Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 324012 times)

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2011, 02:57:23 am »
Does it count as 80% if the oufit has been ordered, but hasn't arrived yet? o.o

Princess Sakura (normal):
100% (if I can still fit into the pants. Otherwise, 90%)
Dream Sakura:
98% (there are some things that need to be re-sewn, especially the front, after the shield popped open when someone stepped on the back of my dress)
Roxas:
20% (I have the keyblades, does it count?)
Org!Riku:
10% (I have the wig. The black fabric for the blindfold and the Coat will be bought next week, hopefully).
Denmark:
98% (I have all the parts. I might need a new wig, but then again, I might not. Depends on whether or not my friend will sell me the one I used this year).
Taito:
0% (The costume has been ordered, but until it arrives, I'm not bumping up the percentage. We'll be ordering the headphones and wig as soon as we can, and I'll start shopping around for white bandages and an eyepatch. I might end up being fem!Taito because binding HURTS (and I don't have a crossplay corset).

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:11 am »
Might seel max the wig depend if i get a new ayase wig for it :P

Ayase 100%
Chibitalia 100%
Akiato 100%
shiymon 100%
furette 100%

Gothic lolita lizzy 100%

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2011, 11:49:24 am »
Seriously considering ordering the Kagura Wind Sorceress from Inuyasha cosplay for next years Kcon.  Bought some more materials for secret cosplay but not enough to actually start building any of it.  Hohummm

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2011, 11:56:13 am »
i now the feeling making the dream sakura for max i ended up useing material that i had lying around such as a wedding gown train . and fabric i kidnapped from a friend :p the dress is amazing though :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2011, 04:35:00 pm »
Ordered my base wig today for Keira

http://www.cosplayanimewigs.com/hereplblcowi.html

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »
Ordered my headband and gloves for Tenten, as well as my socks and sandals for Unohana.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2011, 05:04:30 pm »
I made the cardboard base and the paper mache layer of Dolorosa's chest piece today, as well as the horns for a friend's Mindfang cosplay. Right now the chest piece is drying, and it should be completely dry by this time tomorrow, since I used a glue-based recipe.  I'm going to see if I can pick up some Paperclay from an art store near my school tomorrow to finish the chest piece (well, except for painting it), and maybe try to find a black headband for Dolorosa's horns at Dollar Tree. Right now I'm going to go make Marie's eyepatch.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2011, 05:15:04 pm »
Whoo. Getting cosplay stuff ordered and finished early....for the first time ever <.< {Usually waits till the last month before con.}

Draco: 30%? Done
Just ordered the Wand, Tie and Patch today.

Tsubasa li: 0%

Leafeon: 5%? Maybe?
Honestly I have no clue whats ganna happen with this one, my cosplay groups all wacky and stuff.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2011, 06:06:47 pm »
My bass body is sanded, shaped and primed. The neck is sanded and I am debating if I need to prime it or not. I probably should. On Friday I get paid again so I am going to get the paint that I need and then the hardest part should be over :D

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:56 am »
Current Progress:

Harry Potter- Harry Potter Seires: 40%
Hair: (Just gonna dye my hair. Doing his more shaggy hair)
What I have:
-Tie
-Shirt
-Pants
-Shoes
Need:
-Glasses
-Wand
-Vest
-Maybe cloak...

Anybody out there good at making fake scars? I need some tips to help me with the scar on his forehead.

Marluxia- KH: 80%
Just need to finish the scythe.

Yuna (Wedding)- 0%
I need to get started soon...

Axel- KH: 100%

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2011, 12:14:03 pm »
Hello everyone I wanted to inform you all. That you work looks ammazing I am very surpize on the ideas of your costumes and how you are placeing them togeather the guitar for haurko is amamzing looks good along with those wigs? they look amamzing as welll Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see everyone elses progress.

-Titus

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2011, 04:08:07 pm »
Alright peoples, here is the list!

Fem!Heavy Red Team -
Shirt -
Pants -
Shoes - Option 1 -
Option 2 -

And thats all Ive got so far lol

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »
^^   Tala the lace up boots. :o

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
aquas shirt is done .-. ohmaigawd it was a beast... stupid pleather...

gonna start on the corset soon
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »
I like the option 1 shoes too.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »
#1 i pick

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2011, 10:18:38 pm »
I got the paint for my bass today. I got the blue base paint on. Tomorrow I am going to add the white stripe around the body then use the gloss finish and the body will be ready for the parts.

The neck has wood stain on the front and I started to paint the blue on. All that is left painting wise for that is to clean up the edges and add the white triangle at the top and the Rickenbacker title in black. Here is the finished blue part on the body. More pictures to come tomorrow.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:13 pm »
oh wow that looks amazing !

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »
Thank you :3 I am very pleased with the way it looks. I can't wait to work on it more.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2011, 11:34:04 pm »
Lol i love the lace up ones too. Thanks guys! My fem!heavy is going to be my easiest cosplay i think. Gotta get started on banette and duskull next.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:38 am »
I still need the most important part (the OrgXIII coat), but I tried on the wig and figured out a blindfold for Riku. :D

surprisingly as long as I have contacts in, I can actually see under that blindfold. and if I choose to go sans-contacts, or they don't allowe the blindfold on when I'm walking, I'll just slip it up to my forehead and only pull it down for photos.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2011, 08:16:09 am »
Just ordered my Elf Ears =D I cant wait! I need to go get fabric soon if I plan to get this done before Sakura Con.

I still need the most important part (the OrgXIII coat), but I tried on the wig and figured out a blindfold for Riku. :D

surprisingly as long as I have contacts in, I can actually see under that blindfold. and if I choose to go sans-contacts, or they don't allowe the blindfold on when I'm walking, I'll just slip it up to my forehead and only pull it down for photos.

What are your measurements? I have one that is way too big for me if you wana buy it off my hands It was originaly $88 at http://www.hellocosplay.com/kingdom-hearts-organization-xiii-13-cosplay-costume-p-81.html <-------------This is what it is. I've only worn it a couple of times. I'd be willing to part with it for $55 Its a medium and was loose on me when my measurements were 30 around the waist now its just ridiculously loose. Message me if you are interested lol.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:28:15 am by Black~Rose »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2011, 07:15:41 am »
hopefully I will have my dress form done this weekend so I can get some butcher paper and make the patterns for my secret cosplay.  fingers crossed.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2011, 07:26:13 am »
hopefully I will have my dress form done this weekend so I can get some butcher paper and make the patterns for my secret cosplay.  fingers crossed.
ohh I cant wait to see your Secret cosplay >< i loved your wolfwood i wanted to take youz home

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:13 am »

Is this the one Chromo and I helped you with when you were in town?
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2011, 08:10:20 am »
hopefully I will have my dress form done this weekend so I can get some butcher paper and make the patterns for my secret cosplay.  fingers crossed.
ohh I cant wait to see your Secret cosplay >< i loved your wolfwood i wanted to take youz home

LOL thanks for the encouragement.  That cross punisher was light weight but my hand kept cramping up from holding it. :)

I've haven't seen anyone at Kcon do this cosplay before.  So I'm excited about it.  It's gonna take a lot of work.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:35:22 am by Drauska »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:16 am »
hopefully I will have my dress form done this weekend so I can get some butcher paper and make the patterns for my secret cosplay.  fingers crossed.

Is this the one Chromo and I helped you with when you were in town?

Yeah. I still need to stuff it and make a stand.  probably going to use PVC pipe so I guess I need to make a trip to home depot.  Will probably use bean bag stuffing.  that way on the 14th of Oct I can go buy material.  I have a friend that is going to drop a baby soon and will have no time to sew, she is letting me barrow her sewing machine to make my cosplay so I can enter the contest.  this cosplay is going to be a beast.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:14:09 am by Drauska »

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2011, 09:57:38 am »
got the compleate top part or aqua done (blue shirt, corset, and pink/puple cross thing.... and brooch!)

currently working on the blue side skirt things
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2011, 10:11:05 am »
got the compleate top part or aqua done (blue shirt, corset, and pink/puple cross thing.... and brooch!)

currently working on the blue side skirt things

what manga/amine is that from?

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2011, 10:24:19 am »
@Drauska: It's from the video game Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

I got my last pattern for my sewing needs. May need to get one more if I decide to make the top of Yuna's wedding dress a corset.

Need to go tux hunting for my boyfriend since he's going to be Wedding Tidus while I'm Wedding Yuna. Hope to go to Portland and hit a Goodwill store since we have nothing here in The Dalles.... -___-
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:24:35 am by Chromophobic »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2011, 11:12:36 am »
@Drauska: It's from the video game Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

I got my last pattern for my sewing needs. May need to get one more if I decide to make the top of Yuna's wedding dress a corset.

Need to go tux hunting for my boyfriend since he's going to be Wedding Tidus while I'm Wedding Yuna. Hope to go to Portland and hit a Goodwill store since we have nothing here in The Dalles.... -___-

If you can get down here the evening of Oct 14th you can go material shopping with me and we can hit about 4 or 5 goodwills that I know in the area.  Maybe Ang would drive you down since your mom is out of commission.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2011, 11:14:45 am »
@Drauska: I'll have a talk with both Ang and my mother. ^_^

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2011, 11:31:59 am »
@chromo  i have some corset patterns at my grandmas. I can copy them and send you them if you decide to do a corset top. That way you dont have to spend more money.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:53 pm »
OK Forum otakus....I need to take an Asian straw hat and a wide brim from a European/American straw hat and combine them together.  Now the question I have is:  I need to seal this hat before I start working on them so they don't unravel plus they need to be painted.  I was thinking of mod podge but I don't think that this will work.  Maybe paraffin, or wood glue.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Actually I just found a hat online that is the perfect shape so I don't need to do all this.  But I still need to seal it with something so I can make it hard and paint it.  suggestions?

I also just made a materials list for this cosplay and I think this will take me all year to put together.  It's a lot of stuff.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:48:58 pm by Drauska »

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »
@Tala: I'll keep that in mind! ^_^ Thank you!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2011, 01:16:36 pm »
Youre welcome lol

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2011, 04:35:27 pm »
OK Forum otakus....I need to take an Asian straw hat and a wide brim from a European/American straw hat and combine them together.  Now the question I have is:  I need to seal this hat before I start working on them so they don't unravel plus they need to be painted.  I was thinking of mod podge but I don't think that this will work.  Maybe paraffin, or wood glue.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Actually I just found a hat online that is the perfect shape so I don't need to do all this.  But I still need to seal it with something so I can make it hard and paint it.  suggestions?

I also just made a materials list for this cosplay and I think this will take me all year to put together.  It's a lot of stuff.

When I need to seal stuff, I usually go for clear self-levelling gel. You can find it at any art store - Golden is a good brand. It dries smooth and clear, and since it's self-levelling you don't have to worry about brush strokes, and it stays a tiny bit flexible so it isn't brittle.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
-hits head on coffee table and looksa t them and dose a tumbs up - new wig obtained dodododododododod < final fantasy music

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »
-hits head on coffee table and looksa t them and dose a tumbs up - new wig obtained dodododododododod < final fantasy music

Which means your Ayase wig is now officially MINE. Denmark won't have to unstyle every time we trade off cosplays now. *so happy* I can leave him all spikey and cool with the hat pinned on semi-permanently now. :D

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2011, 07:57:07 pm »
Got a lot of little things done for my Twilight Sparkle cosplay.... got my shoes touched-up and sealed with a new gloss finish, my cutie mark finished and attached to my tie clip, my horn finished, my headband almost done, and my tights should be coming in any day now!

All that's really left now is fixing up my wig! =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:27 pm »
can i turn you into a my little pony and ride you ...Just kidding I cant wait to see it Twilight sparkle is my fav ^^ and pinki pie i love seeing people cosplay my little pony I find some of the ideas you guys get for making them human looking amazing TAKE pics i want to see ASAP

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »
I went through my cosplay box and found all the pieces for Emo_Schemer's ACTifa that I decided to salvage. Everything can be used except the pants. I just need to make new ones, fix some buttons, re-iron the pleats to the butt cape and take in the sides of the vest. Then make the white undershirt, and Tifa would be pretty much done. That'll be a nice side project.

Next paycheck I'm going to pick out fabric for Milia and Minatsuki, and I'm going to cut out the pieces for Lucy's shirt tonight and possibly sew it tomorrow before work. :]
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:09 am »
I got the eye patch (may need to fix it up a bit to make it more accurate), black boots, and some materials to make the left shoulder armor for my Fujin (FFVIII) cosplay. Now I need to find a blue blazer, navy pants, short silver wig, materials to make her chakram, and red contact lenses. :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:22:30 am by OokamiYami »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2011, 09:54:56 pm »
Got my wig for Rose~

Bah, that's a crappy picture but you can see the color of the wig (It's soooo pretty!). Mostly did it as a makeup test, and also to ask someone to Homestuck Prom. Anyway, Rose is close to done. I have her dress nearly sewn, I just need to redo one of the sleeves (I sewed it on upside down the first time on accident OTL) and add the pink collar, then I'll paint on the Squiddlethulu and sew her sash.

I also made Marie's eyepatch and found some glasses for Nice, plus figured out how I'm going to make Nice's gloves (I think) and how I'm gonna do Marie's skirt. I've got about 50 bucks of babysitting money right now so I'll probably order a wig for them soon.

I made the base of the chest piece for Dolorosa, but I have a question. Has anyone on here used Paperclay before? Because it's recommended by the tutorial I used for the chest piece, but I'm worried it'll be too inflexible. My chest piece does need to be able to stretch and warp a little to get it on, and if Paperclay dries very hard (as I'm assuming it does, since it's sandable) I don't think it'll work. Any other suggestions? I want to cover the outside of the chest piece with something so I can make it smoother and shape the shoulders a little more.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »
Went to home depot today to buy some PVC paraphernalia to make the stand for my home made Dress Form.  There is nothing better then building something in the Plumbing aisle, and then taking the whole thing to the check out.  The guy at the counter was really cool about it so he just started scanning every little piece of it from top to bottom.  Fun day.  Now I have have to put the form on it and stuff it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2011, 10:11:07 pm »
I got to work a little more on my Bass. The neck is close to being done. The frets are on and the white detailing at the top is painted. I need to smooth the lines out and write Rickenbacker on it.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:47 am »
It's ok I've started too. Two days ago. And I'm almost finished :D

Yukina: I have the wig, the kimono, some white stockings and blue sandals. 95%. No pics of any till January

Android 28: I have the wig, the leggings, the earrings and the shoes. Cosplay in progress. 45%

R. Dorothy Wayneright: Wig has shipped. Cosplay in progress. 15%

Lady: Cosplay finished, wig shipped. 95%

Trish: Havent started yet. 0% Angelique: 14%
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:36:54 am by CyberIncision »

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »
What are your measurements? I have one that is way too big for me if you wana buy it off my hands It was originaly $88 at http://www.hellocosplay.com/kingdom-hearts-organization-xiii-13-cosplay-costume-p-81.html <-------------This is what it is. I've only worn it a couple of times. I'd be willing to part with it for $55 Its a medium and was loose on me when my measurements were 30 around the waist now its just ridiculously loose. Message me if you are interested lol.

Sorry, before I read your post we had already gone and purchased me an OrgXIII coat from OneStopAnime (here in Oklahoma). I have pictures! Now I have the wig, the blindfold, a pair of boots that are black and won't look too horrible under the coat, and my sister's oblivion keyblade for photos (and izumicon's cosplay chess). Before anyone says anything mean about Riku using oblivion, I'll just say it now: Riku is the only character that can legally use Oblivion in 358/2 days, and when you do, it's prettymuch riku pwning everything he comes across. Yes. >3

Pictures (One full length shot each item, all closeups are just linked to my FB):
Org Coat -

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293913_228319180559692_100001448365874_640055_78627638_n.jpg

Oblivion (which is missing a link at the very top on one side because our final form sora didn't notice it fall of and therefore didn't pick it up like he did with all the OTHER links that fell off of the other side) -

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293668_228318757226401_100001448365874_640053_1140507961_n.jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/319213_228318370559773_100001448365874_640052_692814339_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311899_228317380559872_100001448365874_640049_1110699796_n.jpg

Now to wait for Taito's pieces to arrive. *twiddles thumbs*

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2011, 01:10:10 pm »
^^ great Key Blade!!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2011, 01:13:50 pm »
OK I added a fourth cosplay, that should be fairly easy to put together.  I'm trying to get a group of Team Fortress 2 Cosplayers.  Hope it works out and we can get a full group with all the classes of characters.  Fingers crossed.  OK this is my final line-up of cosplay.  No more changes.  It's funny I just realized that last month I gave my old hard hat to the Goodwill...how ironic "don't you think"  O Well I can get another or just do an engineers hat.

Chromo could I borrow your black goggles, mine don't seem to fit the character?  The less I have to buy the more I can spend on secret cosplay.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:16:46 pm by Drauska »