Art Show Rules for Bidders
- Friday, October 26, 2018: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Saturday, October 27, 2018: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Sunday, October 28, 2018: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Closeout is between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Sunday.
Attendees are not allowed in the Art Show before opening or after closing.
No cameras of any sort are allowed in the Art Show, except for supervised press or staff. If you are found taking video or photos of artwork, you will be asked to leave.
We are pleased to offer a charity option for a second year. Certain art pieces are designated as having profits from the purchase of that art piece contributed to Kumoricon's charity beneficiaries. For Kumoricon 2018, our chosen charities are OHSU's Doernbecher Children's Hospital and The Greeney Family Fund for Japanese Track Scholarships at The International School. Look for this designation when you bid.
All artwork will be displayed with an art tag listing the title, lot number, and the type of media, which is signed by the artist on the back. A bid sheet listing the lot number and minimum starting bid price (determined at the artist's discretion) will also be included.
- Place a bid – An attendee can place a bid on an item by entering their bid and badge number on the bid sheet. All bids must be in whole dollar increments, and must not be less than the minimum bid price set by the artist.
- Winning an item – The last bid must be completed by 2:00pm on Sunday.
Please write legibly, and use your full name so we can contact you, if necessary.
In the event of dispute over payment, the art tag will act as a receipt.
- 2:00pm-4:00pm – Highest bidders can claim and purchase the item.
If the bidder does not pick up the artwork, they will be noted in our database as a Delinquent Bidder, and may incur the fee of shipping the artist's artwork the following year when registering for Kumoricon.
Credit: Rules derived from Anime Boston Art Show rules.