Author Topic: (Repost) Hetalia World Meeting 2012  (Read 81965 times)

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
Re: (Repost) Hetalia World Meeting 2012
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2012, 09:39:16 am »
I'm so sorry. I feel terrible not showing up to the panel like I'd said that I would, but I had some serious health issues that night and no way of contacting any of you to let you know that I'd be unable to attend >.<;;
2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2012, 10:21:50 am »
I was ashally really sad about the pannel this year the fact i had a few friends this year who wanted to go and they were told becuse they did not sign up on the fourms they could not get in... if this is true this is not a very kind pannel becuse everyone dose not have a fourm or even internet to the facts as well. I hope that this is not true due to the hard work everyone gose threw to make this pannel alot of fun.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:22:55 am by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:40 pm »
To the 2p! Italy that was sitting next to me and my friend (the obnoxious Eevee) on Day 1 at the Hetalia World Meeting, I am so sorry. She was unmediated and she has Asperger's Syndrome. I was the Haku (Silver Wig, Red Contacts, Fancy Sleeves).
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »
I was ashally really sad about the pannel this year the fact i had a few friends this year who wanted to go and they were told becuse they did not sign up on the fourms they could not get in... if this is true this is not a very kind pannel becuse everyone dose not have a fourm or even internet to the facts as well. I hope that this is not true due to the hard work everyone gose threw to make this pannel alot of fun.

That's not true at all, the thing about signing up on the forums is that they get to sit in the front row, thats it,. other than that everyone is welcome.
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
woo made it through another year! though boy there was much more chaos and poor deicsions made. But this is still all a learning experience; like should really keep this only one panel per con; maybe slim it to 2.5 hours since people didnt like it being so long (though 2 hours is still short). Keep 2P out of it (apparentally we frightened a *lot* of our people away because of it). Maybe get at least one more host and so on and so forth.

But yea.. about the first meeting.. sorry about me breaking down and crying like that. That was really stupid and unprofessional of me to do in the middle of a panel. I was just really stressed and hated that so many people were laughing at me for telling them to follow the rules so we didn't get in trouble. I probably could have handled it better.. but at least it made the meeting a little bit calmer.

Who made you cry? who the hell made you cry?! OH MY GOD. If I didn't get my badge taken away from my aunt. And I was their. I would have told them to leave. NO ONE. disrespects my friends and the hosts of a panel. OR ANY ONE FOR THAT MATTER.

Any way Kyo. You ready to to do it again next year?

There might not *be* a next year for us. People thought we sucked at the panel so theyre forciobly taking it over on the rest of the forum. This might have been our final year running it guys....
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »
Just something worth noting: Programming decides who runs what based on a lot of different factors, but I'm pretty sure that who starts threads first in the forums isn't one of them. Everyone is welcome to start their own. We don't encourage duplication, but if different groups are competing for the same idea and don't feel it's possible to work together, the threads should be kept separate.

Also, please note that discussion of off-forum disputes should be kept to a minimum. Everyone is absolutely welcome to try to improve panels by soliciting feedback and participation, throwing out ideas, discussing what they think will make their panel good, etc... but disparaging (or defending) others' panels doesn't accomplish that goal.

(For that matter, I also seriously doubt that it impresses Programming. But that's just my personal opinion.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2012, 05:14:23 pm »
hey! i thought my friends were just planning on doign a FACE panel, where i was going to be france, and i didn't know they wanted to take over your guys's panel. i honestly dont think thats cool man....

also feedback. 1. i had to leave the first panel a few times because of stuff. it wasn't because of the panel. but i couldn't hear barely anything anyone was saying. and i was kinda releived to come back to less people in the room

2. i thought it was odd that you guys didn't have more people answering questions up at the front. like i thought the panel was going to be a sort of Q and A panel for multipal nations.

3. 2nd panel was WAYYYYY better. i feel like the 2P! hetalia should probably stay on tumblr personally. because they're all fan based characters for the most part. and alot of people must have thought you guys were bringing OC's into the panel or some sort like that.

also. you guys need to talk to denmark and nando about this because i didn't think they were going to try to take over your whole panel idea. i honestly dont like the idea of that. i feel it very unfair to you guys. me and nando were talking about making a Q-A panel for the FACE family and i think she expanded the idea into a Q-A for the whole allied and axis powers. still. you guys need to talk to them and figure it out because they can't take over your panel. i think you guys deserve your own panel and if they want to do another they need to plan it a separate day.
i really hope you guys can figure this all out and all. im gonna talk to nando about what the deal is with denmark stealing your panel idea and crap. because you guys still deserve to have your panel. it was your guys's idea, you set it up, and its obvious you work hard at it.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »
Just something worth noting: Programming decides who runs what based on a lot of different factors, but I'm pretty sure that who starts threads first in the forums isn't one of them. Everyone is welcome to start their own. We don't encourage duplication, but if different groups are competing for the same idea and don't feel it's possible to work together, the threads should be kept separate.

Also, please note that discussion of off-forum disputes should be kept to a minimum. Everyone is absolutely welcome to try to improve panels by soliciting feedback and participation, throwing out ideas, discussing what they think will make their panel good, etc... but disparaging (or defending) others' panels doesn't accomplish that goal.

(For that matter, I also seriously doubt that it impresses Programming. But that's just my personal opinion.)

i agree compleatly and thats why i've put up the point of whitch where they all need to discuss the panel outside of the forums and figure it all out. because whatever it may be im sure the people who have set up the panels in the past and are planning to set them up can fairly place their panel ideas if they speak with each other beforehand. although apparently this hasn't yet happened and needs to.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »
hey! i thought my friends were just planning on doign a FACE panel, where i was going to be france, and i didn't know they wanted to take over your guys's panel. i honestly dont think thats cool man....

also feedback. 1. i had to leave the first panel a few times because of stuff. it wasn't because of the panel. but i couldn't hear barely anything anyone was saying. and i was kinda releived to come back to less people in the room

2. i thought it was odd that you guys didn't have more people answering questions up at the front. like i thought the panel was going to be a sort of Q and A panel for multipal nations.

3. 2nd panel was WAYYYYY better. i feel like the 2P! hetalia should probably stay on tumblr personally. because they're all fan based characters for the most part. and alot of people must have thought you guys were bringing OC's into the panel or some sort like that.

also. you guys need to talk to denmark and nando about this because i didn't think they were going to try to take over your whole panel idea. i honestly dont like the idea of that. i feel it very unfair to you guys. me and nando were talking about making a Q-A panel for the FACE family and i think she expanded the idea into a Q-A for the whole allied and axis powers. still. you guys need to talk to them and figure it out because they can't take over your panel. i think you guys deserve your own panel and if they want to do another they need to plan it a separate day.
i really hope you guys can figure this all out and all. im gonna talk to nando about what the deal is with denmark stealing your panel idea and crap. because you guys still deserve to have your panel. it was your guys's idea, you set it up, and its obvious you work hard at it.

Yeah, I agree the second one was better and as Kyo said it's still a learning experience. We're sticking to one per con /always/, and I was actually nervous about making one a 2P panel, but since we were granted two it was kinda a last minute decision but still. //Shrugs.
Also, the world meeting isn't really a Q & A thing where nations up front answer questions in the way you seem to be describing. You would probably be thinking about an 'Ask A Nation' panel, not a world meeting where it is an open discussion of topics and everyone is involved.
I really don't want to argue with people, and if anyone would personally wish to talk to me or Kyo about things I would prefer to be contacted over Skype.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:51 pm »
yes! that would be best! me and nando are talking with denmark and trying to make things fair for you guys. i know you've been running this panel for a while and its very unfair to let denmark try to take the panel from you. she needs to contact you....

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »
woo made it through another year! though boy there was much more chaos and poor deicsions made. But this is still all a learning experience; like should really keep this only one panel per con; maybe slim it to 2.5 hours since people didnt like it being so long (though 2 hours is still short). Keep 2P out of it (apparentally we frightened a *lot* of our people away because of it). Maybe get at least one more host and so on and so forth.

But yea.. about the first meeting.. sorry about me breaking down and crying like that. That was really stupid and unprofessional of me to do in the middle of a panel. I was just really stressed and hated that so many people were laughing at me for telling them to follow the rules so we didn't get in trouble. I probably could have handled it better.. but at least it made the meeting a little bit calmer.

Who made you cry? who the hell made you cry?! OH MY GOD. If I didn't get my badge taken away from my aunt. And I was their. I would have told them to leave. NO ONE. disrespects my friends and the hosts of a panel. OR ANY ONE FOR THAT MATTER.

There might not *be* a next year for us. People thought we sucked at the panel so theyre forciobly taking it over on the rest of the forum. This might have been our final year running it guys....

-cries-

great, so I missed con. and the last freaking hetalia world meeting at this con.

Wow. I new I was gonna give up cosplaying. This is just anouther reason to. =/
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »
Mmkay. My Skype name is the same as my forum name so just send me a contact request or something and I can start talking with you guys.
Kyo and I would like to thank you for actually backing us up and understanding. c:

@RozenMaiden_Girl : No no, it's fine seriously don't worry. You don't need to give up cosplaying and things are going to be settled out. Don't worrryyyyyy~ <3

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »

-cries-

great, so I missed con. and the last freaking hetalia world meeting at this con.

Wow. I new I was gonna give up cosplaying. This is just anouther reason to. =/

no no no no no. we are getting this all sorted out! you guys /will/ be having your panel again. im not going to let denmark try to take it over. that is ridiculous!
you've all worked so hard on the panel for so long. there is no way they can take it over out of no where.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »
^ Would like to inform everyone No one is taking over your pannel and there has been a small miss understand between some people that can be fix so please do not be upset or mad nor attack the other person. It will get fixed and be okay for everyone.

2011 was better then 2012 and i hope you guys can figure out new ways to make it better i can suggest maybe informing on the info of the pannel that there was a sign up for the main countries that was on the fourms so others can understand and not be upset about it

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »
^ Would like to inform everyone No one is taking over your pannel and there has been a small miss understand between some people that can be fix so please do not be upset or mad nor attack the other person. It will get fixed and be okay for everyone.

2011 was better then 2012 and i hope you guys can figure out new ways to make it better i can suggest maybe informing on the info of the pannel that there was a sign up for the main countries that was on the fourms so others can understand and not be upset about it

i dont think really anyone was upset about it. and if someone was its no big deal.
no one is attacking denmark. please stop saying that.
apparently its being fixed i've been working hard on that for a while now.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

I agree with prussia, nobody is really upset and we're not attacking anyone I'm so very sorry if I ever came of that way really I'm so sorry.
Also it was stated that there was people who signed up for the countries before it was never really a secret thing I'm sorry if that seemed shady or something because it wasn't. Once again we're trying to figure this out I would love to talk with everyone somehwere else where we can quickly respond and listen and agbshtrngf I'm sorry. :c

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »

i dont think really anyone was upset about it.
no one is attacking denmark. please stop saying that.
apparently its being fixed i've been working hard on that for a while now.

of course hun I am not saying you guys attacked her or anything I dont want her to be attacked becuse thats what happen to me last time i was on this topic with you all. I am sure you guys can figure this out in a peacful way. with no rude comments to echother. and the fourm thing i think should be cleared up as well so others who are not on the fourms can understand and also a bigger room is alot better idea. i think you guys can get more people in the room and involed

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #267 on: September 05, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »
I dont care. Cosplay is pretty much for ever ruined for me.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #268 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:54 pm »

why? whats up man

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2012, 11:05:26 pm »

why? whats up man

Its been so misserable for the past 6th months and like last minute I didn't get to go. And I was supost to host this panel. and just.
gjerkgia

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2012, 02:49:10 am »
it will get better dude, next year will be a blast with the panel
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline Borzoi_Feet

• Sailor Scout
    • Fanart on Deviant Art
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:52 am »
This year hasn't been easy on myself and a few friends either. It would be inappropriate to go into details here, but if you really love something you should continue to go for it. This year for you was a flop, but that doesn't mean it's the end. Learn from the mistakes and gain enough experience to go to the next level!
For all your stupid fandom comic needs: http://lilithnanhart.deviantart.com/

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:52 am »
I Really think alot of preplanning and going over with the other host can work alot as well. and practiceing with a small meet up can help too. and also planning out how you guys can controle the room and those in it. but still have it be a fun and less stressful on you guys.

Offline Borzoi_Feet

• Sailor Scout
    • Fanart on Deviant Art
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:32 am »
Emphasis on preplanning for certain. You can not go wrong with over preplanning. I've had friends tell me to stop being their moms/dads but when a con is over and done with, no one is complaining of lack of food or major headaches.  ;)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2012, 02:37:03 pm »
Emphasis on preplanning for certain. You can not go wrong with over preplanning. I've had friends tell me to stop being their moms/dads but when a con is over and done with, no one is complaining of lack of food or major headaches.  ;)

^ agree

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »
This year hasn't been easy on myself and a few friends either. It would be inappropriate to go into details here, but if you really love something you should continue to go for it. This year for you was a flop, but that doesn't mean it's the end. Learn from the mistakes and gain enough experience to go to the next level!

I didn't even go this year. So I am not aware of what happened at all.

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »

Fun fact, I over plan like no ones business, per panel I get 4-5 pages of just ifnormation for the panel. Do I need more paperwork? xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Borzoi_Feet

• Sailor Scout
    • Fanart on Deviant Art
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:11 pm »
Fun fact, I over plan like no ones business, per panel I get 4-5 pages of just ifnormation for the panel. Do I need more paperwork? xD
IT WOULDN'T HURT. XD

Offline Borzoi_Feet

• Sailor Scout
    • Fanart on Deviant Art
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2012, 12:34:23 am »
Sorry I should have been more specific, I was referring to your thoughts of giving up cosplay. But if it was never a strong passion/fun for you, feel free to ignore my words. XP It's certainly not a hobby for everyone.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2012, 06:52:52 pm »
Sorry I should have been more specific, I was referring to your thoughts of giving up cosplay. But if it was never a strong passion/fun for you, feel free to ignore my words. XP It's certainly not a hobby for everyone.

well, I have been doing it sense I was 7. And I have become some what pretty good at it.

Offline Borzoi_Feet

• Sailor Scout
    • Fanart on Deviant Art
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2012, 09:43:43 pm »
My first cosplay was Captain Picard, because my Trekkie parents took advantage of me being born bald. otz I don't know if I'm any good at it, but I have liked the cosplay photos I've seen of you. ^^

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »
My first cosplay was Captain Picard, because my Trekkie parents took advantage of me being born bald. otz I don't know if I'm any good at it, but I have liked the cosplay photos I've seen of you. ^^

Awww, thats awesome.

oh thank you.

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »
To those of you who still pay attention to this forum:

I have an announcement.. After KC 13, I am retiring from the World Meeting panels. Wheather they will completely stop after I dismiss them will be up to you. Right now I am thinking about getting an heir to my position to run them after I step down. Who is it? I don't know yet, it's an important decision. But once I decide, I'm going to all I can to train them to be the best they very can so it will be like I never left. Who knows, maybe it'll be better than how I did them.
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2012, 12:21:34 am »

I have an announcement.. After KC 13, I am retiring from the World Meeting panels. Wheather they will completely stop after I dismiss them will be up to you. Right now I am thinking about getting an heir to my position to run them after I step down. Who is it? I don't know yet, it's an important decision. But once I decide, I'm going to all I can to train them to be the best they very can so it will be like I never left. Who knows, maybe it'll be better than how I did them.

Y-You're....retiring? D: Nooo!
I love the World Meetings! ;N; It was so much fun running them with you. :c
Gbfrhjhgf.....they will never be the same without you... </3

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »
I know this is a little late (like a month late...) but I can honestly say that going to the World Meeting was the highlight of my first KumoriCon!  You guys were so funny and adorable and it was just all around really fun and amazing! I could tell that you put a lot of work into it.  You guys rock!  ;D
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »

Y-You're....retiring? D: Nooo!
I love the World Meetings! ;N; It was so much fun running them with you. :c
Gbfrhjhgf.....they will never be the same without you... </3

Awww! Oh well, there will still be me and you, prussia.

As for the person to take you place. Make sure you run them by me and sam all right?

As far as I know. I am not stopping after KC13. So I can ensure you that it will not stop after 2013.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:04:09 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »