Author Topic: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3  (Read 128303 times)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay Adventure June 19th *updated*
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2010, 09:13:47 pm »
@Ageha: Totally. I hope we can find maple candy. That would be just... 83
But yeah, games games... We can play the good con classics like the Glomp Circle, Malaria's (I believe) SemeUke, and fun outdoor-sy games like Daruma-san ga koronda (aka Red light-Green light). Besides those, I can't think of any other good ones.
Polk Park is very green and spacious, perfect for running around and taking pics. The roses should be in bloom, I think. :3

Oh, and to everyone going: we're meeting tomorrow at 3 inside VRC right outside the Regal Cinemas entrance. Here's my cell to contact me by: 541-954-0141. Be sure to let me know who you are and that you're from the forums. :3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
Re: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:45 pm »
maple candy~! im pretty sure there is a couple pieces somewhere in that mall! ah shizea, i better charge my camera~

ah~ C-twin~ your so organized.
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2010, 12:04:01 am »
Tehe, thank you, my twin. <3 I'm really trying, being that it's the first meet I've ever organized. ^_^ *feels proud*

Oh yeah, as for the "face paint" idea, I'm going to go slightly less extreme and just doodle on myself using a red marker. That's the closest I can get to face painting. xD;

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2010, 07:11:31 am »
I can always bring my little 'on the go' sized red paint and paint anyone who want to be! I think I was going to bring it just in case anyway!

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2010, 12:02:08 pm »
NICE. That would be awesome of you! ^.^

Oh btw, HAPPY CANADA DAY, EVERYONE! <3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2010, 04:57:05 pm »
Yay! i had so much fun im glad i went and everything! we shall def. have to this again, i would post the pics i took before i have to work in like, a half and hour but i am WAYYYYYYYY to busy Spazzing over Kuroshitsuji 2. HOLY CRAP
BEST NEW SERIES EVER?
IMMA THINKING SO!!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:48:18 pm by AgehaIX »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I had plenty of fun as well~
I wish I had been a better leader but I'll work on those skills for the next meet. ^_^ I'm already thinking of plans! (Nah, I'm not eager at all. =w= )

Oh, there's a new season? o: Hm, I may have to give the anime series a chance since I felt kinda "meh" on the manga. It may change my perspective on the series. :3

I took a ton of vid and piccies; so I'll post them up soon as well.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:25 pm »
Mah pics! http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=129597303&albumId=2632226

yeah, its on my myspace, dont judge me. >.>

anyway, pffft! Fuyu, you were a great leader! so dont even worry about it! And I'm glad you had fun too, I mean, my group already all know eachother and I felt really bad, hoping you woulndt feel left out or something and if you did, DX im so sorry! I also talk a lot so I'm sorry if that got annoying as well XD
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:57:53 pm by AgehaIX »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2010, 07:37:22 am »
Yaay you got a ton~ Super awesome shots there!

Here be my little collection. Vids are still uploading. =w=

R-really? I was? THANK YOUUU. It makes me so happy to hear that. 8'D <3
And no no, I didn't feel that left out. I was too much in attempted leader/hostess mode; so I was more concerned with everyone else. You guys were an entertainment to watch btw. xD

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2010, 02:04:27 pm »
You guys were an entertainment to watch btw. xD

We get that a lot for some reason! XD

and hey! you got a lot of good shots too! I liked your pink camera, pink is my favorite color.
and gah, videos, I know, I try not to think about those. i do have that one outside Wet Seal but I dont know if I have the time to upload it at the second, espeically on this old laptop I call my own. its crashed twice and its still running, I'm proud.

I'd like to have another meet up sometime, rather it be in eugene or at a con even~

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »
Hehe, it's because you guys are not afraid to show that you're having a good time. That's how I see it at least. ^_^

Hooray for pink! It's my favorite color as well. I prefer the softer shades like cherry blossom. That's the color of my room. <3

Yesyesyes definitely! Maybe another one towards the end of summer, or the beginning of fall? There can be like, different themes for each season as well. OMGHALLOWEENCOSPLAYTRICKORTREAT OMGOMGOMG- *slap* Wow, I'm getting ahead of myself here. o_o; Or we can just meet sometime soon-ish. xD;

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2010, 05:28:51 pm »
Im more of a hot pink girl myself but thats just because I love loud things. lol

Different themes for each season? oh, Fuyu, your so creative! XD

HALLOWEEN! We were planning to go up to Eugene for the 31st for a while. To run around in the big city and visit a friend who was going to move up there for school but shes not going to any more but i think we were still going to go up there regardless! so : D more likey then one would think! Last holloween we were all vampire vocaloids. twas great.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2010, 08:29:01 pm »
I didn't look at the forums so I missed this ;-;

Shall we do another?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2010, 08:34:59 pm »
@Ageha: Wahaha, I was just blabbering but thank you. xD
OMGRLY?? oo: It would be amazing if we could all meet up and go trick or treating!! My neighborhood is a hot spot for all that fun, plus it's super safe; so maybe we could do something like that. : D
And lol, vampire Vocaloids. <3 Sounded like a good time. x3

@Sora: Hello hello~ Yes, we're definitely planning on another meet, and soon; so there will be plenty of fun times waiting ahead. :3
We just need to come up with a good day that will work for everyone and how soon we want it to be.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »
awesome :DD

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:15 pm »
I just got excited for halloween all over again! but I'm still not sure what I wanna go as! At first I wanted to be Yumie from Hellsing (who is a nun) and then the other day I wanted to find a viking costume and be Viking Norway. wah~ but thats just me, we shall probably have another theme this year!

also, going to your neighborhood sounds really fun! XD but knowing us, we shall probably end up wandering to god knows where but we shall try and behave ourselves! haha

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2010, 02:14:44 pm »
I'm going to be Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon for Halloween :D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:24 pm »
i really wanna see that movie!! DDDDX but i would fit in if i was Viking Norway! : D
i love matching people.

What do you usually do for halloween, Soramune?

I really want to go to a haunted house >.>

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:46 pm »
Usually, my best friend has a halloween party and then we go trick-or treating :D The night before, we go to the coooornmaze >8D

Just Sora is fine xD That's my name :D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2010, 08:39:57 pm »
Halloween party?! i wish my group was cool enough to have a party. And i have been to the Eugene cornmaze before! : D it was way fun! hopefully all of us can hook up and... have fun together! yay~

and i was going to put Sora at first but then i was like, wait that might be too informal. haha but now i know, thanks.  ;)

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:11 pm »
Yeah :DD But closer to now, who's wanting a cosplay meetup this month?

Sora is goooooood xD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 12:59:15 am »
i feel sooooo sorry for missing the meet! DX my best friend and i had plans and we didnt make it to the mall in time. oh well. i'll be sure to make the next one! whenever that is

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2010, 08:32:00 am »
I've said it many times before, but I'll repeat it again.

Anime Friday - Every Friday night at 7:00pm.  Come by and watch Anime with us.  Cosplay is encouraged, but not required.

WE HAVE AC!

Will be meeting again tonight.  Plan to have First Episode Theater to show all of the new series coming out this month.

PM, E-Mail, or just plain reply, if interested.

This is in Eugene.  I have been doing it for 5 years now.  Bring your friends with you.  Parents welcome.  Yada Yada Yada
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2010, 11:30:10 am »
AC?!
Too bad I have work..

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »
AC?!
Too bad I have work..

Air Conditioning = AC

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »
I know, lol I was just too excited.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2010, 11:09:12 pm »
@Ageha: Haha, well there's a nice big playground at my old elementry school which is conveniently located in my neighborhood; so you guys can get away with a ton of shenanegans there. x3

@Sora: That sounds similar to my Halloween plans; except the parties are always held at my place and are hosted by both me and my bff. xD
It would be so sweet to throw a party and have that be the meet, plus the trick or treating AND corn maze! Oh oh! And haunted house! : DD *is getting into it*

@Tanuki: Ah, I figured something came up. No worries. There's always the next meet. :3

Speaking of which, YES, a meet must be in order! I've been thinking and planning on having a picnic or something like that. It doesn't have to be a picnic but you know, something summer-oriented. (having popsicles in the sun, getting a tan while throwing ball, etc.) What do you guys think? :3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2010, 12:35:21 am »
It would be so sweet to throw a party and have that be the meet, plus the trick or treating AND corn maze! Oh oh! And haunted house! : DD *is getting into it*

Fuyu, i totally love you. If we did end up doing all that, it would serious be one the best days/nights of my life. I adore doing alot of stuff at night time. party night owl here

ALSO, picnic! good idea! but we are coming from an hour away so im not sure how well food will travel with us? (food is not my specialty, unless its eating it) but tanning and playing sports is what summer is all about, me and sahara (oslapeso, who was iceland) live for summer so we are game for all the above. we have rollar blades and serverly underused Air Gear cosplay (rollar blade anime pretty much lol its fab) so thatd be a fun thing. so all in all i approve.
i pretty much work on weekends, and i dont think i can ask for days off for a while considering i just started that job about 3 weeks ago? so......;A;

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2010, 05:29:14 pm »
yes, lets! I'm at a musical theatre camp for the next two weeks, but after that... I'm free :DD
The idea of a picnic is wonderful! maybe at Hendricks park so we can have som shade as well :DD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2010, 12:52:02 am »
yes, i prefer much shade. i am really pale and prefer not to turn from paper white to tomato red. XD

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2010, 04:17:44 am »
@Ageha: Well then, we could arrange to make that happen somehow. ^_^ WHOOP. NIGHT OWL POWAH. x3
And yeah, it wouldn't be a brilliant idea to bring refrigerated or frozen foods on a one hour drive; especially during the summer. :/ Since I'm local and will arrive quicker, I or other locals could be in charge of that. Now, if coolers weren't such a pain to carry around without a car, I'd totally bring one along with me on the bus... but no.
It would be awesome if you guys brought fun outdoor games if you have any good ones. That'll mean less sitting around bored and more activity! So yeah, that seems like something more of your forte that you could be in charge of. :3

@Sora: Musical theatre camp? That sounds so amazingly fun!! Musicals are the best! Enjoy that last week. ^.^
Hm, I'm not as familiar with Hendrick's Park but it does seem like a more ideal picnic location with the heat wave and all. Yeah, Hendrick's Park it is. :3

So it sounds like we'll have to have the meet a bit later-ish according to some schedules. Perhaps near the end of this month or the beginning of the next?
I'll be gone by mid August for my trip to Canada; so if anyone prefers to have the meet around that time and wants to plan ahead for it, be my guest~

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2010, 08:35:14 am »
yes, lets! I'm at a musical theatre camp for the next two weeks, but after that... I'm free :DD
The idea of a picnic is wonderful! maybe at Hendricks park so we can have som shade as well :DD

Hendricks Park would be awesome.  If you want to go out to eat The Empire Buffet is on Franklin right next to where you turn to go to the park.  I highly recommend it for those who like Asian cuisine.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2010, 11:33:04 pm »
@Sora: Musical theatre camp? That sounds so amazingly fun!! Musicals are the best! Enjoy that last week. ^.^
Hm, I'm not as familiar with Hendrick's Park but it does seem like a more ideal picnic location with the heat wave and all. Yeah, Hendrick's Park it is. :3
Yeah! Y'all in Eugene should come to our shows! The first one is Wednesday at 2:00, in the south eugene high auditorium. The second is Friday, not sure of the time just yet. I'll keep you updated. They are two different shows with completely different numbers, so coming to both is encouraged.

I'm not that much either, but it's pretty and shady and we can cosplay there and happy happy joy joy. So maybe we should plan for, say, the 30th? in the early afternoon?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2010, 01:02:07 am »
I have to work on the 30th ;-; and im kinda saving up my time off for Kcon and a Lady gaga concert in august... (OMG THATS NEXT MONTH! o.O) If it was on that sunday, or thursday or something... thatd be good ^^;

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2010, 01:05:03 am »
"thursday or something"?
That was unclear. Do you mind me asking you to clarify?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2010, 01:10:36 am »
mmm, like, everyday is good for me, except fridays and saturdays~ So if not the 30th, maybe the 29th? or the 1st?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2010, 09:52:23 pm »
I saw some blond buying manga at Walden books in the VRC, Friday afternoon. I didn't say hi, as it would look creepy. But I thought about asking what was good in manga, as I just watch anime now. And I didn't feel like being embarrassed by asking if you knew of me from these forums, only to find out this person had never heard of these forums.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2010, 04:00:31 pm »
the 29th sounds good :D

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:45 pm »
I'm not sure about the 29th but I'll see how chaotic things will get for me... cuz there's going to be another event I'm going to the very next day... and it's in Portland. Plus, I'm a bridesmaid for my bff and the other bridesmaids and I are planning on throwing a bridal shower the day after that. Not to mention the wedding being four days later. Eep. o_o;

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »
well Im fine waiting a little longer~ but im busy on the weekend of August 19thish, lady gaga concert in portland, ho yeah. but otherwise, tally ho!

bridal party, wahhh, thats sounds so fun! i hope you guys have just that!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2010, 09:23:46 pm »
yeah, i'm going to the beach from august 21 to 28 so i'll be busy then...

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2010, 10:19:22 pm »
I was simply thinking of a sooner event because I need to get my cosplay wigglies out, ahaha. I'm dying from lack of costume!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2010, 11:24:37 pm »
Oh gosh, I don't think I noticed this thread before, or if I did I forgot. >.< Anyway, I totes agree that there need to be more meetups here! I'm off on Sundays and almost every other day I can do stuff in the morning/ early-mid afternoon times too~ I'm just gonna be busy on August 1st for FaerieWorlds and on August 15th for the Scandinavian Fest~

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2010, 10:20:54 am »
Scandinavian Fest?! say whaa?! details please!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2010, 11:01:17 am »
Oooh yeah~ It's super fun. It's in Junction city over the weekend of August 12-15. The site is uuuuh here~ http://www.scandinavianfestival.com/ Admission is free and they have tons of fun stuff and Scandinavian food and yeah~ We went last year and had a lot of fun. <3

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2010, 12:18:24 pm »
Omaigod. i sooo wanna gooo!! take me with you! ;A; would you guys be cosplaying or just be street cloths? I could don my Iceland cosplay, or maybe even my Norway would be here by then! : D

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2010, 01:22:15 pm »
Oooh yeah~ It's super fun. It's in Junction city over the weekend of August 12-15. The site is uuuuh here~ http://www.scandinavianfestival.com/ Admission is free and they have tons of fun stuff and Scandinavian food and yeah~ We went last year and had a lot of fun. <3

And then after KumoriCon there is always The Mt. Angel Oktoberfest.

Quite a bit bigger than the Scandinavian Festival, but pretty much the same stuff.  Go to the church!  It is AWESOME!   :o   It would be so much fun to take some Trinity Blood or Chrono Crusade cosplay pics in there.  They often have a harpist and a flutist play and sing celtic music during Oktoberfest.  One time they had The Bells of the Cascades play the bells in there.  That was really nice.  They have Alpine-horns there every year as well.  Don't forget your weiderhosen!   ;D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:18:02 am by Wuntvor »

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2010, 03:36:56 pm »
Omaigod. i sooo wanna gooo!! take me with you! ;A; would you guys be cosplaying or just be street cloths? I could don my Iceland cosplay, or maybe even my Norway would be here by then! : D

Haha you should gooooo~ I dunno, we could totally make a cosplay day out of it~ <3 I'm definitely going on the 15th so if anyone else wants to go that day that'd be awesome too~ <3 Oh gosh, Nordic cosplay would be so cool~ I haven't gotten around to making Finland yet lol. I sorta put him off for couple of cons.

And wow, Oktoberfest looks cool! I'd totally go, but I think I'm doing Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire the weekend before, so I might not make it. -might be dead tired-

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »
Whaaa~ All of those festivals sound so fun! *o*

I've never been to FaerieWorlds and I'm super curious about it! I'm so tempted to cosplay England and go ga ga over everything... but I don't think I will. xD I'll just go ga ga as a faerie or some other mythical creature. I'm not sure if I'll go since the tickets are a bit on the pricey range but... ohh it's so tempting! >_<

I'll see if I can make it to the Scandinavian Fest somehow since I'll be leaving for Canada right before then... Oh wait, I can't go on the 15th cuz my company's picnic is on that day. Crap. D'x Oh well, I can always go on another day. And OMG, cosplaying there sounds so... ideal; especially the Nordics. I wanna go as one of them now~ <3

This motivates me to go to festivals more often now. :3

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:44 pm »
Yeah, Faerieworlds is a bit pricey but it's a lot of fun! I love all of the costumes~ Oh gosh, yeah, I forgot you said you were going to Canada! How cool! Well darn. You should totally go to more festivals and stuff though. Andtotallyhangoutwithme~ XDD