Contest and Competition Entry Forms
Currently open for entries:
- Fan Art Contest – Entries are open through Nov 11
- Gunpla Model Showcase – Acceping entries at-con
Contests that have concluded entries for 2022:
- AMV Contest – Entries closed Aug 31
- Cosplay Chess – Entries closed Oct 29
- Cosplay Contest – Entries closed Oct 28
- Cosplay Lip Sync Showdown – Entries closed Sep 30
- Fan Fiction Contest – Entries closed Nov 4 (Oct 21 for novel entries)
- Fandom Fashion Fusion – Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this event has been cancelled.
- Karaoke Contest – Online entries closed Oct 31
- Mascot Contest – Entries closed Sep 11
Contest entry galleries and winners from earlier years:
- DigiKumo 2020 contest winners
- AMV Contest winners 2005–2021
- Mascot Contest entry galleries 2006–2022
- Program book and pocket guide contest entry galleries 2006–2011
- Art Poster Contest 2021 entry gallery
Event Sign-Ups and Rules
- Art Show – Applications closed Oct 28
- Autographs – Our updated autograph processes. We are using a hybrid system. Some guests will have paid autographs and other guests will have free autographs.
- Escape room – Sign-up will be available at the convention
- Event Reservations – Some at-con events may require no-cost, at-con reserservations using a text message system.
- Ghost Neko's Purranormal Maid Café – Pre-purchase your seat reservation through Nov 9
- KumoriBall: Heroes and Villains – Formal dress code is required – Song requests closed Nov 4
- Panel: Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz – Complete and turn in at or before November 12 at 12:00 noon.
- Photoshoot listing and sign-up – Our photoshoot submission form is currently offline, but you can announce your photoshoot in our Facebook group.
Presenting a Panel
- Panel application – Applications closed Aug 19
- Artist Alley – Applications closed on Apr 24 – Welcomes amateur and professional artists to showcase their work and original merchandise; traditionally favors fan art prints, manga, models, paintings, and novelty crafts, but is limited only by your imagination
- Exhibitor Area – Applications closed on Sep 7 – Space for retailers and other dealers selling a wide range of goods at the convention
- Small Press – Applications closed on May 7 – Welcomes freelance artists and creators; independently-developed artist businesses featuring original content (no fan art), often focusing on fashion apparel, tabletop games, webcomes, plushies, and much more
Industry and Press
- Industry membership application – Online applications closed Sep 30 – Industry badges for professionals in the anime, manga, gaming, and other related industries
- Press membership application – Online applications closed Oct 31 – Press badges for applying and qualifying venues
- Partner Tables – Applications closed Oct 14 – Low- or no-cost option for cultural groups, fan groups, conventions and events, and local organizations
- Sponsorship options
Donating to our Charities
- Art Show – Applications closed Oct 28
- Charity Auction – Accepting donations for auction in advance or at the convention
- Charity donations – Accepting monetary donations at the convention
- Food Drive
- Photobooth – Available at the convention at no cost, accepting donations benefiting our charities
- Cosplay Frames – Image templates to show off your cosplay plans
- Facebook group
Volunteering and Joining Staff
Kumoricon is an organization designed, staffed, and held together by volunteers. Everyone who puts their time and effort into the production of this convention is a volunteer—from the board of directors and executive staff of Altonimbus Entertainment (our corporate name and the company that presents Kumoricon), to the people who come to the convention every year and help out with line control or helping attendees check in.
Joining staff: Within Kumoricon, when we say "staff", what we mean is somebody who takes on a position with a title, is a voting member of Altonimbus Entertainment, and has the right to vote at membership meetings. By working the convention to fulfill all the requirements of a certain position, they receive access to the convention, a Kumoricon staff T-shirt, many other fun opportunites, as well as the benefit of being a part of an incredibly loving team of anime fans dedicated to putting on a great show!
Volunteering: There are a lot of people within our community who, while loving our convention and wanting to get involved, simply do not have the time to donate or the energy to be a full-on staffer. There are also people who love the convention intensely, but have no desire to be a part of the overall corporation/organization that makes the convention run. They may not have personal opinions about the day-to-day runnings of the convention before and after it takes place and so they don't feel the drive to become a member. And that is A-OK! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and watch this space for more expanded volunteering information.
For staff and volunteers, we can assist with college work experience programs and signing for volunteer hours.
- Open staff positions – Browse the entire convention org chart
- Staff application – Start here to help choose a position or apply if you've already selected one
- Membership meetings – Open to the public; meeting schedule and minutes for previous meetings
- Staff registration – Further details about what it means to staff and how the registration process works
- Staff membership policies – Code of conduct, staff contract, and policies on harassment, conflict of interest, and handling disputes
- Staff website – Log in if you are current fully registered staff
Attending the Convention
- Pre-register online – Full weekend and VIP memberships available online through Nov 5; after that date, you can register at the door
- Educational group discounted membership – Apply through Oct 1
- Book your hotel – Officially open through Oct 19 – Rooms sometimes available after this date