Author Topic: Re: Cannot Unsee's Panels Postponed to 2013  (Read 56157 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cannot Unsee's 18+ Hetalia panel? (and possibly Congress Dance)
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »
I think the fanfic (its real short I think two chapters) that pairs Iceland with Sweeden's refrigerator should be read .n. It's just so different xD

I've gotta say, I'm quite curious...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:06 pm »
what.... did I miss?
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 07:07:25 pm »
I would like to go to this panel~
I'm going to be going as Liechtenstein.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »
Welcome to the pannle love well have you up once our Denmark read the page and chan you miss your talia kissing you

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »
Thank you very much~ I appreciate it.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
I think the fanfic (its real short I think two chapters) that pairs Iceland with Sweeden's refrigerator should be read .n. It's just so different xD

oh my god... That fanfic. DX
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:31 am »
Thank you very much~ I appreciate it.

WElcome I ll tell her when she wakes up to chang things and check for fourms. or just get on her accoutn but she'll kill me " lols

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2011, 11:45:26 am »
Welcome to the pannle love well have you up once our Denmark read the page and chan you miss your talia kissing you

Wait.... WHHHAAAAAAAAAAT?! XD

FridgexFinland? Wooooooww.... can Fvrance read it out loud?!?!?! XD

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »
I say lets do a Hetalia 18+ PJ party

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »
I like this idea. If Sve, Chan, and Germany say it's okay, and everyone else likes it, too, I can switch it to a PJ party, and people can choose to come in PJs or their cosplay. (Sve and I have matching Sweden and Denmark PJs. We could get Iceland a pair, too).

We've talked it over among the three of us, and we've decided to hand the Congress Dance over to Washu (for 2012 at least). It might just be a masquerade or a ball with a different theme, but we decided that we'd rather help him with what he decides to do than compete with him for the right to hold a ball ourselves. We wanted to do the Dance because there wasn't a ball this year, and we felt the lack of it.  Cannot Unsee wishes you the best of luck, and offer our help if you need it, Washu. :D

As for the space in our schedule left by deciding not to do the congress dance...we're thinking we'll have a PG/PG-13 version of the Hetalia PJ party instead, and if we can manage it, schedule it back to back with our 18+ one, so that anyone who wants to (and is of age) can go to both. If the PG version is at say, 11, and the 18+ at midnight...then at midnight the curfew for those who aren't 18 will hit, and then we can just move on to the adults only portion of the panel.  If not, we'll just hold them separately...but it's an idea. What do you guys think?

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Cannot Unsee's 18+ Hetalia PJ Party ~*~ PG-13 Hetalia PJ Party
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »
If that happens, I won't appear until after 12am, because Slightly Anime is usually between 10pm and 12am. And I'll need to change maybe.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Re: Cannot Unsee's 18+ Hetalia Panel ~*~ and PG-13 Hetalia PJ Party
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2011, 07:46:37 pm »
Hmm.....If we can, we'll try to make it so they're together, but otherwise I think we'll be doing a regular 18+ Hetalia Panel of Doom (after midnight), and a PG-13 Hetalia PJ Party (some time after 9pm but before midnight).  Unless those who are attending want to have them both be PJ Parties?

What are your thoughts on it?

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »
I'm not going to over haul my cosplay  for PJ's so I'll be coming as steampunk!America still.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »
That's fine. The Dress Code for the PJ Party (which will be the PG-13 panel we'll be hosting instead of the Congress Dance, since Washu's going to be doing the ball this year) isn't that strict. While we recommend wearing PJs, anyone who wants to show up in regular non-sleepwear cosplay can do so. (I know a few people who wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of wearing their sleepwear in public, even if it is for a panel)

For the 18+ panel, those who want to show up in their PJs can also do so, especially if they were planning to attend both. I think our Iceland was planning to wear PJs to both panels if they're scheduled for the same night, since she wouldn't want to have to go back to the hotel room and change.

Also, anyone who only wants to come to one panel (and not the other) is welcome to do so. Just let us know which panel you're planning to attend when you post, alright? ^^

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »
Add me to the list for the pyjama party! That sounds like loads of fun :)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2011, 10:46:47 pm »
I could have sworn I posted in this one, but I guess not...until now.

Unless something else comes up that evening, I should have either America or Rome done and ready to show up in.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:53 pm »
Oh, the ball idea sounds fun.
I'll have to learn to do the Waltz with Big Bruder~

I wanted to go to the Ball last year, but unfortunately it had been cancelled. I hope that doesn't happen for 2012 though~

Offline CosplayGeek4

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2011, 10:39:58 pm »
Can you sign me up as England for the PG-13 Panel?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »
Hey,

You do realize that the people who used to run the PJ Party specifically stated that they didn't want anyone running it in the future, right?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »
Hey,

You do realize that the people who used to run the PJ Party specifically stated that they didn't want anyone running it in the future, right?

Yup. They did.

VVVVV[From the 2011 Hetalia cosplay thread]
Sorry guys. We're all partied out. : ( We'd also really appreciate it if no one tried to pick it up without us 'cause it's our baby. Fed on our blood and tears and all.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:14:40 pm by Saki-the-cat »

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:43 pm »
Considering that most of us (from cannot unsee) only got into Hetalia this last year, no, we weren't aware that anyone else had "claimed" the idea of a PJ party for themselves. If the people who ran it however many years ago have decided not to do it again, that should not prevent someone else from running a PJ party for that series if they choose to.  Regardless of who did what whatever years prior to this coming year, if that person isn't planning to run one of the same name again, the fact that they did it before (whether we were aware of that or not) shouldn't prevent a new person from stepping up and holding something of the same name in a new year, especially if we're not "making it exactly the same".

We want to cosplay as Hetalia characters in our PJs. We're no longer holding the congress dance, so we now have time to host another panel. Someone we know IRL randomly suggested "why don't you do a Hetalia PJ party, since you and Rei have Den and Sve PJs?" We liked the idea, so we decided to do it. If someone was already planning to host the panel for 2012, we would have no problem saying "okay, good luck. we'll be happy to attend it". So far, I have not seen any mention of someone hosting it this year besides what we have decided to do, and by your own quotes, they don't seem to have any plans to do it because they are "all partied out".  

We still plan to hold our PJ party, and if those who hosted it want to speak with us about it, they can. I don't believe it's a very pleasant thing to do, to deprive our congoers of the opportunity to attend such a panel just because the previous hosts of a similar panel have abandoned it, but don't want anyone else to host one because it's their "baby."  Panels are panels. Our "PJ Party" isn't likely to be the same as any that were hosted before, simply because it's hosted by different people. We never went to the ones that were held before because we weren't part of the Hetalia fandom at that time. Now we are, and we will host the panels we choose to host, despite what anyone says about how we shouldn't because of one reason or another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

@cosplaygeek4, turbosaiyanjason, cutthroatpixie: I'll put you up as attendees for the PG-13 panel. Thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:16:53 pm by hikaru_maxwell »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »
No one can really claim a pannel it is just a name. if there is a problume with the pannel please speak with an admin. about placeing a copy write on a pannel name: there are many Pj pannels for hetlaia at diffrent cons. I do not see why we can not do this but as i said please bring it to an admin if you really feel we shouldnt be holding it becuse someone els claimed it.

-
Titus
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:18:29 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2011, 11:14:03 pm »
^agreeing with them
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 11:26:18 pm »
I went to a couple of the previous PJ parties, but as pointed out, loads of other cons have them. Other fandoms have them. I'm sure since the people running this one had no idea about the previous ones, and have obviously never attended them, it'll be totally different. I know the last people to run the PJ party put a lot of work into theirs, but it's not really an idea unique to them, and if new people want to have a PJ party, it shouldn't be a problem. It also can't be expected that people who never attended the last ones would even know they existed, or that we can never have a Hetalia PJ party at Kumoricon again if the people who used to run it never decide to run one again.

Also those cosplays get hot after awhile, we need some PJ downtime :P

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »
I don't think you guys should be SUPER FORBIDDEN FOREVER from having a PJ Party-type panel just 'cause I asked Miria and Shi not to do one last year. For one thing, that wouldn't stop you, and I don't feel like throwing myself at that wall. If there is one thing I could ask, it would be great if you changed the name slightly? Just enough so that people know it's different people doing a different thing. I imagine you and your friends' panel won't look anything like Goat's and Hashi's and mine.

Hecka props to whoever tracked down my post from the 2011 thread.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2011, 11:52:45 pm »
I don't think you guys should be SUPER FORBIDDEN FOREVER from having a PJ Party-type panel just 'cause I asked Miria and Shi not to do one last year. For one thing, that wouldn't stop you, and I don't feel like throwing myself at that wall. If there is one thing I could ask, it would be great if you changed the name slightly? Just enough so that people know it's different people doing a different thing. I imagine you and your friends' panel won't look anything like Goat's and Hashi's and mine.

We are sweetie we are placeing our group name on it so that other will now its not the same people doing the pannel. and malaria if you have any good idea we love to hear them and we hope you come and have lots of fun with us as well
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:56:18 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 12:32:42 am »
The best advice I can give you is don't expect anything to go right. Expect a space that's too small for the number of people who want to attend, a fire code that keeps you from executing any of your best ideas, and that one hyped up asshole who will heckle you no matter what you're trying to do. Expect to use all your contingency plans, and to be coming up with new ones fifteen minutes before you start.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, all that good stuff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:36:43 am by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2011, 12:41:21 am »
So pretty much what we've been thinking we'll have to do for the 18+ panel, only with cosplayers in PJs and EVEN MORE attendees (because now it's not pared down by an age restriction).  Good to know.

The idea of having everyone let off steam before the panel(s) in one way or another is looking even more appealing, yes indeed. *notes that into plan b* 

Also, if any wants to give a suggestion specifically for one panel, please let us know in your post which panel the suggestion is for (so we don't end up possibly applying it to the wrong panel). ^^ Thanks.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2011, 03:00:18 am »
No one can really claim a pannel it is just a name. if there is a problume with the pannel please speak with an admin. about placeing a copy write on a pannel name: there are many Pj pannels for hetlaia at diffrent cons. I do not see why we can not do this but as i said please bring it to an admin if you really feel we shouldnt be holding it becuse someone els claimed it.

Actually, the people to talk to would be Programming - they're the ones who have final say in who runs what. But it's kinda moot, because Malaria pretty much nailed it...

Thank you for helping clear things up. :)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
Name recomendation; Bedtime with Hetalia? Dunno, just random input.

I'm France for allllll ooooffffff iiiiiiittt!!

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »
Name recomendation; Bedtime with Hetalia? Dunno, just random input.

I'm France for allllll ooooffffff iiiiiiittt!!

Or you could do like Counting Sheep with Hetalia, like those CDs they came out with everyone counting sheep haha.

Oh no Fraaaance

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:37 pm »
I agree with Lovino!! Counting sheep with Fr-- Hetalia! <3

-goes to plot a "sheeps clothing" honhonhonhonhon-

LOVINO!! I've missed you! Come have a bottle of wine with me!

XD

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
I agree with Lovino!! Counting sheep with Fr-- Hetalia! <3

LOVINO!! I've missed you! Come have a bottle of wine with me!

XD

Creeper wtf 

I PM'd you mah cell awhile ago, idk if you ever got it. I'm kinda fail on here sometimes haha. But if you ever wanna hang out we totally should :)

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »
The Hetalia/SatW Slumber Party? (It would be interesting).  *wonders if having a heffalump!iceland trying to eat congoers would be too lame and childish*

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 10:06:24 pm »
Why do i have to eat them .......

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2011, 11:40:05 pm »
AMERICA EATS EVERYTHING unless we thinks it's gross.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »
Actually I think I might be going as russia or turkey to this and I have not gotten an rsvp from anyone yet lol

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:24 am »
1. I think huffleump!countries just made me die happily inside.... -snicker snicker-
2. I will double check, cause I'm just as much fail myself. Lol!
3. "..suck Island!!" XD Anyone that was there may get it. Lol!
4. There is no four....

Sorry, battling with the real net and lost sadly after 4.5 hours....  I'm going to bed and you can't stop me.

-France falls face first into a Nord's lap and. Is out like a light-

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:21 am »
Actually I think I might be going as russia or turkey to this and I have not gotten an rsvp from anyone yet lol

The Facebook rsvp after the comma was in reference to someone else. Who RSVP'd on facebook, and therefore I do not wish to put her real name on the list (on the forums). I know who they are, and therefore it's not necessary to put their real name on a forum list. Any listing that has Facebook RSVP in parenthesis means a separate entry for a person whose name is not to be revealed without permission, but RSVP'd to me or titus or reine personally on facebook.

Also, please let us know when you've decided what cosplay you are wearing to which panel, and I will update the first post.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »

Do it, and I'll get a recipe for haggis! :D

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »

you sob.... I know where you sleep, how you sleep, and now I CAN take pictures!!! XD jkjk.

iloveyoudunhurtmeh.....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »

you sob.... I know where you sleep, how you sleep, and now I CAN take pictures!!! XD jkjk.

iloveyoudunhurtmeh.....

...of me haggis?  That'd be nice for me facebook...

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »
-twitches at him before taking his scotch and wiskey and throws it out the back door- Fetch then!

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhh......

Wash... I think I might regret introducing you to on-line rp....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2011, 05:50:12 pm »
^ ;D

Offline ShadiStar

• Cabbit
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »
Hello there! :D
i just wanted to say that if Rozenmaiden_girl (I hope I typed that right lol) won't run the PG party as italy, I'd love to do it as N. Italy! :)
also I'm willing to host any Hetalia panel under 18 as N. Italy! :D
Please reply soon~!
And, of course...
PASTAAAAAA~! <3
I'm selling my wigs, all great quality and have barely been touched!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2011, 09:53:31 pm »
PG Party?

There are other Hetalia panels that are being talked about that are under 18 friendly, such as:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16203.0
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16213.0 - This one sounds interesting, in my opinion.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16027.0

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2011, 10:00:29 pm »
Shadi, we'd love to have you come to the PG party as Italy. We're happy if you want to attend, or help with the panel. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to assist, and we'll see what we can have you help with. ^^

Just to clarify, Cannot Unsee is actually a different group of people from the ones running the World Meeting (RozenMaiden_Girl and KyoKyo866 plus a constantly changing roster of assistants). Specifically, we are reine (Sweden), hikaru_maxwell (denmark -Hetalia and SatW-), and titus_love_doll (iceland, chibitalia, and SatW finland). Our lovely assistants (which we have lovingly dubbed Do Not Want) are Germany (her identity is a secret, sshh -j/k, I don't know her forum name-), and chan_highwind (france).  There are also a few others who have offered to help but are to remain a secret until you see them at the panel. Because the mystery is more fun that way.

Now that everyone knows who we are, who else would like to come to our hetalia slumber party and hetalia 18+ panel of doom (tm)? Any more suggestions about what we should do at either panel? Any volunteers besides america to be the Heffalump? *evil grin*

As Washu said, it's not a "PG Party", really. It's a PG rated Pajama Party (meaning all ages can come), as opposed to our 18+ panel which is limited to those who are 18 or older.  Those who are able should also definitely check out Shi_no_Akuma and MiriaRose's History panel (if you like historical things), and RozenMaiden_Girl and KyoKyo866's Hetalia World Meeting (last year's was quite fun).

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:20 pm »
Germy is Kaylin05 on the fourms... she's just not very active. <3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »
As Washu said, it's not a "PG Party", really. It's a PG rated Pajama Party (meaning all ages can come), as opposed to our 18+ panel which is limited to those who are 18 or older.  Those who are able should also definitely check out Shi_no_Akuma and MiriaRose's History panel (if you like historical things), and RozenMaiden_Girl and KyoKyo866's Hetalia World Meeting (last year's was quite fun).

Oh, it was a reference to the PJ party... okay, now I get it.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »
Germy is Kaylin05 on the fourms... she's just not very active. <3

Ah, like reine! Our sve barely responds on the forums at all (I'm not sure I've ever seen her post), but I know she reads them. If I say something stupid about her she'll come out to the livingroom and strangle me. >3