Author Topic: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?  (Read 58456 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
*sigh* Another peeve, people who don't understand that on the internet it is hard to uncover the real meaning to a message because there is no real interaction such as tone of voice. So people tend to take things literally then the person who submitted the original message gets all upset and acts immature.

Also in the context of this topic everything is really serious. I'm not upset that you have that "peeve" since it is your own and I don't want to change your mind nor would I want others changing my mind about the ones I have. But in the context of this topic everything was serious and taken quite literally. So I continued thinking that same way. I don't know you that well so I am not too sure of the way you normally act so I had no clue if you were joking or not. Sorry I took it the wrong way. It can be hard to decipher these things just based off words and no tone or attitudes behind them :) Sorry for getting defensive.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Haha, I remember when I thought you were generally mean for using the >_>;; face, which I had only seen been used when someone referred to 'whatever' or 'god'.

And my pet peeve when people don't put enough effort into a message on the internet so it's always viewed in the wrong manner.

And I wasn't joking, in case that's what you were asking. XD What I was referring to is that people who don't know me should not take offense since, haha, odds are it's NOT you. And for people who are my friends, they also shouldn't be offended since I wouldn't direct it to them.

But yeah, it's all good! Once you get the hang of how someone types, you can understand it. I don't know you, either, so I'm still looking~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Yeah, typing on a forum can be a little challenging. I was hoping you weren't directing that at me because I try very hard not to act immature and be too annoying. I have actually changed a lot since I first came on this forum.

And just so you know usually I make the >_>;; face when I am talking about something I did. Like yesterday I ate a fourth of a cake >_>;;

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Yeah, typing on a forum can be a little challenging. I was hoping you weren't directing that at me because I try very hard not to act immature and be too annoying. I have actually changed a lot since I first came on this forum.

You have ;D I remember when you used to be shy or kept to yourself while talking to me on the forums XD
I used to be annoying and used bad grammar and spelling o__o; and typed weird.
ANYWAY. :'D
*still has bad grammer and spelling* >_>

my pet peeve: complainers. Im not a big fan of people always complaining the entire con. I know I do a right lot of complaining myself, but ussualy its over net with friends and not at the con and i wont be "Oh my f'en god im so tired" "theres nothing to eat" "all the good cosplayers wont talk to me" ect ect ect. I know i shouldnt get angry or annoyed by it but i kinda do. its not so much as it is just at the con its like, you come there to have fun, so why are you spending all your time being upset about whats wrong?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Bizzaroo

• Cabbit
MEETING PEOPLE! Seriously we all love the same thing and I have gone to 3 conventions in the past two years and I have not met anyone that I can have a random friendship with. It's awesome that we all can geek out about anime and whatever else but why is it so hard to meet and chat with some random person it's like they give you a strange look as if they are better then you. I'm not a weird person I just want to hang out with you if just to have a small chit chat.
Anyway thats about it for my rant you guys are still awesome!
Don't Let The Boarder Be Your Boundary!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
MEETING PEOPLE! Seriously we all love the same thing and I have gone to 3 conventions in the past two years and I have not met anyone that I can have a random friendship with. It's awesome that we all can geek out about anime and whatever else but why is it so hard to meet and chat with some random person it's like they give you a strange look as if they are better then you. I'm not a weird person I just want to hang out with you if just to have a small chit chat.
my first con was like that but it helps to meet people before the con. That way THEY can introduce you to new people and so on and so forth.

Offline Bizzaroo

• Cabbit
my first con was like that but it helps to meet people before the con. That way THEY can introduce you to new people and so on and so forth.
Well yea meeting people is all nice before hand but when you want to say "Hey good job on that last round in that game" or whatever they just brush you off sooo inconsiderate.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Oh I see, I have never had that problem but I can see where that can be annoying.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
I have never had anyone correct my costume before, I know that some of them have needed it and it kinda sucks that there are people out there doing that. Though some people ask how they can make their costume better and they might not be able to take criticism well. I'm not saying that is what your friend did fleur_fraise but I am saying that it happens.
Oh no, I know it happens. I've seen some people with absurdly thin skin, especially online.
Tbh my friend's costume did need a lot of work, but we were two girls who had never been to an anime convention before and didn't know we were going until the week before XD

Oh, I think it was mentioned before, but the phrase "I lost the game." At school with your friends? Losing the game is hilarious, especially during class. But in an anime convention where everyone is running mostly on sugar? Not fun. Even more so when it happens every five minutes.
Old memes in general are kind of annoying. Objection, shoop da whoop, etc. I'm no 4channer by any means, but even I can keep up with the new memes :/
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I hate it when people yell about the game. But it was hilarious when Eve hung the sign from his balcony saying that he lost XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
I LOST THE GAME.
I LOST THE GAME.
I LOST THE GAME.
Etc etc etc.

I only went to Kumoricon on the last day, Monday, so I don't know about that. Story time? ;D
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I'm sure there are pictures somewhere, I didn't see it or anything but he just hung a sign. It was pretty funny. But it is very very annoying.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
That does actually sound funny XD

But random people running around shouting is ehhhhhh.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yeah I think if you are going to do it be creative like that :P

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Yes, exactly. At one point my friends and I were waiting for something (I think we were on a field trip), so I tried to initiate a game of telephone.
The phrase?
"I lost the game."
Well, it was funny to ME, at least... XD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
XD that would be good. I will have to try that out if we ever play telephone XDDD

Offline Bizzaroo

• Cabbit
Another thing that I'm sure someone has posted is when someone wants to give there opinion about how bad the Anime your cosplaying is. Like I cosplayed as Zaraki from Bleach (Obviously by my Avi) but some kid thought he was cool saying "How does it feel to dress up in a show that no one watches." I was completly blown away by this kid I was actually impressed but still quite annoyed.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Wow, what a jerk! Haha, but at the same time, that kid must have balls XD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Another thing that I'm sure someone has posted is when someone wants to give there opinion about how bad the Anime your cosplaying is. Like I cosplayed as Zaraki from Bleach (Obviously by my Avi) but some kid thought he was cool saying "How does it feel to dress up in a show that no one watches." I was completly blown away by this kid I was actually impressed but still quite annoyed.

Actually, Bleach is one of the most popular animes....so he was an idiot XD

Offline Bizzaroo

• Cabbit
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I can give him props for what he did especially because he was Ash Catchem from Pokemon and a few noticeable years younger then me.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
XD

that is really funny, because not many people watch pokemon anymore :P

Offline Bizzaroo

• Cabbit
Yea definitely cool back in the day but a few years too late.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
true, Bleach is the new hip thing.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
One time when I was cosplaying seshi someone asked my why I had two arms...
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
I went to the Anime Expo down in L.A. this past summer and it was awesome, it was my first con ever. So I went and I was very nervous. I just wore my simple cat ears (that I made) and my collar that has my bell on it. And I had all these people come up to be and ask how I made my cat ears, where I got the material and such, and I was fine with that. But then one person came up to me and tried to take my cat ears off without asking to look at them. It got me sooo mad. I just couldn't belive that someone would do something like that.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
wow.. you should have been like, "R-A-P-E Get the hell away from me"

XD JK

but seriously, thats rude. People need to ask before even touching someone elses stuff.

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
I know, just this year I hope that when I have my tail on, no one messes with me. NO ONE IS TO GRAB MY TAIL!

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
This one girl had a great Asuka costume and I asked if I could take a picture of her...she basically rolled her eyes and took off her sweater and posed.  Geeze, I have zero problem with people that don't want their pictures taken.  Is it really so hard to say no?

Thankfully though that's the extent of my kumoricon...peeves.  Nothing worse than that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
That can be annoying, and it might have had nothing to do with you. I know what it is like to have your picture taken over and over sometimes I give out a groan when someone asks. Its just that I, usually, would have to stand up XD

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
Yeah, one of my biggest problems is the imature cosplayers, like most of the naruto cosplayers, granted there are a few [like my self] who cosplay from that series who are actualy mature about it. I generaly hate cosplaying mainstream anime, but this year I'm being draged into a Naruto cosplay. I never really was an imature brat about cosplaying my first year, but I was confronted by some older cosplayers who were particulary rude and said that my [KH1 Kairi] cosplay was underdone and I was bad for doing her. Granted they were nice enough not to yell but it made me realize that I need to be less of a brat about my cosplaying a popular character. I didn't realize untill after the con that they were Kairi haters, I saw them after the con and they kept giving me nasty looks so I confronted them about their rude behavior they said that and I quote [6 years ago] 'Kairi's a bitch, so your a bitch for cosplaying her. I can't believe that you'd stoop so low to cosplay a slut like her! You should never cosplay again!' But yeah, I cosplayed her again [KH2 school version] at Sakuracon in '06/'07 and got the same thing. That's when I nearly stoped coming to con's because of the imaturity levels of me cosplaying certain characters that are 'hated'.

I think I'm done ranting for now anyways. [my Kairi cosplay was perfectly done down to the pendant]
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
xD i find it tends to be yaoi fan girls that hate the female romantic interest of the young sexy male hero they love to pair with other young sexy males.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
xD i find it tends to be yaoi fan girls that hate the female romantic interest of the young sexy male hero they love to pair with other young sexy males.

I agree. I hate when people do that, because honestly I like some yaoi but at the same time I like Kairi. So when people hate her needlessly I find it really immature. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you Konan-chan, some people have no class.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Well I like kairi and I will be cosplaying her, probably next year. And they are REALLY stupid for calling you a bitch because you cosplayed a certain character they didnt like. They need to be hit over the head with something really hard to knock them back into REALITY. WOW that was extreamly immature of them

and yes the yaoi fan girls are quite well known for hateing the girls that were created by the MAKER OF THE STORYLINE to be in love with one of the characters these fangirls want to be gay. I find that pretty annoying honestly, I can only tolerate yoai fandom if its in a mature way and not an "OMG I HATE THAT CHICK SHES TAKEING SORA AWAY FROM RIKU" Way. It ticks me off when people mess with story plots like that and get pissed because their version isnt what actually happend.

lol that was my rant for today, enjoy XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Well I like kairi and I will be cosplaying her, probably next year. And they are REALLY stupid for calling you a bitch because you cosplayed a certain character they didnt like. They need to be hit over the head with something really hard to knock them back into REALITY. WOW that was extreamly immature of them

and yes the yaoi fan girls are quite well known for hateing the girls that were created by the MAKER OF THE STORYLINE to be in love with one of the characters these fangirls want to be gay. I find that pretty annoying honestly, I can only tolerate yoai fandom if its in a mature way and not an "OMG I HATE THAT CHICK SHES TAKEING SORA AWAY FROM RIKU" Way. It ticks me off when people mess with story plots like that and get pissed because their version isnt what actually happend.

lol that was my rant for today, enjoy XD

only girl who was inteted to be the love of a hot often yaoi fried character is Relena from gundam wing..... I hated her long before I knew what yaoi was I just hated her. I think it has to do with the fact that EVERYTHING she owns is pink. even her limo. and yeah shes rich, kinda a snob, really a bit stupid, and in the end she gets everything. just a tad annoying. but shes the only one.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
well you hated her for justifiable reasons. I dont find "Because shes ruining the yaoi possibilities" to be a justifiable reason

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
I had some hate problems when I did Rosso the Crimson just because she's from FFVII DoC some people don't like that game just because it's a 3rd p. shooter. And the fact that I'm like 2-3 feet shorter than she, even with my platforms, some rude people were calling me names and yelling at me just because I liked the character. [didn't help that I yelled back at them but I was trying to stay in character] =A= they said things like my acent was off [I tried but I'm not russian and I can't roll my r's unless i'm speaking in Japanese] and that I was too short and that it's stupid to cosplay such an obscure character. I could tell that they were cosplay/con virgins due to their imaturity. [AND they were mainstream Narutard cosplayers] Granted I cosplay Naruto characters but I go for obscure and not well known characters. Like Konan.

Ahh rants are fun. Man, seems like I get bullied a lot at cons for the characters I pick.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Its sad that people are like that. I am very happy that no one has done that too me. Though I only have been to kumoricon once in costume and everyone seemed to like the costume a lot.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
It seems to happen to me every year :/ there's all ways [something] wrong with my cosplays.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Really? That sucks, but you can always argue back. It seems that Naruto characters are the ones to do this....so maybe they wont bother you since you are cosplaying from that series XD

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
wow that sucks, its actually never happend to me before.  But I would sure as hell fire back with something lol they would not like messing with me.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Yeah I probably would too.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
Yeah, if someone picks a fight I'm gunna bring em hell... kinda... like running to Itzel and be all like 'Itzel! Your yojimbo! go kick them out!' but not really... That's cowardice, naw I'd probably start nit picking their cosplays...
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I would just say something along the lines of having a wider knowledge of anime and games other than Naruto XD

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
@ Nikki ~ YUSH!! EXACTLY!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
ah just finished skiming thru this and boy r my eyes tired
my biggest pet peeve is that they cut peeves from the harry potter movies
that said

EGL nuff said, tho I feel i can put this here as I know there are plenty of nice lolis who are as nice as the oufits, but most have treated me like dirt, like i did not have the right to exist

people who are rude or mean for no reason to (other people be it attendees or staff) to people just asking questions ie
person A "wow ! a 99cent costume contest how do i enter?"
person B "your already wearing a costume you can't enter"
person A "I can't just put it on over my costume?, these are my only clothes"
person B "no "
person A "yay karaoke! looks busy how long is the sign up sheet?"
person B in a sarcastic way "Ha ha ha ha hahahah "
person A " ....."
person B"hahahahhahaha"
B never did tell me list time

person B who walked up to info desk "HEY what are you doing back here this is staff only you can't be back here!"
(was at info desk)
person A gestureing to a water pitcher " bring the info desk water and getting my purse, I was watching the info desk for the last hour "
person B "you bought water? thanks"
the same senerio happend to a person trying to buy a skirt in the dealers hall but was turned away (she had been told she had another hour till it closed)

reading the description of the elit cosplayer makes me feel like the anti elitest at any time at a con i'll be tossing candy to people in costumes i liked and saying hi and half the time they reconize me from the forums,
oh which makes me think of a differnt peeve

people who read the forums and apon meeting in real life who act like they know you and act like they are your best friend  now i don't mean people who are active on the forums
 but it seems every year i meet some creepy peep who knows everthing i have ever said on the forums but has never posted or "talked" to me on the forums
it confuses my husband cuz he would be "who is that" and i am like "dont have a clue"
**note** less of a peeve if the person is under 13 cuz at that point it make me feel i duno more like a role model?

sub-peeve  I dont know if its the costumes I wear or my juvinille sence of humor or just me I tend to attract little kids and some time i swear there are no parents in sight  (not spec talking about k-con)

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
xD lol wow jaz, youve certainly had your fair run of annoying people! ._. I can see how that would get on some ones nerve!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Wow that was kinda funny....sorry that happened or you saw that happen but it was entertaining to read XD

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
I personally can't stand it when people just flat-out act obnoxiously. Just because you're at a con doesn't mean you get to throw common decency out the window. Sometimes it's fun, but you've got to use good judgment.

I also don't like how some people will just come up to you randomly and touch you. (not inappropriately per say) DO NOT WANT. All you have to do is ask and I'll be happy to give you a hug. :3

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
here is one i forgot i was at subversion helping out and this was the review i read from the willamet weekly
mentioned me

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/05/26/followup-subversion-anime-fest/
and i quote

"A woman who may have been in a Pokemon costume asked the dedicated crowd trivia questions (Keanu Reeves is starring in a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, by the way) to pass the time when the projector malfunctioned."

pokemon?!?!

when i was walking out side i was called winnie the pooh too
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Oh a peeve of mine that doesn't really have much to do with conventions but it does at the same time. Repeating myself. I can't stand it, if you don't want to listen the first time then you are not going to hear it.