Contest and Competition Entry Forms
Currently open for entries:
- Cosplay Contest – Entries are open through Oct 15
- Cosplay Lip Sync Showdown – Entries are open through Oct 8
- Fan Art Contest – Entries are open through Nov 6
- Fan Fiction Contest – Entries are open through Oct 29 (Oct 22 for novel entries)
Subject to change. Each listed competition is usually held every year, but this is not guaranteed.
- Gunpla Model Competition
- Karaoke Contest
Contests that have concluded entries for 2021:
- AMV Contest – Entries closed Aug 31
- Art Poster Contest – Entries closed Jan 31
- Mascot Contest – Entries closed Sep 12
Contest entries and winners from earlier years:
- Escape room – Opening closer to the convention
- Photoshoot listing and sign-up – Opening closer to the convention
Presenting a Panel
- Panel application – Applications closed Aug 20
- Artist Alley – Applications closed on May 4 – Welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise; traditionally favors fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination
- Small Press – Applications closed on May 16 – Welcomes freelance artists and creators; independently-developed artist businesses featuring original content (no fan art), often focusing on fashion apparel, tabletop games, webcomes, plushies, and much more
- Exhibitor Area – Applications are open through Oct 10 – Space for retailers and other dealers selling a wide range of goods at the convention
Industry and Press
- Industry membership application – Applications are open through Sep 30 – Industry badges for professionals in the anime, manga, gaming, and other related industries
- Press membership application – Applications are open through Oct 31 – Press badges for applying and qualifying venues
- Partner Tables – Applications are open through Sep 24 – Low- or no-cost option for cultural groups, fan groups, conventions and events, and local organizations
- Sponsorship options
Donating to our Charities
- Charity auction donation form – Opening closer to the convention
- Art show registration – Opening closer to the convention
Volunteering and Joining Staff
Kumoricon is an organization designed, staffed, and held together by volunteers. Everyone who puts their time and effort into the production of this convention is a volunteer—from the board of directors and executive staff of Altonimbus Entertainment (our corporate name and the company that presents Kumoricon), to the people who come to the convention every year and help out with line control or helping attendees check in.
Joining staff: Within Kumoricon, when we say "staff", what we mean is somebody who takes on a position with a title, is a voting member of Altonimbus Entertainment, and has the right to vote at membership meetings. By working the convention to fulfill all the requirements of a certain position, they receive access to the convention, a Kumoricon staff T-shirt, many other fun oppourtunites, as well as the benefit of being a part of an incredibly loving team of anime fans dedicated to puting on a great show!
Volunteering: There are a lot of people within our community who, while loving our convention and wanting to get involved, simply do not have the time to donate or the energy to be a full-on staffer. There are also people who love the convention intensely, but have no desire to be a part of the overall corporation/organization that makes the convention run. They may not have personal opinions about the day-to-day runnings of the convention before and after it takes place and so they don't feel the drive to become a member. And that is A-OK! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and watch this space for more expanded volunteering information.
For staff and volunteers, we can assist with college work experience programs and signing for volunteer hours.
- Open staff positions – Browse the entire convention org chart
- Staff application – Start here to help choose a position or apply if you've already selected one
- Membership meetings – Open to the public; meeting schedule and minutes for previous meetings
- Staff registration – Further details about what it means to staff and how the registration process works
- Staff membership policies – Code of conduct, staff contract, and policies on harassment, conflict of interest, and handling disputes
- Staff website – Log in if you are current fully registered staff