Author Topic: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?  (Read 58999 times)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay/ convention/ anime Pet Peeve.. we all have 'em, so whats yours?
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:15 pm »
I don't know if this counts, but I hate getting ripped off.
My friend had bought a really cool Suzaku key-chain at Mewcon, and I loved it, so I decided to get one too, but when I went up to buy it, the guy charged me a dollar-fifty more then he did for her..
I know $1.50 isn't that much at all, but really, that's not fair.!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »
wow, thats really not cool of him. Price is supposed to stay the same for everybody

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2009, 04:53:40 pm »
Heh, that's what I thought too.
Luckily it's only hapened one time...so far. >>;;
x3

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2009, 04:56:36 pm »
You should have gone back the last day and bargained with them. I got a Cloud figure from 20 when it was originally 25 because I only had 20 XD

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2009, 07:08:28 am »
my pet peeves is when someon cosplays a costume thats not completely finished to the point where you can't tell who it is. cuz then i feel bad for asking who they are dressed up as.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:35 am »
Or when they look like a character, like the style of the costume and wig and whatnot, but they totally change things!

Example: A nice black wig that they decided to make neon blue.

I don't know if that's what they think the color is supposed to be? If that's all they could find? Or they just wanted to be random like that, but it just bugs me. >3<

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2009, 08:03:18 am »
I don't like wigs that look obviously fake, I mean for some characters that is fine, but someone who is blond for example should have blond hair not yellow hair.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2009, 12:58:17 pm »
ya i know...seriously. for example i saw a talim cosplay (SOUL CALIBUR) and the girl was wearing a blue wig, BLUE. she has black hair. and seriously they could at least a vision check for eyesight. its not that hard to tell the diffrence.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »
Hmm. I agree about the wig color thing, but sometimes it's hard to find the right colored wig. A lot of things could factor into the decision making process.

For example, the character's hair may vary by which art the cosplayer is going off of, and if the character has black hair, the color of highlights may need to be taken into account. A lot of characters with black hair will have an odd color of highlights. (blue, green, purple, etc.) It's also not the easiest thing to tell what a wig will look like in real life by the color shown on the website, for those who order wigs online. (Most people I know do) An off color might also be the product of trying to dye it and having it come out the wrong color. D:

Just the same, though, it is kind of irksome to see a wig that is completely the wrong color. ) =
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:56 pm »
Hmm. I agree about the wig color thing, but sometimes it's hard to find the right colored wig. A lot of things could factor into the decision making process.

For example, the character's hair may vary by which art the cosplayer is going off of, and if the character has black hair, the color of highlights may need to be taken into account. A lot of characters with black hair will have an odd color of highlights. (blue, green, purple, etc.) It's also not the easiest thing to tell what a wig will look like in real life by the color shown on the website, for those who order wigs online. (Most people I know do) An off color might also be the product of trying to dye it and having it come out the wrong color. D:

Just the same, though, it is kind of irksome to see a wig that is completely the wrong color. ) =

I'm not talking about that. I am talking about a character that has blond hair for example and someone using a high lighter yellow wig for it. Not a natural looking blond wig.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2009, 03:30:50 pm »
lol exactly.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2009, 05:38:59 pm »

I'm not talking about that. I am talking about a character that has blond hair for example and someone using a high lighter yellow wig for it. Not a natural looking blond wig.

THIS. And what I was going off of was a Road cosplayer I saw. I mean, I know she has blue hair in the anime(I think, I've seen pictures) and whatnot but it's NOT neon blue like I saw. D8

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2009, 06:40:37 pm »
See stuff like that bothers me for costumes. It means who ever did it didn't take enough time to look for a wig or make a costume more accurate.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:07 pm »
i also think its sad when people wont even style the wig or there hair at least when they know they can.  or when someone who thinks they have a cosplay costume when its just a  bunch of things together and they say their this character when their not. but i wont tell them their wrong or i'd feel horrible.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2009, 07:17:56 pm »
When it's the completely wrong color I can see why it would urk you guys a bit, but some people really do try, you know? I mean, if they're only a *tad* bit off and they've worked hard on their costume some people go all: "KJDHGJALHLAJKHDSLJDKJTUWESKNCK! WRONG COLOR YOU FAIL! D8<"  It's just not cool to say or think that about someone who's really put effort into their costume. That's just my say on this. d:
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2009, 07:27:41 pm »
heres a peeve, when your wearing close to nothing. I dont mean like Rikku close to nothing i mean it feels like your wearing less than a bakini nothing. ._. i dont care how slim you are save it for the internt.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2009, 07:30:02 pm »
I agree with that. Even if you are super slim, I've turned around the corner before and gone, "GAHH! Dx". Children go to this convention and certainly ones much younger than myself. So, pleeease keep it to just the belly button no more. x.x  (For my eyes at least.)
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:18 pm »
Well if someone was wearing less than a bikini then they were breaking con policy and were probably asked to put more clothes on. The bare minimum is a bikini.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:36 pm »
eh i said feels like, i know they cant but some costumes just kinda seem to reveal to much (like that one uh cat girl with the blue hair where all thats covering her is some fur here and there)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2009, 08:45:42 pm »
Felicia? I think that is a great costume if done well. No many people cosplay her and when someone does it well I don't care at all.

This is a good one http://www.acparadise.com/contests/crossedge/320/320-4.jpg Though she is covering up more of her chest than the reference but oh well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:47:47 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2009, 09:30:44 pm »
When it's the completely wrong color I can see why it would urk you guys a bit, but some people really do try, you know? I mean, if they're only a *tad* bit off and they've worked hard on their costume some people go all: "KJDHGJALHLAJKHDSLJDKJTUWESKNCK! WRONG COLOR YOU FAIL! D8<"  It's just not cool to say or think that about someone who's really put effort into their costume. That's just my say on this. d:
lol i know but like i mean if someone is going as a organization member and they just put a black sweater on and a long black skirt then glue a chain to it, its like "i know they could put more effort" and ya the barely their cosplays, they should save it for hentai con, no matter how good their body is.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »
nikki: see that one works cause i feel like she covered more than just her nipples, she covered her chest un like a lot of felicias. I dont mind the costume when its done well, but when its just like strands of fur covering parts of you.... no.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2009, 06:10:40 am »
I think one of my pet peeves are cosplayers with an ego and think of you as a sort of disease when you try to hug them. Cause one Kumoricon I came up to someone and gave them a hug (I asked), but then they said "You better not try to rape me," with a real attitude to her tone. I felt embarrassed cause a lot of people were watching.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:43 am »
oh i think those cosplayers are just stuck up. i asked this girl if i can hug her, she looked at me and walked away as fast as possible.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2009, 06:21:40 am »
well denying a hug isnt a bad thing, I have one friend who HATES human contact, last year she cosplayed and she denied every hug but felt kind of bad about it cause she didnt want to come off as mean.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2009, 06:27:43 am »
Well... the thing is (and I don't mean to sound like I'm whining).
It was a whole FFVII skit about recruiting people to worship Jenova.
All it was was an announcement saying that the person was one of them and he/she got a hug.
My friend did it and (I think it was either Sephiroth or Cadaj) gave her a loving hug.
But when I came up that's when she said it and I felt really hurt cause I didn't know what I did to make her say that.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2009, 06:44:13 am »
i'll admit what she was out of place

i just find there seems to be this "rule" of sorts that you have to hug when some one asks and if you dont your "rude" which I think is absolute blasphamy. you dont need to give out hugs you just dont be a jerk about it.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2009, 06:48:43 am »
I just hope that it doesn't happen to me this year. ^_^;;;

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:50 am »
I agree with that. Even if you are super slim, I've turned around the corner before and gone, "GAHH! Dx". Children go to this convention and certainly ones much younger than myself. So, pleeease keep it to just the belly button no more. x.x  (For my eyes at least.)

NEON blue though? I know there are better wigs than that just on eBay! D8

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2009, 06:57:06 am »

they could have not had the money to afford them so they got the best they could. Or they could have not been able to find the right shade of blue. I know that finding the right shade for a mello wig was hard, and I still dont think I got it compleatly right. So go easy on those guys.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2009, 06:58:41 am »

they could have not had the money to afford them so they got the best they could. Or they could have not been able to find the right shade of blue. I know that finding the right shade for a mello wig was hard, and I still dont think I got it compleatly right. So go easy on those guys.

They really don't cost that much. And not trying to do better is kind of half-assed don'tcha think?  :-\

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2009, 07:02:08 am »

They really don't cost that much. And not trying to do better is kind of half-assed don'tcha think?  :-\

no, Mabey they liked that particular shade. Who knows? Ya must know what they were trying to accomplish before calling it half-assed because a lot of people put their own spin on characters, like my aerith dress had a flower print when her real dress did not; it was my own spin on it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2009, 07:54:12 am »
I don't know what they were doing, all I know is that brightly colored wigs like that tend to be a bad quality compared to the realistic wig. And bad wigs is another peeve of mine.

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2009, 11:30:26 am »
On the flipside of the hug issue, My pet peeve is when people ask for hugs.

I don't know you, I probably have places to go, and I don't want you to touch me.

Plus I've heard enough stories of people hugging and breaking costumes to turn me off of it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:06 am »
Asking for a hug is better than doing it without asking, and most of the stories about people breaking costumes if from people who don't ask.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2009, 01:15:26 pm »
I ask when I give hugs and I'm sure not to ruin any of there costumes.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2009, 01:23:09 pm »
Yeah, I'd be happy for people to ask me so they wouldn't harm my costume instead of them not asking and just doing whatever the eff they want. Cuz wouldn't that peeve you even more?  :-\

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »
Yeah, cause you know, you could be off doing your own business when all of a sudden...BAM!!! A person comes out of nowhere and tackles you to the ground in a massive glomp. You end up having your wig painfully pulled off and a part of your costume ripped very badly... This would suck majorly.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:06 pm »
I actually really like hugs. ='D But I always ask before hugging, and always hug gently! >_<; I mostly limit myself to hugging people I know, anyways. I would probably never say no to a hug either, unless the person was a total creeper. D: And I can completely understand not wanting to be hugged by a total stranger! D:

And then there's glomp circles...But you wouldn't participate if you didn't want to get hugged, right? ='D
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2009, 02:29:51 pm »
Totally. I love the Glomp circles. x3
There was just a time that I remember a game of Red Rover last year.
Ahhh....brings back sweet sweet memories. x3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2009, 02:31:50 pm »
My pet peeve is getting really hot at con and discovering all the water is gone, haha.  :D

The ballroom dancing room was a OVEN, and we ran out of water, haha.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »
My pet peeve is getting really hot at con and discovering all the water is gone, haha.  :D

The ballroom dancing room was a OVEN, and we ran out of water, haha.

OHHHH my gosh, I hate it when that happens! xD

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2009, 02:46:19 pm »
Okay, one thing I absolutely HATE is the issue between western and asian manga. There have been complaints that if an American was to make a manga, it's not a manga, but a western comic. It's like saying pizza's not pizza unless it was made in Italy.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
Well, I DO kind of agree with that. There are some subtle differences between manga created by a Western artist compared to those created by Japanese. Because of these small differences that I notice, I rarely read Western manga or Korean manhwa and Chinese manhua.

It's usually the art style I don't like though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:49:23 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2009, 02:51:05 pm »
Yeah honestly, I take that back, it's really not a big deal anymore. I just sometimes found it absurd when other people were in that predicament. I myself was never attacked by the differences between american and asian manga. Either way, they are all good to me. ^_^

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2009, 03:32:19 pm »
hmm i hate it when its really hot and people start sweating*even me* and then it gets allls melly...

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2009, 05:29:50 pm »
I have to disagree on the statement that japan has the best complex plots, both Countries produce great stories it just depends on the Author.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2009, 05:34:20 pm »
yeah it does depend on the author, where it comes from should really not be a major judging point.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »
we were on pet peeves?

mmmmm, when people talk excessively during an event and they are not a part of it. Last year's skits were great but the girls sitting next to me were very annoyin--talking loudly about non-con stuff (goodness, what WERE they doing there...) Please respect the people and take ur chatter outside of the event.

Yoohah!
And so it begins...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2009, 08:22:08 am »
I dont blame you for getting annoyed, I agree it should cross their minds to use the same manners they would in a movie theater for instance.