Due to overwhelming feedback as well as changes in procedure across the event, Kumoricon 2021 will be adopting a hybrid model for autographs where some guest autographs are free, and some autographs will need to be purchased. Each guest will either have all of their autographs free or all of their autographs requiring a purchase.
All free autographs will be available for reservation prior to the autograph session through a text message reservation system. All reservations are first-come, first-served. Some of the available reservation slots will be open at the start of the convention, and a portion of available reservation slots for each session will become available starting the day of each session. Visit our event reservations page for full details. If there are any remaining spots for a particular autograph session, a standby line will be allowed to form 30 minutes prior to the session start. Please note that only personal items brought by an attendee will be free. Guests may have prints at their table, and those will have costs associated with them which will be communicated at the guest's table. See the General Q&A for more information.
For all guests with paid autographs, paid tickets will be available before and during the convention at our website, up until one hour before each session starts. By buying an autograph ticket, you will be able to pre-purchase your autograph and guarantee yourself a place in line to see that guest. There will also be a line at the event for walk-ups if there is still time after the pre-purchased line has concluded.
Attending the paid guest autograph session
- To enter the main signing line, you must have pre-purchased an autograph for that guest, date, and session time. You must also present your valid Kumoricon 2021 badge.
- We apologize, but members of your group who have not purchased autographs for that session cannot stand in line with you, except for parents/guardians accompanying minors, or persons providing disabilities assistance.
- If you have purchased an autograph, you may arrive at the signing session line up to 30 minutes early, but early arrival is not required.
- There are separate lines for pre-paid ticketholders and standby. Paid ticketholders receive priority until standby begins. Standby will only open if all paid ticketholders in line have been accommodated.
- Paid ticketholders must arrive no later than 30 minutes into the autograph session to receive priority.
- We apologize, but if you miss the signing session for your autograph, it cannot be transferred to a later session or refunded.
- We do not guarantee that we can accommodate any person in the standby line.
Attending the free guest autograph session
- To enter the main signing line, you must have reserved a spot in line for that guest, date, and session time using our reservation system. You must also present your valid Kumoricon 2021 badge.
- We apologize, but members of your group who have not reserved spots in line for that session cannot stand in line with you, except for parents/guardians accompanying minors, or persons providing disabilities assistance.
- If you have reserved a spot, you may arrive at the signing session line up to 30 minutes early, but early arrival is not required.
- There are separate lines for attendees with reservations and for standby. Attendees with reservations receive priority until standby begins. Standby will only open if all attendees with reservations in line have been accommodated.
- Attendees with reservations must arrive no later than 30 minutes into the autograph session to receive priority.
- We apologize, but if you miss the signing session for your autograph, it cannot be transferred to a later session. You may make a reservation for a later session if spots remain available.
- Due to the possibility of unforeseen circumstances or guest emergencies, no autographs are guaranteed.
- All autographs are at the guest's discretion. Guests have the right to refuse to autograph anything or for anyone at their individual discretion. Some guests may have special requests, such as: no photos, only one item, etc. All limitation requests from the Guest and Autograph Staff must be followed.
- Paid autographs are limited to a maximum of 1 autograph per autograph purchased. Free autographs are limited to a maximum of 2 free autographs per person. Gifts, photos, and recordings are included in the 2-item limit. Items for guests to sign must be official, licensed products (no bootlegs). Fan art is acceptable for some guests; please confirm with Autograph Staff before you reach the guest. Guests may have merchandise or prints available for purchase while at the session, at their discretion. Please have items ready for autographing or payment ready for making a purchase when you are near the front of the line.
- Guests may refuse gifts, photos, or recordings individually or entirely at their discretion.
- To provide a fair signing opportunity to all attendees, please limit your time with a guest to one minute or less.
- You may take photos while your guest signs your items, but to save time, we ask that guests don't pose or pause for photos. A member of the Autograph Staff can take a photo for you while your item(s) is signed.
- No touching guests without permission. Ask first for hugs, handshakes, etc., and respect that a guest may be sick, tired, or have some other reason for not wanting to give hugs.
- The following gifts are prohibited: gifts of homemade food, gifts of pre-packaged consumables that have been opened, or gifts of pre-packaged consumables with tampered packaging. All consumable gifts must be pre-packaged with visible seals intact, without exception. If you have a consumable gift, you must present your gift to a Guest Relations handler for approval prior to presenting the gift to a guest.
- Please remember that items to be signed or gifts must follow Kumoricon policies, such as props and weapons. Please review our Code of Conduct if you have questions about if your item would be allowed.
- General Q&A
- Photograph Q&A
- VIP Autograph session Q&A
- Accessibility accommodation Q&A
- Staff autograph Q&A
- Other questions
How many items can I have signed?
For paid autographs, one purchased autograph equals one item signed, though if you buy more at the guest's table then more can be signed (see next question). Free autograph sessions allow 2 free personal items being signed unless requested otherwise by the guest. You may bring items with you to be signed, purchase items from the guest to get signed, or have your Kumoricon badge or pocket guide signed. Please remember that the Guest can choose to not sign a particular item at their own discretion.
Can I pay for extra items to be signed?
Yes. Guests will have the ability to sell additional autographs at their tables. Guests may also have merchandise for sale during their autograph sessions which can be purchased. While some may accept credit card, it is recommended you bring cash just in case.
Will guests have posters, prints, or other items for me to purchase?
Guests are welcome to have their own merchandise for sale at their tables and will have prices listed at their sessions should any merchandise be available.
Will guests have a booth in KumoriMarket?
Some guests may have a booth where they hold additional signings. Kumoricon does not operate any sales at a guest's KumoriMarket booth and does not set those prices or signing times.
Will artists and cosplay guests have signings? What about sketch sessions or photo ops?
Each guest is different. Please keep an eye on schedule announcements for any special guest events.
How many autographs will be distributed?
Each guest is different; the number of passes distributed is based on how quickly autograph lines move, how fast a guest is at signing, demand, the length of the session etc.
Are accessibility accommodations available when purchasing autographs?
If you need assistance, please see the Autographs management booth.
How early can I line up for a session if I have a paid autograph?
30 minutes prior to the session's start time. Please keep in mind that you do not need to arrive early to join the session. If you have pre-purchased an autograph for the session, you are free to join it at any time, although you will not receive priority unless you arrive within the first 30 minutes into the autograph session.
Can my friend/significant other line up with me?
Due to space constraints, only the attendee who pre-purchased an autograph may stand in the autograph line. Exceptions are parents/guardians accompanying minors, and attendants for persons with disabilities.
What if I miss my session? Can I go to another for that guest?
No, passes do not transfer or roll over to another session if you cannot attend or miss the session.
If some people with paid autographs don't show up, will the staff let more people into the autograph line?
If there is still time remaining for a guest's autograph session, we will first allow anyone in the standby line to go through. If there is still remaining time in the guest’s autograph session after standby attendees have been accommodated, we will announce via the KumoriMarket speakers that the autograph line is open to enter until the session is complete.
I am only attending to get _______ 's autograph. Can't I just attend that session without a reservation, since it's the only reason I'm coming to the con?
Unfortunately, that would be unfair to other attendees hoping to get an autograph from that guest. We suggest looking into purchasing a VIP membership, which allows you to attend a special VIP signing. More info on VIP memberships can be found here.
Can I get my picture taken with the guest?
To make sure we get through as many people as possible, we ask that guests don't pose during the autograph sessions. If you would like a photo taken, a Kumoricon staff member will be able to take pictures while the guest is signing for you. We do request you to ask permission before using flash for photographs.
What about photo ops?
Kumoricon does not offer comic con-style photo ops with guests at this time.
I'm a VIP. Can I attend the regularly scheduled autograph sessions?
Absolutely! However, VIPs do not get priority access during the normal autograph sessions, and if choosing to attend a non-VIP session, must reserve a spot normally. For a more exclusive autograph session with our Guests of Honor, please attend the VIP autograph session.
Will all VIPs get autographs from all guests?
While all guests are encouraged to participate in the VIP Autograph Session, sometimes due to scheduling constraints it is not possible for every guest to be present. All guests that will be participating in the VIP Autograph Sessions will be announced with the programming schedule.
Do I need a pass for the VIP session if I'm a VIP?
No, your VIP badge will grant you access to the VIP autograph session.
Can I get a photo with a guest at the VIP signing?
Photos are at the discretion of the guest during the VIP signing.
Can my non-VIP friend join me at the VIP session if they aren't getting an autograph?
Unfortunately to avoid confusion and to assist with making sure every VIP member is accommodated within the VIP session we ask that only VIP members attend the VIP autograph session. If you have a parent/guardian, or ADA attendant that does not have a VIP membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When will the VIP signing be?
The time of the VIP session(s) will be announced with the rest of the programming schedule.
What if I have a disability that prevents me from standing for long periods of time? Do I still need to wait in the autograph line?
Please let a member of Autograph Staff know that you need accommodation and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What do I need to do if I get a paid autograph?
Please proceed to your autograph session with your autograph pass. In order to best accommodate you, we recommend arriving 30 minutes prior to the start time. Attendants for persons with disabilities are permitted to accompany the passholder. If you require additional assistance, please make that clear to the Autograph Staff in the autographs area. Please visit the Operations Office for further accessibility accommodations throughout the convention.
Please visit the Staff Autographs Q&A (staff login required) for more information on staff autograph sessions.
If you have further questions which are not answered above, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.