Cosplay Lingerie Show
Let's spice things up with the Cosplay Lingerie Show! Come and strut your stuff down the runway in this show! All shapes, sizes, and body types are welcome!
How to participate
The participants in the Cosplay Lingerie Show are chosen from among the convention attendees. If you are interested in participating, you must submit an application, along with an image of your costume. Registration for Cosplay Lingerie Show is not first-come, first-served; participants will be selected based on the quality of the costumes, as well as how applicable to the character they are. Be certain to read the Cosplay Lingerie Show rules before you submit your application.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- All participants must read and agree to follow all rules of the Cosplay Lingerie Show.
- By applying for the Cosplay Lingerie Show, all participants agree to allow Kumoricon to use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video—both those submitted in the application, and those taken by us.
- All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Cosplay Lingerie Show. Anyone breaking Kumoricon rules will be removed and reported to Operations or Yojimbo.
- Kumoricon staff may participate in the Cosplay Lingerie Show as long as staff-related responsibilities are fulfilled.
How to apply
- Applications will open August 6, 2023.
- To apply, fill out the application form on this page, once applications open.
- The deadline for online application forms is October 28, 2023, at 11:59pm Pacific Time. At-convention entries may be available should open slots remain.
- The total number of entries that will be allowed will be 30 models.
- Applications must include photos of your outfit.
- Applications will be notified within a week of the application deadline. Any entrants not chosen for the show will be put on a waitlist.
- Participants are required to attend the Check-In and Rehearsal and to show up at the requested time for the show itself. Participants who miss any of these events may be disqualified. This applies to those wait-listed as well up until check-in. Please see the official Kumoricon schedule (once released) for times and locations of required meetings and activities.
Content and performance rules
- This is an age 18+ event. Content is allowed to be more suggestive, but still has the following limits that are stricter than some convention 18+ programming:
- Offensive language of any kind is not allowed—no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc.
- No excessive violence.
- No sexual activity or contact—real or implied.
- No nudity—all costumes must adhere to the following coverage rules for this event:
- These rules are gender-neutral.
- 100% groin coverage
- 50% butt coverage—cheeks allowed
- 30% breast coverage
- 100% nipple coverage
- Bare back is ok.
- These rules are more permissive than the general convention code of conduct. Performers must adhere to the general convention code of conduct when not inside the event.
- If you have a question about your content, please feel free to ask the Cosplay Lingerie Staff if it is allowable.
- You may surprise the audience, but never surprise the crew.
- No fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases, or liquids.
- No messy substances—wet, dry, or oily—in the green room or on stage.
- No jumping on or off stage—please use the officially designated stage entrances and exits.
- Any props/scenic elements that are larger than handheld need to be submitted to the Cosplay Lingerie Show for approval. (Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Participants must abide by the convention weapons policies. Pointing weapons at anyone not in your cosplay group will not be tolerated. The Cosplay Lingerie Show Coordinator must approve any actions involving weapons.
- Participants may not use stage time to make political, religious, insulting, or other demonstrations not related to their performance.
- Participants who violate any of our performance rules may have their performance stopped and may be disqualified.
- Decisions made by the Coordinator(s) may only be challenged if brought to the Director of Programming.
- You must have some kind of foot covering. Shoes or boots are required. Be aware of safety concerns. If your character does not wear shoes the lack of accuracy will be forgiven; consider flesh-toned or clear shoes.
- All health and safety rules established by Kumoricon or the convention center will be upheld.
- Costumes do not have to be self-made.
- Participants must provide their own music.
- File uploads are preferred for online entries.
- We can accept MP3, M4A, and other common file types. We strongly prefer 128kbps or higher.
- We will not play or rip music off portable MP3 players, such as iPods or cell phones.
- Leave the stage as clean as it was when you set foot on it. Arrange to remove all items you brought on stage at the end of your presentation. If you have a particularly intricate presentation, we recommend you recruit your own stage ninjas.
- Don't plan for complex lighting. The default lighting cue is: lights go up, music starts, you come on at stage right, you leave on stage left, music stops, lights go down.