We now have seven categories for the 2017 contest:
- Upbeat / Dance Music: We're looking for fast-paced fun.
- Intensity: Action, suspense, conflict, triumph, and despair!
- Comedy / Parody: Weird. Funny? Surprising!
- Commercials / Trailers: Short, sweet and to the point!
- Fan Fiction: Rewrite the anime. Make your wildest dreams come true!
- Guilty Pleasures: Delightfully annoying and cringey. Take the worst of pop culture and make it great.
- Drama / Sentiments: Give the audience the feels!
Content is PG-13.
We try to run a clean show. This includes no themes likely to insult or disparage by race, social class, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexuality—because that's no fun for anybody.
- Anime: are Japanese animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation (Video game footage is not anime).
- You may include no more than 10% (of total duration) of non-anime (as defined above) video.
- TV station logos ("bugs") and other commercial indices must be obscured or removed.
- Bumpers for non-commercial indices such as studio names, creator names, and promotions for other AMV contests and AMV download sites are permissible.
- Parody uses of commercial logos are acceptable.
- No source subtitles allowed. Intentionally added subtitles are ok.
- No more than 4 entries per person, with no more than 1 entry per Category.
- Maximum file size: 330MB.
- Maximum duration: 5:00 minutes.
To submit, you must upload your file within the submission form.
Acceptable file formats are: avi, mpg, mp4, and mkv. Do not send mov, rm, or wmv files. Physical media (such as by mail) is not accepted at this contest.
By submitting an AMV, you grant Kumoricon and the Kumoricon coordinators unconditional permission to use, copy, share and show that AMV.
Entries must be submitted by 4:30pm Pacific Daylight Time (UTC 23:30) on 01-September-2017.
A panel of judges will convene to review all entries and select up to six AMVs per category. The judges' decisions on the playlist is final.
All entries must have premiered or been created no earlier than January 1, 2015.
Entries that have been finalists in previous Kumoricon contests are excluded from the 2017 contest.
- Each category will win one prize chosen by audience voting.
- The audience will also choose a Best of Show winner.
- The judges may make a Judges' Choice award, Technical Effects award, and the coordinators may award an Honorable Mention.
Therefore, between seven and ten prizes shall be awarded for 2017.
A prize is usually an anime DVD or Blu-Ray, a manga or art book.
Email questions to: email@example.com.