Fan Art Contest
Entry galleries for previous contests
- Entries must be traditional art (drawings, painting, digital art, collage, and sculpture); no photo manipulation or photography. Scans, photos of traditional art, and digital submissions will be accepted online.
- Works either need to be of anime/manga style or works based upon anime, manga, or Asian culture/pop culture.
- Original characters are allowed, but must be drawn in a manga/anime style.
- The person submitting the piece must be the person who created the piece. No tracing or recoloring of another person's art.
- Please keep the art appropriate for the selected age rating.
- Entries previously entered in any Kumoricon Fan Art Contests are not eligible.
- Only completed works are allowed to be entered. Sketches are allowed as long as they are refined.
These are the starting categories. Depending on the number of enries received, the judges reserve the right to combine or create other categories as they see fit. (Just because you are the only one submitting in a category does not mean you win by default.)
- Black and White
- Best use of traditional medias
- Best use of digital medias
- Oekaki (digitally created art)
- Best Composition
- Best Fan Art
- Best Original Character
- Judges' Choice
- All entries, either online or in-person, must be received by 11:59pm on Saturday, November 6.
- Hard copies will be accepted at the convention at the Programming Office. The best care will be taken of your art, but Kumoricon is not responsible if damage or loss happens while judging.
- Entrants must be present at the Fan Art Contest Critique and Awards panel to win. The date, time, and room for this panel will be posted in the official event schedule once it is released. Winners will also be announced during Closing Ceremonies.
Use the form below to submit digital files. Please make a separate submission for each entry.
Entries submitted at con will also need the following information submitted:
- Your preferred name
- Your pronouns
- Your pen name (optional)
- Social media tag (limit one, optional)
- Your email address
- The title of your entry
- The age rating of your entry
- A brief summary of your entry, and a link to a wiki or information about the source
- The title(s) of the Japanese anime/manga/etc. franchise your entry is based on (if any)
- Which categories (up to two) that you wish to submit your entry under
Please email email@example.com for any questions.