Author Topic: Eyebrow Help  (Read 2012 times)

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
Eyebrow Help
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
Next year, my days are going to be Lenalee/Peach/Hinata, so I basically go from my hair being Black/Blonde/Black. Since my hair is naturally dark, and I plan on dying it black again before con, plus I'm getting a wig for Peach, no big deal... Except for my eyebrows. Short or bleaching my eyebrows overnight and then re-dying them, does anyone have an tips or advice for what to do for the color of my eyebrows???
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Eyebrow Help
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »
One option is to bleach them and temp color them black, its going to be halloween soon so temp black hair color should be easy to find.
will think more on it
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »
I have naturally dark dark hair, it would be classified as brown but it at times looks jet black. However, this year I had blonde hair thanks to bleach, but my eyebrows were still dark.
I found that using liquid foundation to lighten your eyebrows then carefully putting a light bronzer over it worked for me. I used an angled eyeshadow/eyeliner brush for it.
My mother has darker skin than I do (I'm so white bleach is jealous) so I used some of her bronzer, it was just dark enough that it blended with the hairs yet just light enough for it to look natural with my blonde hair.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:07:15 pm »
There was a booth at sakuracon that was selling some makeup that you can use all over your face, including your brows to color them. It worked pretty well and was hypoallergenic and stuff. I have the card around somewhere if you want me to dig it out, I can give you who it was :D
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:12:43 pm »
I use the old trick of either a

1} Glue stick, Foundation, Eye Shadow
Example
What you do Is you use the glue stick to glue down your eyebrows to get them into a good shape let the glue dry completely. This may take a few coats of glue. After thats done go over your eyebrows in Foundation usually a darker color then your skin is best this should help hide your eyebrows all together. Lastly you'll draw on your eyebrows in the desired color.
or

2} Glue Stick{Optional} Acrylic Paint - I personally prefer this way
Example
This version I prefer to go over my eyebrows with the glue like the other way. then I just take a thin paint brush and the desired color paint {darker is better because your eyebrows are always naturally darker then your hair; i keep forgetting that XD} And then you just go over your eyebrows in it.

Both come off easily with some warm water and soap.

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »
I also have naturally dark hair/eyebrows, and I've never found any method that I've liked, so what I've done for the last couple years is just get my eyebrows plucked before the con. Not super thin or anything, just thinner than my natural brows.

IMO, a lot of the painted brow methods look really unnatural, but this looks good with almost every color of wig (pure white is hit or miss... Looks good with my bob cut Elizabeth wig, looks kind of bad with my spiky Letter Bee wig). Plus, Peach has bangs that kind of conceal her eyebrows, so it will be even less noticeable.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 10:25:42 am »
Next year I am definitely getting them professionally thinned.  right now they look like a couple caterpillars on my face.  I've heard of the glue stick method, which makes sense since they are non-toxic.  I've seen folks use the glue stick then use water based paints to match the wig color as well.  Good luck.