Fan Art Contest
- Entries must be traditional art (drawings, painting, digital art, collage, and sculpture); no photo manipulation or photography. Scans, photos of traditional art, and digital submissions will be accepted online.
- Works either need to be of anime/manga style or works based upon anime, manga, or Asian culture/pop culture.
- Original characters are allowed, but must be drawn in a manga/anime style.
- The person submitting the piece must be the person who created the piece. No tracing or recoloring of another person's art.
- Please keep the art appropriate for all ages.
- Entries previously entered in any Kumoricon Fan Art Contests are not eligible.
- Only completed works are allowed to be entered. Sketches are allowed as long as they are refined.
Entries will be judged in the following categories:
- Black and White
- Best use of traditional medias
- Best use of digital medias
- Oekaki (digitally created art)
- Best Composition
- Best Fan Art
- Best Original Character
- Judges' Choice
Judges reserve the right to combine or create more categories as they see fit, depending on number of entries received.
Entrants must be present at the Fan Art Contest Critique and Awards panel to win. The date, time, and room for this panel will be posted in the official event schedule closer to the convention.
Winners will be announced during Closing Ceremonies.
- Hard copies will be accepted at the convention at the Programming Office.
- Originals or copies will be accepted at Kumoricon.
- The best care will be taken of your art, but Kumoricon is not responsible if damage happens while judging.
- Entrants must be present at Kumoricon 2017 to win.
Use the form below to submit digital art files. Please make a separate submission for each entry.
Entries submitted at con will also need the following information submitted on an ID tag (which will be supplied by the con):
- Your real name
- Your online handle (optional)
- Your email address
- The title of your entry(s)
- The title(s) of the Japanese anime/manga/etc. your entry is based on (if applicable)
Each entry must have its own ID tag.
Entries submitted before the con will be taken until 11:59pm October 14th.
Entries submitted at the con will be taken until midnight October 28th (Saturday).
Please email email@example.com for any questions.