Author Topic: Doubletree 2008 - New Hotel Thread  (Read 55502 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Doubletree 2008 - New Hotel Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 04:06:57 pm »
This last Sunday.
September 23rd.

Keep in mind that the snazzy modern interior shots you're seeing are the Executive Meeting Center. A small corner of the convention space. The area by the ballrooms is not nearly as new and has a darker, wood paneled theme.

To get a better idea of the convention space...... check out these pictures from 2005!
Aurora's pictures
http://photobucket.com/albums/b66/Kiku_Chan/KumoriCon2005/

Neko_Chan's pictures
http://photobucket.com/albums/v701/carolineacree/Kumoricon%202005/?start=all

val's pictures
http://val.godshut.com/gallery/kumoricon05

The Executive Meeting Center is really great, but the only event we had back there in 2005 was the Creation Station. This year we're so much bigger (too big according to the numbers!) that we'll be using a lot more of this high tech space.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:14:04 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 01:09:45 am »
The grated stairwell looks like enough to cause some people vertigo.  I can't tell from the picture, but the looks of it make me think it's an exposed stairwell.  Are they all like that, or just a few?  It also looked like you were high enough up to tell if keycard access worked/was required.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2007, 07:28:37 am »
None of the stairwells needkeycards to get from floor to floor. They just don't have much access to the convention space.

The south stairwell empties into the parking garage.
The S. Central stairwell empties onto the street (but you can enter on the 2nd floor)
The N. Central stairwell empties onto the 2nd floor through a one-way door and the 1st floor is employees only.
The North stairwell has a fire alarm on the 1st floor but is open all the way up from the 2nd to the 8th floor.

Keycards don't come into the picture but they're not too useful unless you're going from guest room to guest room.

The landing in the above picture is what separates the stairwell door from the hallway door on the north stairwells. The stairwell is fully enclosed on both. This is kind of a "smokers landing" that allows free access in and out between the floors.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 02:56:10 pm »
None of the stairwells needkeycards to get from floor to floor. They just don't have much access to the convention space.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hated that part of the hilton this year... ;.; the elivators where torture and i had to make sure my friends who had a room in the hilton were with me when ever i used the stairs, and they werent there all the time though
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2007, 10:51:49 am »
For anyone that had parking trouble at the elections, there are $3.00 validation cards that were given to use for the meeting. If the hotel provides these at future meetings it should save some hassle for those of you who couldn't find street parking nearby and didn't want to risk the car at Lloyd center.

I'm going to talk to our next Facilities liaison about parking as well.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 08:39:48 pm »
I have pictures of our slick new Hotel.....
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/TomtheFanboy/Kumoricon%202008/Hotel%202008/

Guess who learned when not to use the flash on his camera. >_<

I'm a big fan of this shot.

(links fixed)

DEFINATELY NOT FOND OF THIS PICTURE.
panty flashes galoure.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/TomtheFanboy/Kumoricon%202008/Hotel%202008/

(links fixed)

panty flashes galoure.

It's only slightly worse then 2007.  That entire second floor above the lobby had full glass handrail support, offering excellent views from only a little to the side.  The bottom line is you should just plan that someone will eventually see you from beneath and dress accordingly.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 08:20:27 pm »

(links fixed)

panty flashes galoure.

It's only slightly worse then 2007.  That entire second floor above the lobby had full glass handrail support, offering excellent views from only a little to the side.  The bottom line is you should just plan that someone will eventually see you from beneath and dress accordingly.
and i missed when planning  out my days at the con,... why didn't i ...... just kidding XD ^_^;
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 08:21:08 pm »
Ah... Will either the stairwells or the elevators fit a five foot diameter shuriken, or will I have to climb down a bunch of stairs while holding it out to one side over thousands of people? I read over a lot of this thread, and so far someone has yet to ask an all-important question; so here goes, please don't hate me for it.

Will larger props be a liability in the bigger crowds that are definitely going to come? Like, say, a Buster Sword or a five foot shuriken? Will these users be confined either to outside or to locking their props to the bike racks with bike locks through the Materia slots? If someone is careful and squishes him/herself up against the side of an elevator, will they be able to fit inside with their prop?

... And where will the peacebonding station be, do you think? I got in trouble this year because I couldn't find it at first.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2007, 11:00:08 pm »
As long as your prop fits within the prop guidelines listed on the site, then it is allowed in convention space..end of story.

As for peacebonding, that is most of the time taken care of during registration, though if you're missed during that or didn't have the prop with you your best bet is to find a yojimbo (we wear red haori's (vests) with kanji on the back of them) and they can take care of that for you.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 07:17:32 am »
Okay, thank you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 11:59:04 am »
Most of the stairwells can accommodate a 5 ft wide prop if it is shuriken shaped. the elevators should all be able to fit it as wll since they are about 6ft wide. I don't think you'd be able to fit many people in with it though.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:23 pm »
Okay, thought not. The elevators are circular, right? People would be able to fit behind and in front of me if I stood in the middle.

Okie-dokie, problem solved!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »
What I think Tom's saying however; is that it would be Workable, but it would definitely add friction, and you may find the stairwells easier/less disruptive.  In either case, it should be workable.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline Schlofin

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 05:23:07 am »
DoubleTree's High-Speed internet is avalible at a $10.00 per day charge (unless the con negotiates for it to be included in the room rate) and for those who travel and stay at Hilton Hotels Properties regularly you can use your free benefit if you have enough nightly stays for free access.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »
That's simply outrageously expensive.  If we are unable to correct such clear gouging we should start looking at the 2009 hotel/area now with such factors in mind.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2007, 07:28:07 am »
New fun fact!
There are ladybugs hibernating all over the place in the stairwells!
 ???
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 12:54:17 pm »
Well, at least they aren't bugs that would freak congoers out like spiders and such.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2007, 01:05:09 am »

(links fixed)

Tom, did I mention how much I hate heights?  *shudders*  I'm so glad I didn't go up there with you, Natalie, and Jesse.  It's a good picture though.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 01:48:39 am »
That's simply outrageously expensive.  If we are unable to correct such clear gouging we should start looking at the 2009 hotel/area now with such factors in mind.

Do you mean the cost for internets?  Umm... that is pretty average for a hotel in my experience and I travel alot.  Sometimes, it is included in room rates.  The rest of the time it is between $9-12 dollars per day. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:44 am »

Do you mean the cost for internets?  Umm... that is pretty average for a hotel in my experience and I travel alot.  Sometimes, it is included in room rates.  The rest of the time it is between $9-12 dollars per day. 
Precisely what I meant.  Years ago, I happened to bug Comcast to find out what their Buisness rates were.  As I recall they were about $160 per month, which if we call 30 days, is $5.34 per day, with an actual block of fixed IPs, several mailboxes, etc.  Consumer level Internet is typically in the 30-60 dollar a month range, meaning that it's roughly 1-2 dollars per day.  I'm Quite surprised we can't simply pay $100-200 per day as a flat rate, to make the entire hotel a no-hassle (that is DS friendly) wifi zone.  Even allowing us to bring in and hardline booster wifi routers for areas with low signal strength (The hall we were in for the general elections as an example).

Many people might not look at it this way today, but internet service is quite comparable to how indoor plumbing, electricity, and phone lines were viewed.  Granted, hotels are still over-charging for long distance, but I see that as more of a function of their complete inability or lack of desire for providing the kind of bulk public access that phone service has (and I don't really expect them to either).  However the Internet is different.  As I mentioned, Comcast has a basic, but good enough for free to users, business pipe option.  In a down/up town city area like the Hotel is, getting a better pipe to the Internet shouldn't be an incredible issue, though I have no idea what modern rates for that would actually be.  (Would be interesting to find out though... they'd either be outrageously expensive, a clear sign of monopoly in this case, or somewhat reasonable when considering a built in service level agreement, though such agreements should have different options.)

I found a query area on my favourite site... however I don't really think I should look in to it unless I were serious...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 05:08:10 am by MichaelEvans »
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 09:15:59 am »

Precisely what I meant.  Years ago, I happened to bug Comcast to find out what their Buisness rates were.  As I recall they were about $160 per month, which if we call 30 days, is $5.34 per day, with an actual block of fixed IPs, several mailboxes, etc.  Consumer level Internet is typically in the 30-60 dollar a month range, meaning that it's roughly 1-2 dollars per day.  I'm Quite surprised we can't simply pay $100-200 per day as a flat rate, to make the entire hotel a no-hassle (that is DS friendly) wifi zone.  Even allowing us to bring in and hardline booster wifi routers for areas with low signal strength (The hall we were in for the general elections as an example).

Many people might not look at it this way today, but internet service is quite comparable to how indoor plumbing, electricity, and phone lines were viewed.  Granted, hotels are still over-charging for long distance, but I see that as more of a function of their complete inability or lack of desire for providing the kind of bulk public access that phone service has (and I don't really expect them to either).  However the Internet is different.  As I mentioned, Comcast has a basic, but good enough for free to users, business pipe option.  In a down/up town city area like the Hotel is, getting a better pipe to the Internet shouldn't be an incredible issue, though I have no idea what modern rates for that would actually be.  (Would be interesting to find out though... they'd either be outrageously expensive, a clear sign of monopoly in this case, or somewhat reasonable when considering a built in service level agreement, though such agreements should have different options.)

I found a query area on my favourite site... however I don't really think I should look in to it unless I were serious...

Yes, but, hotels jack the prices on lots of things.  What they are charging is completely typical, regardless of the presumed profit margin.  I was at a hotel last weekend.  Internets were $10/day.  Also, I paid three bucks for one dose of a common over the counter medication and three bucks plus change for a drink.  I am not saying that it is right, wrong, fair or unfair.  I am just saying that it seems to be the norm. 

Also, I am am saying that packing Tylenol with you on a trip can save you lots of money :)
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 01:36:48 pm »
Also, I am am saying that packing Tylenol with you on a trip can save you lots of money :)
damn strait! like at a theam park that has thee 5.00$ soda machine in the middle of the line

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2007, 08:46:09 pm »
Yes, but those are issues of convenience where there is competition (at a realistic level) for said service.  Normal stores and carrying your own buffer counting.  Phones even usually have the option of carrying your own access terminal.  Which though slightly expensive, can be reasonable and expedient in bulk.  However like power, real water use and local roadways (In our area there aren't any toll ways I'm aware of), data-services are really a natural monopoly.  It makes sense to have An infrastructure since it improves the greater good, but it is quite wasteful to have more then one fault tolerant/redundant capacity infrastructure.

So, like water and electricity in the rooms, so too should internet access be included.  Or at the very least, so too should it be included with the convention's impact on the area.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 08:45:20 am »
The hotel contracts out to a third party to run their wireless (and wired?) networks for them, so I can't negotiate with them to get something like a convention rate for service. I could see about contacting the third party that runs the hotel's Internet but since they have an agreement for providing service (and profit) to the hotel, I doubt I can get anywhere.

But when I spoke to the hotel about their rates for Internet access I did express my amazement at the absurdly high price, and mentioned that I have seen other hotels offer free Internet access in their rooms. They said they are looking at changing contracts for Internet access in the spring so I expect things to change around that time. (At least, they had better!)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »
I sure hope so, it would really help with the networking side of things if we also could access the internet. We may even be able to set up chat rooms to keep all major outposts in constant communication.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2007, 12:03:45 am »
Communications infrastructure is the latest backbone for commerce and recreation.  Both large parts of conventions.  I am sure that everyone would really Like the ability to check their email, tie in to distributed communications and notification services, and battle in area/internet DS games.  Dealers may want to tie in to their remote servers to report inventory, schedule resupply of hot items, or even use encrypted online processing systems instead of hardlined phone connections for credit card/debit transactions.

I estimate that if each convention goer needs an Average of dialup speed (2-3kbps), and there are 2000 or so convention goers daily, then even without a transparent proxy server, a business class connection (4000-6000kbps down and up) should suffice.  A proxy server, unfortunately, would not make any impact on the requirements for interactive communication, but would lessen download bandwidth slightly for more static (Automatically determinable) items.

As far as it being a third party, it may still be possible for us to reach an agreement where whatever profit the hotel expects to see, and whatever operating costs exist, plus typical profit if the convention decides to boycot all but 'try me for free' internet, over the pro-rated period that we have booked the hotel.  I think that number MAY be less costly, and will almost definitely be less of a pain logistically, then anything but a business class DSL/Cable connection (if we would even be able to negotiate setting one up.).
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2007, 09:51:27 am »
I guess I should say, I do have one concern that makes me think getting free Internet in the hotel rooms is unrealistic. When you get thousands of anime fans into a hotel at the same time, the bittorrent traffic is going to be horrendous. It will clog everything up. I remember at the Red Lion in 2006 we had to pay, I think, and our Internet in Con Storage was still really clogged. So I think it's probably low to estimate 2-3kbps-person.

It might be possible to mitigate this with some kind of sharing/trading room but that would require a lot of resources to set up and if set up centrally (by us) could get us in trouble.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2007, 12:04:32 pm »
It seems pretty likely that the people who setup the internet for the hotel would already have bittorent ports closed already
Why would people be torrenting during a con anyway? O.o
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »
It seems pretty likely that the people who setup the internet for the hotel would already have bittorent ports closed already
Why would people be torrenting during a con anyway? O.o

lol... why would people do any of the weird things they do at cons?  :D
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2007, 04:03:57 pm »
Actually, yes, as much as I HATE crippling Internet connections... offering free wifi/hardline Internet on this scale, especially if we do it our self's, at least requires simple QoS.  I'm already doing that on a Linux gateway at home, and it's not CPU intensive at all, and in system bandwidth would be nowhere near as big an issue as the actual Internet connection's bandwidth.

Edit:
I can think of one bandwidth intensive use, which would probably be popular.  Second Life.  Especially if there were a virtual convention in it... with feeds from the real one, as I've heard some mention thinking about setting up.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 04:05:49 pm by MichaelEvans »
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:50 pm »
The hotel code is up! It is JPA, but also be sure to check out the new information on the hotel page.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »
I started going to Kumori Con the first year that it happened, but I wasn't able to go in 2005- the one year that it was at the Doubletree, so this'll be a new experience for me. I do like it that it's in downtown Portland and right along the MAX line. And the mall's close by too so cosplayers can go bother the mundanes.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2008, 05:28:15 am »
Any news on the park outside the doubletree?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:09 am »
Any news on the park outside the doubletree?

We don't plan on using the park for actual events.  There would be alot of cost and various logistical concerns with actually doing that.  (concerns like liability, security, etc.)  So, we plan to use it the same way that we used the park in 2007.  Hopefully, the weather will be good and people can use it for informal photoshoots, or whatever else their minds come up with. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »
Any hotel questions left?
I shall be paying the hotel a visit today with our Facilities Liaison. :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2008, 11:51:52 am »
OK people, I'm not going to link to each one.
As of today the most recent videos are ALL Kumoricon related and I am uploading the last of my recent visit to the hotel now.

http://www.youtube.com/TomtheFanboy

Enjoy.

I'm not sure if you hear about it on the videos, but the Doubletree recently remodeled. About half of their rooms have been refurbished with newer furniture and beds, they have updated a lot of stuff to be more "Green". You know, eco-friendly. The Gift shop downstairs is gone and is going to be replaced with a larger business center. I have updated my map to show the changes.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 10:11:01 am »
In case you haven't watched the videos....

THE HOTEL IS BOOKED SOLID.
THE CONVENTION DISCOUNT BLOCK IS FILLED AND WILL NOT BE EXPANDED.

There are however, rooms available for a special group of people. If you try and get a reservation with a STAFF discount you can still get in! Just make sure that your staff registration has been completed and singed by your director, then make your reservation and email our facilities liaison so he can tell the hotel. There are a lot of rooms reserved for Kumoricon staff so get on it!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 10:55:53 am »
In case you haven't watched the videos....

THE HOTEL IS BOOKED SOLID.
THE CONVENTION DISCOUNT BLOCK IS FILLED AND WILL NOT BE EXPANDED.

There are however, rooms available for a special group of people. If you try and get a reservation with a STAFF discount you can still get in! Just make sure that your staff registration has been completed and singed by your director, then make your reservation and email our facilities liaison so he can tell the hotel. There are a lot of rooms reserved for Kumoricon staff so get on it!

Thanks for the update. I'm relieved that I got my room way early this year. Every year I think I'm reserving it early, when in fact the rooms are always near full, so I went ahead and booked a room in super-advance and that seemed to pay off, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2008, 10:10:11 am »
I went in and book my suite by the pool a week before the board elections! The only other person i know of that reserved a room that early was Mike, and now that he's con chair he rolled that into the contract.

In fact, mine is going to be the only Lanai Suite that is not actually under the convention's name. There's still staff in it of course, but it's not an official "con suite".

Also, interesting note, the second Presidential Suite (the super big one's upstairs) is reserved Friday night, Sunday night and Monday night. So you know, if any of you want to have a REALLY nice night to crash with all of your friends, kick the money into a giant pile and pay for Saturday night in the Presidential Suite!
(or maybe it was Sunday...)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 05:18:27 pm »
I was making the rounds at some of the restaurants NE of the mall today to let them know about the convention and the lady at the Subway 13th and Broadway was really rude. she did not even accept the flier I offered and when I told her there'd be over 3000 people in the area she narrowed her eyes and said "What are they going to be doing here?" So please, don't eat at Subway, and definitely don't eat at THAT Subway.

Not that you'd have a reason to go that far, but know that they're very rude and don't deserve to get our business.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2008, 01:31:05 pm »
I was making the rounds at some of the restaurants NE of the mall today to let them know about the convention and the lady at the Subway 13th and Broadway was really rude. she did not even accept the flier I offered and when I told her there'd be over 3000 people in the area she narrowed her eyes and said "What are they going to be doing here?" So please, don't eat at Subway, and definitely don't eat at THAT Subway.

Not that you'd have a reason to go that far, but know that they're very rude and don't deserve to get our business.

well im not going there, and neither will my friends. besides I eat 1 thing a day and im full when im at con.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 07:19:58 pm »
I wonder if anyone ever got the president suite.. it'd be fun to snag for a night if someone wanted to go in with me?

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2008, 07:53:42 pm »
I wonder if anyone ever got the president suite.. it'd be fun to snag for a night if someone wanted to go in with me?

Presidential Suite is Con Suite.  We nabbed that ages ago. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2008, 09:47:37 pm »

Ah, but we only got one of them!
The hotel contact mentioned to David, Jaki and I that there was one other suite of the same size. It was booked on Friday night, Sunday night, and Monday night.
So if the con wanted to, they could have snagged the reservation on that ONE NIGHT during the convention.

I was joking about how it'd be awesome to have a massive party in that room with eveyone crashing there and then just going back to their regular rooms the next morning.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »
I wonder if were gonna be able to fit all our props o_0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:18:41 am by Bob »
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:36 pm »
Not according to firecode, you won't..

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2008, 12:51:28 pm »

Ah, but we only got one of them!
The hotel contact mentioned to David, Jaki and I that there was one other suite of the same size. It was booked on Friday night, Sunday night, and Monday night.
So if the con wanted to, they could have snagged the reservation on that ONE NIGHT during the convention.

I was joking about how it'd be awesome to have a massive party in that room with eveyone crashing there and then just going back to their regular rooms the next morning.
Sadness, I was hoping it would be epic.