The Kumoricon Artist Alley welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise. Artist Alley merchandise traditionally includes fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination.
Applications for Artist Alley have closed as of April 1 (including requests to be added to the waitlist). Notifications of acceptance, decline, or waitlist status to applying artists have been sent as of May 14.
Kumoricon's 2019 Artist Alley uses a jury process to accept applications. Applications received by the closure date (see below) are chosen based on the Jury Process without regard to when they were submitted. The Jury Process begins following the close of Artist Alley applications. Notifications of status have been sent to all applicants as of May 14. The Jury Process will be based on (in order of importance):
- Adhering to the Artist Alley rules and guidelines based on information in the application (incomplete applications are disqualified)
- Variety of products/offerings/artwork (categories of many types)
- Professionalism and completeness of portfolio
Artists should be ready to provide:
- Basic contact information, including an up-to-date email address
- Examples of work through photos of booths at prior events (this is highly preferred), DeviantArt/YouTube tutorial/websites with example art, or any online link that gives example of at least 10 pieces of work.
Pricing and applications: Full Artist Alley spaces includes 2 full weekend memberships (valued at $90-$140), and will have a cost of $175 for standard tables. Half spaces are available, but limited.
Artist Alley tables are 6-foot tables with a 2-foot width and two chairs. Each artist table includes 2 weekend memberships to the convention.