The Kumoricon Artist Alley welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise. Artist Alley merchandise traditionally includes fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination.
Kumoricon's 2018 Artist Alley will be utilizing a jury process to accept applications. Applications received by the closure date (see below) will be chosen based on the Jury Process without regard to when they were submitted. The Jury Process will begin following the close of Artist Alley applications with notifications of your status going out to all applicants by the end of June. The Jury Process will be based on (in order of importance):
- Adhering to the Artist Alley rules and guidelines based on information in the application (incomplete applications are disqualified)
- Variety of products/offerings/artwork (categories of many types)
- Professionalism and completeness of portfolio
Artists should be ready to provide:
- Basic contact information, including an up-to-date email address
- Examples of work through photos of booths at prior events (this is highly preferred), DeviantArt/YouTube tutorial/websites with example art, or any online link that gives example of at least 10 pieces of work.
Pricing and applications: Full Artist Alley spaces includes 2 full weekend memberships (valued at $90-$130), and will have a cost of $175 for standard tables. Applications are open below. Half spaces are available, but limited.
Artist Alley applications are open
Artist Alley tables are 6-foot tables with a 2-foot width and two chairs. Each artist table includes 2 weekend memberships to the convention.
Applications are now open and will close on Thursday, May 3, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. This is earlier than the original close date due to the very high number of applications received.
Artists seeking to participate in Artist Alley should not register as attendees at this time, but instead, apply to Artist Alley using the form below.