Author Topic: Re: Cannot Unsee's Panels Postponed to 2013  (Read 56138 times)

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: Cannot Unsee's 18+ Hetalia panel? (and possibly Congress Dance)
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 10:13:32 pm »
Still though, dont look down on our methods. I know u have been from ur comments ._. we tryed the best we could when we were at our weakest. I mean hell, when I was doing that meeting my voice was still half lost from screaming so much as Germany. It sounds easy to control them but it really isnt. But still, its your thing. Just be very careful and try not to get overwhelmed. Though Im up for doing skits or battles~ As people may have seen Im quite a playful Germany xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:30 pm »
Still though, dont look down on our methods. I know u have been from ur comments ._. we tryed the best we could when we were at our weakest. I mean hell, when I was doing that meeting my voice was still half lost from screaming so much as Germany. It sounds easy to control them but it really isnt. But still, its your thing. Just be very careful and try not to get overwhelmed. Though Im up for doing skits or battles~ As people may have seen Im quite a playful Germany xD
I would love to see you in one

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 10:21:47 pm »
I'll try not to, and I understand that trying to reign in a crowd of somewhat immature adults (we tend to get that way at con, there does not seem to be a cure) will be hard, but we'll do our best. Running a panel isn't an easy job, but if we want the panel to happen, we'll have to try. We'll be using different methods than the ones you used, mainly because we saw what didn't work this year. If the chaotic nature of the crowd is allowed for, hopefully it will be a much less stressful time for all involved. (for instance, I won't be so stressed about the crowd getting a bit rowdy if I plan for it ahead of time and allow for it within the confines of the panel. Having been to more than a few 18+ panels in my time, I really didn't expect the "raise your hand before you speak" idea to work as well with that crowd as it would with underage congoers.)

Your methods weren't bad, per se. They did work for the underage world meeting, but 18+ panels tend to be somewhat chaotic by nature, just from the fact that the adults in them see the lack of children around as a chance to let loose and become a bit more childish themselves. They no longer feel that they have to be on their best behavior lest they be setting a bad example for little children.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 10:55:01 pm »
*nod* though that was the first 18+ panel I ever went to ever so I suppose I came unprepared xD Anyway so.. im getting a lil confused about how exactly this is gonna go down. miniskits, battles and rowdyness is all i can understand from this xD If u can find a skit for me to preform I can do it~
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »
Basically, the 'miniskits' are going to be ad-libbed, made up on the spot interactions between in-character cosplayers who volunteer for it. They'll probably have a time limit to think up what they're going to do (or not think of it at all and just go up and do something), or we could take suggestions from the audience and give them a theme to work with. The general rowdiness is a given, and we're stating ahead of time that it won't be disallowed, so that people won't have to feel we're stifling their creativity or trying to keep them from acting in-character while they're simply attending. We're expecting a level of chaos similar to what happens when hetalia characters interact with each other in the anime and mangas, but if it gets too out of hand, we have methods planned to get the crowd calmed back down.

(we're hoping we won't have to use France's bondage rope, really.)

We're also planning to talk about Hetalia fandom, and the more adult side of it, such as fanfiction, pairings (of any gender variety), things that squick you about hetalia fandom, doujinshi that blew your mind (or mine, I mean really, I've read a few that *censored for age appropriateness*), why fans seem obsessed with certain characters/props/pairings....and Chibitalia seems to want to show some Hetalia AMVs as well....if we can get a projector and permission from the AMV creators.

ON a side note: Several of the panelists from Cannot Unsee and Do Not Want have run 18 and over panels before, and ALL of us have attended them. We know what you guys are capable of, and we come with rope, and feathers. Be warned.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:24:21 pm by hikaru_maxwell »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 12:03:00 am »
18 plus pannels are very hard to controle and you got to now how to controle it trust me i ran a 18+ kingdom hearts pannel at a differnt con adn i had sora and riku humping echother with no pants on (they had boxers on ) thats why i got my amp and my mic and i m really good at yelling - nodds

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:35 am »
I don't speak for Programming at all, nor am I speaking as a moderator. This is just my personal opinion:

By far the best thing you can do is work on making your own panel fun and interesting. Trashing someone else's panel doesn't make yours look better by comparison. If anything, it calls it into question.

The Programming people are the ones who have final say on panel content, not the forums.

~~~~~

That said, speaking as a moderator: Please keep it civil.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:25:11 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:25 am »
18 plus pannels are very hard to controle and you got to now how to controle it trust me i ran a 18+ kingdom hearts pannel at a differnt con adn i had sora and riku humping echother with no pants on (they had boxers on ) thats why i got my amp and my mic and i m really good at yelling - nodds

Um, I've run half a dozen 18+ panels with zero control issues.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 11:43:03 am »

Um, I've run half a dozen 18+ panels with zero control issues.

yeah I think it was becuse some people were alittle drunk that night but still after they were done it was a clam enviorment. we had our laughs and comments in the end its very fun to run an 18+ pannel you get to see those who are always alittle uptight losen up and relax and have fun. If it the first time for someone it can get stessful when you dont now what you are doing at times. you always you that one group whos gonnah get out of hand but their all just haveing fun yelling at someone isent always gonnah work. so my mic is my best friend becusei can speak over people. We will state rules before we start the pannel as well.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 11:45:56 am »
I don't speak for Programming at all, nor am I speaking as a moderator. This is just my personal opinion:

By far the best thing you can do is work on making your own panel fun and interesting. Trashing someone else's panel doesn't make yours look better by comparison. If anything, it calls it into question.

The Programming people are the ones who have final say on panel content, not the forums.

~~~~~

That said, speaking as a moderator: Please keep it civil.

Thank you for comming in and saying this to us. We are going to work hard in modfiing and not trashing other people. We were not intending nor did we feel we were trashing I love their pannel. very much and enjoyed myself. I feel if they thought we were stealing or trashing them they need to inform us. We are very sorry that things have gotten out of hand. with what has been going on. but we plan on making our pannel a fun one and includeing everyone who wishes to joine us. I belive that there shouldn't be any more butting heads and we would enjoy those who were involed with the world meet 18+ should joine us and have as much fun as we did at their pannel.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »
We (the panelists) have no intention, and had no intention, of discouraging anyone from attending any other panels (not even the slightly anime dating game, though I will be disappointed if they steal all our potential attendees by virtue of being scheduled at the same time as us). In fact, we highly encourage you to attend the Hetalia World Meeting, Shi's Nameless Hetalia Panel, and ours, should you have the time. Discussion about what happened at the 18+ world meeting and what did or did not work there, as well as what methods we will or won't use when attempting to regain order in the Cannot Unsee 18+ Hetalia panel is not, nor should it ever be, an excuse to diss or talk badly about another panel or panelists. All joking aside, we SHOULD all be adults here, and as such, we should be able to joke or have discussion without resorting to personal attacks or uncivil conversation.

I understand that sometimes people write something and mean it a certain way, and someone else reads it and to them it seems to be another way, and misunderstandings happen. In that case, anyone who has a problem, instead of continuing in an uncivil discussion (especially after one or the other of the people involved requests the discussion move to a private message or a more appropriate topic thread), please respect each other and the others who are reading this forum and work it out in private, if at all possible. I know that I myself sometimes come off as posting in a rude or uncivil way when the original intent is NOT meant to be that way, so I will understand if others may do that as well. Hopefully any further issues can be worked out without too much ill feeling being caused.

That said, if anyone has any more ideas about what we should be doing for the 18+ Hetalia Panel of Doom (tm), please do not feel shy about throwing them out there. We will take all suggestions and see how they might fit into the panel, and if they don't fit this time, maybe next time they will. :D

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
Get a Wii and have a quick Super smash bros tourney between countries, like three lives, all weapons
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:55 pm »
The dance sounds fun. ;w;

As long as ppl 18 and under go, I would like to go to it.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:21 pm »

due to its content and what it will have in it We have to make it 18+ unless hikaru is willing to do two of them I am not sure.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »

due to its content and what it will have in it We have to make it 18+ unless hikaru is willing to do two of them I am not sure.

oh, because I was checking out the first post and it said that it was most likely not 18+

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2011, 10:03:28 pm »

oh, because I was checking out the first post and it said that it was most likely not 18+

oh forgive me i missread >< so sorry hun . yeah the dance will be  all ages and it will be fun i really hope to see you all there.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »

oh forgive me i missread >< so sorry hun . yeah the dance will be  all ages and it will be fun i really hope to see you all there.

Oh YAY! Should I do normaly Italy? Or be Magnet!Italy and drag Magnet!Germany with me? XD

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2011, 10:13:07 pm »
Yes, the Congress Dance (if we can manage to pull it off. We still need to find a DJ or a group to play the music, and work out what space to use, etc), would be all ages. The attire would be formal or military cosplay. I (and alot of others) missed having a ball this year, and hopefully we can work out having this be our ball for 2012.

I love the raves, but having a ball as well would be a nice changeup for cosplayers who don't attend raves but still like to dance.  Is Magnet!Italy also in a military uniform?  If so, you should do it!

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2011, 10:16:28 pm »
Yes, the Congress Dance (if we can manage to pull it off. We still need to find a DJ or a group to play the music, and work out what space to use, etc), would be all ages. The attire would be formal or military cosplay. I (and alot of others) missed having a ball this year, and hopefully we can work out having this be our ball for 2012.

I love the raves, but having a ball as well would be a nice changeup for cosplayers who don't attend raves but still like to dance.  Is Magnet!Italy also in a military uniform?  If so, you should do it!

manget italy is a vocaloid cross over -points to my siggy- if not I can do uniform XD

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:35 pm »
I love how those headphones look >< their so pretty

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:04 am »
I do hope we'll be able to hold the dance. Mantune is planning to do a masquerade, and I'm hoping we can have our Congress Dance and the Masquerade be the same, so we don't have to compete to have one or the other. If the congress dance doesn't get off the ground, I still plan to attend whatever ball does happen in my Military Uniform. :D

On a sad note, the contention in the Hetalia Cosplay topic has caused us to lose a panelist. Our Chibitalia has decided to leave the Hetalia fandom completely, and we are VERY sad to lose her over a verbal fight on the internet. *takes a moment of silence*

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 07:15:41 am »
I am so sorry. To everyone who is working hard on this pannel and others. I am still here if you need me and is still will love to let you use my arm and mic for your pannels I have no issues in it I do not think i will be cosplaying anything hetalia for a long time. I am very sorry to have trubbled you all over such a mess. and Max I am sorry to leave this pannel and step aside. I am just to a braking point were this fandom has gotten me to dislike for the time being <3 you all and very sorry once more

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2011, 07:27:00 am »
Honestly that fight has gotten a lot of peoples feathers ruffled, I wasnt even involved and just the sheerness of it reminded me why I was starting to do more of other animes instead of this. Makes me particularrly ruffled since I cosplay Germany from the WW2 era as most of us do. Im sorry Titus that you got in the middle of all this and it turned you off to the series. Trust me, that sort of nonsense has done that to quite a bit of my friends (including my Italy whose abandoned the series entirely).

Anyway! I love Masquerades o3o I hope its that too! And I was super dressed as Soviet Russia and was going to take my Latvia to the ball last year.. and then it got canceled ;w; sooooooooob
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 07:29:17 am »
Honestly that fight has gotten a lot of peoples feathers ruffled, I wasnt even involved and just the sheerness of it reminded me why I was starting to do more of other animes instead of this. Makes me particularrly ruffled since I cosplay Germany from the WW2 era as most of us do. Im sorry Titus that you got in the middle of all this and it turned you off to the series. Trust me, that sort of nonsense has done that to quite a bit of my friends (including my Italy whose abandoned the series entirely).

Anyway! I love Masquerades o3o I hope its that too! And I was super dressed as Soviet Russia and was going to take my Latvia to the ball last year.. and then it got canceled ;w; sooooooooob

yeah... And I would like anouther ball other then ouran hosting it time for a new host I will have to say Good luck and i hope there one next year

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 07:49:36 am »
I've actually decided to submit the paperwork to host a ball, and I'm thinking about having it being a masquerade-style, since that seems to be rather popular.  However, I'm not sure if I want the masks to be mandatory...

Also, I'm going to be talking with Denmark Saturday about various Ball-related ideas.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:28 am »
the maskeraid would be very fun but not alot of people have mask to wear we can do a fourmal ball that might be nice

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 01:38:36 pm »
Well, as I recall, in some of the previous years there would be at least one mask-making panel for those interested in attending the ball (or just for the sake of making a mask).  I was thinking about looking into having some people helping out with this, if the idea sounded good to others.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »
Well, as I recall, in some of the previous years there would be at least one mask-making panel for those interested in attending the ball (or just for the sake of making a mask).  I was thinking about looking into having some people helping out with this, if the idea sounded good to others.
if you like some help I will be willing to help you out :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »
Sounds good.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 11:40:25 am »
I am going ot be in this pannel agian as Iceland >> or chibitalia I will be helping with this pannel everyone who has talked to me ty I should let other pull me from something i enjoy

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 11:43:03 am »
Hurraaaaay~
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 12:20:28 pm »
Yay, I'm glad to hear it, Titus. I was sad that you were gonna not be a part of our little Hetalia group. I vote you be Iceland. Because then the Nordics running this panel won't be outnumbered. :D

As for the panel itself, chibiorochimaru gave us a brilliant idea. The not-so-supersecret plan is to have Chibitalia/Iceland and Sweden block the door while Denmark and France subject the room to fanart and choice pieces of fanfiction, and record the in-character reactions of EVERYONE (even if you're not in a hetalia cosplay). >3  No one escapes.

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2011, 02:11:56 pm »
Yay, I'm glad to hear it, Titus. I was sad that you were gonna not be a part of our little Hetalia group. I vote you be Iceland. Because then the Nordics running this panel won't be outnumbered. :D

As for the panel itself, chibiorochimaru gave us a brilliant idea. The not-so-supersecret plan is to have Chibitalia/Iceland and Sweden block the door while Denmark and France subject the room to fanart and choice pieces of fanfiction, and record the in-character reactions of EVERYONE (even if you're not in a hetalia cosplay). >3  No one escapes.

That sounds horrifying and brilliant  :D

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »
>3 When we told sweden he said it sounds horrifying...and then when we told him he'd be subjected to it twice because he has to help us choose....his exact words were "Oh, hallelujah." in a droll and put upon tone of voice. It was great. *cackles*

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2011, 04:19:30 pm »

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure that that's technically not okay with the rules of the con, or maybe even fire code.  I'm pretty sure that the doors have to be accessable at all times.  It's a fun idea, though...

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2011, 04:23:19 pm »
aw, spoil my fun. D:  Can we at least PRETEND to block the door? @.@

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2011, 04:26:40 pm »
Do you mean having people standing by it as if they were guarding the door, or something?  Yeah, that'd be fine... I guess.  Even if they can "stop" people who are fleeing, they need to keep in mind of some things, such as where/how to touch and examples of when people HAVE to be allowed out.

Offline cutthroatpixie

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2011, 04:47:57 pm »
Maybe make an announcement before the fanart section that there's going to be people "blocking" the door, but make it clear that if anyone really wants to leave, they just need to say so and they'll be allowed. Or if there's two doors, have one be the "blocked" door that anyone pretending to try and flee goes to, and have another door open for people to come and go.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:16 pm »
Possibly.  It'd be best to talk to the Yojimbo head so that we can get these things confirmed.  It could be possible that I'm completely wrong...

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »
im confused... is this not happening now?
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 04:17:07 pm »
Yeah, see I am a person who is VERY anti-fanfiction. So I would request to leave. Because I just hate is 100% don't judge me, I have my reasons.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:14 pm »
Fanfiction would put me to sleep .___. I would rather want to skip that part
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2011, 11:17:20 pm »
It will be a one page fanfic with a limet. and a topic if we do it WE are still in the progress of ideaing if Max will talk to me about it soonish -beats him

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:51 am »
Well, I for one enjoy a good fanfic, or laughing at a horrendous one.  What would be the source of the fic?  Will it be written by one of the panelists, or found somewhere on the internet?

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 11:14:25 am »
If its something, it should be like a Hetalia My Immortal, something so horrendously bad its funny
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »
yeah ..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:42:06 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »
Actually, if there are enough people who don't want to see a "Hetalia characters react to bad!fic" section in the panel, we could stick to fanart. That's not a problem. It's still early days yet, and we're working out the kinks of what we plan to do at the panel. ^^

If anyone has fanart they'd like to submit for us to show during that section, please send a PM to one of the panelists (though Reine is barely online on the forums, so probably not her.)

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:51 pm »
I think the fanfic (its real short I think two chapters) that pairs Iceland with Sweeden's refrigerator should be read .n. It's just so different xD
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2011, 11:02:15 pm »
I second this in a heartbeat o3o icelandxswedens fridge fic is sooooooo fabulous!
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:26 pm »
I second this in a heartbeat o3o icelandxswedens fridge fic is sooooooo fabulous!

cries not sweden ><