Changes to Artist Alley at Kumoricon 2015
Posted March 10, 2015
Hello, enthusiastic artists!
Significant changes are coming to the Kumoricon 2015 Artist Alley, and we'd like to go over some of those changes before we open applications for this year.
First, we have heard your suggestions, and Artist Alley is moving out of the garage. That being said, Centennial Center is in the process of being torn down, losing almost a quarter of the space Kumoricon has depended on as we have grown. This has presented both new challenges and opportunities.
Next year's Artist Alley will be outdoors, in (somewhat fittingly) the alley between the Hilton and City Hall. Here is what that means to you, the artists:
- The Alley will be covered. We will have tents covering the individual tables. Nonetheless, there is the possibility for wind and other elements. Please take this into consideration when planning your set-up.
- Because the Alley is outside, artists will have to break down after closing, and set back up, every day. This is different than previous years, but is the best solution we can think of to keep costs down, as well as minimize the possibility of theft.
- The convention will not be offering Internet access this year. Since signal from most wireless carriers is solid in the new location, we're hoping this won't be a problem.
- If there is enough of a request for it, the convention's decorator will supply power, for an additional charge.
- Since Artist Alley is outside, we are making it open to the public, so you won't be limited to just attendees with badges.
- Also due to being outside, we aren't restricting the hours Artist Alley operates, so you can stay open as late, and start as early, as you feel.
- Similar to previous years, we will be offering both full and half tables. Full tables will be $150, and half tables, $75. Each full table will come with two memberships (badges) to the convention; each half comes with one. One additional membership (per artist) can be purchased at the current convention rate.
- Artist Alley applications will open Wednesday, April 1, at 6:00 PM PDT, and will close on Friday, April 10, at 11:59 PM PDT. The application link will be posted on the Artist Alley page when applications open.
- Applications are not first-come, first-served. Applications received by the deadline will be chosen without regard to when they were submitted.
We look forward to seeing you, and your art, at Kumoricon 2015!