Applications for Artist Alley for Kumoricon 2022 have closed as of April 24. Notifications of acceptance, decline, or waitlist status to applying artists are expected to be sent by the end of May.
The Kumoricon Artist Alley welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise. Artist Alley merchandise traditionally includes fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination.
Application Jury Process
Kumoricon's 2022 Artist Alley will be utilizing a jury process to accept applications. Applications received by the closure date will be chosen based on the Jury Process without regard to when they were submitted. The Jury Process will begin following the close of Artist Alley applications with notifications of your status going out to all applicants by the end of May. The Jury Process will be based on (in order of importance):
- Adhering to the Artist Alley rules and guidelines based on information in the application (incomplete applications are disqualified)
- Variety of products/offerings/artwork (categories of many types)
- Professionalism and completeness of portfolio
Artists should be ready to provide:
- Basic contact information, including an up-to-date email address
- Examples of work through photos of booths at prior events (this is highly preferred), DeviantArt/YouTube tutorial/websites with example art, or any online link that gives examples of at least 10 pieces of work.*
*Note: If your examples display violations described in the Artist Alley contract (linked below), your application will be denied, unless you mention in the "additional information" field that that piece is excluded.
Pricing and applications: Full Artist Alley spaces includes 2 full weekend memberships (valued at $90–$140), and will have a cost of $200 for standard tables.
Artist Alley tables are 6-foot tables with a 2-foot width and two chairs. Each artist table includes 2 weekend memberships to the convention.