Author Topic: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3  (Read 128924 times)

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
Re: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:24 pm »
Canada's birthday sounds adorable!
the mall then park plan seems neat! 8D
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »
So the mall-park plan it is~ Maybe on Canada Day? I'd go all out on Canada if that day worked out, maple leaf face paint and everything. :'D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 08:33:21 pm »
XDDD that'd be so beast! We should all dress up like Canada! or some~thing!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 02:12:59 pm »
Actually I'm looking for someone who cosplays America, for a Fanfic Theatre performance in the Creation Station for Sunday night at Kumoricon. We got this fantabulous mindblowingly funny fic in last year, a Steven Colbert-Axis Powers Hetalia crossover, and we're just achin' to see it cosplayed........Can any of you help?
(PS I'm in Eugene, and I still haven't seen APH myself but really want to this summer!)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:20 pm »
@Ageha: 8D That would be like... SUPER SWEET. I can just imagine a mini crowd of Canadas taking over the world day~ Talk about epic and appropriate! <3

@Rem: I'd totally volunteer if I was able to pull off America's... erm, awesome personality but Canada resides deep within my cosplay genes (if that makes any sense); so it'll be quite difficult for me. Sorry and I wish you good luck on finding one!
Omg, if you can find the time (which you won't need much of since each epi is literally five minutes long xD), you should totally look into it!! Every second is worth it, at least I think so.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 04:09:15 pm »
There is always Anime Friday.   ;D  I have Axis Powers Hetalia so you can always come watch it here.  There is always room for more people.  Who knows, you might find a new cosplay idea from watching the newest shows coming out.  It also gives everyone a great weekly spot to organize there cosplay meets and critique each other.  Also we have a sewing machine, a serger, and an embroidery machine and pattern making software.  Just thought I would mention that.  Oh, and yes, we do cosplay.   ;)   We also have an on-site seamstress and graphic artist, who will be giving a panel on using Adobe Illustrator for doing comics using vector graphics at the next KumoriCon.  She may be able to help any budding artists in the area.   :o

So why haven't you come here yet.   ???  Every Friday at 7:00PM in Eugene.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Cosplaylover

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 04:43:48 pm »
Tell me where you might like it at and i could plan it...it would be next month thoe...or later...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:37 pm »
Well so far, we're looking at July 1st, Canada Day. Meeting place will be inside VRC (in front of Regal Cinemas maybe?), probably around 11:30-12. If any of us are hungry, we could eat together at the food court and then head on over to Polk park across from the mall and take pics, enjoy the hopefully lovely weather, and play games like the classic Glomp Circle, Seme-Uke, and other fun stuff. As an alternative for food if anyone is short on cash, we could each bring something to munch on and have a picnic instead. :3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:00 pm »
@Ageha: 8D That would be like... SUPER SWEET. I can just imagine a mini crowd of Canadas taking over the world day~ Talk about epic and appropriate! <3

I have a casual Canada so we can be awesome Canada twins, at least! <3

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:14 pm »
Yay! <3 That'll be just as awesome!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2010, 12:43:24 pm »
DX i feel bad! i haven't been on here in forever!

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »
Welcome back, Tanuki! : D Interested in the plan?

Oh oh! Speaking of which, I should make a list of people who will be able to attend and those who might or might not. Soo~ How many of you are totally game for this and how certain are you about going? Oh, and if you want, mention your cosplay if you're planning on doing one.

@Ageha: Shall I put you down as a confirmed attendee? Pfft, I sound too professional. xD

Attendees
Fuyuko - Canada
Ageha - Canada
Ageha's sister - Russia
Ageha's friend [maybe] - Russia
Tanuki19 - Canada fan
Wuntvor [later]
Vampire-Kameko - Greece
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:54:05 pm by Fuyuko »

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2010, 01:00:52 am »

@Ageha: Shall I put you down as a confirmed attendee? Pfft, I sound too professional. xD

Put me as hell to the yes~! i might be some friends too so that'll be fun <3
im so excited are we still going all out with paint and maple..ness, my canada twin?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2010, 11:55:42 am »
Sweet~~~ You are now officially confirmed, as well as your other friends who might come along! I'm super excited as well. x33

Well, it would be nice to add more recognition to the holiday, and of course Canada; so why not? WE MUST BE NOTICED ON OUR BIRFDAY. ;A; Plus, it'll give us an excuse to play with facepaints. 8D

Oh yeah, is there anyone else wanting to go to this?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:59:23 am by Fuyuko »

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 07:35:22 pm »
Yes, people! Come and frolic among the maple leaves covered in maple syrup with us! You can have some maple syrup~~~~!

have we tried pimping this out to the hetalia thread yet? They might be more inclined to celebrate C' to the Anda's Bday~

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »
Ahh~ that we have not. Brilliant thinking, my twin~

Let us make it known to them! Canada's b-day must be acknowledged! >3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 04:10:38 pm »
OH YEAH, so, gah, summer term for my community college started, taking chemisty DX, and we liek two labs on the 1st,bash in my head now, plz so if our noonish time to meet up could move up the time to around 3ish? ...maybe?

I feel so bad for asking but I really wanna meet up but I can afford to miss those labs. DX

Effing six hours for two labs in one sitting, that should be a crime!

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »
D8 That's ebil! Stupid Chemistry!
But sure, I'll be willing to change the time to 3 if you can't make it otherwise. Plus, it'll give everyone else more time to sleep in and prepare beforehand which I'm not objecting to. xD

So, instead of 11:30 or noon, the time of the meet will be at 3 o'clock! Is everyone ok with that?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »
O my gosh, thank you so much twiny! <3
because someone was going be cut if i couldnt go. and it would have probably be my lab in question. so would of been worth it though. /egyptian rage but not nessessary anymore! :~D yay.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »
wait, so what day is it? XD and where?

and i just joined the facebook group! *tosses confetti in the air*

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »
Okies~ I'll just wait for any others who are interested in this, at least some of the locals who posted here in the first place. xD

July 1st (since it's Canada's birthday)

Plus, it's right dab in the middle of downtown which is nice. We could do that or meet up at Valley River Mall, get some grub and walk to Polk Park right across the bridge. It's the perfect place for photo opportunities. I take pics every time I go there. I personally prefer the latter but it's up to you guys. :3

yes? :3

also, epic canada photoshoot ftw!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 12:19:49 am »
sounds fun! i dont have a Canada cosplay though DX

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 01:30:22 am »
Tehe, my pleasure, twin twin. ^w^

@Tanuki: That's awite. You can support Canada as someone else (or yourself/whatever floats your boat). That'll be just as fun~
Oh btw, shall I add you to the attendee list? :3

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »
of course! i might just have to not come in cosplay because i dont have any finished ones. but i can at least wear a red hoodie! XD

oh! i have the perfect item you Canada twins can pose with! its a little stuffed bear wearing a Canadian sweater. X3 its so cute. i'll post a picture of it as soon as i can, that is if you guys want to use it.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2010, 10:59:40 pm »
Yaayy~ *adds you to the list* And the red hoodie idea sounds great! x3

OMG, bear with a Canadian sweater?? WANTTOSEEPLZ. 8D

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2010, 12:02:08 am »
I can probably come, the question is would you want me to.  A 46 year old guy with three women younger than his daughter, dressed in strange clothes walking in a park.  Nah, nothing wrong with that.   ::)

The only cosplay I really have ready is my Hohenheim.  I won't be able to dye my beard for it though.  That is a KumoriCon, once a year project.  I may wear my wig though....  Or maybe not.  :-\  It gets pretty hot and wearing that long dress coat, long sleeve shirt and vest, and being in the sunshine (please don't rain) It could get really uncomfortable really fast.  Maybe I'll wear the wig in VRC and take it off when we get to the park?  Wait and see.

Does FMA work with Hetalia  ???  Let's see

Edward.  Why did you burn down our house?  >:(
PASTA!   ;D

OK, umm... That's just weird.  :P

Want me to bring my laptop?  I could play AMV's, Hetalia episodes, and Anime Music.  Besides Hohenheim needs some sort of bag to carry.

Let me know if you want me to join your group.  If you think having an old guy participate will feel weird.  I understand.  My daughter has had her "Girl Squad" over at the house many times.  I am actually getting used to it.  I was the narrator for their Sonic the Hedgehog KumoriCon skit a few years ago.  Cream the rabbit, Rouge the bat, and a female Shadow in fishnet stockings.  That was an interesting skit.  Any of you see it?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2010, 07:05:15 am »
oh! i have the perfect item you Canada twins can pose with! its a little stuffed bear wearing a Canadian sweater. X3 its so cute. i'll post a picture of it as soon as i can, that is if you guys want to use it.

ky-uuuute! i wanna see too!

Edward.  Why did you burn down our house?  >:(
PASTA!   ;D

this.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2010, 11:06:56 am »
@Wuntvor: Oh sure, you're more than welcome to tag along for the awesome-tastic adventure. It's not like there's an age limit or anything. And thanks for being considerate of that. :3
And you don't have to bring your laptop unless you feel like it and if it's not too much of a hassle. *shrug*
I'll put you down as a maybe, ok?

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »
@Wuntvor: Oh sure, you're more than welcome to tag along for the awesome-tastic adventure. It's not like there's an age limit or anything. And thanks for being considerate of that. :3
And you don't have to bring your laptop unless you feel like it and if it's not too much of a hassle. *shrug*
I'll put you down as a maybe, ok?

I have just been informed by my instructor that the class that was going to be canceled on the 1st, is now actually going to happen, so I have class from 3:00 - 6:00PM on Thursday the 1st.  :'(    Any idea how long you guys are going to hang at the park?  I can drop in after class if anyone is still there.  You are going to be about 2 miles from my house.  You are almost in Rem Saverem's (Creation Station) back yard.  That park is an easy walk from her place.   ;D

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2010, 09:14:10 pm »
Oh nooo, so sorry to hear that. And it couldn't start at a worser time. D:
I'm not certain how long the meet is going to last. Most likely until people have to leave and go home. I'll probably be hanging around for a while afterwards since I won't have anything else to do and not having to worry about curfew.
Wow, I didn't know how close both of your houses were! Kinda nice to know. : D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2010, 10:48:50 pm »
@fukuyo I like your new slightly modified siggy  ;) also, what were you planning to wear? we should have to cordinate somehow, eh?

I shall probably end up hanging out till every one gets tired of me. lol just chilling is one of my favorite past times, it could go on for hours. but i still an hour drive home so i better keep that in mind! XD

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:14 pm »
Why thank you~ Hehe.
And as for attire, I was thinking of the whole casual red hoodie-oh wait, it's summer. Nevermind then. =w=; Ummmmmmmmmmmmm... I dunno. Didn't really consider any alternatives. o_o;;
Do you have any ideas?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:16 am »
haha good think I brought it up! I was just going to wear a red t-shirt with a white maple leave on it~ maybe find somehow to put 'Canada' on the back..or something..lol

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:07 pm »
Yes, I'm glad you brought it up too. xD;
That sounds simple enough. I'll do the same thing; except with a white shirt and use red stick-on felt and cut out a (attempted) maple leaf. Our shirts will be color-reversed but I think it'll look cool and we'll still look like twins~ x3

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2010, 02:01:17 pm »
considering the fact that i am part canadian, naturally i have a crap load of canadian themed things at my house. XD so i think i'll just stick a bunch of canadian flag stickers on my hoodie and call it good. XD or maybe use a canadian flag as a cape!~

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »
@fukuyo Felt! why didnt I think of that! XD great idea!

@tanuki  that would be so neat! :D

In other news, im going to be bringing my sister, who might be Russia, and maybe one of my guy friends who might be russia as well...yeah, i dont know. (so much russian DX) but anyway, my point was, im gunna paint red maple leaves on one side of our cheeks so we are easily spotted!

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2010, 02:32:34 pm »
@Tanuki: That sounds AWESOME! Can't wait to see you in your part-Canadian glory. : D

@Ageha: Hehe, thank you thank you. Stick-on felt is my best friend. :3
TWO Russias?? Oh no... They're going to make us become one with Russia, da-I mean, eh? D8;;
But srsly, I'm glad at least your sister can come and hopefully your other friend will be able to as well. The more, the merrier~

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2010, 04:45:57 pm »
oh the list of people attending, you can put me as "Canada fan" XD

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2010, 06:34:46 pm »
Haha, done. x3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2010, 06:57:28 pm »
All of this sounds hugely awesome.
Yes I live near Valley River, however on Thursdays I generally work 'til 6 or so.
I will take you up on watching APH (Wuntvor) if I can find a Friday on which I'm off work in time, free, in town, and have slept the night before (having been up literally til 5 am working on Creation Station's Orycon schedule--really).
I actually went to Emerald City Comics yesterday and asked if they had APH for me to rent. They don't; it comes out officially on DVD in 2 months and is around $35-40.
However, while I was there, I put out Orycon publicity cards and picked up The Guild #2. (They were sold out of #s 1 & #3.)

Thanks for the thought, oh you with Canada in your heart, and hey, there may be a willing America out there somewhere. To better enjoy the flavor of the crossover I actually took out from the library "I Am America (And So Can You)" by Stephen Colbert. BTW, the fic is called "A More Perfect Union", and is by animeangelash. I have no idea if it's something y'all can find on the 'net, but if you can, please do, serious giggling shall ensue.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2010, 10:00:03 pm »
To better enjoy the flavor of the crossover I actually took out from the library "I Am America (And So Can You)" by Stephen Colbert.

One of the funniest books i have ever read! i love Colbert! but that sucks you cant go. Oh work. grumble

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2010, 12:20:26 pm »
@Rem: Too bad you can't come! How inconvenient work can be sometimes. Dx
Hm, never heard of that book before. I may check it out since the title alone peaks my curiosity. owo

oslapedo

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 07:47:21 pm »
I'm probably coming to this with Ageha but I'm not into Hetalia so I'm not sure what cosplay I should wear :,X

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »
hey buddy! wear...naoto?

oslapedo

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »
I could if it's not too hot but without other DOGS cosplayers I'd just look like some random lolita~

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2010, 09:37:39 pm »
snorlax? haha i found my leggings btw, if you still needed them?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2010, 10:08:17 am »
its tomarrow! im super excited!

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »
Me and Maddie put together a Greece cosplay for me~! :D Seeya there!

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay Adventure June 19th *updated*
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2010, 06:24:13 pm »
YAAAY! I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!! I'm happy more of you are coming too. : DD
Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Internet died again (like the tenth time this month). D<*

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:26 pm »
sucky internet is sucky!

lol getting posses together are fun. so tomarrow we shall make everyone know its canda's bday (143 years old or something! XD) and buy candy then eat it >.> then, photoshoot it up, then play some games and have a merry ol time! <3

we need to think up games! and whats polk park like, Fuyuko? i dont think i have been there before!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:59:20 pm by AgehaIX »