Play and Win
Do you like playing tabletop games? Do you like free things? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you should come check out our Play and Win program (PAW)! The rules are simple. Everyone who plays one of our PAW games is entered into a drawing for that game at the end of con. You only get one entry per game, but you can enter every game's drawing! Winners will be announced at 2:00pm on Sunday at PAW Library, and they have until 3:00pm to pick up their game(s). At 3:00pm we will begin drawing new winners for any unclaimed games, but these new winners must be present to receive the game. During the 3:00pm drawing you are still eligible to win games even if you won one during the 2:00pm drawing.
For more information, please see PAW staff.
Play and Win is available to all Kumoricon attendees and staff. To participate:
- Check out the game from the Play and Win table.
- Play at least one round of the game.
The initial winner will be announced at 2:00pm on Sunday and a written list of winners will be posted. Winners must arrive at the PAW table by 3:00pm to claim their game. To claim their game:
- The winner must present their badge to PAW staff for verification.
- The winner will then have their photo taken with their game. This photo will be used exclusively by Kumoricon for use in marketing the PAW program.
After 3:00pm, if the game is not claimed, PAW staff will select additional winners, one at a time. Winners must be present to claim their game and follow the same procedure listed above. At 4:00pm, drawings will stop and all unclaimed games will be added to the Kumoricon library.
InDiPro Games will be running an indie board game tournament at Kumoricon. It will consist of 6 smaller tournaments: 3 on Friday and 3 on Saturday. You don't need to participate in all of them to be eligible for prizes in the overall tournament.
- Friday: Mean Robo, Snakes and Letters, and Slip Strike
- Saturday: Vamp on the Batwalk, Pocket Paragons, and Primordial Secrets
All 6 games will be available for demo for play before or after the tournaments.
- 1st place: 20 Kumori Cash and $15 gift credit to https://shop.indiprogames.com
- 2nd place: 15 Kumori Cash and $5 gift card to https://shop.indiprogames.com
- 3rd place: 10 Kumori Cash
- 4th through 8th place: 5 Kumori Cash
In addition to the listed prizes, we will also keep track of first, second, and third in each game and award 3, 2, and 1 points, respectively, in the overall tournament. Then, starting with whoever has the most points from those 6 tournaments and working down will get to choose from the following games after the scores are tallied after the last tournament on Sunday:
(Game list to be determined.)
If you are not around during the announcement of winners, we will text you if you can pick up your winnings or send someone to do so. You may make your choice; if not, we will send you a $5 gift credit for the InDiPro website and let the next highest score make a pick until all prizes have been given out.
All ties will be broken by who had the most first place wins, then second, then third. In the case of a continued tie, a die roll or coin toss will be made. If prizes are gone while people who are still tied are in the running, they will receive a $5 gift credit to the InDiPro website.
Guilty Gear -Strive-: The Board Game tournament
Guilty Gear -Strive-: The Board Game is a heart-thumping show-stopping dueling game for 2 players. Play as one of 20 iconic Guilty Gear fighters, use their special moves, and slash your opponent's life down to 0 to win!
Guilty Gear -Strive-: The Board Game is powered by the Exceed Fighting System, a proven game engine with over 7 years of continuous development. It is cross-compatible with other Exceed-based games, such as BlazBlue Exceed and Street Fighter Exceed.
For this tournament we will be using the Guilty Gear: Strive demo decks for everyone to use.
- 1st place: 20 Kumori Cash + Bonus Prize
- 2nd place: 15 Kumori Cash + Bonus Prize
- 3rd place: 10 Kumori Cash + Bonus Prize
- 4th through 8th place: 5 Kumori Cash
- 1st through 12th place: will also get a Guilty Gear: Strive demo deck.
The three bonus prizes below will be available to pick from starting with first place.
- Exceed: Shovel Knight playmat
- Sakura Arms dDesk mat
- The Grand Chronicle (The art and story of Level 99's World of Indines)
Complete daily quests to win prizes while supplies last. Daily quests will be available that can be found in the informational pamphlet you can get at the Play and Win booth. Some examples of daily prizes are enamel pins, dice sets, promos, pokemon cards, stickers, and more.
Are you a local board game designer and want your game available for attendees to play in our Play and Win? Feel free to stop by the convention and drop off any games you would like to donate.
Are you a board game publisher or board game designer and want your game available for attendees to play in our Play and Win? Feel free to stop by the convention and drop off any games you would like to donate. Do you have questions or would prefer to mail your games to Kumoricon? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Red Rising
- Libertalia: Winds of Galecrest
- Tanto Cuore
- Tanto Cuore: Oktoberfest
- Tanto Cuore: Romantic Vacation
- Naruto: Ninja Arena – core game + Genin Pack expansion
- Cowboy Bebop: Space Serenade
- The Tree Lined Avenue
- Night Clan
- Margot: La fée
- Ramen! Ramen!
- Tanto Cuore: Doki Doki Beach Volleyball
- Jixia Academy
- Shadows in Kyoto
- Jigūan: The Eastern Mechanist
- Click Click Boom
- Chibi Heroes
- Not Another Fetch Quest!!!
- Bunny Party at Maple Valley
- Pirate Party: Women of the High Seas
- Recipe for Disaster
- I Am Death Now?
The Op Games
- Disney Sorcerer's Arena: Epic Alliances
- Smash Up: Disney Edition
- Can't Catch Harry
- Cafe Chaos
Yellow Mountain Imports
- Go (the traditional Japanese board game)
Discount code for 10% off: 2023KPW – Valid from Nov 15 to Dec 21, 2023
- Bestiary of Sigillum
- Fabled: The Spirit Lands
- Roll For It! Red
- Roll For It! Purple
- Mass Transit
- 12 Days
- Enchanted Plumes
Level 99 Games
- Exceed: Shovel Knight
- BattleCON: Trials of Indines
- Sakura Arms: Yurina Box
- Sakura Arms: Saine Box
- Sakura Arms: Yatsuha Box
- The Plan
- Bug Off!
- Ferret Out
Thames & Kosmos
- Inside Job
- High Score
Indie Game Studios
- Crossed Words
- Noch Mal So Gut (Bravo!)
- Silver Bullet
- Cat in the Box
- Cabo: Deluxe Edition
Smirk & Dagger Games
- The Deadlies
- The Spill
Grandpa Beck's Games
- Skull King
- Reign of Dragoness
- Toil & Troublez
- LUNA Capital
- Savernake Forest
- What the Heck?
- Spicy Dice
Weird Giraffe Games
- Gift of Tulips
- Studies in Sorcery
- Dreams of Tomorrow
- Butts on Things
Adam's Apple Games
- Four Humours
Dragon Dawn Productions
Wise Wizard Games
- Hero Realms
Left Justified Studio
- Kill the Unicorns
- Claim It!
- Jet Set