Author Topic: Dolly Making! ^__^  (Read 81413 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2006, 09:16:15 pm »
this remains my favorite thread on the forums.
i didn't even know there *were* 15 types of scissors :)
and as i mentioned in pm, CGRR is the nicest person i've met on any forum :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2006, 10:17:41 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"

I should wear all of them to the workshop, I wonder if they will try to peace bond my tool belt
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2006, 10:47:21 pm »
i get a 15% discount at jo anne i dont know how much that'd help tho (on top of sales price so if its 40 % off it be 55 to me
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2006, 10:57:04 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
i get a 15% discount at jo anne i dont know how much that'd help tho (on top of sales price so if its 40 % off it be 55 to me

the dolly and cat ears would need small pieces less than 1 Sq foot.  Does your store toss out pieces to small to sell or do they give away the last few inches when some one wants a pirces off the end of a roll.

I'll just save up a bucket of pieces that size and bring them and a few Surger cones
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2006, 11:34:47 pm »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"
Comissions: I need pictures from certain people and size requests and such.

I know, I know.  I'm sorry, school has kept me a bit busy.  I have the character drawing done at least but I need to color it in.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2006, 08:43:06 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Quote from: "RemSaverem"

I should wear all of them to the workshop, I wonder if they will try to peace bond my tool belt

i wish realy but anything over a quarter of a yard is remed out (sold at 50 %off) if smaller they make us cut it up and throw away
i can give this tip tho,  rement fabric =anything under a yard is measured and sold at 50% off regular price, but if the fabric is on sale like a silky, destination india for half off, then the rement is going to be 50% off the sale price, pretty sweet, and on sale days sometimes rements are 75% off
does this make sense? okay try this last sale day i bought 3 fabric pieces that were almost a yard, one normaly 6.99 a yard paid 63 cents
a full yard of silk destination india fabric normaly 10 bucks, it was on sale for 5 bucks+75% off=cost of 1.25 then i got another 15% for working there
so yeah thats the only way i can work at a fabric store
i hope that helps

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2006, 10:08:19 am »
UPDATE:

^^ Hey everyone! I just cleaned up my room last night! It's so strange to see the floor again. It took ages to tidy up under my chair where I sit, snip snipping with my scissors. All the felt pieces and threads to pick up... X_x

Anyways, I've got 2 skin dolls ready to go, and I've got a Kakashi to make for a friend - commission. Then I've got a Shaggy-2-Goat to do for his brother XD

I'm planning on focusing some time on the Kingdom Hearts characters now. I'm for sure doing KH1 Sora/Riku/Kairi, but I may do KH2 Sora/Kairi/Riku, if I can get a deccent picture.

Maybe even Sora's additional outfits, if I have the time and enough skin coloured felt.

I'll add some more laters!

And don't worry, Negima, whenever you find the time and can send it to me. Depending on the materials I'll need and the size and other things you'd like me to do with the doll, I'll probably need a week to do and finish - the actual making is about a day, if I take alot of care and muchos effort than normal. The week is just for getting materials I may need. The craft shop here in town, is actually a gift store, it just has craft things in the back for making crafty gifts XD

Anyways, I've cleaned out their Antique White/Ivory felt completely, and it takes a couple months for them to get restock. So to get other felt colors, I need to go out of town and restock my own collection with the needed colors to do your character.

And there are some weekends I don't go out of town for felt or whatever, no thrift shops X_x

Oh, unless, you want your doll to be a bit taller? For dolls 10 inches plus, I can make actual clothes from fabric rather than felt. But there goes the cost for materials because I stalk thrift shops and here in town, it's $2.00 a shirt, $1.00 for kids shirts, so I usually go for the little ones... ^^

But yar, felt or fabric, your choice. I can't rememeber if you specified what you'd like. Height, any special things? I suppose I'll see if you drawn any extra things with your character, ne?

Rightio, I must go!

*runs off* Good wishes to all!
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2006, 09:21:17 am »
Hi! I had a question:

Have you ever thought about doing Dollfie (barbie sized) clothing? You'd make killer on gothy styles of clothing, or maid outfits an the like!

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2006, 10:56:08 am »
Make a Totoro doll and I will buy you out of stock! Seriously, if you make anything Hiyao Miyasaki, I would just DIE! Please, please, please, consider anything from Howl's Moving Castle or My Neighbor Totoro, or maybe Spirited Away. I would just take one look at your booth and faint from sheer ecstacy.
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2006, 11:01:24 am »
Quote from: "Neolucky"
Hi! I had a question:

Have you ever thought about doing Dollfie (barbie sized) clothing? You'd make killer on gothy styles of clothing, or maid outfits an the like!

yeah it's called 1/6 scale ware the 12 inch GI Joe is a 6 foot man and Barbie is a 5.10 woman (ken is never taken seriously).  I have made a few outfits like Gladiator with weapons in a box I made with picture from the movie and Biker with tiny leather jacket with zipper and put him on a 1/6 moterbike.  I saw a web site that had barbies redressed as Valkyrie and looked right off a Larry Elmore painting going for upwords of $200.   I'm going to try more and maybe an anime redress of some barbies
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2006, 11:33:36 am »
If you were to make a Nova (from bleach) Doll.... I would love you forever.

^^

Nova's awesome, but I can't find any Nova dolls anywhere and that makes me sad.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2006, 11:42:20 am »
Ooh, could you make a plushy of the really gross tetsuo blob from Akira?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2006, 11:59:21 am »
Rin Rin after the con you should totally look into make an e-bay or online store, I would be willing to help you with it if you do make one.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2006, 06:42:35 pm »
Yea, I have my character drawing done and colored.  I'll send you the picture hopefully by tomorrow once I get it scanned.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2006, 10:26:41 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Hi! I had a question:

yeah it's called 1/6 scale ware the 12 inch GI Joe is a 6 foot man and Barbie is a 5.10 woman (ken is never taken seriously).  I have made a few outfits like Gladiator with weapons in a box I made with picture from the movie and Biker with tiny leather jacket with zipper and put him on a 1/6 moterbike.  I saw a web site that had barbies redressed as Valkyrie and looked right off a Larry Elmore painting going for upwords of $200.   I'm going to try more and maybe an anime redress of some barbies
'

Um...I wasn't asking you dude. Yes I realize they're 1/6th (27cm) and such. I'm talking more about the Volks and Obitsu bodies/style known as Dollfie or Super Dolllife. I was asking Rin if she made clothing for them =p thanks.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2006, 10:45:21 pm »

Um...I wasn't asking you dude. Yes I realize they're 1/6th (27cm) and such. I'm talking more about the Volks and Obitsu bodies/style known as Dollfie or Super Dolllife. I was asking Rin if she made clothing for them =p thanks.

well now I know (and spent an hour researching) I had never heard of that brand or term before.  But I may still make a Maid Outfit for Gi Joe
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2006, 02:15:29 am »
what would you all think of the idea of fanfiction dolly theatre?
like my folks who write fanfiction, turning their stories into scripts, and instead of cosplaying them, acting them out with dollies? or plushies? or marionettes even? i was thinking about this while helping my er special friend guy person yah, brainstorm how to decorate the puppet theatre stage he was making hee hee i think it would totally be fun hee hee
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2006, 08:02:25 pm »
that sounds like fun rem, but i know if i was acting it out i would so be like
seshomaru" well kagura meet your end.."
kagura "we'll see.."
battle then some one start chanting kiss kiss kiss well i dont think you ment yaoi puppet show...
no i'm not weird at alllll......

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2006, 09:28:22 pm »
hee hee jaz i'd get a kick out of that, yaoi is welcome at the CS (within pg13 limits til after curfew)

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2006, 07:56:26 am »
Whew, replies pile up while I'm working ^^;

I can certainly make a Totoro, I think, if it's this guy!

http://pukomuko.lt/failai/kleckai/totoro.gif

I'm already planning to make a Chihiro and Haku, a few soot balls maybe, and other Spirited away things. Maybe some Mononoke things, a few Kodama for sure, Xaam! I can't wait for you to see the table!

Sasu-Kitty, I probably could make a Nova doll sometime before September ^^ - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/Hawth/Nova3.jpg - that's him, right?

Wow, the blob thing from Akira? - http://www51.tok2.com/home/yossee/figureland/akira/tetsuo-cs.jpg

^ Was that it? That's all I could find on Tetsuo from Akira on google search, stuff that looked like that guy above. He looks blob-ish.. XD

Ahhh! Totally, Leashy-Chan! *pounces you in a hug* I miss talking to you! X_x I'm gonna PM you after school before I leave for babysitting at 5PM! I hope you're doing well! Guess what! I may extend my 10 Papou fruits to 20 by September. Omigosh, it's really sneaking up on me! I really have to get to work again!

Negima, I look at your picture, it looks very plushable! ^^ A 6-inch I can do for sure! I'll be painting the face on her, is that alright? I'll go for the expression you drew on the picture, and also, side note, for 6-inchers, I do everything felt, no fabric/felt combine. Just to let you know.

So, I'll tell you more about this commission when I complete the doll, alright Negima? =D Thank you for the prompt picture, and I hope you're doing great!

Eto, I've never done barbie-size clothing. The smallest was a lace-lined black coat, design from a Gothic Lolita clothing online store, for a doll as wide as 3 fingers, and about the length from the tips of my middle finger, to halfway to my elbow. ^^; But I'll definately give it a shot sometime!

And yar, Vondan-san certainly can do lots, I wanna find tiny zippers like him! Ne, do you find them at thrift shop stuff? O.o How are those barbies doing? The ones you'd redress?

Remmy-Chan, that sounds so neat! XD Maybe some way to loosely attach dolls so their arms and legs are movable like a puppets. *thinks thoughtfully* Ah well, awesome idea! Yaoi too! XD

Alright, my last 5-day creation, I finished him last night. It's Sora Style from Kingdom Hearts 2. I am soooo happy how he turned out, but I cheated lots. I used about 3 sticks of mini hotglue sticks... But as long as it turns out and looks neat. This costume was great, very symmetrical and fun to follow!

He's just ove 12 Inches, a little less without his hair XD I was afraid I painted his lovely face too big, but I think it turned out!

And some extra pics!

- Core for my next doll, I think Kairi KH2. I altered Sora Original pattern, because his torso was too fat, and also his legs are kinda long. Oh well..Next Sora will gain some centimeters then XD

- Mini Doll Ready for dressing!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2006, 09:10:05 am »

And yar, Vondan-san certainly can do lots, I wanna find tiny zippers like him! Ne, do you find them at thrift shop stuff? O.o How are those barbies doing? The ones you'd redress?

hey that Sora looks like some ones Avatar, but who could it be?   I wonder if Shadow would want one and a box of large pins

I have to order zippers in certain colors and sizes for work and that cost me up to $1.20 a zipper pull and up to $1 a foot for the zipper coil and I get up to 10 yards at a time.  But then I also hunt thrift stores and the other day found 3 Baggies each with about 50 pants fly length zippers in assorted sizes and colors for $1 a bag.  That’s a score and I have found them before, so I don’t have to cut into the other rolls of zipper coil to fix a purse or wallet and the zipper pulls alone could cost me up to $1.

Still been busy, I started a few things on then but they look awful and I should re dress a GI Joe as Chi in the maid outfit

Von “I scored 3 baggies of Z dude” Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:36 am »

Sasu-Kitty, I probably could make a Nova doll sometime before September ^^ - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/Hawth/Nova3.jpg - that's him, right?

YES! ^___^ *glomps*  You're awesome!

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
Negima, I look at your picture, it looks very plushable! ^^ A 6-inch I can do for sure! I'll be painting the face on her, is that alright? I'll go for the expression you drew on the picture, and also, side note, for 6-inchers, I do everything felt, no fabric/felt combine. Just to let you know.

So, I'll tell you more about this commission when I complete the doll, alright Negima? =D Thank you for the prompt picture, and I hope you're doing great!

Yeah ^_^
And sure on painting on the face.  Thanks again for doing this.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2006, 07:48:06 am »
Alright - Negima-Chan, your doll almost has a body all set and ready to be dressed, I'll probably complete it afterschool today or tomorrow the latest. ^^

And a finished project of 6 days, but really 2 because I sewed her skin body at school on Wednesday, and really worked on her yesterday, may I present Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2006, 01:34:40 pm »
Rin Rin where is my PM? ;-; *steals a cookie*  I moved this weekend so I wan't around at all!

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2006, 11:01:45 pm »
X__________x I'm not dead yet! I've still got the sewing spirit going! I've been sewing off and on, mostly concentrating on the Graduation ceremony at the end of May, and now exams! But I haven't stopped sewing. Negima, your dolly is complete! ^^ I'll post her picture up whenever my camera (dad's actually) is fixed!

Chun Li has a body, ready to get clothed and everything. I have yet to get a table though, register too. Gack, my money is being eaten up with end of the year text book returns with one missing. There goes $80... XD

But I'm still going! Leashy-Chan, I'll PM you tomorrow!

- Rin Rin

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2006, 07:28:06 pm »
Negima, your dolly is complete! ^^ I'll post her picture up whenever my camera (dad's actually) is fixed!

YEAAA  XD
Thank you very much for doing this again.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2006, 11:49:31 pm »
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7002/namida4cc.jpg - Back

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1226/namidafront3lw.jpg - Front

I'm sorry about the horrible pictures! X_x And I did my best so the felt fibres wouldn't mix. I'm starting to really doubt if people will buy them when some black fibres get onto the skin fabric. >.>; Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Ah well, some more stuff:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/569/chii8vp.jpg - Chii

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1430/kagomeandinu6gj4sq.jpg - Kagome and Inuyasha

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6716/kh2trio0xk8ab.jpg - Kingdom Hearts 2 Trio - with RIKU!

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7136/totoro1iq10sx.jpg - Totoro

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7564/vinandtifa2sk6zm.jpg - Vincent and Tifa

and finally

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6224/yuefloor7qx1cu.jpg - Yue

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2006, 11:05:09 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
its would be awesome you guys doing a pannel to show how to make dolls, very nice and such, i work at a Jo Annes crafts and tend *cough*
buy a little too much fabric for my needs and have leftover when i make stuff, if you guys have a pannel, are you intersted in some supplies?

Agreed!  I'd go for sure!  I just wanna make a decent Renji in street clothes for my "personal collection."  Hehehehe.   :twisted:

.....That and a Wolfwood and Razlo plushy.  My happy/smexy Eye of Micheal boyz!!!!!
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 09:52:50 pm »
CATGIRL SAVE ME THAT SORA AND KAIRI *DROOL* SO BEAUTIFUL *STARES AT IT FOR HOURS*

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
XD I'm glad you like them, WW-Chan, but I'm not saving the KH2 dolls for anyone. Gack, whoever gets to them first! I've decided, I'm not going to make double of everything, Gods, that would be alot of work!

I'm working on Roxas right now! ^^ I did his shoes last night! Man, they up the weight of the doll and the cost. By about $5, but still - hard work on shoes! I'm going to try to give Sora his gloves and shoes/Give Riku his shoes, and Kairi as well.

Then a Namine, and maybe even Axel/Demyx (Someone specially requested Demyx)

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2006, 06:36:56 pm »
im gonna ask my dad if we can wake up at about 3:00 am and get there before the con starts and we r gonna wait in line till the shopping place opens im gonna run over there and buy your KH dolls hehehehe!!!! THEN I SHALL RULE THE WORLD WITH MY KEYBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2006, 04:23:37 pm »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
im gonna ask my dad if we can wake up at about 3:00 am and get there before the con starts and we r gonna wait in line till the shopping place opens im gonna run over there and buy your KH dolls hehehehe!!!! THEN I SHALL RULE THE WORLD WITH MY KEYBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won't be in like we are going to get our nametags the night before haha and we will be staying at my house in vancouver the night before the con so you will just have to find us in artist alley or walking around or something

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2006, 05:04:13 pm »
>.> not cool

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2006, 08:38:08 pm »
Okay! Here is a list of some Anime dolls I'll be making! The tall series - 13 inches, are for making anime characters. The video games, mostly FF characters 7 and up, will be the mini dolls. A few popular FF and other Video game characters will be made into anime doll size, but meh *shrugs*

Alright!

The 5 Gundam Wing boys -
Heero - Standard green tank top and black shorts
Duo - His black priest garb
Quartre - Usual dress of pink shirt, purple vest, orange pants
Wufei - usual indigo tank top and his oriental pants and belt
Trowa - Ehehe, his clown outfit! Mask included!

Robin Sena - Black dress, nice and simple with white wrist cuffs and collar

Sesshoumaru  - Usual garb
Rin (Possibly) - Her orange and white checkered outfit

Yami Yugi - His blue jacket and plain black tank top underneath and other acessories
Seto Kaiba - Battle city outfit - White trench coat, and black clothes

Tsukasa - Standard outfit of tan, brown, and white
Lady Subaru - Standard outfit of light green dress with bikini-style top, skirts as well

Chihiro - Usual outfit of pink shorts, white shirt with the green stripes and yellow shoes
Haku - His usual outfit

Sakura Avalon - School winter outfit - one with long sleeves

All I have planned for now! I'm doing 10-ish dolls, then moving on!

Any suggestions or requests? I'll be doing Bakura for sure!

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2006, 09:15:34 pm »
You said a while ago you'd do a Nova doll for me~

Is that still on your list?  Just curious, I didn't see it in your post.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2006, 09:34:32 pm »
Hai! *nods* Thats on my next doll list! I'm doing these in the next week and a bit - I don't have the right colors for Nova in my stores, nor in the local craft shop. My parents say they aren't travelling to the next town soon, so Nova is shipped to next doll list! ^^

Side note, I'll try to make that Akira blob thing somewheres before I leave for the con!

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2006, 09:05:19 pm »
Sorry for update, but I need some feedback please! ^^

First off, Satsu-Kitty, you won't believe how HARD it is to find good/many Nova pictures! ^^; Here, I found this one, will this outfit be alright to use?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2449/pixelnovabynovaclubtc2.jpg - As costume

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/418/anime681nz0.jpg - Front, just to show you! ^^ Oh, and do you want a light purple collar or a white? I've seen, out of the few pictures I've scrounged up, have alternations of white and purple. And size? I'm doing a bunch of 13-ish incher dolls right now, simple style yet very cute ^^ They have big feet! Anyways, my Early-Bird-Request Price is $15, I assure you the end result will be good.

At the convention, I've hesitantly set prices!

Mini Dolls - $10
13-Inchers - $20
The Sora size, about 14-inch and super detailed - $30
Papou Fruits - $5

And some more doll ideas! Please, if you want to see something there, or have a request, I'll squeeze you in if I can. I'm just about caught up with my prior requests. A little more work on Chun-Li and a lot more on my suddenly started today Akira Blob O.o

Love Hina Girls - Pink Bath towel wrap-around bodies
Sakura from Tsubasa
Soubi and Ritsuka
Asuka and Rei, if I can
Gundam Boys - Wufei and Quartre are still needed to finish the troop

Maybe some else?

Oh, Neolucky, if you send a drawing of your original character, I'll do my best to finish it! ^^

- There is a Chii, SuperJaz ^^ If you drop by my table, maybe she can go home with you!

I think that's it for now!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2006, 11:46:46 pm »
Rin Rin, all your dolls are so amazing. ^.^ You have such talent.

I have a question. I know he's not an anime character, but I'd be very interested in a Jack Sparrow plushie. I don't know if he would be too difficult to do though. ^^; But I'm more than willing to pay $30 for him.

Here's some reference images if you would like to take a look:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/Meryl_Stryfe/POTC/promo3.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/Meryl_Stryfe/POTC/promo10.jpg

Odd request I know, but you'd be my hero if you could possibly do this for me. ^__^

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2006, 11:48:08 pm »
Yeah, that's the outfit ^^

I think white would be good, but whichever is fine with me.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2006, 01:04:23 am »
Hoy!!! C'est moi with the latest of creations! My recent makings are as follows:

- I have Trowa Barton, Duo Maxwell, Heero Yuy, Syaoran, Negi, and Chun Li!!!

There ya go, Leashy-Chan! I will now PM you! Having this picture for you unlocks a new level! (O.o....) Hehe, *Huggles* I must do proper bracelts too... I may have to do white triangles, flat against the black band - would that be alright? \=\

- ALL my work so far! A free keychain heart to whomever can name each and every thing first!

Oh! My latest mini thing is Keychain hearts!

They're little red hearts made out of felt with black embroidary thread spelling out names. I'll be making +20 for my Artist Alley table at Kumoricon this year, and each have a Bishie name! I've got, so far, Riku, Sora, Roxas, Axel, Cloud in that order. Hard to tell, ne?

I'll be making more and they're $5 each!

Any more suggestions or a character name you'd like to see on there? Remember, bishies!

Nova will be in the next photo shoot, and that Kamineko too, I hope!

I'll be glad to do Jack Sparrow for you, Shadow-San, I'd do my best at him, I've already bought the necessary blue for his vest and his white shirt. The boot cuff felt will be in a few days, and other than that. I'll start on his skin body, and I'll try to have it done soon! XD Before the convention, at the very least!

Thank you for the lovely comment, I've had nearly 2 years practice and still learning and improving my weak spots. What size would you like? I'm working on a batch of 11-12 inch dolls lately, and the next week and a bit. I plan to get 50 of the same size dolls by the end of August, the 27th, to be exact. ^^;

I also have Mini size, about 6 inches, but the detail is less, and the main parts of the costume are kept while belts and other un-necessicites are lost due to the limit space for clothes and such.

If you're willing to pay $30, I suggest the 11-inch or so doll. The detail is fair, and plus, maybe I'll throw in a rum bottle! XD I'm guessing I'll find yo u at the convention somewhere, ne?

My name is Victoria =D May I ask your name, Shadow?

White collar it is, Sasu-Chan! ^^ *taps your nose*

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2006, 10:56:38 am »
Oh Rin Rin, thank you so much! ^__^ I've been dying for a Jack Sparrow plushie.

Let's see.. the 11 or 12 inch doll size will be just fine. Since I'd love for the plushie to have the detail. OMG rum bottle! XD That would be awesome! Oh yes, I'll be around the convention. Will you be in the dealer's room? If you need to find me I'll be in Shadow cosplay. ^^ (I don't think there will be many Shadow's running around.) If needed I'll be more than happy to give you my cell phone number.

Nice to meet you Victoria! My name is Shannon. ^^ (I'm a female unlike my SN may suggest.)

Thank you so much again!

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2006, 07:03:38 pm »
Looks like I might have to pick up a Negima doll too. ^_^

Okay, let's see here...

The star fruit, Sora, Kairi, and Riku from KH; Heero, Trowa, Duo from GW; Chi from Chobits; Chun Li fro Street Fighter; Negi, Asuna, Setsuna, and *squint* Kamo-kun? from Negima; Ed from FMA; Totoro; Kirby; Tama-chan from Love Hina; Syaoran from Tsubasa; Cloud, Tifa, Aerith (or Aeris), and Vincent from FF7; Soubi; Tohru from Fruits Basket; and Namida from my story.

I think I'm missing a few.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2006, 07:22:58 pm »
*smiles*I might just have to order the three Starlight plushies from you Rin-Rin... Though I'd only be able to pay for them at the convention. That's the way it goes with my job and I... *sighs* But, you make very adorable plushies!

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2006, 10:09:53 pm »
the white triangles will be fine my dear!  Hey I got a sewing machine yesterday! I am so excited to learn how to use it =D  I need help though o.o;

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2006, 08:06:03 pm »
Wooooo! ^_________^ Just confirmed today at 5:42PM!!!!

I'm the last table in the Artist Alley! *does the awesome dance*

I'll be plowing full steam ahead now! The very least, a doll a night - two would be great!

I'm hoping, a crazy scheme, to try and get over a thousand O.o I wonder if it's possible with felt, glue, thread, and a little of my heart, hehe.

So, if I make 50 dolls the size of 11 inches, that'd be $1000 right there. If I make 30 dolls of 11 inches, and 10 dolls the big size selling at $30, that'd be $900, plus the $100 from the 20 $5 hearts I'm making right now!

Hurry and submit your suggestions for names on a heart keychain! Anime character name! Video Game name! I can do any name, or short phrase - ask me if I can do it, I'll try, and if so, I'll save it for you at the convention!

Also - I won't add any to the cost of pre-ordering!!! - There is no point, I'm making the dolls just because people would like to see them/have them at the convention. So, no paying extra for asking for a doll to be made - I may stop short soon and say no more comissions so hurry up! That "no more comissions" would apply for dollys only - I will continue taking heart names till the end of August, I would think.

^^ That is all! And I will use white triangles, Leashy-Chan! Wooo! Awesome possum! I'll put it to good use and help you out with the costume when I come over! <33333

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2006, 09:43:45 pm »
so rin rin i dont know if this questions been ask but how many KH char plushies are you making lol

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:21 pm »
Okay Rin Rin. That's it. I would like to commisson you to make three plushies.

Sailor Star Fighter/Seiya Kou.
Sailor Star Maker/Taiki Kou.
Sailor Star Healer/Yaten Kou.

It doesn't matter what size they are. But, if you would like some good pictures. Contact me through MSN or yahoo.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline kairi

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2006, 01:28:31 am »
hey would u make small versions of
*kairi-kh2 pink dress version
*sephiroth?

that would be so awesome and i would definetly by them from u at the con :)
another good idea for a doll would be zetzue from s-cry-ed
Chibiroth

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2006, 08:14:26 pm »
Alright, no more comissions henceforth! XD

My following jobs are as follows:

Nova - 20% Finished(Have all materials just today! Will start right away)
Jack Sparrow - 40% finished
Mithra - 0% Finished (Needs materials/colors)
Sailor Stars - 0% on all three
And Kairi semi-mini/Sephiroth semi-mini

I'm saying semi mini because both are fairly detailed, so I'll make a new size, I think, in between mini and average anime size. ^^ Thanks!

Oh, And regarding the Starlights, do you want them to be wearing:

http://www.prose-n-poetry.com/images/anime/sailor_starlights/Sailor_Starlights-10517.jpg - This outfit, or

http://www.wfu.edu/~gonzall/Sailor%20Moon/Sailor_Starlights-9000.jpg - This outfits?

Your choice, I'll be starting Nova dressing tonight, and Jack Sparrow should be done tonight, hopefully!

Heart Name Update - I've added Vincent, Sephiroth, Reno names onto hearts! I've got 8 hearts now - I'll take on any 5 requests at the moment! ^^

Thanks! And Wolfwood-Chan, I think only 4 - I doubt I'll have time to do KH Sora/Kairi/Riku unless I make them into my 11-inch size XD So 4 KH characters - KH2 Sora/Kairi/Riku/Roxas (Roxy is still being made/dressed)

- Rin Rin