Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 321748 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »
I got paid today! I am going to start working on my bass soon but I ran into a dilemma. Should I just make a prop or an actual functioning bass? There is a store close by my place that sells lots of parts and they have the body, neck, bridge, you name it they have it. It would just be expensive and I could only work on it a little at a time. But that means I could actually learn how to play bass :D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2011, 12:39:31 pm »
@chromo  lol yea me too Ive never worn a wig before. this is gonna be a totally new thing for me.
BUT! i cannot wait to see your yuna wedding dress cosplay. I may just have to kidnapp you for a photoshoot lol

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2011, 02:22:30 pm »
I just ordered my Miku costume x3 I just need to find a cheap wig now. Once I do that, I'll pretty much be ready for next year, unless I change my plans.
I need to revamp my Stein costume, which shouldn't be too hard. I just need a new wig and a new shirt.
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2011, 03:06:18 pm »
@Tala: YES! I need someone who will be willing to take pictures of my dress~

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »
@chromo im totally willing to do that! Ill have my new camera then

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2011, 03:22:06 pm »
@Tala: Awesome-sauce! Now I'm more excited for next year. XD

Just got done making a dressform for myself and hopefully after next weekend, I will order the feathers for Yuna's dress and wings. I'm thinking since it will be a while til I can actually start sewing, I will begin making the wings.

Anybody got any ideas or tips for making wings? (Mine are supposed to curve around my arms, so they're a little unusual...)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »
I got the wood for my bass today. I am hoping to get a friend to cut it out soon then I can get started on sanding. Sanding is going to take a long time. I need to sand a curve on the back of the neck and a taper edge along the body where the while paint will go.

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2011, 12:01:09 pm »
The only for sure costume I'm working on for 2012 is Lightning from XIII-2. I've been dying to make that armor since I first saw some photos released for the game XD I'm gonna need a lot of cardboard, craft foam, craft board, leather, and wonderful, oh so wonderful feathers ;D

I was also considering Black*Star, since I need a simpler costume that's comfortable if I'm going to be joining staff/volunteering, but I might just bring back Lightning Pikachu for that :D
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2011, 12:07:51 pm »
I'm still in planning mode.

Kari from Digimon Adventure 02 is my hardest so far. I don't have a sewing machine where I am, and I don't know if I'll have the time to hand sew it.

Patty Thompson from Soul Eater will be much easier except for the shorts and the hat. The Hat will be commissioned but not sure about the shorts just yet. Her wig has been found I believe and the shirt, I'll just get a red shirt from walmart and cut it :)
If I do Maka with my Cosplay Group the skirt will be commissioned, and the yellow vest with the tie will be ordered from someone on Cosplay.com I'm hoping. Shoes will be bought offline.

I wanna do Pika!Namine. I just found a really good wig, but its too long, so I have to find another or get it trimmed to the right length. The Kigurumi is $60 on sale.

I'm still working on my list of cosplays too D:

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2011, 02:04:54 pm »
I started planning in January 2011 XP next years it's gonna be all Len Kagamine's from varies PVs.
-Synchronicity
-Rolling Boy
-Meltdown

But I may debut my Meltdown Rock Ver! Teto Kasane.

*The Len Meltdown will be more geared towards the rock version but will probably be my own design, much like Teto's outfit is my own design from last year.

*Rolling Boy will most likely be like a few cosplayers I've seen, but I'll add my own touches.

*Synchronicity is for the group/skit thingy I found on the forums XP

+First step for me; GET A WIG.
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2011, 03:17:07 pm »
@Tala: Awesome-sauce! Now I'm more excited for next year. XD

Just got done making a dressform for myself and hopefully after next weekend, I will order the feathers for Yuna's dress and wings. I'm thinking since it will be a while til I can actually start sewing, I will begin making the wings.

Anybody got any ideas or tips for making wings? (Mine are supposed to curve around my arms, so they're a little unusual...)

Chromo, if I were you I would hold off on the wings until you have the torso of the dress designed then you would have a better understanding of how to attach your wings at the base of you back.  Since your dress will have some boneing in it you should make an attachment sight for the wings.  Remember to talk to the lady in the cosplay contest that had the light-up blue ball thing.  She has great ideas for wing attachment.  Does anyone know if she is on the forums? I think her forum name is Hoshikage.  To bad you were in the Kingdom Hearts panel during that class she put on.
As for me spent some time in the local junk yard in my home town.  Found a great old pressure gage and a plastic spool that was used for storing wire.  Looks like it will make a great winch, just needs some rope, holes drilled, and some silver paint.   ;)

Also made a dressform from duct tape and of corse forgot it at my mothers house, about 90 miles away.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:47:16 pm by Drauska »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2011, 10:37:53 pm »
So, there's a chance that I'll be bringing back Mikuru, Sailor Neptune, and/or Ranma.

There's also the thread in which I might be wearing something for a special moment... ;)

I'd also like this to be the year in which I will FINALLY be cosplaying as Lina Inverse.

I may also have this be the year that I cosplay a character from a series or video game that isn't that well known or is somewhat old, like Blue Seed, Project A-ko, Whacked!, or Evil Zone.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2011, 05:56:44 am »
Man, ive got my ears done for hello kitty and now im working on my Fem Heavy. I think a pin up version would be cute, but sadly im bigger than most girls. So far though, ive got a great idea. I cant wait to get started!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2011, 07:47:10 am »
I got paid today! I am going to start working on my bass soon but I ran into a dilemma. Should I just make a prop or an actual functioning bass? There is a store close by my place that sells lots of parts and they have the body, neck, bridge, you name it they have it. It would just be expensive and I could only work on it a little at a time. But that means I could actually learn how to play bass :D

It would be pretty cool to see a functioning Bass and you could learn like one song on it or something and play it at random .

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »
Man oh man, you guys got started without me!

I have no idea what so ever I'm going to be doing for Kumoricon next year, but I've started on 2 of my plethora of cosplays for Sakura-con

First cosplay I'm doing is Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
I've already started on her head dress (Fused Shadow).
All the details are killing me slowly.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2011, 07:28:50 pm »
I can't remember if its allowed but I believe it is if you get it peace bound. I'm currently working on the gun for my England cosplay if it happens. My brother bought a air soft gun that was broken and wont fire, and he never returned it so I figured if I painted over it it could be a good piece for my cosplay so that's my progress I'm painting a gun.

But I'm debating color,
This is what I'm starting with
http://www.airsoftuk.co.uk/xcart/images/T/image.php-33.jpeg

and I'm thinking something like this
http://blackstonian.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/gun.jpg
or
http://mattersofopinion.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/guns.jpg
or
http://www.chicagomag.com/images/2004/June%202004/gun.jpg

which one do you guys like best?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »
Well I am going to Order the Ears for Keira, and maybe the Wigs for both Keira and Hungary I'd like to get that out of the way. I'll wait and see around june if I think I might need Exstentions for Aerith. Then I'll have to earn some more money and buy the fabrics ^^

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »
Haven't wanted to sew lately, so Rose is kind of stalled. Probably gonna kick my ass and finish sewing her this weekend, then do the painting on her dress, find some black socks and get my wig in the mail and she's done. I'm kind of reconsidering Rogue for Sakuracon; I may just push ahead with Dolorosa and try to get her done instead. I started picking apart her design and figured out how I'm going to do her chest piece today, and started collecting the cardboard I'll need for that. I finished my horns too, now I just need to get a headband for them.

They look really fat in that picture, I dunno why. They're skinnier in real life. I trimmed out that little extra blob of paint in the hook after I took the picture, and I might do a little more work on the paint so they match a little better, or I may leave well enough alone and not risk ruining them. Thoughts?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2011, 12:15:29 am »

Finished my Fluttershy shoes. Me and muh Rainbow Dash (in the background) are working on our wings now~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:36 am »
I told myself i would never to vocaloid till i found gackupo and akaito .. i ened up falling inlove with them so I am going to work hard to throw all my cosplays togeather for this yeah and up comming izumecon . I wish to show you all soon on what i been doing for akaito !

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »
AKAITO 100% done

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:35:26 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »
Titus: looks great so far. I would love to see more pictures :D

I want it to be Thursday. I am cutting out the body, pick guard, tuners, and the neck of my Bass Thursday. Right now I am working on little parts. I need to seal and paint then cut out all the frets, I have one of the pickups done and I am working on the horseshoe one (the one that looks the coolies IMO)

For those of you that aren't familiar with FLCL this is what I am working on

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2011, 11:37:58 pm »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:45 am »
So, ive decided that my Xion cosplay is not going to be her orginization outfit, but my own design of what she would look like as an actual character in the game, like sora or roxas. So back to the drawing board for that cosplay. My Fem Heavy is coming along nicely. Got my boyfriend a hardhat for his engineer cosplay since he already has everything for his Heavy. Gotta start crocheting his pandapple hat. So id say im at like 10% with all my cosplays. Thank god ive got a year.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2011, 10:31:22 am »
SOO... Change of cosplay plans again...

I have decided not to buy any new cosplays (but I will make them, if needed) and stick withen my budget and go with ones I already have.

For Day 1, I'm doing Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. I will have my Vexen with me!~ <3 Currently while I'm waiting to get a new sewing machine, I'm going to start on the top of Marluxia's scythe, and also Vexen's shield.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
@chromo  oh i cant wait to see! Im currently looking for bettas to match all the orginization members lol i doubt ill ever find a pink one for marluxia.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »
Hey Chromo, I think there's a pepakura file for Vexen's shield out there somewhere, you could try looking for that. I've seen the results of using it and it's lovely.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »

For Day 1, I'm doing Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. I will have my Vexen with me!~ <3 Currently while I'm waiting to get a new sewing machine, I'm going to start on the top of Marluxia's scythe, and also Vexen's shield.

I'll help with either if you need help.Just text me :D
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »

I'll help with either if you need help.Just text me :D

Chromo are you going to use foam?  You know I'm itching for projects.  Let me know if you need help.

Otaku I just love your new avatar pic.  you look like you love the chair!!!!!!!

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »
Adding Shippuden Tenten to my list as I really want to cosplay her.

Unfortunately, until next big paycheck, the only real progress I can make is to work on my signature banner. LOL.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:26 pm »
@ Chibachi Nero:

Those horns look amazing!
Do you mind telling me what you used to make them?
I have no clue what to make my Timcanpy horns out of D :

Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »

Wings are far from done but getting a first paint job. I still need to cover the edges with paper clay and rig up the harness.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2011, 10:38:07 pm »
@ Chibachi Nero:

Those horns look amazing!
Do you mind telling me what you used to make them?
I have no clue what to make my Timcanpy horns out of D :

Thank you! I just used Model Magic, haha. You can get it for pretty cheap at any decent craft store, it's a Crayola product. I used maybe half a package for these, they're about seven inches tall. It worked pretty well, it's moldable and super light, and it's air-dry, which I was looking for, so I wouldn't end up with flattened sides from baking. It was also fine with the paint, I just used acrylics and there were no problems there. It can crack a little while drying, but not too badly and it's easy to fill the cracks in with some kind of acrylic medium.

The only problems I found were that it's a little fragile (not overly so, but you can break it if you put too much pressure on it; I accidentally broke off the tip of one of them balancing it on the end so I could paint the bottom. It glued back together fine, though). It's kind of tricky to sand without breaking it, so it you need something super smooth it probably isn't your best choice. I've heard Paperclay is better for that, you can apparently sand it down to a pretty good polish.

Wow, that went on for a while. Hope this helps. :)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:35 am »
bought my maka costume & wig this morning thinking about going to joanns to get supplys for souls jacket
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2011, 10:47:03 am »
Wow...  I just must say that you guys are intense :)  I'm still fairly new to cosplaying, and I've never dedicated much time to a proper costume.  I will some day...  I've been watching this thread out of curiosity, and I have a new-found respect for you ALL!  Kudos to everyone :)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:51 am »
Aweh thanks tsuki lol Im sure you werent talking to me exactly, but its nice to get a compliment

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2011, 01:35:09 pm »
Wow...  I just must say that you guys are intense :)  I'm still fairly new to cosplaying, and I've never dedicated much time to a proper costume.  I will some day...  I've been watching this thread out of curiosity, and I have a new-found respect for you ALL!  Kudos to everyone :)

Working on cosplay gives me something to do. I typically run out of money shortly before payday and if I was just left sitting around the house with nothing to do I would go insane. It keeps my mind distracted and helps the time between cons pass faster. I hope that someday you do get into it as much as we are. You will find it is a lot of fun.

Progress wise. I am going to a friends house to cut out the body and neck of my bass in a little bit. I will make sure to post pictures once its done.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:47 pm »

Having cosplay to work on is better then snacking in front of the TV... :)  I like having something to do that is creative.  Right now my finger nails are nothing but stubbs cause I keep putting off buying materials.  Bad cosplayer!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »
I got my bass cut out finally :3

There are two pieces of wood for the body (can't see them because they are on top of each other) that i need to attach tomorrow when I have access to a drill. After that I need to sand the edging around the body and the round the back of the neck out. I also have the pick guard cut out and painted it white. Its drying then I am going to do another later then finish it with some gloss and it will be done.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »
Styled my Marluxia wig. The wig I had was to long, so I trimmed and layered it. ^_^ Yes, the color quality is bad in this picture. I used my webcam.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »
I started sanding the edge. An hour and a half into it I have gone from one side of the neck to the tip of the highest part. Still got a lot of work ahead of me before I am even close to painting XD

Got some more work done. I am just about done with the pick guard and the two pickups. I think I should smooth out the bigger one a bit more and I need to add a gloss finish to the pick guard then they are done. And on the top right side of the cut out you can see where I started sanding it for the white stripe.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:21:55 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Harlekins

• Cabbit
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2011, 12:08:49 am »
Super kudos on the bass, it's looking good so far!

Though it's not for 2012, though I might bring it to next K-con anyway, my Dark Link costume is almost done. All I've got to do is finish the arm aroor, hem the tunic, finish the sheath, and figure out other little details.
K-con 2012 cosplays so far are..
Black Butler - William (and maybe Trainne!William), Tanaka, Pluto, Count Lord Druitt
CLAMP - TsubasaRC!Chii (maybe), Horitsuba Sakura (unlikely but possible), and Himawari (summer uniform)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2011, 12:17:41 am »
Man, ya'll are way too cool and crafty for me. D:

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:11 am »
nikkiolie you are the bombdiggidy!!  That is starting to look great. 

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2011, 11:45:07 am »
Thanks. I got the body drilled together and a sand piece for the drill so I should be able to finish the edge where the white will be either tomorrow or Sunday. Then it will be time to round the neck and the back of the body.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »
This is actually for Akicon, but  I finally took a picture of the top pieces for my Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony) Gijinka. The only thing left to do for the top half besides wig work is to make my cutie mark and attach it to my tie clip. The second picture is the fanart I'm basing my gijinka off of, so far everything seems to be coming together pretty easily. =]

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »
Titus: looks great so far. I would love to see more pictures :D

I want it to be Thursday. I am cutting out the body, pick guard, tuners, and the neck of my Bass Thursday. Right now I am working on little parts. I need to seal and paint then cut out all the frets, I have one of the pickups done and I am working on the horseshoe one (the one that looks the coolies IMO)

For those of you that aren't familiar with FLCL this is what I am working on

NICE!  Will it be playable, though?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2011, 08:40:56 pm »
No, if it were playable I would be spending like 600+ (more on the + side) on it. The tuning pegs along are 150 each.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:41:57 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2011, 12:48:16 am »
I have Holos wig picked out, I just need to save up the next month and a half of my pay cheaks and I can get the costume with my namine :)

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2011, 01:49:45 am »
Super Secret Cosplay #1
-Fabric
-Props (half are done...yes there are multiple)
-Need to find wigs
-Need to go shopping and modify clothes (t-shirts, pants, etc.)
Super Secret Cosplay #2
-I've had the fabric...for over a year now lol
-Need a wig
Kingdom Hearts
-They're done...I just need to figure out who to be...maybe get working on some props...