Contest and Competition Entry Forms
Currently open for entries:
- Fan Art Contest – Entries are open through Nov 6
Contests that have concluded entries for 2021:
- AMV Contest – Entries closed Aug 31
- Art Poster Contest – Entries closed Jan 31
- Cosplay Contest – Entries closed Oct 15
- Cosplay Lip Sync Showdown – Entries closed Oct 8
- Fan Fiction Contest – Entries closed Oct 29
- Karaoke Contest – Entries closed Oct 31
- Mascot Contest – Entries closed Sep 12
Contest entries and winners from earlier years:
- DigiKumo 2020 contest winners
- Mascot Contest entries
- Program book and pocket guide covers
- Art Poster Contest 2021 entries
Event Sign-Ups and Rules
- ACME VIP pass – Sold online through Nov 5, 12:00noon – VIP meet-and-greet session with ACME, including 1 group photo with the band before the concert, VIP priority access to ACME events at Kumoricon, and more
- Autographs – Our updated autograph processes for Kumoricon 2021. We are using a hybrid system. Some guests will have paid autographs and other guests will have free autographs.
- Escape room – Sign up at con
- Event Reservations – The no-cost autograph sessions, escape room, and some additional events may require no-cost, at-con reserservations using a text message system.
- Gunpla Lounge – Offering Open Build, Model Build-&-Take, and Model Showcase (enter at convention)
- KumoriBall: Fungus Fiefdom – Formal dress code is required – Submit song suggestions through Oct 27
- Panel: Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz – Complete and turn in at or before the panel on November 6
- Photoshoot listing and sign-up – No official form and list this year. You can announce your photoshoot in our Facebook group.
Presenting a Panel
- Panel application – Applications closed Aug 20
- Artist Alley – Applications closed on May 4 – Welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise; traditionally favors fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination
- Small Press – Applications closed on May 16 – Welcomes freelance artists and creators; independently-developed artist businesses featuring original content (no fan art), often focusing on fashion apparel, tabletop games, webcomes, plushies, and much more
- Exhibitor Area – Applications closed on Oct 10 – Space for retailers and other dealers selling a wide range of goods at the convention
Industry and Press
- Industry membership application – Applications closed on Oct 7 – Industry badges for professionals in the anime, manga, gaming, and other related industries
- Press membership application – Applications closed on Oct 31 – Press badges for applying and qualifying venues
- Partner Tables – Applications closed on Sep 24 – Low- or no-cost option for cultural groups, fan groups, conventions and events, and local organizations
- Sponsorship options
Donating to our Charities
- Food Drive and our other charity events – "Feed Your Waifu / Husbando"
- Silent Charity Auction and Art Show
- Art Show registration
Volunteering and Joining Staff
Kumoricon is an organization designed, staffed, and held together by volunteers. Everyone who puts their time and effort into the production of this convention is a volunteer—from the board of directors and executive staff of Altonimbus Entertainment (our corporate name and the company that presents Kumoricon), to the people who come to the convention every year and help out with line control or helping attendees check in.
Joining staff: Within Kumoricon, when we say "staff", what we mean is somebody who takes on a position with a title, is a voting member of Altonimbus Entertainment, and has the right to vote at membership meetings. By working the convention to fulfill all the requirements of a certain position, they receive access to the convention, a Kumoricon staff T-shirt, many other fun opportunites, as well as the benefit of being a part of an incredibly loving team of anime fans dedicated to putting on a great show!
Volunteering: There are a lot of people within our community who, while loving our convention and wanting to get involved, simply do not have the time to donate or the energy to be a full-on staffer. There are also people who love the convention intensely, but have no desire to be a part of the overall corporation/organization that makes the convention run. They may not have personal opinions about the day-to-day runnings of the convention before and after it takes place and so they don't feel the drive to become a member. And that is A-OK! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and watch this space for more expanded volunteering information.
For staff and volunteers, we can assist with college work experience programs and signing for volunteer hours.
- Open staff positions – Browse the entire convention org chart
- Staff application – Start here to help choose a position or apply if you've already selected one
- Membership meetings – Open to the public; meeting schedule and minutes for previous meetings
- Staff registration – Further details about what it means to staff and how the registration process works
- Staff membership policies – Code of conduct, staff contract, and policies on harassment, conflict of interest, and handling disputes
- Staff website – Log in if you are current fully registered staff
Attending the Convention
- Pre-register online – Full weekend and VIP memberships available online through Oct 30 (deadline extended!); after that date, you can register at the door
- Educational group discounted membership – Applications closed Oct 2
- Book your hotel – Official deadline was Oct 12 (discounted rooms may sometimes remain available past deadline)