Due to overwhelming feedback as well as changes in procedure across the event, Kumoricon 2023 will be continuing a hybrid model for autographs where some guest autographs are free, and some autographs will need to be purchased.
All free autographs will be available for reservation prior to the autograph session through a text message reservation system. All reservations are first-come, first-served. Some of the available reservation slots will be open at the start of the convention, and a portion of available reservation slots for each session will become available starting the day of each session. Visit our event reservations page for full details. If there are any remaining spots for a particular autograph session, a standby line will be allowed to form 30 minutes prior to the session start.
Each attendee is limited to one free autograph per guest; any additional autographs from that guest must be purchased. Please note that only personal items brought by an attendee will be free. Guests may have prints at their booth, and those will have costs associated with them which will be communicated at the guest's booth. See the General Q&A for more information.
For all guests with paid autographs, paid tickets will be available for sale on Kumoricon's website until close to the convention, and may also be available at the convention.
Attending a paid guest autograph session
- To enter the main signing line, you must present your valid Kumoricon 2023 badge.
- We apologize, but members of your group who have not purchased or will not be purchasing autographs for that session cannot stand in line with you, except for parents/guardians accompanying minors, or persons providing accessibility assistance.
- If you have purchased an autograph, you may claim that purchased autograph at any time the guest is at their signing booth, whether it is a scheduled session or an ad-hoc signing session.
- We apologize, but if you miss getting your autograph by the end of the convention, your purchase will be forfeited. Do not pre-purchase your autograph unless you are sure you can make it to a signing.
Attending a free guest autograph session
- To enter the main signing line, you must have reserved a spot in line for that guest, date, and session time using our reservation system. You must also present your valid Kumoricon 2023 badge.
- We apologize, but members of your group who have not reserved spots in line for that session cannot stand in line with you, except for parents/guardians accompanying minors, or persons providing disabilities assistance.
- If you have reserved a spot, you may arrive at the signing session line up to 30 minutes early, but early arrival is not required.
- There are separate lines for attendees with reservations and for standby. Attendees with reservations receive priority until standby begins. Standby will only open if all attendees with reservations in line have been accommodated.
- Attendees with reservations must arrive no later than 30 minutes into the autograph session to receive priority.
- We apologize, but if you miss the signing session for your autograph, it cannot be transferred to a later session. You may make a reservation for a later session if spots remain available.
- Free autographs are only available during scheduled signing sessions. If a guest is signing at their booth outside of a scheduled session, all autographs will be paid autographs.
- Due to the possibility of unforeseen circumstances or guest emergencies, no autographs are guaranteed.
- All autographs are at the guest's discretion. Guests have the right to refuse to autograph anything or for anyone at their individual discretion. Some guests may have special requests, such as: no photos, only one item, etc. All limitation requests from the guest and Autograph Staff must be followed.
- Paid autographs are limited to a maximum of 1 autograph per autograph purchased. Free autographs are limited to a maximum of 1 free autograph per person. Items for guests to sign must be official, licensed products (no bootlegs). Fan art is acceptable for some guests; please confirm with Autograph Staff before you reach the guest. Guests may have merchandise or prints available for purchase while at the session, at their discretion. Please have items ready for autographing or payment ready for making a purchase when you are near the front of the line.
- Guests may refuse gifts, photos, or recordings individually or entirely at their discretion.
- To provide a fair signing opportunity to all attendees, please limit your time with a guest to one minute or less.
- No touching guests without permission. Ask first for hugs, handshakes, etc., and respect that a guest may be sick, tired, or have some other reason for not wanting to give hugs.
- The following gifts are prohibited: gifts of homemade food, gifts of pre-packaged consumables that have been opened, or gifts of pre-packaged consumables with tampered packaging. All consumable gifts must be pre-packaged with visible seals intact, without exception. If you have a consumable gift, you must present your gift to a Guest Relations handler for approval prior to presenting the gift to a guest.
- Please remember that items to be signed or gifts must follow Kumoricon policies, such as props and weapons. Please review our Code of Conduct if you have questions about if your item would be allowed.
- General Q&A
- Photograph Q&A
- VIP Q&A
- Accessibility accommodation Q&A
- Staff autograph Q&A
- Other questions
How many items can I have signed?
For paid autographs, one purchased autograph equals one item signed, though if you buy more at the guest's booth then more can be signed (see next question). Free autograph sessions allow 1 free personal item being signed. You may bring items with you to be signed, purchase items from the guest to get signed, or have your Kumoricon badge or pocket guide signed. Please remember that the guest can choose to not sign a particular item at their own discretion.
Can I pay for extra items to be signed?
Yes. Guests will have the ability to sell additional autographs at their booths. Guests may also have merchandise for sale during their autograph sessions which can be purchased. While some may accept credit cards, it is recommended you bring cash just in case.
Will guests have posters, prints, or other items for me to purchase?
Guests are welcome to have their own merchandise for sale at their booths and will have prices listed at their booths should any merchandise be available.
Will guests have a booth in KumoriMarket?
Some guests may have a booth where they hold additional signings. Kumoricon does not operate any sales at a guest's KumoriMarket booth. Free autographs are not honored at a guest's dedicated KumoriMarket booth.
Will artists and cosplay guests have signings? What about sketch sessions or photo ops?
Each guest is different. Please keep an eye on schedule announcements for any special guest events. Some cosplay guests may have a booth; if they do, they will be along the same wall as the other autograph booths.
How many autographs will be allowed?
Each guest is different; the number of autographs allowed is based on how quickly autograph lines move, how fast a guest is at signing, demand, the length of the session, etc.
Are accessibility accommodations available when purchasing autographs?
If you need assistance, please see the Accessibility booth in Registration.
How early can I line up for a session if I have a paid autograph?
30 minutes prior to the session's start time.
What if I miss a session? Can I go to another one for that guest?
You can pick up your pre-purchased autographs at any time a guest is signing whether it is scheduled or unscheduled.
If some people with paid autographs don't show up, will the staff let more people into the autograph line?
All attendees will use the same line. If there is still remaining time in the guest's autograph session after lines have been accommodated, we will announce via the KumoriMarket speakers that the autograph line is open to enter until the session is complete.
Can I get my picture taken with the guest?
Some guests allow for pictures to be taken, and some do not. Please ask the liaison at the guest's booth to make sure that guest allows photos. If they do, the liaison can take pictures for you.
What about photo ops?
Kumoricon does not offer comic con-style photo ops with guests at this time.
Will all VIPs get autographs from all guests?
No. We offer a three-level VIP collection so that you can focus your VIP experience on the things you want. Please review VIP Membership for the benefits offered by each VIP level. Each level offers different autograph benefits. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on your VIP membership.
How will I receive my VIP autograph coupon?
By email. If your VIP level includes autographs, you'll receive a link to a form about 2 weeks before the convention to select your autograph reservations.
Accessibility accommodation Q&A
What if I have a disability that prevents me from standing for long periods of time? Do I still need to wait in the autograph line?
Please let a member of Autograph Staff know that you need accommodation and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What do I need to do if I get a paid autograph?
Please proceed to any autograph session for that guest with your badge and photo ID. In order to best accommodate you, we recommend arriving 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Staff autograph Q&A
Please visit the Staff Autographs Q&A (staff login required) for more information on staff autograph sessions.
If you have further questions which are not answered above, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.