Author Topic: Obama is Prez  (Read 15906 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Obama is Prez
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:35 am »
As of a few mins ago
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
Re: Obama is Prez
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:12:56 am »
*happy spaz*
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:53 am »
::dances:: xDDD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:54:48 am »
I wish him luck, I sure as heck wouldnt want to fix all this mess. :)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:18:10 pm »
YAY

I didn't get to watch the innauguration because I had finals in school but I'm sure Jon Stewart and Colbert will provide me with some warped version of what happened ;D

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 01:35:27 pm »
I got to skip 1st - 3rd period and watch the inauguration at Cinetopia. 8D

I feel so lucky. Or rather, sad for everyone else who couldn't, such as my classmates who either only got to see part of it or didn't see it at all. It was really inspiring to see it live and know that all those people were there looking forward to the same thing at the same time and all that jazz. Eheh, I dunno, it was just really special to me. 

This whole "rebuilding America" goal is gonna be tough. Thanks to Obama we've got hope going for us, but it could still yet be crushed. I hope he does a good job with the government in the coming years. :)
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:56 pm »
I was tossed a tape to record the parade so I am (did).

I was watching and wondering how long of a walk he took down the street with not too many bodyguards closely around him. Maybe it was just the camera angle. If it wasn't, then we have a brave and trusting president going into office, which is a good thing. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:54:42 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline uoarh

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 02:28:28 pm »
After the complete and utter hopelessness of the last two elections I can be happy again : )
Sometimes I rawr.

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 03:25:46 pm »
YES.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »
I had my English final while he was swearing in. I wanted to skip it to watch the inaugeration. I mean, I can speak English pretty well, y'know?

I didn't think it'd go over too well, though. >.>
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »
I am so glad the only mishaps were that some people couldn't get to their seats, and that Obama and Chief Justice Roberts messed up their lines a bit. I was really afraid someone would try to do something really nasty to dash our hopes right in front of our eyes. I worry about that too much now. I'm going to be making many prayers for a while now, I think.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 05:38:45 pm »
ME SO HAPPY they say we get the best leaders in the hardest times. GO OBAMA
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 06:14:33 pm »
Yay! I'll probably catch glimpses of it on the news 2night. but anyways.... YAY!!!
And so it begins...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »
I don't mean to kill anyone's buzz's, but I'm waiting to see him do something "incredible."  As someone who supported McCain, I'm not really looking too forward to these next 4 years.  I do hope I'm partially wrong, but I can guarantee that he won't please me nearly as much as he seems to have pleased you guys.  Guessing the next four years can be kinda fun, eh?  Let's watch...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
Wash, if he does good, I'll be happy, if he does bad, I'll be complaining. Even as someone with a more liberal bias.

Anyways, McCain or Obama, we got a new president! That's exciting.  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 07:58:10 pm »
It true McCain would have made a great prez. But me and most of america thinks Obama will do a better job.
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »
At the outset of a presidential administration, on day one the most anyone can do is to cheer the new president on. What're they gonna say, "Obama's been in office for twenty minutes now and he hasn't turned the economy around"?

Once the president has had time to do some things in office, that's when we can criticize him, constructively or destructively.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 08:05:07 pm »
Easily one of the best and most important events in any of our lifetimes.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 08:05:42 pm »
Perhaps.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 08:24:57 pm »
I don't mean to kill anyone's buzz's, but I'm waiting to see him do something "incredible."

LOL Id love to see him fly or have lazer beam eyes or somthing. Now THAT would be an amazing president! I wouldnt mind living with a super hero as a president. Of course if Obama can even fix a few things from the way they are it will be super ok with me. :)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 08:26:39 pm »
I don't mean to kill anyone's buzz's, but I'm waiting to see him do something "incredible."

LOL Id love to see him fly or have lazer beam eyes or somthing. Now THAT would be an amazing president! I wouldnt mind living with a super hero as a president. Of course if Obama can even fix a few things from the way they are it will be super ok with me. :)

Tell it as it is. So true so true
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

oslapedo

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »
COLBERT ENDORSES OBAMA, FINALLY 8D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 08:46:19 pm »
COLBERT ENDORSES OBAMA, FINALLY 8D

At least for now, but wait for about three months; he'll probably be one of the first to make fun of him for something.

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »
He's gonna be nice to Obama until he stops being popular :D

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 08:54:23 pm »
lol it would be bad for ratings otherwise......
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 08:55:45 pm »
xD He said he would support Obama until he stops being popular.
"Would you kindly. ."

oslapedo

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 08:56:45 pm »
Beat ya to it Kristee ;)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 08:57:47 pm »
What I meant was, he never said anything about being nice. xD

He "endorsed" Obama during the election, too. xD He said it a few times.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 09:03:52 pm »
So has anyone checked out the White House new web site yet?

Are you going to do something to help president Obama out? Or just hold your hand out?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 03:52:01 pm »
In the first two weeks since the election, President-elect Barack Obama has broken with a tradition established over the past eight years through his controversial use of complete sentences, political observers say.

Millions of Americans who watched Mr. Obama's appearance on CBS's 60 Minutes on Sunday witnessed the president-elect's unorthodox verbal tic, which had Mr. Obama employing grammatically correct sentences virtually every time he opened his mouth.

But Mr. Obama's decision to use complete sentences in his public pronouncements carries with it certain risks, since after the last eight years many Americans may find his odd speaking style jarring.

According to presidential historian Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota, some Americans might find it "alienating" to have a president who speaks English as if it were his first language.

"Every time Obama opens his mouth, his subjects and verbs are in agreement," says Mr. Logsdon. "If he keeps it up, he is running the risk of sounding like an elitist."

The historian said that if Mr. Obama insists on using complete sentences in his speeches, the public may find itself saying, "Okay, subject, predicate, subject predicate -- we get it, stop showing off."

The president-elect's stubborn insistence on using complete sentences has already attracted a rebuke from one of his harshest critics, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska.

"Talking with complete sentences there and also too talking in a way that ordinary Americans like Joe the Plumber and Tito the Builder can't really do there, I think needing to do that isn't tapping into what Americans are needing also," she said.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 06:24:59 pm »
Gasp, you mean he might pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear? Not nuke-you-lur? Yeah, gotta admit I have said nuke-you-lur a time or two. Must have been because of whom I was speaking with.

So if you don't like turning Gitmo into a government employee resort, how about a foreign language school for the military?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 07:43:41 pm »
And for those of you who thought O. and his magic administration would somehow mean an *end* to racial strife, or divisiveness, or discrimination:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/22/video-no-stimulus-money-for-white-males/

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 08:00:38 pm »
I think they should've left GBay as it was, just do a better job following rules.  (Even though those Islamic terrorists don't deserve any fair treatment).

That reminds me, I heard a story about Post-World War II Philippines.  There was an area that was being attacked by Islamic terrorists where Westerners were stationed at still.  After one particular attack, some of the terrorists were captured and were gonna be executed.  Before that, they were sprayed with pig blood.  In Islamic tradition, if you touch a pig and die before you can pray for forgiveness, you go th their version of Hell.  Once the spraying happened, they were all killed before they could've made their prayers, except for one of them.  That one was released.  Why?  So he could run back to his buddies and tell them what had happened.  There hadn't been an attack anywhere near that place in about 35-40 years.

We should do that to the GBay prisoners who want to be found guilty and executed as martyrs.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:20 pm »
When do they start printing the Obama countdown calendars?

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
never
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 08:39:48 pm »
We can always code one in Javascript for the desktop...

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 08:43:18 pm »
no you can I am a democrat (and I an admit I am too left wing but that what I believe)
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:20 pm »
 ???

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:59 pm »
I think they should've left GBay as it was, just do a better job following rules.  (Even though those Islamic terrorists don't deserve any fair treatment).

That reminds me, I heard a story about Post-World War II Philippines.  There was an area that was being attacked by Islamic terrorists where Westerners were stationed at still.  After one particular attack, some of the terrorists were captured and were gonna be executed.  Before that, they were sprayed with pig blood.  In Islamic tradition, if you touch a pig and die before you can pray for forgiveness, you go th their version of Hell.  Once the spraying happened, they were all killed before they could've made their prayers, except for one of them.  That one was released.  Why?  So he could run back to his buddies and tell them what had happened.  There hadn't been an attack anywhere near that place in about 35-40 years.

We should do that to the GBay prisoners who want to be found guilty and executed as martyrs.
You must really dislike McCain and his anti-torture views.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 09:15:35 pm »
No, I like him, at least more than Obama; plus, McCain has a very good reason for his opposition to torture.  However, those guys have it coming!  Have their lasts miserable seconds of life be filled with horror.  They did all of this because they feel it was Allah's will; I say we deny them that.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 09:20:05 pm »
I think that school of thought can be applied to a lot of situations, including ones that would hurt Americans and innocent people. In any case, I don't believe in torture on the off-chance that they're terrorists. If you're really gonna do awful things to them, then just kill them quickly.

The only thing about closing G-Bay is, what are we gonna do with them? =\
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 09:46:41 pm »
In any case, I don't believe in torture on the off-chance that they're terrorists. If you're really gonna do awful things to them, then just kill them quickly.

Firstly, it's not an off-chance, at least not with some of them.  The ones who are proclaiming that they are looking forward to being executed as martyrs, also sending them to "Heaven" and being rewarded by Allah for their roll in 9/11, do not deserve to die the way that they want.  Why reward them for killing thousands of innocent Americans?  Let them die knowing that they committed a sin in their religion and will be denied their virgins.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 08:39:40 am »
No, I like him, at least more than Obama; plus, McCain has a very good reason for his opposition to torture.  However, those guys have it coming!  Have their lasts miserable seconds of life be filled with horror.  They did all of this because they feel it was Allah's will; I say we deny them that.

People do a lot of stupid thing for their own god/gods. Crusade anyone? ISLAMMMMMMM!!!!!! (yeah that was kinda on Jon Stewert one time).

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 05:27:15 pm »
Start feeding them BLT sandwiches! Pork at every meal! Yee-Haw! Let them play American football, with old footballs, as they use cowhide nowadays.

Air mail them to the country of their choice, just drop them off, literally! From 30,000 feet. I hear one guy has survived from 39,000; and that was by accident. So you know, they might live.

The biggest problem we face is trying to be nice guys for Europe and Russia and China. We need to be more Romanesque, or biblical even. oh well. I hope you have been purchasing fire arms.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 04:25:31 am »
Quote from: jaybug
We need to be more Romanesque, or biblical even. oh well. I hope you have been purchasing firearms.
Si vis pacem, parabellum to you too, good man.
(There! A reference to Rome and firearms!) Also, already stocked up on ammo before prices got *way* silly.

BY THE WAY, just hit a GOLDEN NUGGET of Obama abuse in "To Aru Majutsu no Index," ep. 15.

The set up begins 14min 38sec. There's a few minutes of the loli-crud ahead of it, so feel free to skip ahead and start there.

Hilarious!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 04:25:08 pm »
Could this be the test? Iran's Ahmedinijhad wants an apology from Obama. I can only hope our president faxes him a picture of his backside. And the phrase Besame Mucho written on it in bacon grease.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 10:43:57 am »
Gawd, what a CIRCUS!

The Annointed One gifts the UK Prime Minister with Walmart DVDs - that don't even PLAY in England (NTSC vs PAL, anyone?!?) then mispells - what - THREE other nations' leaders in a week? Way to Go!

BTW if you want to see the Inaugural Parade, you can rent 'Idiocracy' and see it about 2/3 of the way through.

It'd be funny if the clueless idiot** wasn't tanking our economy with "Wishes and Hope" that don't work in Real Life. Anyone remember Prez. Carter, and 18.4% inflation in 1978-79? Guess not, most of Mr Messiah's voters hadn't even been born then...

But wait, there's more:

The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.

Is this a JOKE administration yet, or what?

(** btw I have labeled the previous occupant 'Puddin-head' a number of times too, so fair is fair.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:46:30 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 02:17:27 pm »
puddin head, isn't that what Harley Quinn called the Joker? lol

Just wait until he gets his feet under him! oh boy
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:50 pm »
NOTE TO ALL OLD FARTS IN THE K-CON FORUM Jaybug and Prinz Eugen
STOP BEING BITTER. NO ONE CARES

Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 02:41:01 pm »
Except the people who vote.

Note to Blackstar, learn to differentiate between bitterness and sarcasm, cynicism.

And...after 8 years of whining and whatnot from one side, don't you think it's fair for the other sides to have their fun at back-biting, and whatever? Or are you one of those, I get to make fun at others expense, but that can't do that to me types?
Have Fun

Jay