Author Topic: Nintendo 2015  (Read 29800 times)

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
Re: Nintendo 2015
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 07:50:48 am »
I personally try to stay away from the Clock Tower for shoots (and just in general) because there's usually a lot of people just hanging out or dancing or doing improv shoots so photos are always crowded with people in the background.  Which for me is kind of a turn off.  I hate when I do some cool pose or am getting a photo with someone and there's a ton of people photo bombing in back. 

In the past I've done shoots where we meet at the clock tower but then move after ten or fifteen minutes to a better location to actually take photos.  There's this cool spot a few blocks down that has a big green wall that's pretty cool to take photos by because there's not too many people.  It's cooler at night but during the day is nice too.  But I'd only move locations if we're doing a lot of pose like photos.  Here's a pic of us doing a night shoot there:

If we're just having a meet-up where we snap a few pics, might as well be at the Clock Tower.  But if you're wanting professional photographer status kind of photos done, we'd probably want to go elsewhere to avoid the crowds.

Anyway, that's my two-cents just from past experiences.  Obviously it's up to the group to decide and what not and my friends and I will show up no matter what we do. 

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 12:31:29 pm »
I personally try to stay away from the Clock Tower for shoots (and just in general) because there's usually a lot of people just hanging out or dancing or doing improv shoots so photos are always crowded with people in the background.  Which for me is kind of a turn off.  I hate when I do some cool pose or am getting a photo with someone and there's a ton of people photo bombing in back. 

In the past I've done shoots where we meet at the clock tower but then move after ten or fifteen minutes to a better location to actually take photos.  There's this cool spot a few blocks down that has a big green wall that's pretty cool to take photos by because there's not too many people.  It's cooler at night but during the day is nice too.  But I'd only move locations if we're doing a lot of pose like photos.  Here's a pic of us doing a night shoot there:

If we're just having a meet-up where we snap a few pics, might as well be at the Clock Tower.  But if you're wanting professional photographer status kind of photos done, we'd probably want to go elsewhere to avoid the crowds.

Anyway, that's my two-cents just from past experiences.  Obviously it's up to the group to decide and what not and my friends and I will show up no matter what we do.

Will is just your typical "visited gathering in a large photoshoot" kinda thing.. Like any other normal gathering photoshoot that takes place. There's no professional hired to take pics, this is a public gathering. A hired person would need the exact time frame and number of people so they can charge accordingly. Without knowing this, the only pros that could attend to take pics would be ones that just happen to know it's going on and show up.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »

Will is just your typical "visited gathering in a large photoshoot" kinda thing.. Like any other normal gathering photoshoot that takes place. There's no professional hired to take pics, this is a public gathering. A hired person would need the exact time frame and number of people so they can charge accordingly. Without knowing this, the only pros that could attend to take pics would be ones that just happen to know it's going on and show up.

I figured as much.  I was just saying in case anyone brought a photographer along, it'd be better to move elsewhere.  I know I'm trying to find/hire a couple myself.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »

I figured as much.  I was just saying in case anyone brought a photographer along, it'd be better to move elsewhere.  I know I'm trying to find/hire a couple myself.

If someone does, then I can see that being something to do, but so far, no one has mentioned anything other than you about any professionals. If you happen to get one and it's better to move the location I don't mind at all.

Offline _snikerz_

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »
Is it free to attend the photoshoot? ??? ? This is my first time attending a cosplay photoshoot. Any heads up I shoulld know of?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »
Is it free to attend the photoshoot? ??? ? This is my first time attending a cosplay photoshoot. Any heads up I shoulld know of?

Yes it is.
Since you're new I'll just go ahead and explain the difference between the free public ones and non public one.
The main difference is it's not a nice long thread with many people randomly saying who they are coming as if it's not a public free photoshoot. For private ones, the person wanting a private shoot would message a photographer for a time slot and work it all out that way. If they are looking for a photographer, it'll be stated specifically that they are looking for someone to have a professional shoot with. Posting publically what time and day and location, is never something that a cosplayer will do for a private photoshoot. It will all either be in messages between them and the photographer, or on the thread of the actual photographer, but on those, it's someone advertizing their skills for hire, which is a very obvious thing. When people make these kinds of threads, it's never a private photo shoot. It's a fan run gathering where we all meet and some people who want pictures will come and take them on their own time. Unless someone pays for a person to attend the shoot, but that's on that person alone. So like, say earlier in the thread, Kori was saying they might have a professional or something to get nice pictures. If that person charges, I sure as hell am not paying them. I didn't ask them to come. If they are getting paid, it's on the person that invited them.

It seems a little confusing in text only lol It's easier for me to explain things in person lol

Offline _snikerz_

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2015, 09:33:17 pm »

Yes it is.
Since you're new I'll just go ahead and explain the difference between the free public ones and non public one.
The main difference is it's not a nice long thread with many people randomly saying who they are coming as if it's not a public free photoshoot. For private ones, the person wanting a private shoot would message a photographer for a time slot and work it all out that way. If they are looking for a photographer, it'll be stated specifically that they are looking for someone to have a professional shoot with. Posting publically what time and day and location, is never something that a cosplayer will do for a private photoshoot. It will all either be in messages between them and the photographer, or on the thread of the actual photographer, but on those, it's someone advertizing their skills for hire, which is a very obvious thing. When people make these kinds of threads, it's never a private photo shoot. It's a fan run gathering where we all meet and some people who want pictures will come and take them on their own time. Unless someone pays for a person to attend the shoot, but that's on that person alone. So like, say earlier in the thread, Kori was saying they might have a professional or something to get nice pictures. If that person charges, I sure as hell am not paying them. I didn't ask them to come. If they are getting paid, it's on the person that invited them.

It seems a little confusing in text only lol It's easier for me to explain things in person lol

thanks for the help! I guess I will see you there!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2015, 10:49:52 pm »

Yes it is.

You're welcome ^_^
I don't honestly know how much help I really was..I mean..I started to confuse myself in that message lol If you understood what I said than I guess awesome..See you there too. What are you going to be cosplaying?

Offline _snikerz_

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2015, 01:18:04 pm »

Yes it is.

You're welcome ^_^
I don't honestly know how much help I really was..I mean..I started to confuse myself in that message lol If you understood what I said than I guess awesome..See you there too. What are you going to be cosplaying?
I am going to be cosplaying female ash

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »
Oh that is pretty awesome then. I haven't really kept up on the Pokemon thread for adding people, so I didn't know if you posted there or not, but if not you should go to that too. I'll be a Pokemon and RWBY cossover. I'm hoping to have some laminated "badges" to hand out if you can beat me in a game. If you have Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS, you can battle me, or I'll play Rock, Paper, Scissors. But this is only if I can get the badges done (I need lamination paper and pin backs)

Offline _snikerz_

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2015, 03:44:12 pm »
Thats so cool!  :)  I can not remember if I posted anything on that thread, I will go check it out!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2015, 04:08:15 pm »
Thats so cool!  :)  I can not remember if I posted anything on that thread, I will go check it out!

I looked back. And yes, you actually did reply to that thread lol I thought you did becasuse I remembered seeing a post about a female Ash, but I didn't remember if that was something I actually saw lol

Offline _snikerz_

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 08:09:09 pm »

I looked back. And yes, you actually did reply to that thread lol I thought you did becasuse I remembered seeing a post about a female Ash, but I didn't remember if that was something I actually saw lol
I guess I will see you there then! :)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2015, 08:15:31 pm »
Depending on what I feel like and the weather, I'll be either Melba from Animal Crossing or Murph from Pokémon Ranger.

Offline Ichiro

• Oni
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2015, 03:09:54 pm »
I'll be wolf Link from twilight princess :3

Offline LinkThePrincess

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Legend of the Gathering Cosplay
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »
I'll be wolf Link from twilight princess :3
That'll be really cool!
Kcon 2016 lineup:
Female Wirt - Over the Garden Wall
Female Dipper - Gravity Falls
Raven (with beast boy) - Teen Titans
Savior Flareon - Pokémon/ Sailor Moon crossover
Jessica and Rodger Rabbit - Who Framed Rodger Rabbit

Legend of the Gathering  Cosplay

Offline LinkThePrincess

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2015, 03:10:08 pm »
Hey guys! I was informed that the Zelda Photoshoot was mashed together with this one. If it is okay with the original host I would like to host a Zelda photoshoot around 1 on Saturday.
I have created a Facebook group for it and would gladly take over the forum thread. :)!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/694591320641190/
Kcon 2016 lineup:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »
Hey guys! I was informed that the Zelda Photoshoot was mashed together with this one. If it is okay with the original host I would like to host a Zelda photoshoot around 1 on Saturday.
I have created a Facebook group for it and would gladly take over the forum thread. :) !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/694591320641190/

Umm..I have no idea what you are talking about..I never heard this..I'm the one running this photoshoot, so if anyone should be notified of this it would be me. I never heard of any mashup. I believe I posted in the Zelda thread that those cosplayers are invited to this shoot because Zelda is Nintendo, but they SHOULD be 2 different shoots. Zelda with their own, and this one separate.

Also, what thread are you offering to take over? The Zelda one? If so, it's not up to me or the people of this thread. It's completely up to the Zelda thread and their host. If that host is neglecting to update (and isn't seeming to come on anymore) then ask them if you can take over because of the odd situation, but if that host is still active, it's rude to just take over.

However, I don't care if you have a Zelda photoshoot earlier the same day..I have no right or reason to tell you not to..You can have any photoshoot whenever you want to. I don't have any say in what you can and can't do with your own time. If the people in the Zelda thread are fine with it, then go ahead..Being on the same day as this Nintendo one would be better than on any other day anyway, because that way they can have that, then this.

Oh, and before you get too confused on what I first said about them being invited, but not mashed, what I mean is that this is an ALL thread. As in every single cosplayer that is in a game playable on the Nintendo game systems (console and handheld alike) are welcome to show up to this Nintendo shoot. Zelda itself will be Zlda ONLY, meaning no Mario, no Samus, ONLY Zelda characters. In a way, this is a mashup, but Zelda should have it's own specific shoot as well. It would be rude to the Zelda cosplayers to not let them have their own shoot and force them into this one and nothing else lol

I hope this cleared up the confusion you had. If you have any more questions or anything, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to try not to give a confusing answer (I'm not teh best at that haha) but still, it's better to know for sure

^_^
Hope to see you there. And sorry this is so long..I didn't mean for it to be lol Oh well, I hope it helps.

A LITTLE EDIT:
Sorry, I saw this first and after posting this, I went to the Zelda thread.
The person closed it because Kori told them false information..I'd appreciate it if people would not do that. But you can win all the time I guess..People will say whatever they want without confirmation anyway..

Anyway, the person that started the Zelda thread only deleted the info (and linked referring to here) because of that incorrect information. I know she is on here A LOT and VERY often, so I messaged her (her and I talk quite a bit in threads here) and informed her to just not listen to anything Kori says, if she's just gonna throw around whatever information she wants.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:48:30 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:14 pm »
Um, hi, I'd really appreciate not being called a liar.  That'd be real cool.  Especially without checking the facts first.

This is the exact conversion from the Zelda thread:

Princess_of_zeal (host of Zelda shoot):  I think I rather just go to the Nintendo shoot.  I mean, if anything, we can meet up there, right?

Me:  I know I said this on the Nintendo thread but might as well post here too.  My friends and I are doing a Link Between Worlds group.  I'll be Princess Hilda (just finished my stuff today~) along with my Ravio, Link and Zelda.  We're planning on wearing them mostly on Friday so it'd be nice if the shoot was that day at some time but we're fine with changing if we have to.

Princess_of_zeal:  It sounds like it has already been decided:  https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=19101.0

Me:  So this one just combined with the Nintendo shoot?  I'll see if I can change it so we do it on Saturday instead but we'll see if.

Princess_of_zeal:  Yeah, not enough people chipped in soon enough.  I might have been able to hold out a bit longer but I also volunteered to take pictures for Kumoricon.  So, too many things to factor in.  X_x  IF you guys could do it on saturday instead, that would be awesome!  ^_^

Where am I lying about anything?  The Zelda shoot got cancelled because not enough people participated, so we said to just do the Nintendo shoot instead.  How is that lying about anything?  When someone asked a question about the Zelda shoot, I informed them that there isn't a specific Zelda shoot anymore and just a Nintendo one.  Maybe 'combined' wasn't the right word but that's pretty much what happened.    I WANTED two separate shoots but I was informed there was no longer a Zelda shoot and just this one.  I was passing on information I had been told.

You don't have to be a bitch about it and talk **** about me.  Sorry for the language.  But I'm kinda of upset about getting online and seeing people talk trash about me over something stupid like a meet-up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:38:05 pm by Kori123 »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »
Um, hi, I'd really appreciate not being called a liar.  That'd be real cool.  Especially without checking the facts first.

Princess_of_zeal (host of Zelda shoot):  I think I rather just go to the Nintendo shoot.  I mean, if anything, we can meet up there, right?

Me:  I know I said this on the Nintendo thread but might as well post here too.  My friends and I are doing a Link Between Worlds group.  I'll be Princess Hilda (just finished my stuff today~) along with my Ravio, Link and Zelda.  We're planning on wearing them mostly on Friday so it'd be nice if the shoot was that day at some time but we're fine with changing if we have to.

Princess_of_zeal:  It sounds like it has already been decided:  https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=19101.0

Me:  So this one just combined with the Nintendo shoot?  I'll see if I can change it so we do it on Saturday instead but we'll see if.

Princess_of_zeal:  Yeah, not enough people chipped in soon enough.  I might have been able to hold out a bit longer but I also volunteered to take pictures for Kumoricon.  So, too many things to factor in.  X_x  IF you guys could do it on saturday instead, that would be awesome!  ^_^

Where am I lying about anything?  The Zelda shoot got cancelled because not enough people participated, so we said to just do the Nintendo shoot instead.  How is that lying about anything?  When someone asked a question about the Zelda shoot, I informed them that there isn't a specific Zelda shoot anymore and just a Nintendo one.  Maybe 'combined' wasn't the right word but that's pretty much what happened.    I WANTED two separate shoots but I was informed there was no longer a Zelda shoot and just this one.  I was passing on information I had been told.

You don't have to be a bitch about it and talk **** about me.  Sorry for the language.  But I'm kinda of upset about getting online and seeing people talk trash about me over something stupid like a meet-up.

Ok....Either way no one told me any of this. It'd be nice if people decided to inform the person RUNNING this thread that they are mashing things into it..You know..So the RUNNER knows what's happening..I was informed of NOTHING, and I saw you told the person above that they were mashed. Noone said anything to me. So regardless, it's not true. I don't care who did it anymore..

Rule of thumb: If you are not running the photoshoot, you don't get to decide these things ("you" being a general term, not directed at any one person, but at everyone).

Someone can ask or make a comment about it being a possibility, but the person that gets to decide if a photoshoot get's to be mashed with another, is the person running the one being mashed into. With Zelda cosplayers already being part of the Nintendo shoot, "mashing" the shoots is kinda redundant..There's no need to mash a specific series into a whole other shoot they are already welcome to attend. Zelda cosplayers should have their own shoot if they want. It seems it was wanted, I have no idea where anyone got the assumption that this shoot being here meant that Zelda couldn't have their own.

Offline LinkThePrincess

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2015, 10:18:35 pm »
Okay ladies lets calm down before someone gets banned. I did not mean to start anything.  Sailor_jemini, I was referring to taking over the Zelda thread. I realize the difference between the Zelda only and Nintendo shoots which is why I would like to hold an all Zelda. :) and I will of course remind them of the Nintendo meetup later in the day. I have contacted the original host of the Zelda shoot and she is perfectly fine with me taking over.
Kcon 2016 lineup:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2015, 10:56:06 pm »

Ok....Either way no one told me any of this. It'd be nice if people decided to inform the person RUNNING this thread that they are mashing things into it..You know..So the RUNNER knows what's happening..I was informed of NOTHING, and I saw you told the person above that they were mashed. Noone said anything to me. So regardless, it's not true. I don't care who did it anymore..

Rule of thumb: If you are not running the photoshoot, you don't get to decide these things ("you" being a general term, not directed at any one person, but at everyone).

Someone can ask or make a comment about it being a possibility, but the person that gets to decide if a photoshoot get's to be mashed with another, is the person running the one being mashed into. With Zelda cosplayers already being part of the Nintendo shoot, "mashing" the shoots is kinda redundant..There's no need to mash a specific series into a whole other shoot they are already welcome to attend. Zelda cosplayers should have their own shoot if they want. It seems it was wanted, I have no idea where anyone got the assumption that this shoot being here meant that Zelda couldn't have their own.

I honestly don't understand why you're so upset in the first place.  The Zelda shoot getting cancelled doesn't affect you in anyway.  It just means more people will be going to this shoot instead of the other.  There was some slight miscommunication in wording (which I take full responsibility for) by saying the two shoots were combined when really one was just cancelled and it was suggested Zelda cosplayers go to this shoot instead.

Yes, LinkThePrincess asked to host a Zelda shoot, but again, it doesn't affect you aside from the fact she asked you.  She was asking a simple question, which I think is wonderful.  I want there to be a Zelda themed shoot.  But again, you don't have to snap or jump on people rudely about it.  It was a simple communication problem and it's solved now.

I mostly have a problem because again, logging in and seeing me specifically being called out as a liar, is just uncalled for.  Maybe PM me next time and talk it through before slandering my name because as far as I knew, I had the correct information and the creator of the Zelda thread even agreed with me.  To see just my name being attacked and not both of us felt like a personal attack and was super uncalled for.

Offline LinkThePrincess

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2015, 11:20:29 pm »

[/quote]

Yes, LinkThePrincess asked to host a Zelda shoot, but again, it doesn't affect you aside from the fact she asked you.
[/quote]

I would like to point out I was actually referring to the original host of the Zelda shoot and not sailor jemini. I had already sent a message to princess of zeal and was awaiting her approval to take over the shoot.
Kcon 2016 lineup:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2015, 11:26:21 pm »

Yes, LinkThePrincess asked to host a Zelda shoot, but again, it doesn't affect you aside from the fact she asked you.

I would like to point out I was actually referring to the original host of the Zelda shoot and not sailor jemini. I had already sent a message to princess of zeal and was awaiting her approval to take over the shoot.

Ah right.  I thought you had asked permission from Sailor Jemini to take the Zelda shoot.  Either way, it's all solved.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:57 pm »
I don't understand why you're getting so heated over more people showing up to the shoot, or acting like there's a ton of pressure on you or something, literally all that comes with "running" a photoshoot is a post on the forums saying when and where, that's like genuinely all the put in you need to do after getting a vague idea of like when works best for you.
People seem super mad at slight miscommunication in this thread lmao.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2015, 11:41:45 pm »
I don't understand why you're getting so heated over more people showing up to the shoot, or acting like there's a ton of pressure on you or something, literally all that comes with "running" a photoshoot is a post on the forums saying when and where, that's like genuinely all the put in you need to do after getting a vague idea of like when works best for you.
People seem super mad at slight miscommunication in this thread lmao.

That's why I'm wondering where the hostility was coming from and why it was all geared at me directly.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2015, 01:08:02 am »
I'm being lazy and not going to read all that but I know that everything photoshoot wise has been sorted and it was just a bunch of misunderstandings.   I'm going to try to attend both Nintendo and Zelda with Ravio.  ^_^

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:56 am »
Alright I'm sorry for any misunderstandings and misreading or anything else. All I know is that I was told "I heard the zelda shoot was combined with this one", so I looked and saw that you (Kori) had told LinkThePrincess that the Zelda shoot and this one were mashed. Then I went to the first post in that thread to see when it was updated. It was updated AFTER you posted made that post, because then princess-of-zeal wrote back to that she updated the thread.

So I'm sorry I sounded so harsh toward you. I hope you can understand my point of view as well.

Yet none of that was told to me. It doesn't matter if it means more people coming to the photo shoot. The person running the shot that gets added to should be told these kinds of things. And also like I said, "combining" in kind of redundant..There won't be "more people at this shoot now", because all of those people were invited anyway, so regardless, they would have showen up, and actually, there's a better chance of them NOT showing up, becuase if there's no Zelda shoot prior to this one, there's no one to say "Alright, so later on today here we will have a Nintendo shoot, here's the time and day", so all the people who WOULD have gone to the Zelda shoot, that do not know about this, would not show up for this.

All I'm asking is that if someone wants to give out information on a shoot, to others..Confirm things first. Not with someone else, but from the person running the shoot. This goes for any shoot, not just one that I'm running. It's a bit rude to include things to an event someone is hosting if the host isn't even aware of it.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:36 pm »
I don't know if I came across as rude (not saying anyone was implying this) but it was not my intention.   

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2015, 12:18:11 pm »
When it was said the shoot were 'combined', it was meant as a 'this one isn't happening, so go to the other if you hadn't planned on it already'.  I still don't see why it matters if we confirmed it with you or not.  The creator of the Zelda shoot said it all, I was just repeating it. 

I personally don't go to general shoots like this.  I would rather go to specific ones.  So by me saying 'the Zelda shoot has been combined with this one', I was saying 'hey, this shoot is longer happening but there's this shoot you can go to instead'.  Maybe I should be more specific next time.  But like I said, I'd rather go to a shoot where it's all Zelda cosplayers instead of a shoot that might have or two and a bunch of other characters I don't necessarily care about.  If it happens again, next time I won't turn them to another shoot. 

Anyway.  Since the Zelda shoot is back on, there's no need for me and my friends to attend this one.  And with all this drama, resolved or not, it still just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'd rather just avoid any more. 

Good luck with this shoot.  Have an awesome con everyone!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:29:27 pm by Kori123 »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »
When it was said the shoot were 'combined', it was meant as a 'this one isn't happening, so go to the other if you hadn't planned on it already'.  I still don't see why it matters if we confirmed it with you or not.  The creator of the Zelda shoot said it all, I was just repeating it. 

I personally don't go to general shoots like this.  I would rather go to specific ones.  So by me saying 'the Zelda shoot has been combined with this one', I was saying 'hey, this shoot is longer happening but there's this shoot you can go to instead'.  Maybe I should be more specific next time.  But like I said, I'd rather go to a shoot where it's all Zelda cosplayers instead of a shoot that might have or two and a bunch of other characters I don't necessarily care about.  If it happens again, next time I won't turn them to another shoot. 

Anyway.  Since the Zelda shoot is back on, there's no need for me and my friends to attend this one.  And with all this drama, resolved or not, it still just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'd rather just avoid any more. 

Good luck with this shoot.  Have an awesome con everyone!

I understand now. I was wrong, I'm sorry. I saw what I was talking about above and must have jumped to a conclusion, but looking at it the way I said I saw things, it''s very easy to come to that conclusion.

Then don't attend. I won't ask you to do something you don't want to, but we are gonna still have fun regardless of you there or not. If you want to be a part of the shoot, you are welcome to do so.

If one thing happening once is more than enough to make you not even want to have fun with the other people as well, then that's your grudge. Like I said, I won't ask you to attend if that's what you want, but not coming just because you had a spat with someone once, is a little much.
I really don't know how to say it without sounding like a jerk..But it's like..Kinda childish..Basically you just said "You said I lied once, so now I don't wanna be a part of what you are a part of". Like, yea it sounds bad coming from someone you just had it out with, but that's how it looks..It's a shame that one problem (that got solved) made you want to not be a part of this anymore.

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2015, 09:50:48 pm »
I hope people still show up to this..? I thought about this photo shoot so we could bring all Smash brothers/Nintendo fans together and just have fun!!! :D
So let's try and keep this a non-negative-drama free please...

I hope after all this I can see you guys there, so we can have a good time! ^_^
2019 cosplay

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2015, 10:28:35 pm »
I agree with Abe.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:19 pm »
I don't think it's being childish.  It's just my choice that if I don't like the company, I don't go.  Like I said, I didn't like what happened even if it's passed.  So I'd just rather not go.  I still plan to have fun at con and at the Zelda shoot and I hope you all have fun with the things you do and this shoot.  No sarcasm or anything.  I just don't want to go to this shoot. 

Plus, like I also said before, I like going to be specific shoots so if Zelda is back on, I'd rather do that than this.  Not trying to sound rude or 'childish', I'm just saying for me, I'd rather not go.

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 10:40:01 am »
My Palutena is almost ready, just waiting on the armor-type-thingies and huge medallion to be finished.  The wig just came and despite my fear that it would end up looking neon green or something it should work just fine.  I'm hopeful of getting pictures before con so that I can maybe enter cosplay chess with her.

Without talking too much about it, I'd just like to ask for the ongoing discussion of the simple miscommunication about photo shoots to be put to rest.  Just drop it.  We've figured out what happened there and identified what's really going down, so there's no need to continue prolonging it.  This thread should be for planning on a fun get-together for various assorted Nintendo/Smash Bros cosplay! 

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2015, 03:57:33 pm »
I think we should all do the Iwata pose as a tribute. You know, when he'd have his hands out at an angle with his hands vertical...not sure how to describe it but he did it a lot in the directs.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:55 pm »
I think we should all do the Iwata pose as a tribute. You know, when he'd have his hands out at an angle with his hands vertical...not sure how to describe it but he did it a lot in the directs.

Are you talking about this:
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1544/15443861/2779024-9669521847-Iwata.png
?

While I'm a big nintendo fan, I don't watch the thing real people do normally..Like I don't watch the E3 things unless it's something I am waiting to hear about (like KH3), so I didn't even know that this was even a thing lol

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2015, 10:30:15 am »

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1544/15443861/2779024-9669521847-Iwata.png
?

While I'm a big nintendo fan, I don't watch the thing real people do normally..Like I don't watch the E3 things unless it's something I am waiting to hear about (like KH3), so I didn't even know that this was even a thing lol

I only watched it this year when square totally trolled a lot of people by using Chrono Trigger music and such in their ad before the show.  CURSE YOU SQUARE ENIX!!!!!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2015, 12:02:58 pm »

?

I only watched it this year when square totally trolled a lot of people by using Chrono Trigger music and such in their ad before the show.  CURSE YOU SQUARE ENIX!!!!!

Oh? Yea see, I didn't even know they did that..i literally watched the KH3 trailer and the FFVII Trailer on youtube..I saw no other E3 footage whatsoever. This is how little I watch this stuff. So there is zero chance I would have known anything other than the fact that they showed the 2 trailers I mentioned, because it's the only thing I saw.

But I ask again, was that picture the pose you were talking about? I don't mind a shot like that, but I have to know if it's even right first.

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2015, 06:40:03 pm »
One more update: Got my Palutena shield painted a nice metallic blue and need a gold border to finish it up, the armor should be ready by the end of the week.  All in all Palutena is a go!  My OOT Zelda is also getting close to being done, so I'll be having 2 Nintendo characters in my roster for the weekend. 

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 07:50:59 pm »

?

Yeah, that one! Either that or pass out bananas for everyone and do that pose but this one is a lot cheaper.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2015, 11:24:05 pm »
Snafu, that's awesome. We should find each other while you are in whichever one you aren't bringing to this shoot. So if you bring Palutena to this, then I would like to get pics of your Zelda as well, and vise versa.

Blackjack, Alright, I'll be sure to integrate that into the shoot. Maybe during the part of the shot where everyone from every series there is in one shot.

Offline imaperfectlilangel

• Cabbit
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2015, 09:12:04 pm »
Jeimi you already know I'm going to both shoots as pikachu but I thought I would post it in here too

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 11:35:48 pm »
Jeimi you already know I'm going to both shoots as pikachu but I thought I would post it in here too

Oh yea lol I forgot to add you on the Pokemon thread lol See ya there.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:11 pm »
Uploaded my picture of the shoot. The link is in the first post.