Author Topic: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?  (Read 59082 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:57 am »
Yeah I get annoyed at little thing. When people chew loud, or text during class....actually the chewing is any time x.x

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
heres somthing that bugs me at work but when i think about it, it stands for cons too
the rummor mill
like you mention somthing to a friend and they say somthing to some one else and then it gets to the wrong person who then hates you
somthing like this is going on at my work
it is not plesant
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2009, 11:31:15 am »
Yeah that must suck. I try not to tell people things that could hurt others at a con for that reason.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:54 pm »
i hate it when ppl tell you "your costume sucks" to your face. like even though its not as good, just don't say that cuz its rude. never happened to me, but i seen it happened, it was phucked up.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2009, 04:31:53 pm »
That is quite rude. I sadly could end up thinking that but I keep my thoughts to myself.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2009, 04:57:20 pm »
That's horrible. I even see people who pick on those who have a really good outfit, but just don't have the perfect body like the character they're cosplaying.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2009, 06:02:04 pm »
oh yeah, I am very VERY self consious of my body, and I know how bad it would hurt to be made fun of in that department so when it comes to other people I keep my mouth shut.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #207 on: June 07, 2009, 06:41:22 pm »
I feel you. I'm trying to lose weight before the con so I don't have to be criticized by the way I look.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2009, 07:05:01 pm »
ya i'm self concious about myslf too so i dont say anything to anybody thats bad, its horrible. i remember this guy compared his costume to mine and said his was better but i was a female ash, not guy lol. but ya. its horrible.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:59 pm »
I'm a little self conscious but I am working on getting rid of that. All it takes is a little hard work to lose that few extra pounds.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:20 pm »
lol yup so next year is going to be the best cuz were gonna have groups and hopefull we dont set off any pet peeves for anyone. hmm. but ya i dont really have any other pet peeves i think.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2009, 08:56:40 pm »
groups are a fantastic thing for cosplay, they make it much more fun.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2009, 02:26:35 am »
very true, its fun haveing people cosplay with you and walk around with you at con ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2009, 09:35:47 am »
Its not so much fun if your friends are in a group and you are not part of it...well you will still have fun but not as much if you were part of that group :P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:36:08 am by nikkiolie »

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2009, 05:42:28 pm »
Its not so much fun if your friends are in a group and you are not part of it...well you will still have fun but not as much if you were part of that group :P
THIS.

Also, has anyone mentioned rude photographers taking pictures without asking? I had this one large camera shoved in front of my friends and I last kumoricon. The flash was so bright we were seeing spots for a good while afterward.
He took about three fast photos, but he should have asked =/
It's just common courtesy.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:29 pm »
I would have smacked him lol but out of pure suprise reaction .... mostly XD

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2009, 08:01:11 pm »
He zipped right in front of us, took three photos, and zipped out so fast that we were still blinded by the flash. The only thing I managed to do was call him a certain name or two as I rubbed my eyes XD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2009, 10:25:20 am »
Yeah I can see where that would be annoying. I don't have a problem with asking people to delete photos if I look bad, I'll take another one for them but I would ask them to get rid of the bad one.

Offline WhiteRoseMarie

• Cabbit
    • My Art
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2009, 06:14:28 pm »
I have two peeves that are a bit connected. Mainly because I don't try to start anything and just kinda let things slide but these two things kinda annoy me:

1) Random people coming up and kinda being rude. This happened at one con I went to and it made my whole day kinda bad. Some guy walked up to me and my friend and kept insisting that she was too skinny and should eat and yeah...It was scary. But there were a few people who remarked the same thing and I'm hoping this doesn't happen at K-con.

2) Feeling strange when I go to compliment someone on their cosplay and ask politely for a picture. o.O; Just say no if you don't want one.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2009, 11:26:08 pm »
I have two peeves that are a bit connected. Mainly because I don't try to start anything and just kinda let things slide but these two things kinda annoy me:

1) Random people coming up and kinda being rude. This happened at one con I went to and it made my whole day kinda bad. Some guy walked up to me and my friend and kept insisting that she was too skinny and should eat and yeah...It was scary. But there were a few people who remarked the same thing and I'm hoping this doesn't happen at K-con.

2) Feeling strange when I go to compliment someone on their cosplay and ask politely for a picture. o.O; Just say no if you don't want one.

Those both sound like terrible exceptions. In my experience at Kumoricon, I don't think you really have anything to worry about. Jerks and creepers are everywhere, but for the most part, you'll just find people happy and willing to share that happiness with you at Kumoricon. Most cosplayers love having their picture taken and, speaking for myself, I'd never rudely/awkwardly deny it to someone asking politely.

No worries! ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline WhiteRoseMarie

• Cabbit
    • My Art
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2009, 01:46:45 pm »
Haha. It was just really all out an awkward con for me that time. Anytime I get excited I'm a bit of a shy spazz...so I don't know if it was just they thought I was being polite but was scared of me or something o.O; And I don't know about that creeper who started bothering my friend x.x It lasted for ever though and we ended up missing a panel because of it. lol.

But I'm glad that you've set me to ease. I'm really nervous to go to a con because of my past experiance and because I'm new to K-con xD

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2009, 02:29:33 pm »
For me sometimes I get my picture taken with out being asked so I turn around and take a picture of them without asking it's like thay say "Someone takes a pic of you with out asking, know what you do? Take one of them without asking"
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline CC3

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2009, 07:37:04 pm »
hmm my pet peeves

I really hate it when people touch/hug people without permission. In my first con somebody from the same series I was cosplaying came up and hugged me very suddenly (they were also a LOT older) so needless to say I was a bit freaked out. It's fine if you ask or are leaving after having a conversation or something but a lot of convention go-ers are shy (I am) and also pretty young.

Another (which I'm sure has been mentioned) is half-hearted or lazy costumes. While I'm not AS passionate as some people about anime (I still really like it a lot though) I do love making costumes and putting things together. So it does make me a bit sad when I see something that was clearly just thrown together. I do understand that a lot of people aren't sure that they'll becoming until the last minute but I've seen some that are just plain embarrassing.

Offline Hisaiume

• Cabbit
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2009, 04:52:28 am »
My biggest pet peeve about people taking photos of cosplayers. It isn't the ones who ask but the ones who sneak in unprepared to take a quick photo. My friends and I love to cosplay as a group but it gets tiring holding a pose when the person who asked already has their pictures but now there's five to ten other people in the process of taking out their cameras to now take a picture.
I love posing for pictures that's one big part of cosplaying for me, but I can't be a statue forever smiling. If your camera's already out go take a picture while I'm posing for the one who asked I don't mind, but if for some silly reason you have your camera lost in the bottom of your Mary Poppins bag then please just catch us another time.
Some of the best cosplay photos I've gotten were actually of some tired people just chilling against the wall relaxing but it tootally fit with their characters.

Oh another peeve...is the tentacle monsters...this mainly came from Sakura Con (if you've been to their dating game you know what I'm talking about) but people dressed as those creepy or cheesy things even if you don't touch me don't go waving your little tentacles near me. Please only do it to those who first flirt with you...don't let innocents be your victims. *shudder*

Must add my best solution to not liking getting hugs...I dressed up as a moogle at Sakura Con 08 with a biiiig poofy red ball and had another friend of mine cosplay a moogle too but hers was more cuddly. So when people asked if they could hug me I'd point to her and they'd go and hug her! Hehe! Of course it all backfired me when I went to Kumoricon last year for the first time. I was the moogle for the whole time and had to take the hugs. Btw I was the moogle in the dating game that year and my sis was the chocobo that ended up with the zombie!

This reminds me of another pet peeve, people trying to swat at my moogle ball without permission! It was sturdy but they were lucky it was. I mean it is a biiig red ball so it's like asking someone to resist pushing a big red button but some restraint is always required when attending a con. Those who asked I let gently touch it.
Saturday: Blush 100%
Sunday: Toad 95%
Monday: Moogle 60%

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:02 am »
Hello everyone this is Animeman73 here  :). I've heard many people have pet peeves about those who take pictures of others without asking. Believe me, one of my pet peeves is seeing people who lack in manners or tact. My Taekwondo experiences and my parents I'm proud to say have taught me the value of courtesy. That's why when I took pictures at last year's convention I always approached my subjects and politely asked them beforehand. Manners are everything and all the shots I took were in good taste, just as all the shots I plan to take this year will be put on my blog and done in good taste.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2009, 03:32:35 am »
My number one petpeeve is people who think only skinny people can cosplay. This annoys the heck out of me because larger people are just as beautiful. There might be a few larger people's cosplays that don't look to great  but please do not hate it just because they are larger.  >:( People making fun of bigger cosplayers are low and must feel horrible about themselves to make themselves feel better if they have to make fun of larger cosplayers.
I'm a larger cosplay and it would feel nice to know people can actually behave like adults.  :)
A picture of me as Toshiya
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/Isa-cody/ToshiyaCosplayKumori06053.jpg

Another thing is, there have been a few rude people at cons. Come on people, you don't have to act rudely to look cool when showing off with your friends, grow up.  ::)

I've also noticed people wipping out there cameras without asking and the poor cosplayers have to stand there for a long time. There's 3 days of fun, I'm sure you'll see them again.  ;)

Offline Hisaiume

• Cabbit
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2009, 05:17:18 pm »
My number one petpeeve is people who think only skinny people can cosplay. This annoys the heck out of me because larger people are just as beautiful. There might be a few larger people's cosplays that don't look to great  but please do not hate it just because they are larger.  >:( People making fun of bigger cosplayers are low and must feel horrible about themselves to make themselves feel better if they have to make fun of larger cosplayers.
I'm a larger cosplay and it would feel nice to know people can actually behave like adults.  :)

Another thing is, there have been a few rude people at cons. Come on people, you don't have to act rudely to look cool when showing off with your friends, grow up.  ::)

I've also noticed people wipping out there cameras without asking and the poor cosplayers have to stand there for a long time. There's 3 days of fun, I'm sure you'll see them again.  ;)

Beautiful cosplay by the way!

Cosplay doesn't depend on size it depends on accentuating your own form! That's why it's for everyone. Even someone who is a stick can do it wrong and make a costume too tight, too baggy, or have too much skin showing in all the wrong places in all the wrong ways. I've done it to myself at times and I use my friends to help me gauge where a costume is going as I'm working on it. When a cosplay is done right it's right but when it's done wrong there will always be another con and friends hopefully to help you with the next costume creation. We get better with each costume we make.
Saturday: Blush 100%
Sunday: Toad 95%
Monday: Moogle 60%

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2009, 10:29:43 pm »
Whoa, lots of peeves on this topic x3 As for myself I have a few that I do not particularly like. So, lets see how long my list of peeves turns into...

1. I do not like poorly constructed costumes. IE half assed ones. For me at least, I take pride in making my costume, and trying to be as accurate as I can be to the character I am going to portray. I stop at no lengths to try and make it as perfect as I can, and even then I usually have things I can improve on for the next time I wear a costume. Wigs are a big thing, and since I normally have butt length brown straight hair, I have to buy wigs for my characters. There was only one character I have worn that had that long of hair, but since my hair was not enough for it, I had to have a wig anyways to help make my hair look fuller for the cosplay. (charlotte) I find it annoying that some people have cosplays without wigs that match the character, and either do not put their hair up at all or do, but it is the wrong color/length/look etc. I can understand that funds would be an issue, or the lack of being able to style a wig that would be either very complicated for a beginner wig styler or waaaay to expensive for a professional to make, but it only goes so far... Even if you cannot make the costume, at least buy one that resembles it more. It may be cheaper, but cheaper does NOT always mean better. The picture could be inaccurate, etc. So one thing is do a lot of research into your cosplay, and find people that do make it that make it WELL. Sure it might cost more, but it might avoid some unwanted issues, IE people making fun of your cosplay.

2. The creepers, stalkers, clingers, and etc. I do not like random people hugging on me, touching me, or standing to close to me when they KNOW what they are doing WHEN THEY DO NOT ASK POLITELY (about the first two). I love giving hugs out to people who are kind and ask politely, because I am just a lovable person like that, but its when they wont let go, or are grabbing me without asking that makes me want to bite their head off. x__x If I know you for a long time, then its not so bad, but when some guy way older than me wants a hug and looks like he would be a creeper about it, then its not fun for me and makes me very uncomfortable. This also goes with people trying to date at a convention. Yes, we have common interests, but that does NOT mean I am looking for a potential relationship with someone I have not ever MET before. It happened to my friend one time, during K-con's 2007 Masquerade Ball. This guy was talking all nice to my friend, flirting nicely, until he insinuated that he wanted to go back to our hotel room. NOT COOL. We did not go to a Masqerade Ball for a one night stand D<. That was one of the worse things that happened. If we say no to a hug, or any kind of touching we feel uncomfortable with, that means NO. Period.

3. Completely rude/elitist cosplayers. It has been said before in this forum about them, but I figured I wanted to throw in my two cents with this as well. Generally, we understand that there are some cosplayers out there who are unbelievable good (nikkiolie >w< ), and while a good portion of them are kind and nice when you talk to them, there are some that are just down right snobs. I fortunately have never had the chance of running into them, but some of my friends who cosplay have told me about them and it irks me terribly. Just because you look amazing in your cosplay, whether you made it or not, does NOT give you the right to be rude to others. Its that kind of selfish, rude behavior that gives some con goers the nerves to speaking to cosplayers who they think are amazing. It gives you the thoughts like "Are they going to be rude to me?" or "I really want their picture, but I am afraid that they will be mean to me for it." or even "We are cosplaying the same character, but hers/his looks so good. Will they nit pick mine?" etc etc. Some people pour their heart and soul into a cosplay, and even if it isn't perfect, they love it and should be given the credit for it. Just because you (elitist mean cosplayer) bought yours and look amazing does not mean you can rub it into others faces.

4. Convention space. It may look huge with no one in the hallways, but it gets JAM PACKED during convention hours. I explicitly hate it when people stand in groups in narrow hallways and do not let others pass. Its even against the convention rules, but people do it anyways. People crowded into such small spaces makes for others stepping on cosplays, breaking props, ruining pieces etc. I have had my dresses stepped on countless times, and even with my dress getting dirty afterwards, there are some people who do not even say they are sorry! People should be considerate when seeing someone with a rather large dress, etc. in the hallways and should be wary of stepping on costumes. They rip, they get dirty, and it even leads to crying at some times. I know my Serenity dress has large wings on her back, so I am going to be careful this year and stay out of crowded hallways, but even then people bump into them and bend them without saying excuse me or sorry. It happened at Anime Expo this year, and it made me thoroughly peeved. Its called being polite with manners. -_-;

5. Last but not least, people who do not be quiet during panels, contest, etc. I want to hear what they are saying, not what you are saying. I have sat in audiences where people were constantly chatting, or yelling and screaming when their favorite character comes on stage. Its nice to let everyone else know you love them, but when they are speaking, please be quiet. I want to hear the skirt, I want to laugh too, and its no fun if I don't understand what is going on. Its common courtesy to keep your mouth shut when someone is speaking on the stage to you. Be nice and listen, clap or cheer when something good happens, but do it at a reasonable level for everyone else's sake. ._. Also, I do not like it when people stand up in front of me when I am sitting down. Yes, they have a good view, but then mine is blocked and I have to be the meanie to tell the person to sit down so the rest of us can see. Then arguments ensue, and its just no fair.

These are just a few of my pet peeves, but overall I love conventions and enjoy going to each one I attend. ^-^ I swear I am not a meanie either ._. I just have been brought up a certain way that I feel wronged when people do not respect others...
Well, my rant seems to be very long o_o Sorry about that everyone ^^;
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:36:29 pm by CharlotteElbourne »

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2009, 11:23:38 pm »

Beautiful cosplay by the way!

Cosplay doesn't depend on size it depends on accentuating your own form! That's why it's for everyone. Even someone who is a stick can do it wrong and make a costume too tight, too baggy, or have too much skin showing in all the wrong places in all the wrong ways. I've done it to myself at times and I use my friends to help me gauge where a costume is going as I'm working on it. When a cosplay is done right it's right but when it's done wrong there will always be another con and friends hopefully to help you with the next costume creation. We get better with each costume we make.

Thank you! It took a while to make it and yes, that was my real hair! I loved my hair like that. XD

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2009, 11:38:10 pm »
When girls who crossplay don't bind. x_x No, really, I know you don't think it's noticeable, but it is. Trust me.

Also, people who are really loud and disrespectful. It's annoying. Dx People who Just Didn't Care fall under my "Ew" catagory, as well.

I think people should choose flattering cosplays, too.

I can't remember if I've posted in here before, though. ^^;;
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2009, 12:17:53 am »
Oh wow, SO MANNY YES'S TO THE CROWDED HALLWAYS! Wearing Garnet last year was horrible in the hallways. I wanted to walk without the dress gathered up and held in my arms(it has about a two and a half foot train, give or take) so I could carry other things easily, like my Staff or bags. But everytime I let it drop, someone stepped on it. I need to rehem and wash the fragile fabric of the skirt now because of it. I also couldn't even sit down with my dress down; sometimes people stepped on it(or sat on it!) when sitting down next to me.

I can honestly say the only time I didn't want to worry about being stepped on was when the halls were clear and during the Cosplay Chess; there was enough room and all the pieces were still in their squares so I could let the skirt down. This year my Yuna train is about six feet or so and I have sewn in clasps so I can roll it up into the wing motif, but that means I'll need someone to help me take it down or up for pictures. ;.; There's also the wings; thank the gods they curl around her! Even the veil...

I'm going to die this year at con, aren't I? xD

Anyway, please be considerate of people in large cosplays; those of us who sewn them or bought them really, really don't want footprints on them >.<
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2009, 12:22:47 am »
I cant wait to see the yuna! I will want a picture for sure ! that sounds amazeing!!! And yeah the crowded hallway was very annoying >.<

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »
When girls who crossplay don't bind. x_x No, really, I know you don't think it's noticeable, but it is. Trust me.

I have to say something about this. With one of my crossplays, I had to bind, kinda hard to fully bind as going from a high DD to a flat chest is kind of hard, IMO, lol. Though I went to a B, not bad.  ;D
But I can understand people who don't even try, come on people, you can do it!  ;)

oslapedo

« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »
Haha, it is pretty weird seeing dudes with boobs.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2009, 11:11:34 pm »
People who hover around the front of event lines and then jump in front when we're forced to move against another wall.... -____-
Four hours in line, 3rd in line, after move= Became about the 15th in line.

Constant screaming during panels. Yes I get it, they are awesome, please let me hear them....

Random glompage and or/smaking into me in the hallway.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:17 pm »
The only thing that really annoys me is when people try to run panels when they have no idea what they're doing. The 4chan panel at Sakuracon year before last is the most excellent example of this. The person hosting it was an idiot, and had only ever browsed the cosplay board. It was basically "random people talking about random crap in an unamusing fashion." I think it got shut down after the porn showing, however, so that's a plus. At least there was an amazingly awesome unofficial panel going on at the same time (middle of the night)...
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2009, 09:14:40 am »
Along with the "crossplayers who don't bind," I'll go ahead and say cosplayers cosplaying characters with a smaller bust than them not binding. I do not have a particularly large bust, but even I strap 'em down for characters that are supposed to be flat.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2009, 03:52:55 am »
The only thing that really annoys me is when people try to run panels when they have no idea what they're doing. The 4chan panel at Sakuracon year before last is the most excellent example of this. The person hosting it was an idiot, and had only ever browsed the cosplay board. It was basically "random people talking about random crap in an unamusing fashion." I think it got shut down after the porn showing, however, so that's a plus. At least there was an amazingly awesome unofficial panel going on at the same time (middle of the night)...
you forgot to mention that the entire panel was sloshed!
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2009, 08:18:26 am »
Most that I've seen are pretty good, but I understand with this one.
Butbut, what if you're like me and can't get all the all the way flat? *coughcough* >> ;;
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
you forgot to mention that the entire panel was sloshed!
I had to look up the meaning of the term "sloshed." Hmm, I didn't really stick around long enough to realize that everyone was intoxicated, but it doesn't surprise me.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2009, 12:35:15 am »
My biggest pet peeve is the violation of the first CON-mandment

The 10 Con-Mandments
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11105.0

OMG Put some deodorant on!!!!!   >:(  :o   :-X

=^_^=

Offline Rexyisashark

• Cabbit
    • Rexyisashark's DeviantART.
« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2009, 11:21:34 pm »
- Lines.
I know there's not much you can do about it, but it still ticks me off a little.

- Ugly wigs.
I have seen so many this year where they put it over their hair and didn't tuck their hair all the way. Ew! And some weren't kept nice, either. Whenever I'm not wearing mine, I'm getting tangles out or putting it up high so it's not damaged.

- Not being able to find people.
I have a lot of friends I don't come with (that I meet there) and I can never find them.

- Bad maps.
We got lost looking for the food court. D: Info desk included.

- Some cosplayers.
I get really annoyed when people throw on an Akatsuki cloak and put their hair in a ponytail and go, "I'm Deidara!", even if they look nothing like him. This is the same for lots of Haruhi's and some other school girls. Wigs aren't that expensive, really.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:23:34 pm by Rexyisashark »
Sakura | Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles | 100%

Princess Fuse | Okami | 90%

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2009, 12:10:29 am »
My peeves-

Caremelldasen:

Not the song itself, but all the people doing the same dance over and over, and most probably don't even know the rest of it or the source of it. A lot of people think it's just flapping your hands at your head and moving your hips, but there are other moves to it! And no, not just stepping to the side like that one video! It bugs me when no one seems to know the source of the dance. It's the POPOTAN dance, someone just put it to that song and it stuck for some reason! And what most also don't realize is the dance comes from the opening of the Popotan hentai game!! D:< So they're all doing a hentai dance and doing it wrong T ^T It was cute at first but it's just so overdone and.. I don't even think half those people know the song is Swedish. >__>

Overly loud fangirls:

I appreciate that you fangirl, and that you're having fun. I don't appreciate when a group starts screaming at the top of their lungs over and over again. There was a group of 3 girls at a con I went to who kept talking and out of nowhere screaming horrendously loud. People were starting to get REALLY irked about it. It was next to a panel too, so that really didn't help.

People in your group wandering off ahead:

This really bothers me. I have to yell if I want to take a picture for someone to wait up. And if we get separated it's hard to find anyone. Plus the halls are so loud celphones are harder to hear. Grahh...

n00bs:

People that just.. don't... know anime properly. Yesterday someone called me "Dahkaro-chan" enstead of "Dokuro". I heard some loud squeals of "KAH-WAH-EEEE" too. Mispronouncing things and butchering all that is holy in anime is just horrible D:

No Deals:

When that ONE guy in the dealer's room who's the only one who has that ONE manga you want, and you wait until the third day for a deal, and he happens to be one of the only ones who DOESN'T knock down his price at all. DX!!!!!

Aaand.. People who wear kimono's wrong. I don't know, it irks me and it just looks tacky. If you don't know how to wear one why did you buy it? >__<

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2009, 12:25:10 am »
People being snobs about your costume! Simple costume doesn't always equal easy costume or lazy cosplayer.

Related: people being snobs about what series are being cosplayed. Yes, there are a ton of Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy/Hetalia/Kuroshitsuji/pokemon ginjinka cosplayers, but I don't care how much you hate that series, it doesn't give you the right to be a total bitch to them, nor does it make your costume better than theirs!

>:/ I went as Namine on Sunday, which was the trigger for this post. *mutter mutter assholes mutter*

Non-cosplay related: people constantly needing to make noise omg. You do not have to try to get a song going around, or yell "I lost the game!", or whatever meme is going around every time there is relative quiet in the line/panel/lobby/etc.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2009, 02:04:19 pm »
my biggest peeve... UNSUPPORTIVE HOTEL STAFF!! We got plucked out of all the places that we needed to be and it kinda sucked because it was really difficult to go anywhere else.. I guess it was kinda the weathers fault but it pissed me off

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2009, 11:10:41 pm »
Well, I'm not really even sure if this'd count in here, but it does relate to anime, so I think it's close enough.

You know how some AMV's will have the dubbing at the bottom of the screen from the original anime used?  I don't really care if the creator prefers watching anime in Japanese & reading little words on the screen; it's nice sometimes.  However, if you're going to make an AMV, don't have subtitles.  They're distracting, and sometimes they take away from the effect of the AMV.  It shouldn't be a big deal to get rid of them when you're gonna have fragments of scenes displayed while a song is playing.  It's just illogical and annoying.  Have them when you watch anime, I don't care about that; please get rd of them while making AMV's, though.  PLease?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2009, 08:04:01 pm »
Carmelldansen: My friend was within seconds of punching a girl who got TOO BLEEPING CLOSE. It really ruined her day to have someone she didn't even know get up in her face. Moral of the story: If people aren't joining in, don't penetrate their personal bubble to encourage them to do so.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:04:46 pm by The_Geek »
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2009, 09:12:06 pm »
I get frustrated at people who can't control their children when they act up.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:29 pm »
My really weird pet peeve:

The awkward aspect of photo-taking. I feel like I'm being pushy if I ask someone with a great costume for more than one photo. But at the same time, I feel like I'm being arrogant if I ask someone who's taking a photo of me if they would want more than one pose - even if they've said they love the costume.

One of these days I'd like to figure out where the happy medium is between those two feelings. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2009, 09:49:04 pm »
My really weird pet peeve:

The awkward aspect of photo-taking. I feel like I'm being pushy if I ask someone with a great costume for more than one photo. But at the same time, I feel like I'm being arrogant if I ask someone who's taking a photo of me if they would want more than one pose - even if they've said they love the costume.

One of these days I'd like to figure out where the happy medium is between those two feelings. (^_^)

Become photography staff and just ask "for a FEW photos"

or just do that in general- just let them know that you will be asking for a few photos.