Art Show Rules for Bidders
- Friday, October 27: 11:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday, October 28: 10:00am-6:00pm
- Sunday, October 29: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Closeout is between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Sunday.
Attendees are not allowed in the Art Show before opening or after closing.
No cameras of any sort are allowed in the Art Show, except for supervised press or staff. If you are found taking video or photos of artwork, you will be asked to leave.
All artwork will be displayed with an art tag listing the title, lot number, and the type of media, which is signed by the artist on the back. A bid sheet listing the lot number, minimum starting bid, and a "Buy it Now" price (each determined at the artist's discretion) will also be included.
- Buy it Now – As long as the highest bid is lower than the Buy it Now price, a bidder may opt to purchase the item. Once purchased, you and a staff member will sign the art tag, pay immediately, and the art will become available for pickup starting Sunday 2:00pm.
- Place a bid – An attendee can place a bid on an item by entering their bid and badge number on the bid sheet. All bids must be in whole dollar increments, and must be greater than the minimum bid price set by the artist.
- Winning an item – The last bid must be completed by 2:00pm on Sunday.
Please write legibly, and use your full name so we can contact you, if necessary.
In the event of dispute over payment, the art tag will act as a receipt.
- 2:00pm-3:00 pm – Highest bidders can claim and purchase the item.
- 3:00pm-4:00 pm – Remaining art pieces will be priced at the "Buy it Now" price or the highest bid, whichever is lower. The first person to agree to this price can purchase the item.
If the bidder does not pick up the artwork, they will be noted in our database as a Delinquent Bidder, and may incur the fee of shipping the artist's artwork the following year when registering for Kumoricon.
Credit: Rules derived from Anime Boston Art Show rules.