Author Topic: Dolly Making! ^__^  (Read 81411 times)

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2006, 09:16:12 am »
Thats a really good idea catgirl rin rin-san

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 03:37:22 pm »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
Thats a really good idea catgirl rin rin-san

wow.. you reply to like everything don't you?..

Ne, rin rin  I miss you.  Flowers would be interesting, I dunno we will think of something.  we definitely need to brainstorm.  Will you be online tonight?

PM me! Sorry I haven't written back yet

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2006, 05:45:38 pm »
yup i do mostly because im usally on when no one else is and rin rin save me a papau wanted to remind you about that

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2006, 05:48:52 pm »
Okay ^^ I've got all my completed things in little sandwich bags - right now, I'm going to write on masking tape - "For Wolf Wood - $6 Reserve" and be sure not to count it as my paopu fruit 10 goal.

What is your name, by the way? XD
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2006, 05:51:49 pm »
my name?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2006, 06:07:20 pm »
yup i do mostly because im usally on when no one else is and rin rin save me a papau wanted to remind you about that

actually when you post just for the sake of posting, that is called spamming and it can be annoying >/

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2006, 06:08:58 pm »
but it goes with the conversation

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2006, 06:14:25 pm »
but it goes with the conversation

i just find that if you don't have anything enlightening or really interesting to bring to a topic, it is usuallybetter to wait until you do rather than just post the first 5 word sentence that comes to you mind and in addition to that, if it is something that could easily be put in a PM to the person it is better to do it there rather than just post to get your post count up.

And thatis my rant for the day ^^

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006, 06:18:46 pm »
=!_!= *mews* My thread... Yar, but Leashy-Chan is right, Wolf Wood, you can PM if you have questions about my questions or whatever =D

Right well, Yes, Wolf Wood, what is your name please? I'll put "Wolf Wood/____ (your name) So there's no confusion, so when I'm at the con, I wont' go, which one? XD I'll put on the masking tape label you're from here, the forums as well!

I'll be dough-ing tonight, to make a little model of Inuyasha, to possible use for chess. Seriously, is there an anime that has ideal characters enough to make chess pieces? ;_;

Oh! I tested the Chii model I did, it was kinda bad, but I let it dry and tested it's strength. It broke after LOTS of pressure, so that's good. And I tested painted Chii's hair black, and it looks awesome ^^ I'm so happy!

I'll post it a picture of mini chii later! Thanks Leashy-Chan, *Gives you some cookies* =3

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2006, 06:40:10 pm »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"

I'll post it a picture of mini chii later! Thanks Leashy-Chan, *Gives you some cookies* =3

*munches* I <3 cookies

Hey so do you really think you will be able to make a chess set like that out of clay?  What kinds of characters will you make?  Do you think you will have to put a glaze over them or something?  Hmm that could be interesting you will have to update me on how that turns out Rin Rin.

I have never been good at making things out of clay really.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2006, 06:47:40 pm »
Hai! I am certain, Leashy-Chan! I'll do my best tonight, but when you ask what kinds of characters, I'm not sure. ^^;

The problem is finding an anime/game, whatever, with characters that could be made into pieces that fit with who they are.

I need help choosing an anime, but I'm going to try to do an Inuyasha person tonight ^^

And I'll be putting podge on it

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2006, 08:39:46 pm »
ok my name is Bryce what is yours? lol could you probably make a sora and riku and kari doll it could be like a set a sora and  riku and kairi and a paupo fruit that would be cool like 15 or 20$ daollers for all of them

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2006, 09:42:26 pm »
Okay ^^ I've got all my completed things in little sandwich bags

that wont work for me, yeah I could put the wolfsrain dog collors and Ninja head bands in sandwich bags, but the spikey Chun Li braclet might make holes and how would i fit a cloud buster sword in there
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2006, 09:05:00 am »
Yeah, hehe, things would be different in packing and storing for our different crafts, ne?

I may call upon you for something, maybe, if you're taking commisions, Vondan-san. You work mainly in leather and metal work?

Oh, I was in much better health this morning, Leashy-Chan, so I finished Mini Edward Elric! He's sooo cute, and I'm going to do 4 more. Only mini Eds and I'll move onto something else tonight! I did another Papou fruit and I'm going to try to do a Tonberry afterschool maybe.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:41 am »
Quote from: "Vondan"
but the spikey Chun Li braclet might make holes and how would i fit a cloud buster sword in there

Are you going to make them like sharp spikes because that could be dangerous.. I love seeing the chun li cosplayers who make the bracelet pufft and soft looking, I would want something like that!

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2006, 11:40:15 am »
@catgirl

whats your name? and both gonna be called

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2006, 11:56:40 am »
Quote from: "leashy"
but the spikey Chun Li braclet might make holes and how would i fit a cloud buster sword in there

Are you going to make them like sharp spikes because that could be dangerous.. I love seeing the chun li cosplayers who make the bracelet pufft and soft looking, I would want something like that!

I am going to make them 3 ways.  A basic spiky leather bracelet (Your basic punk gear) A spiky leather bracelet that is extra thick and cartoony.  A soft spiky bracelet made on a leather covered foam ring.

I always got a kick (Edit I made a pun) out of the opening credits to the Street fighter cartoon.  When they introduce “Hard Kicking Chun Li” she is kicking a tank to pieces.   They should have had that in the movie.  Or some one should cosplay as Chun Li and some one else should cosplay as a giant cardboard tank

PS this may show up twice in some way I encoutered a MSQ error when i tried to post it the first time
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:55 pm »
Hey there Rin! I was wondering...are you open for Commissions of personal or original characters =3? I've done a few plushies of my own, but they're nowhere as cute as yours!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2006, 12:16:50 pm »

I am going to make them 3 ways.  A basic spiky leather bracelet (Your basic punk gear) A spiky leather bracelet that is extra thick and cartoony.  A soft spiky bracelet made on a leather covered foam ring.

I love chun li as you can tell are you getting a table in artist alley vondan?  I will look for you if you do haha it could be fun!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 12:38:56 pm »

I love chun li as you can tell are you getting a table in artist alley vondan?  I will look for you if you do haha it could be fun!

Yeah I hope to have a table of various stuff. so far peaple have asked about Wolf rain colors and Naruto Head bands and armour bit for there own outfits.  Rem Also wants me to do a demo or workshop on leather.   I also said i'd bring some leather scraps for the creation station, thin upolstery leather and I might go get a few pounds of pig skin as it is cheap soft and 20 dif rent colors
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2006, 12:39:15 pm »
^^ I sure am open for commision of any character, as long as it's human-ish shaped. I really haven't tried to do animals aside from cats, but I suppose knowing how to do a cat can branch off into many other animals... XD

My open doors for commissions will be opening and closing between the first few things I have to make for others, and once those are done, I'll set them aside and take on other things.

Right now, I can accept 1 more project before I take on more. Do you have a request, NeoLucky-San? I'll do my best if you give me a picture or a very detailed description of the character. And request a pose if you'd like, I'm going to try and work with adding soft wire into the dolls so they can be posed XD

An extra thing like a wand or staff too, I can make for it. Oh! And most important, the size of the plushie!

I have 4 and 1/2 inches - very minimal detail and mostly extremely cute

About 6 inches - medium detail and still cute (I think)

And I'm going to go for a 11 inch doll pattern sometime soon, with good detail and cute

and a 16 incher will be very detailed and everything.

The smallest size, I think, will be $5.
The 6 incher - $8
11 incher (Whenever I get around to it) - $10

And the 16 incher will be $15-20 because ALOT of work goves into them!

Do those prices sound good, do you think?

But yes, please post in here again, NeoLucky, I hope to get to know you better! ^^

My name is Victoria =D

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2006, 12:45:39 pm »

I have 4 and 1/2 inches - very minimal detail and mostly extremely cute

About 6 inches - medium detail and still cute (I think)

And I'm going to go for a 11 inch doll pattern sometime soon, with good detail and cute

and a 16 incher will be very detailed and everything.

The smallest size, I think, will be $5.
The 6 incher - $8
11 incher (Whenever I get around to it) - $10

And the 16 incher will be $15-20 because ALOT of work goves into them!

Do those prices sound good, do you think?

But yes, please post in here again, NeoLucky, I hope to get to know you better! ^^

My name is Victoria, Wolf Wood-San, and it's nice to meet you, NeoLucky, what is your name, please? =D

Heee awesome!  I'm thinking of requesting one little 6 inch dolly =3 but it may take me a few days to decide on which one! Your prices are *incredibly* cheap, heck you should charge more!

Most people just call me Neo, or Niccy by the way hehe. It will be human shaped for sure and fairly simple XD at least I hope! I dopn't wanna be a burden for super-detailed stuff! If you like I can Pm you or email you or aim you to chat about it o.o so I dont clutter up your thread.

thanks for your consideration X3 it would be a pleasure to order one from you!

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2006, 02:58:30 pm »
A 6-incher is the size of those dolls I posted a few pages ago, those ones of Fruits Basket characters. ^^ I'll take a few better pictures.

Haha, my, you are so very considerate, Neo-Chan! But please, by all means, clutter my thread! I love it when people take interest in crafts and such. =3 So, Vondan-San, don't feel urk-ish about talking about your stuff in this thread. *hopes to ease any worries you may have/and if you haven't I'm just easing for no reason*

Omigosh, are they cheap? I thought the prices were pushing it! XD I've never been into business before so, eto, should I up the prices by $5?

The smallest size, I think, will be $10
The 6 incher - $12 (or so?)
11 incher (Whenever I get around to it) - $15-20

And the 16 incher will be $20-25?

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2006, 04:11:17 pm »
A 6-incher is the size of those dolls I posted a few pages ago, those ones of Fruits Basket characters. ^^ I'll take a few better pictures.

Haha, my, you are so very considerate, Neo-Chan! But please, by all means, clutter my thread! I love it when people take interest in crafts and such. =3 So, Vondan-San, don't feel urk-ish about talking about your stuff in this thread. *hopes to ease any worries you may have/and if you haven't I'm just easing for no reason*

Omigosh, are they cheap? I thought the prices were pushing it! XD I've never been into business before so, eto, should I up the prices by $5?

The smallest size, I think, will be $10
The 6 incher - $12 (or so?)
11 incher (Whenever I get around to it) - $15-20

And the 16 incher will be $20-25?

I think you could easily up the prices by 5 =) there are many who'd want to pay that much for them! They're so adorable and they're hand crafted. People need to pay top dollar for something that you yourself have to pay to create. Basically for me it all boils down to how much I spend on the materials, and then go from there =D! In anycase those prices seem reasonable to me for sure!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2006, 10:31:47 pm »
Vondan-San, don't feel urk-ish about talking about your stuff in this thread.

I just haven’t worked on any dollies lately.  But look who I found on a shelf in my workshop It’s Kattie Buggs.

Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2006, 11:25:09 pm »
I seriously think you should sell a KH set  :D

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2006, 10:04:05 pm »
I did the Kingdom Hearts trio about a year ago for my friend Zoe ^^

It was for her birthday, and I put lots of work into them, hehe. But looking back on my work then and now, it looked pretty sloppy. I guess I have to thank everyone for having birthdays and all, because it was on those days when I made something special for them - if my friends didn't have birthdays, I would never have gotten all my practice XD

I did Sora and Kairi with papou fruits, Sora with a keyblade as well, and Kairi with a heart. Riku had a heartless as well.

I'm planning to do a single KH Trio set, Wolf Wood-San, so I won't reserve it, it'll be an ultra super rare doll collection! I'll sell them as a group or single, but group will be probably $25, with all the time and extra stuff.

So, if you want to buy them, you best be quick! I've got a surprise, I'll post it up later! ^^

AHHHH! I forgot to mention in my working of late hours! Vondan-San! I want a dollie like that! XD Ahahaha, how long did it take you to make? Did you do the face or did you use a dolly as a base and build up on it? I like that mask, and the piece on it's back makes it look like a ladybug! ^_^

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2006, 10:13:22 pm »
Im gonna be the first one there and im gonna kill the person who byes it with me keyblade!

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2006, 10:25:33 pm »
Ahaha! It's Full Metal Alchemist Edward Elric, my smallest size dolly! This is a new pattern and I hope to make at least 20 dolls of this size! The $10 or so dolly!

This doll is rare, only 5 made and will be made! They're about the size of a CD, so be sure to find me and buy one quick!

Some pictures ^^

- Chibi Edward Elric!

My next project is 6-inch dolls Kairi, Sora, and Riku Set, and Chibi FF7/8/9/10 characters.

FF7 - Cloud, Sephy, Vincent, Aeris, Tifa
FF8 - Rinoa, Squall, Seifer, Selphie, (maybe more!)
FF9 - Garnet, Zidane (Two of both maybe)
FF10 - Yuna, Tidus, Rikku, (one of each maybe)

Any more game character suggestions? I'm aiming for *WELL KNOWN* characters because the detail on these guys is bare minimum. Ed is well known enough to make him chibi and those FF characters are easy to recognize.

I'm also going to try to make a Chihiro, Haku and some other little things from Spirited Away ^^

Rin Rin out! *watermelon for all*[/img]

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2006, 12:09:48 am »

AHHHH! I forgot to mention in my working of late hours! Vondan-San! I want a dollie like that! XD Ahahaha, how long did it take you to make? Did you do the face or did you use a dolly as a base and build up on it? I like that mask, and the piece on it's back makes it look like a ladybug! ^_^

I do more redress of dolls err minitures then buidling the bodies.  I was doing a study on making a lady bug costume for a friend’s toddler.  The first was made from an old bedspread then I made this one from Upholstery leather.  The first took an hour as I thought about it, the second shell took 20 minutes.  A finished one would have web back pack like straps that would be hidden under Velcro closed flaps on the outer costume.  It would also work for turtles.   The mask was the calfskin collar from a hiking boot that had a hole in it.  I picked out the stitches and replaced it with a new piece of leather then I saw the old piece on the floor with one hole in it and put it on and went around saying I’m batman.  Then I trimmed it out and made a second hole and put it on the Kattie Buggs Model.  And I think Kattie Buggs she have her own cartoon as a toddler super hero.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2006, 12:31:51 pm »
Vondan, that doll is the scariest thing I have ever seen, the costume is cute and all but the doll looks possessed o.o

Ok Rin Rin I know I am late on the PM thing, I will do that now

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2006, 12:40:43 pm »
Vondan, that doll is the scariest thing I have ever seen, the costume is cute and all but the doll looks possessed o.o

great I'll make you one and have your friends hide it in your hotel room ware you find it in the dark.   The week before the con I'll see if they can invite you to a Chucky/Exorcict  Marathon
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2006, 01:14:50 pm »

great I'll make you one and have your friends hide it in your hotel room ware you find it in the dark.   The week before the con I'll see if they can invite you to a Chucky/Exorcict  Marathon

LoL I hate scary movies they freak me out too much, they could never get me to something like that haha

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2006, 09:49:11 pm »

The latest creation! Finished today, it took about 3 hours. ^^ But I'm going to take a 3 day break from doll-making and just do 2 flowers a day. Maybe a little something here and there, but I need sleep. I've been staying up till 1AM and waking at 6AM to shower and work on some more sewing stuff XD

Yay for coffee!

Hoy, Dan-Chan, would one be able to sell redressed dolls in the Artist Alley? And do you happen to know the price for one?

Chu!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2006, 10:15:38 am »

Hoy, Dan-Chan, would one be able to sell redressed dolls in the Artist Alley? And do you happen to know the price for one?

Chu!

I don’t see why not.   I have seen 1/6-scale dolls like Barbie redressed as Valkyrie with little swords and chain mail on e bay going for $200.   They may have started with one of the High-end bodies from Dragon or CY but unless you really need 100 Points of articulation I'm using Barbie’s.  err ahh because they don’t make enough females in the GI Joe Line to work with not that I want to use barbies
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2006, 10:19:12 am »
(i tend to disapear durning spring break cuz oif no net acess)
but those are so cute you should make a gackt plushie
and i want to see Chi!!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2006, 03:36:05 pm »
hi friends, i gotta be honest with you, this is the most exciting thread on the forums to me!!

it's almost time for me to make my first draft of a creation station schedule, so i need to get a sense from both catgirl rin-rin and vondan:

how long would you each like for your workshops? an hour? two hours?

would you need any supplies provided by the convention?

would you need any reimbursement for supplies provided to the convention?

my vision would be that you would each have a two hour slot. and that in your first hour slot you would give a workshop in the old fashioned sense of walking through what you do and how and why you do it and with what materials and what places to sell it and other applications of your instructions to other creative projects etc. and walk people through you creating something and/or finishing something up right there on the spot as a demo. then in the second hour you and/or the con provide the supplies, and congoers actually get to experiment with following the instructions you provided and demonstrated while you go around the room and cheer them on and give them pointers. then of course they can remain there longer as other workshops go on working on their projects. what do you think?

meantime i would love to get some lessons ahead of time, in particular i want to make my own plushies!!!!!!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2006, 03:39:58 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift"
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
and i was thinking if there was room and people were intrested i could bring some of my fabric remnets, scissors and needles and if people wanted to see what they could make dolly wise, you know just having fun, i know some people have never sewd, so itd be a chancd to get their feet wet so to speak

This sounds like a good idea because I was speaking with Michelle the girl who ran the Cat ears workshop and she does not want to run it herself but would be happy to get the things together for a workstation.  Maybe we could do an Arts & Craft station with dolls and Cat ears!

yes she brought this idea to me at the kc meeting at u of o before sc, and again at sc, this should work our splendidly :)

gosh, good thing the creation station is in two rooms til 10pm this year!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2006, 05:22:37 pm »
Catgirl Rin Rin, are you still taking any more commissions/projects?  I'm wondering if you would be willing to make a doll for a couple of original characters of mine.  I think they would be really cute to see in doll form.

I would send you drawings of them of course.  ^_^

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2006, 05:38:37 pm »
^_^ Hey Remmy-Chan! Glad to see you're back! First things first:

how long would you each like for your workshops? an hour? two hours?

2-Hour slot sounds great - I think I can explain and show how I make a doll under an hour, which gives everyone more time to try and make a doll themself. I'll find a nice simple character to make, something everyone will surely like.

would you need any supplies provided by the convention?

Well, for starters - Scissors, needles, thread colors (depends on the doll I'll think to make with everyone) And felt pieces would be great!

I have a question - how many are usually in a workshop? Is there a limit for people? I think 15 is a good number... ^^; If not, tell me how many to expect. To make a mini doll, I usually have 1 skin felt sheet folded in half and cut, so it's double layered and ready for sewing together. And then I usually have two other color sheets ready, prepared the same way.

If there's 15 people, and 3 for each person, 4, to make it better, that's 60 sheets of felt. O.o

would you need any reimbursement for supplies provided to the convention?

If you guys supply the scissors/needles/thread colors and a nice big space to do this at, I can get the felt. I've worked out that 60 felt pieces is $21.00. And that's for the 0.35 a piece felt here in my town, out of town, it's usually 0.40 so that'd be $24. I should be able to pay for that by the time summer ends.

If not, could you guys get the felt pieces? I could pay you back with the money I'll make from my dollies ^^

I can scanner my patterns on paper, Remmy-Chan, and post them up here. I'm hoping to make a little booklet of all my work - I've done a Tama-Chan, and I have the pattern paper I made, and for Kirby and a Papou Fruit too! I have mini doll pattern, Palm size pattern, and my 16-inch pattern. Could I make pattern booklets and sell them too?

Oh, and can you "redress/style" other dolls and sell them? Is that allowed or does one have to make something completely by their own hands? Excluding material and all... Could I buy some kind of clothing, like a hat or t-shirt, and just add some kind anime applique or something and sell that too?

Negima-San, I'm hoping to make a Negima somehwhere along this road of sewing! XD I'll be sure to post it up whenever I get around to it! I'll accept one more commission, and drawings woud be great. I must PM Seraph and Neo-Chan for pictures, because I'd like to get their commissions done ASAP. ^^

I'll PM you as well, after supper, which I must make right now!

*roar* I hope you make a workshop too, Vondan-San! If anyone on here posts another thread needing leather-ish stuff, I'll be sure to reccomend you! I don't know why I didn't, it's great to have ready-make people on here! =D

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2006, 10:21:42 pm »
Oh Catgirl Look Dollies and pigskin

http://vondan.com/picture_library/barb.jpg

I got a pound of pig skin scraps $8 today and dug out some 1/6 minitures.  Ask me about them in a few days
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2006, 01:18:44 am »
rin-rin dear:

thank you for your generosity. anything you spend out of pocket is a devoutly appreciated gift. however, i will also work on trying to get some items donated, and i will check the dollar stores, remnant sales, try to find folks who work at stores who could get discounts, and the like. heck, i wish i remembered everything from this society for creative anachronism event i went to in albany in 2002 at which i learned how to make felt!

anyway, i do not have any idea what the total budget is that i will be allocated for kumoricon. but i can try to see about getting at least some things covered for you.

it is also not out of the question to ask each participant to consider donating one or two dollars for supplies, especially if each will leave with at least the start of their very own handmade dollie.

i leave it to your discretion to propose how many people you want to have at the workshop; however please note, i expect this could be much more popular than 15 just based on this thread so far. it is up to you, but what i would propose would be that we line up enough supplies for you to do double that number, then if we only have 15 you get to keep the extra material, and if we have 30 you choose between handling them all at once, or adding in a second round of the workshop later in the weekend during downtime. :)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2006, 01:45:41 am »
I think all the basic supplies for the sewing projects for the dollies and cat ears could be found if several of the cosplay princesses donate some of their leftovers and or look for bargains in the next few months.  I already gave all my felt (about 50 sheets) to a nice mousey sunday school teacher with glasses but will keep a look out in the craft section of the thrift stores for more.  I'll start and bring an 18 Gal tub full of stuff.  Upholstery leather and pig skin scraps.  Surger cones, who does not like a frosty surger cone, the other day at goodwill I found a dozen new surger cones each with 3000 yards of thread (Why I got them I don’t know, I have 20 I have not used yet).  I found 100 spools of thread for 5 cents each at a church yard sale and in 3 years have NEVER had to stitch anything that is orange.   I have 200 bed sheets and then a box of cloth scraps.  Of course none of this s of use for the projects I have in mind to demo.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2006, 11:09:09 am »
well hey you never know what someone else might be able to use. thanks for checking on supplies for us dan.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:21 am »
O.o My scissors, the only good pair I have, are in custody of my friend who borrowed my sewing stuff because she wanted to make her friend that she likes a birthday present!

So I'm on a second-day no-sew day! ^^; I have lack of time again, so I'll edit, again.

-_- Busy busy! I was in the 30 Famine this weekend!

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2006, 09:25:51 pm »
awww thats sweet lol

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2006, 09:39:06 pm »
O.o My scissors, the only good pair I have, are in custody of my friend who borrowed my sewing stuff because she wanted to make her friend that she likes a birthday present!

I have maybe 15 pair of scissors

1 Pair of Ginger Sewing Scisors
1 Pair of Osborne Leather shears
4 Pair of Mundal Leather scissors
4 Pair that look like Mundals from the Dollor store
2 Office style paper scissors from goodwill
1 EMT shears from a former job (were used to cut the ribs of dead peaple)
1 Blunt platten Bandage scissors (the good kind from Germania circa 1975)
4 Cheapo bandage scissors
1 Metsanbaum (scissors with a curved blade)
1 Pinking shears

And I almost forgot a pair of scissors for cutting the hair of horses they look like normal scissors but 12 inches long, from when my mom was your age and had ponies, the wild shaggy ponies from the last ice age.

And most days I have to hunt all over to find just one pair of Mundals that I use %99 of the time and keep in a tool belt

Ohh I should ware them all to K Con

>>>and dont ask me about the Barbies yet,  I have been swamped with work and have hardley had time to do more than work and go home to rest and some times even just sleep on a couch at work and of course check about eight forums and blogs 10 times a day.  Although friday I have to go see Shakespears Much Ado About Nothing and I dont even have time to go to the library and find an aunt who wants to use the second ticket.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2006, 09:42:15 pm »
my mom has so much sewing and art stuff.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2006, 07:04:37 am »
Rin Rin did you get my e-mail?

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »
I have maybe 15 pair of scissors.

Wow, Vondan-San, that'd supply my workshop, despite their different uses...And all... XD

How are those Barbies doing today?

*currently checking email*

Well, I've been busy at school and such, and sewing when I can.

I've made a new pattern! This doll will be about 14 inches or so, kinda wide, Chibi-Wide Style! It's gonna be very cute I think, I'm making a J-Rock doll by the name of Shinya from Dir En Grey! Anyone familiar with the band? I've had a PVC Red Vinyl raincoat in my closet for months, and when I found a gorgeous picture on the net, I was set on making it into a dolly.

I went out of town on the weekend and ravaged through two thrift shops. I bought felt, and many black PVC vinyl purses to slice apart and use.

- A cosplayer.. X_X

X_X So pretty. I'm working on the legs right now, it's hard! I have to sew on the black vinyl straps onto the red PVC leg coverings one by one, very time consuming! I think, hoping my imagined completed doll of this, will be very awesome, and with all the hand sewing and time, it'd be about $30 or more. ^^;

I've completed 5 more Papou Fruits, for a total of 9. I've got 5 Kirbys in the making, and 2 mini doll bodies ready for dressing.

Palm Size Hatsuharu and Ayame from Fruits Basket STILL need heads, and Kisa needs a head and clothes. ^^; 18-incher Dominique Cross of The Bouncer needs her jacket, boots, detailing, and head.

Comissions: I need pictures from certain people and size requests and such.

I've also got another doll pattern I made from scratch today, it looks like it will work, but I'll have to finish the whole skin body first.

The heads are always fussy to make... ^_^;

Ah well, email seen and replied, thanks Leashy-chan! ^^