The Kumoricon Small Press welcomes freelance artists and creators by providing space to sell their personal works at the convention. Kumoricon defines the Small Press section as independently-developed artist businesses featuring original content. This includes companies that focus on fashion apparel, tabletop games, webcomics, plushies, and much more!
Application deadline: Applications are now open and will close on on or before Monday, May 6, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Applications may close early if the quantity of applications exceeds the overflow limit.
Kumoricon's 2019 Small Press will be juried. The jury process will begin following the close of Small Press applications with notifications going out to all applicants (whether accepted, rejected, or waitlisted) before August. The Jury Process will be based on (in order of importance):
- Adhering to the Small Press rules and guidelines based on information in the application (incomplete applications are disqualified)
- Variety of products/offerings/artwork (categories of many types)
- Professionalism and completeness of portfolio
Artists should be ready to provide:
- Basic contact information, including an up-to-date email address
- Examples of work through photos or videos of booths at prior events (this is highly preferred), DeviantArt/YouTube tutorial/websites with example art, or any online link that gives examples of work.
Pricing and applications: Full Small Press spaces include 2 full weekend memberships (valued at $90-$140), and will have a cost of $300 for standard booths. Applications are open below.
Small Press applications are open
Small Press booths are 10-foot by 10-foot booth spaces with 8-foot tables with a 2-foot width and two chairs. Each artist table comes with 2 full weekend memberships to the convention.
Please read this important information before applying: Small Press is intended to be a showcase of independent businesses and original art (not fan creations based on industry characters). You may only display, distribute, or sell items which are original creations of the artist(s) at the table. These original creations may not include, as any element of their design, intellectual property not created by the artist(s) at the table.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.