we will hold their badge until they can pick it up in person. Each person must be present in person to pick up their own badge.
Can I pay by credit/debit card when registering at the door?
Yes. You can pay by credit/debit card, cash, check, or money order. Please make checks or money orders out to "Altonimbus Entertainment".
What are the convention hours?
|Friday, Nov 15:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Saturday, Nov 16:||8:00am-2:00am|
|Sunday, Nov 17:||8:00am-5:00pm|
Please note that registration booths will have different hours (registration closes prior to the end of each day's convention programming). Please see the registration hours above.
What does VIP membership include?
VIP members get the royal treatment! Special benefits include:
- Priority convention check-in at the Specialty VIP Booth
- Personalized Kumoricon Souvenir VIP badge
- Limited edition Kumoricon lanyard
- Kumoricon VIP Badge Ribbon
- Kumoricon VIP T-shirt
- Exclusive gift items
- An assortment of small Japanese-themed gift or food items
- Additional Kumoricon-branded merchandise items
- Discounted prices at the Kumoricon merchandise booth
- Exclusive VIP autograph session(s) with our Guests of Honor—subject to Guest availability
- Priority entry to all events held in these rooms: Main Events, Coliseum, Auditorium, Live Events 1, Live Events 2
- One "jump the line" pass per day for any chosen event, excluding Autograph pass line/sessions
- $5 off a single session at Ghost Neko's Purranormal Maid Café (limit of 5 VIP members per session)
- And so much more!
VIP membership is sold out!
I haven't been to an anime convention before. What is it like?
No problem! Read our convention checklist.
What is pre-registration?
Pre-registration allows you to register online at a reduced rate. Pre-registration closed after November 2. Registration is available at the door.
Can I pre-register by mail instead of online?
Yes. You may pay by check or money order (please do not mail cash). Please download the mail-in registration form (blank version for handwriting, or fillable copy for typing your information), and follow the instructions to mail. Forms must be postmarked by November 2.
Pre-registration is now closed. Forms postmarked after November 2 will not be processed.
Do you offer military discounts?
We offer a $10 discount off the full weekend, age-13-and-up membership price, for at-the-door registrations only. The discount applies to anyone with valid military ID or family military ID at time of registration. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Which names are displayed on my badge?
For all attendees, we display your preferred name on your badge. Your preferred name is your first and last name that you choose to use in day-to-day conversation when participating in Kumoricon. We offer the choice to display a preferred name that is different than the name on your ID to all attendees, whether you pre-register or are registering at the door.
We ask for the name on your ID on the registration form, but we do not display it on your badge if it is different from your preferred name.
Also, for pre-registered attendees, your badge may optionally display a "fan name" (in addition to preferred name). This is a short (maximum 15 characters) name, identifier, or catchphrase of your choosing.
I have a birthday and turn age 6, 13, or 18 during the convention. How does this affect the price I pay and the convention policies?
For weekend memberships:
- If you pre-registered, then your cost and badge type are based on your age on November 14, 2019.
- If you are registering at the door, then your cost and badge type are based on the day you register.
- If you turn 13 or 18 during the convention, then starting on the day of your birthday, you may visit Registration to swap out your badge for the upgraded type, at no cost.
For single-day memberships:
- Your registration cost and badge type are based on your age on the day of your attendance.
Do you mail badges?
No. All badges are picked up in person. Pre-registered members have a separate, shorter line than at-the-door registration.
How do I pre-purchase a ticket to special ticketed events, such as the Raindrops on Roses Lolita Tea Party, Ghost Neko's Purranormal Maid Café, or the Sake Tasting?
Ticketed event pre-sales have concluded as of November 11 for Ghost Neko's Purranormal Maid Café, the Raindrops on Roses Lolita Tea Party, and the Sake Tasting. Tickets for these events will be available at the convention (see link for locations), subject to availability. A valid convention badge is required for the day of each special ticketed event to enter.
Do you offer group discounts?
We offer group discounts to qualifying, nonprofit educational youth groups! For full information and to apply, please visit our Educational Group Discounted Membership page. Please note that this discount is only offered by application prior to the program deadline, and is not available at the door.
Group discount applications are now closed.
How do I register as staff, exhibitors, artists, press, or industry?
Registration for staff, exhibitors, artists, eligible panelists, press, and industry are handled separately. Please do not register using the above form. Instead, please visit the following links for more information on each type of membership. Some types of membership close or open at different times.
- Educational Group Discounted Membership
- Get Involved – staff registration
- Exhibits Hall
- Artist Alley
- Partner Table Row
- Panelist application
I have another question that isn't answered here, or I need help with something.
We'll be happy to assist you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.