Altonimbus Entertainment welcomes and encourages our attendees to come in cosplay and have a great time at events. We desire to foster a positive and encouraging environment where all attendees can enjoy a safe, fun, and memorable event. To that end, we require that anyone bringing in prop items to Kumoricon that resemble weapons or could potentially be wielded like a weapon, read and adhere to this policy.
Peace-bonding prop requirements:
- Every attendee bringing potentially dangerous props or props that appear to be potentially dangerous into the convention will be required to have the props inspected and marked by Kumoricon staff.
- Props must be re-inspected and re-marked, if peace-bond is damaged or removed.
- Items must be peace-bonded prior to or immediately upon entering the event space.
- Attendees purchasing props at KumoriMarket or an approved event exhibitor will be required to have the items checked and peace-bonded, or remove the item from the event space.
- Any attendee found to be altering or modifying peace-bonding marks may be subject to a warning, temporary membership suspension, or membership revocation.
- Any attendee found to be falsifying marks on props, in an attempt to bypass peace-bonding inspection, is subject to immediate membership revocation without refund, removal from the event space, and potentially being banned from other Altonimbus Entertainment-hosted events.
At our convention, the following activities are prohibited:
- Brandishing, aiming, or swinging your prop item, with the exceptions of safely posing for the purpose of a photograph, or choreographed moves during the Cosplay Contest or other official stage performance event.
- Using a prop item to threaten or intimidate others.
- Hitting, tapping, poking, aiming, or otherwise inappropriately touching another person with your prop item.
- Using a prop item to annoy or bother others in a direct or intentional way.
- Pointing a prop item at another person against their wishes.
- Leaving your prop item unattended at any time.
- Causing damage to personal or event space property.
Please exercise caution and be aware of the size of your prop so as not to inadvertently come in contact with people or property. You are responsible for the interactions of your prop whether it is in your possession or not. If you let anyone else use or hold your prop, we may hold you responsible for any code of conduct violations involving that prop.
If your peace-bond mark comes off of your item you must return to the peace-bonding booth to receive a new mark and sign a new agreement.
The following items are prohibited at Kumoricon:
- Items that are functional projectile weapons, regardless of whether you have a concealed weapons permit. This includes but is not limited to firearms and airsoft guns. All projectile items must be permanently inoperable and unusable.
- Any prop firearm that does not have a highly visible orange tip, or that for any other reason looks like it could be functional from 10 feet away, even if they are non functioning
- Swords and props which contain live steel (sharp enough to cut or pointed tip enough to puncture).
- Devices intended to produce vapor or smoke, including but not limited to vape pens, smoke bombs, and fog machines, unless approved as part of an official convention event (prohibition also applies within 25 feet of any building entrance)
- Potentially dangerous props which are not part of a bona fide costume
- Any props or items that inhibit traffic due to their size
- Props, or items which are vulgar, obscene, graphic, or sexually themed
Exotic weapons will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
We reserve the right to take into consideration each prop on a case-by-case basis to determine allowability of any item. At our discretion, items deemed unsafe may be rejected and you may be asked to remove your item from the premises for any reason at any time.
Violations of this peace-bonding agreement will require the removal of the peace-bonded item from the premises and may subject you to a warning, temporary convention suspension, permanent membership revocation, or longer ban, in our sole discretion. All rules in the Code of Conduct also apply.
Peace-bonding agreements must be signed by the attendee bearing the item. If the attendee is a minor, a parent or guardian contact must also be provided.
If you are signing this agreement before presenting your prop for inspection upon arrival at the event, please understand that we may still reject the prop if it does not adhere to our prop safety standards.
Kumoricon's peace-bonding policy is based on KuroNekoCon's policy, adapted with permission.