Author Topic: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3  (Read 129018 times)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Re: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »
Would you say it's worth the money? Cuz I may go if it is. :'3
What day(s) are you going cuz we can totally meet up and have fun dancing with everyone. x3

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2010, 06:10:23 pm »
Hmmm, personally I think it is. I love it. We go on Sunday since it's my day off~ There are three separate days, Good Faerie day, Bad Faerie day and Family day which is Sunday. Sunday is sort of a mix up of everything. n.n

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2010, 06:41:12 pm »
Ah... I have a bridal shower planned on that Sunday. Dang it. D8 Well, I could go on Bad Faeries Day anyway... I'll think about it since the Celtic music ringing through my ears is beckoning me to go. >_<
And we can always find another excuse to hang out, right? xD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2010, 10:52:01 pm »
the Scandinavian Festival is the love of my life! i've been going there every year since i was a baby!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:18 pm »
@Fuyuko: Oh well darn! XD But yes, yes! We must find another good excuse to hang out!

@Tanuki: OMG it's so cool, isn't it? Last year was my first year~ I fell in love and honestly, I've been waiting all year for it to happen again. XD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:37 pm »
waiting 2 hours in line for ableskevers is SO worth it!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »
Oooh my gosh, it so is. Haha we got an aebelskiver pan for christmas last year, so we've made them a few times but I can't wait to have the ones from Sacndi fest~ X3

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2010, 11:41:33 pm »
you just can't top the ones they make there! and that JAM!!!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2010, 11:42:13 pm »
Oh I know! So delicious! Lol I can't waiiiit~

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2010, 11:46:39 pm »
i'm also really excited for the lane county fair! X3

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2010, 11:48:44 pm »
Oh wow, that's really soon isn't it? I think I heard an ad for it recently. I probably won't get to go because of all of the other events and working on con stuff~ T.T

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2010, 11:52:13 pm »
that sucks. DX i never go for the rides, i go just to run around with my friends and see the bunnies! X3

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2010, 11:54:17 pm »
Aww that's still awesome though! Have fun! Also, I never said so before, but a Halloween meet up sounds really cool. XD Someone mentioned it earlier.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2010, 03:43:02 pm »
I'm going to the county fair :DD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2010, 11:44:54 pm »
Hiya! My name is Bailee. I moved in with my aunt in April. I was (still sorta is) part of the Central Oregon cosplay club.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2010, 01:45:05 pm »
Welcome!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:19 pm »
Hi Bailee~ It's cool to see you here! 8D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2010, 01:58:22 pm »
YO! its fun to have new people! i hope we can meet you face to face soon~! and have awesome cosplaying parties!

Where did you live before? and what was ur other cosplay group like? : D
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »
A fashionably late welcome to you, Bailee~ :3

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »
augh so late it's not fashionable welcome C:
Hi Bailee! I'm Sora.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:27 pm »
Sooo, uhhh... Has this topic turned from "meet-up in Eugene" to "which events are fun in Eugene?"?

A Eugene meet-up doesn't require any special event.  In fact, considering it doesn't happen much, it might be better to do something more casual first.  For instance, Toshi's Ramen and the Sushi Station are both good places to just meet and hang out and talk about fan stuff.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:50 pm »
Sooo, uhhh... Has this topic turned from "meet-up in Eugene" to "which events are fun in Eugene?"?

A Eugene meet-up doesn't require any special event.  In fact, considering it doesn't happen much, it might be better to do something more casual first.  For instance, Toshi's Ramen and the Sushi Station are both good places to just meet and hang out and talk about fan stuff.

I wouldn't say that~ It's just cool to know what events people are going to because then you can plan to possibly go together if you're attending the same event. I'd say that qualifies as a sort of meet-up too~

Also yeah, I love Sushi Station and go there fairly often anyway~ It would be a great place for a meet-up. Toshi's is pretty good, too. n.n

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2010, 01:59:16 am »
I wouldn't say that~ It's just cool to know what events people are going to because then you can plan to possibly go together if you're attending the same event. I'd say that qualifies as a sort of meet-up too~

Also yeah, I love Sushi Station and go there fairly often anyway~ It would be a great place for a meet-up. Toshi's is pretty good, too. n.n

I'm just speaking from personal experience. If you meet up to do something casual, the focus can be on the meeting part; if you do a bigger event then the focus is on the event. And the bigger the event, the harder it is to run into people. Doesn't mean you can't go together, but it has to be very intentional.

That said, I'm considering going to Faerieworlds. It's just the expense that concerns me.

Which would people like more: ramen or sushi? Having been to Japan I can say that Toshi's is pretty authentic. I haven't been to Sushi Station in years, so I dunno.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:59 am »
I went to Terry's Anime Friday last night for the first time in years, & it was awesome. There are now 2 new shows I'd enjoy following, that I never would've heard of. Meantime I will be at the Sunday of Faerieworlds to see my pals' pirate band, Man Overboard. Radien, are you in Free Shakespeare again? Albeit that Macbeth is quite gloomy, I always go for AnnMarie's costuming & performances, & usually in garb.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »
Ahh Toshi's. I've only been there once and it happened to have been at a cosplay meet-up but I ate right before and I so badly wanted to try it. I even ordered a bowl and tried to enjoy it but I was too full. x'D
I've never been to Sushi Station and I've heard some good things about it; so I'm up for trying that.

@Radien: I personally prefer sushi since it's a healthier choice but I wouldn't mind ramen either. They're both equally yummy. :3

But yeah, Radien brings up a good point. We could do something quick and casual instead of planning something bigger that takes more time and effort to organize but I also want to at least do something special before the end of summer.

So, back to planning~ For the next upcoming meet, should we go for something simple like going out to eat and wandering downtown, or do something bigger like a picnic and all that jazz? We could do both too; first the casual meet, then the bigger one to celebrate the end of summer? What do you guys think?

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »
This is true~ Both sound really, really cool. I prefer sushi as well. Toshi's is really good also though!

Oh wow, a picnic sounds really fun too. I'm up for whatever option ends up being best for everyone else~

@Rem: Oh yayyy~ We might see you at Faerieworlds then!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »
YAY! Keep an eye out
Or text me 541 606 0318 to find me there

I will probably next be at Terry's 2 weeks from yesterday & would love company. I might be bringing a couple who are friends of mine from another part of my life, the guy would be new to anime, they cosplay like faeries & stuff though, & are going to FW w/me. They are 18 & from Medford

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »
Let's do something like wandering around when it cools down a bit, so we can wear wigs without dying.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »
Well on the bigger events, we were just saying, 'hey, thats coming up!' and then others were like, 'woah! sounds cool' but we werent really planning to all try and go, right? im pretty sure ._.

And im up for anything too! but i do love running around like a maniac so id probably be more suited to the park and picnics but im just being self centered! XD Im fine with whatever yall want! as long as we all do it together~! <3

The only eugene resturauntsi have been to are the food court at the VR mall,but those dont count and surrounding resturaunts there only the mexican ones. yum. haha ^^; so diversity and new discoveries would also be fun!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2010, 02:54:10 am »
I went to Terry's Anime Friday last night for the first time in years, & it was awesome. There are now 2 new shows I'd enjoy following, that I never would've heard of. Meantime I will be at the Sunday of Faerieworlds to see my pals' pirate band, Man Overboard. Radien, are you in Free Shakespeare again? Albeit that Macbeth is quite gloomy, I always go for AnnMarie's costuming & performances, & usually in garb.

No, I'm not involved in it this year. Hmmm... we really need to talk sometime. I think I've inadvertently left you out of the loop of a lot of stuff.  Drop me a line?  Phone maybe?

Well on the bigger events, we were just saying, 'hey, thats coming up!' and then others were like, 'woah! sounds cool' but we werent really planning to all try and go, right? im pretty sure ._.

Hey, no problem! I think the conversation was just flowing as they are apt to do.  After all, it's summer and we all wanna get out and do stuff, with or without an organized group, right?

I suggest we go out to eat and then figure out a place to hang out after that. A park, a mall, or whatever. It depends on what people feel like and what transportation is available.

@Radien: I personally prefer sushi since it's a healthier choice but I wouldn't mind ramen either. They're both equally yummy. :3

Well, it's not the healthiest thing in the WORLD, per se, but... surely it's not exactly horrible?  It seems awfully similar to chicken noodle soup in its ingredients, so I always assumed it was nutrionally similar... (and yes, I know chicken noodle soup is high in sodium)

But I second your notion: sushi and traditional ramen are both equally yummy, so I'll take either. :) I realize sushi has some cult popularity amongst anime fans, and I've been wanting to try out Sushi Station.

We could do both too; first the casual meet, then the bigger one to celebrate the end of summer? What do you guys think?

I am totally down for that. 100% of the above post. How about Sushi Station within the next two weeks?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:54:31 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2010, 12:16:32 pm »
Sushi station sounds good :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2010, 02:45:00 pm »
@ Soramunesanzun: Hey wow I just realized you are the same gal from the Dr Who cosplay thread. Which means you live near me & maybe you could even help me with my intended epic cosplay of the TARDIS!!!

I have to bow out of anything involving sushi. For 12 years my best friend was a fish. A green severum, South American cichlid. She died in late May, may she rest in peace, be well-reborn, & find me again. I could handle Toshi's sometime, as they can make a vegetarian broth (I think).

@ Radien, just PM me, or call/text 541 606 0318. I'm sure you've left me out of many loops. However I remember running into you at Roving Park Players last year. Are you going tonight?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »
@Rem: Hmm~ The next two weeks sounds good to me so far. When that draws near and we settle on a day, I'll see what my schedule looks like. :3

@Genki: Hey hey! Guess what? The bridal shower for my friend got moved up to the seventh; so that means... I'm totally free to go to FaerieWorlds on the same day as you! : DDD *happy dance*

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
I'll bring the plecostamii from my fish tank if someone will eat them. If they were trout they would be keepers.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2010, 12:56:48 pm »
@ Soramunesanzun: Hey wow I just realized you are the same gal from the Dr Who cosplay thread. Which means you live near me & maybe you could even help me with my intended epic cosplay of the TARDIS!!!

I have to bow out of anything involving sushi. For 12 years my best friend was a fish. A green severum, South American cichlid. She died in late May, may she rest in peace, be well-reborn, & find me again. I could handle Toshi's sometime, as they can make a vegetarian broth (I think).

Yeah! Me and ainekatt (the girl doing jamie/sarah jane) both live in eugene :D So we can go box-hunting sometime, for sure!

I actually don't like sushi that much, I was just intending to get a soda or something and chat with other people haha. Toshi's does have vegetarian options.

Also, just because we're cosplaying doesn't mean we have to eat japanese food. We could all go to subway or something, too :D

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2010, 01:11:58 pm »
@Rem: Will do! I'm so excited!

@Fuyuko: Oh my gosh that's awesome! You have my number so you can text me, right? It would be awesome to see you there~ 8D

Also, Sushi station has a pretty varied menu of things other than sushi for those who may not like it~ It is true though, that we don't have to eat Japanese food. XD Something like Subway would be less expensive, also.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2010, 01:20:36 pm »
less expensive,
We are poor teenagers who spend what little money we have on cosplay.

Those two words are good words.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2010, 03:19:00 pm »
@Genki: Yup yup, I has it~ I'll totally text you once I get there. I'm really excited now! x3

Food-wise, I'm fine with anything; so wherever we end up going, I'll tag along happily. :3
I like the idea of going to a cheaper place though. Like Sora, I've become more attracted to the words "less expensive" and any other words associated with them. Cosplay. <- The epidemy of expensive.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2010, 05:25:29 pm »
@Fuyuko: Yayyy! I'll be looking forward to it! <3

@Soramunesanzun: Ahaha yes. I am very much attracted to the less expensive as well~ XD

On another note, I went to Toshi's today and had their cold ramen for the first time. It was heavenly~ <3 I can find something that I'll like just about anywhere probably, so I'm down with wherever! n.n

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2010, 08:18:40 pm »
I am minding expenses as well; a pal is coming in from L.A. for me this week. I won't have free time until after I go to Faerieworlds on Sunday, though I look forward to meeting anyone who's there.
I'm glad there's cold ramen; it's too hot for soup.
And
WOO HOOOOO!! Heck yeah I am all about having help for Project: TARDIS.

Are there any movies out, or coming out, that folks might want to see together?
I haven't seen Last Airbender, for example.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »
I was really hoping to get rid of those fish.

Sunday through Thursdays are out for me. The place doesn't matter.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2010, 09:13:20 pm »
@rem If I find a refrigerator box, I'll save it for you.

Ugh. Not The Last Airbender, please. It hurts my soul.

@jay so we can only do fridays and saturdays?

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2010, 10:32:22 pm »
Ugh. Not The Last Airbender, please. It hurts my soul.

I second this.

but F and S are no gos for me and my crew. D :

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »
So no matter what at least one person won't be able to go.

Okay, cool. Just gonna look at my calendar and throw out a couple of ideas:

Wednesday the fourth or thereabouts, cosplay wanderings? We could go to VRC and eat there, go to various stores and otherwise wander, and then possibly see a movie? + take pictures. We could do some at the mall and also go over to the park and river.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2010, 02:13:34 am »
Sunday is out for me, but here's my advice: whoever decides to head this up, pick a time, and announce it. Yes, someone will always be unable to go. The important part is how many people CAN go, not who can't. For the people who can't go, there will always be next time. It's better than canceling the fun this time.

I will encourage this by saying: pick a time, and if I can come, I will. If not, no biggie. The important part is knowing (and knowing is half the battle).

@Rem: Mwahaha, Project TARDIS. Hope to see that. Glad I caught you on Facebook; I'll text you sometime too.

Apollo Justice

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2010, 03:46:57 am »
I'm just gonna take the helm and say this is set for wednesday the 4th. meet at noon outside the wig store at vrc?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2010, 04:02:54 am »
I'm just gonna take the helm and say this is set for wednesday the 4th. meet at noon outside the wig store at vrc?

Eh, the mall seems kinda lame, but I've got nothing against VRC, and we can always migrate. I didn't know they had a wig store, either, and wigs are pretty central to cosplayer culture, I must acknowledge.

I can do early in the day on the 4th as you suggested.  Unless there is mass opposition to the date, I'll see you there!

Apollo Justice

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2010, 06:30:44 am »
The park across the river is pretty awesome for pictures.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2010, 11:01:13 am »
Thanks for stepping up sora! someones gatta!

the 4th is all clear for me! also, its good that we can meet somewhere we all know of. for some like me who has no sence of direction and isnt actully from eugene, its nice to not have to navigate through foreign territory.. hehe ^^; midday would probably when me and my crew would show up.

also~ does it matter what kind of cosplay we bring, like is it going to be whatevr you want, righto?

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2010, 02:24:03 pm »
No problem xD I have this compulsion to organize events haha you should see my ical for the month before kcon.

So, show up at noon-ish, we'll stick around there for about fifteen minutes or so. Otherwise just look for the group of cosplayers in the mall xD

Bring whatever, man! :D I'm gonna wear sailor moon, for the reference of other people. Also, I'm bringing a good number of people who aren't on this thread too, so bring aaaaall the people you want!