Play and Win
Do you like playing tabletop games? Do you like free things? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you should come check out our Play and Win program (PAW)! The rules are simple. Everyone who plays one of our PAW games is entered into a drawing for that game at the end of con. You only get one entry per game, but you can enter every game's drawing! Winners will be announced at 2:00pm on Sunday at PAW Library, and they have until 3:00pm to pick up their game(s). At 3:00pm we will begin drawing new winners for any unclaimed games, but these new winners must be present to receive the game. During the 3:00pm drawing you are still eligible to win games even if you won one during the 2:00pm drawing.
For more information, please see PAW staff.
Play and Win is available to all Kumoricon attendees and staff. To participate:
- Check out the game from the Play and Win table.
- Play at least one round of the game.
- Fill out the play log sheet. Each participant in that game must be listed.
- Each participant on the log sheet is entered into the drawing, but any player can mark the opt-out box to be excluded from the drawing.
- Play log sheets must be turned into the PAW table by 1:00pm on Sunday to be included in the drawing, with an exception for those playing in the tiny epics on Sunday afternoon through 2:00pm.
The initial winner will be announced at 2:00pm on Sunday and a written list of winners will be posted. Winners must arrive at the PAW table by 3:00pm to claim their game. To claim their game:
- The winner must present their badge to PAW staff for verification.
- The winner will then have their photo taken with their game. This photo will be used exclusively by Kumoricon for use in marketing the PAW program.
- The winner will then receive their game.
After 3:00pm, if the game is not claimed, PAW staff will select additional winners, one at a time. Winners must be present to claim their game and follow the same procedure listed above. At 4:00pm, drawings will stop and all unclaimed games will be added to the Kumoricon library.
InDiPro Games will be running an indie board game tournament at Kumoricon. It will consist of 6 smaller tournaments: 2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. You don't need to participate in all of them to be eligible for prizes in the overall tournament.
- Friday: Escape Deathrace and Annihilation Zombies
- Saturday: Replicants! and Pocket Paragons
- Sunday: Front Line No Komrades and Vamp on the Batwalk
All 6 games will be available for demo for play before or after the tournaments.
- 1st place: 20 Kumori Cash and $15 gift credit to https://shop.indiprogames.com
- 2nd place: 15 Kumori Cash and $5 gift card to https://shop.indiprogames.com
- 3rd place: 10 Kumori Cash
- 4th through 8th place: 5 Kumori Cash
In addition to the listed prizes, we will also keep track of first, second, and third in each game and award 3, 2, and 1 points, respectively, in the overall tournament. Then, starting with whoever has the most points from those 6 tournaments and working down will get to choose from the following games after the scores are tallied after the last tournament on Sunday:
- A copy of Replicants! and its expansion (USC)
- All 3 pocket RPGs: Big Eyes Small Brains, Laser Metal, DnDizzle
- Paws and Padlocks and its expansion
- A bundle of 5 Rainbow Starlight games: Hooch Stooges, As You Love It, Reggae Revolution, Expansive Universe, and Bone Strike
- A set of polyhedral dice coins
If you are not around during the announcement of winners, we will text you if you can pick up your winnings or send someone to do so. You may make your choice; if not, we will send you a $5 gift credit for the InDiPro website and let the next highest score make a pick until all prizes have been given out.
All ties will be broken by who had the most first place wins, then second, then third. In the case of a continued tie, a die roll or coin toss will be made. If prizes are gone while people who are still tied are in the running, they will receive a $5 gift credit to the InDiPro website.
Complete daily quests to win prizes while supplies last. Daily quests will be available that can be found in the informational pamphlet you can get at the Play and Win booth.
Are you a local board game designer and want your game available for attendees to play in our Play and Win? Feel free to stop by the convention and drop off any games you would like to donate.
Games that have their own demo:
- Tokyo Metro
- I'd Eat That
- Between Two Cities Essential Edition
- Red Rising
- Rolling Realms
- Libertalia: Winds of Galecrest
- Tiny Epic Quest
- Tiny Epic Zombies
- Tiny Epic Tactics
- Pick any Japanime game in Play and Win to play
- Jixia Academy
- Shadows in Kyoto
- Jigūan: The Eastern Mechanist
- Click Click Boom
- Chibi Heroes
Other games we have confirmed for checkout:
- Asking for Trobils
- Dwellings of Eldervale
- Fake News
- Infinite Jonathans
- It Dies with Me
- Order of Invention
- The Game of 49
Yellow Mountain Imports:
- Go (the traditional Japanese board game)
- Winter Queen
- Deep State: New World Order
- Enigma: Beyond Code
- Windmill: Cute Secrets
- Roll For It! Red
- Roll For It! Purple
- Mass Transit
- 12 Days
- Enchanted Plumes
Level 99 Games:
- The Plan
- Mystic Paths
- Ferret Out
Thames & Kosmos:
- Ubongo 3D
- The Crew: Mission Deep Sea
Indie game studios:
- Crossed Words
- Noch Mal So Gut (Bravo!)
- Silver Bullet
- Cabo: Deluxe Edition
- Werewords Deluxe Edition
Smirk & Dagger Games:
- The Deadlies
- The Spill
Grandpa Beck's Games:
- Skull King
- Cover Your Kingdom
- Reign of Dragoness
- Out of This World
- What the Heck?
Weird Giraffe Games:
- Dreams of Tomorrow
9th Level Games:
- Meeple Party
Adam's Apple Games:
- Truck Off: Roll and Write
Dragon Dawn Productions:
Wise Wizard Games:
- Star Realms
- Hero Realms
Left Justified Studio:
- Kill the Unicorns
- Echidna Shuffle