Author Topic: (Repost) Hetalia World Meeting 2012  (Read 81963 times)

Offline Amayakisyukai

• Oni
Re: (Repost) Hetalia World Meeting 2012
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2011, 05:10:52 am »
Eh not sure what to do other then ask so
May I take Greece on the second day?

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2011, 10:03:34 am »
Remeber the topics have to be atlest interesting and fun to speak about, Or you will lose people from the pannle I know the flag thing is important to you but you have to think on how the other people attending will feel. some might find it boreing or not fun and leave

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2011, 10:33:44 am »
Since one of the panels thing is gonna be on day one I can figure we can talk about them on that day (especially the etiqutee of try not to wear them as a cape, it doesnt make you a superhero).

And I dont relke see a greece spot yet on day 2 so why not!
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2011, 11:39:50 am »
Since one of the panels thing is gonna be on day one I can figure we can talk about them on that day (especially the etiqutee of try not to wear them as a cape, it doesnt make you a superhero).

And I dont relke see a greece spot yet on day 2 so why not!

I guess, I meen... Just because a person weres a flag as a cap doesn't meen its disrespectfull, its infact ilegall.... With the american flag in this country it is. But I don't really see the point of bringing up flag. There is not much the talk about them, other then what not to do with them....

Edit: Or stuff like: The brittish flag is the scottish and english flag combined. Or the befor WWII Germany's flag was Black,white, and red. Because thats the 'german' colors. And once the nazi flag came around it was still black, white, and red. So affter WWII the change the white to gold (no, its not yellow) because they didnt wanna use white because the 'german flag' colors were on the WWII flag....

And thats why the german flag looks how it is now. True stuff.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:42:49 am by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2011, 08:17:46 pm »

I guess, I meen... Just because a person weres a flag as a cap doesn't meen its disrespectfull, its infact ilegall.... With the american flag in this country it is. But I don't really see the point of bringing up flag. There is not much the talk about them, other then what not to do with them....

Ehe.....I'm kinda nervous about the flag thing since at Sakuracon I wore my flag around my neck (I guess like a cape) because I didn't want it crumpled in my hands, and I also put my flag around a Russia to keep her warm since we didn't have a blanket and she let someone have her coat.

But I agree with Rozen, I don't think it's disrespectful. Besides, in America they put the american flag on bandannas and pants and shirts and I've even seen an American flag as a dress. But I think we could do a short talk about flags....but still I think it's fine >>;;
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:18:50 pm by TsunderePrussian »

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »

Ehe.....I'm kinda nervous about the flag thing since at Sakuracon I wore my flag around my neck (I guess like a cape) because I didn't want it crumpled in my hands, and I also put my flag around a Russia to keep her warm since we didn't have a blanket and she let someone have her coat.

But I agree with Rozen, I don't think it's disrespectful. Besides, in America they put the american flag on bandannas and pants and shirts and I've even seen an American flag as a dress. But I think we could do a short talk about flags....but still I think it's fine >>;;

I agree. Plus that and I do that with my flag (its not american) because I don't want it ruined. Plus not one gets after me.
And people last year did good with flags. So I don't see why this should be up as a topic, unless alot of people want it.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2011, 12:07:23 am »

I agree. Plus that and I do that with my flag (its not american) because I don't want it ruined. Plus not one gets after me.
And people last year did good with flags. So I don't see why this should be up as a topic, unless alot of people want it.

Exactly, I agree completely. -nodnod-

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:02 pm »
I was actually thinking of maybe being Denmark from SatW for a couple of hours on day 0 or something, and he wears the danish flag as his shirt, so I'm not sure what the problem of flag etiquette is (in regards to wearing it), when we see alot of 'official' flag merch being 'flag as clothing', especially here in the US. >.<

I'm kind of thinking that covering the history and interesting trivia about flags (like Denmark's flag only having two points, but the other Nordics having three...I wonder if he's feeling left out)..etc would be good, but giving a lecture about what not to do with the flags might be a bit...too much? *shrugs*

Maybe Etiquette of Country Flags as Cosplay Props should be a separate panel....(or part of a general cosplay panel)? It might fit better there...

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
I was actually thinking of maybe being Denmark from SatW for a couple of hours on day 0 or something, and he wears the danish flag as his shirt, so I'm not sure what the problem of flag etiquette is (in regards to wearing it), when we see alot of 'official' flag merch being 'flag as clothing', especially here in the US. >.<

I'm kind of thinking that covering the history and interesting trivia about flags (like Denmark's flag only having two points, but the other Nordics having three...I wonder if he's feeling left out)..etc would be good, but giving a lecture about what not to do with the flags might be a bit...too much? *shrugs*

Maybe Etiquette of Country Flags as Cosplay Props should be a separate panel....(or part of a general cosplay panel)? It might fit better there...

I have a Norway shirt I wear very often and no one has ever said anything about it, then again its just painted onto the shirt and like...not a flag turned into a shirt ><;

I like the idea for a separate panel for the etiquette but I dunno how many people would actually attend it .n.
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 06:43:41 am »
I like the idea for a separate panel for the etiquette but I dunno how many people would actually attend it .n.
I saw that too and though it was cool but I agree...I doubt many people would be there. .3.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »
I think perhaps we could teach people a little bit of actual history of some countries.

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »
Shi's Nameless panels all ready taking care of that, the thread for its somewheres on the forum
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 06:55:58 pm »
Shi's Nameless panels all ready taking care of that, the thread for its somewheres on the forum
I want a link to this. XD

Offline CosplayGeek4

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2011, 07:09:56 pm »
I want a link to this. XD
I think this is it: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16213.msg737965#msg737965

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »
I just saw that sorry, Perhaps some intresting facts about the countries some people wouldn't know lol

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »
One of the ideas we did have was some top 10 list of certain traits of countires, like whose the Fattest, the Drunkest, the Cleanest, and so forth. And theyre real lists too.

BTW the top 1 fattest country that i forgot was American Samoa, not sure where I got the U from for the beginning xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »
Perhaps also top strangest like laws :D

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2011, 08:55:16 pm »

Like how america has a law in one of its states were you cant speak brittish. XD (I think Tsundereprussiam told me)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2011, 09:12:56 pm »

Like how america has a law in one of its states were you cant speak brittish. XD (I think Tsundereprussiam told me)

exactly just like that :D

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »
Yeah xD Some rules are really strange, it'd be fun if we found a way to add those in.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:20 am »
I like that. I know that site (with the lists). It was interesting to see what countries did things like drink the most coffee per year (Norway :P)

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:33 am »
Oh also, thing we thought of too though for those signed up you'll probably not worry about it. (or we might make some for you, too)

Considering we had a frustrating time cutting people off for the panel last year, we had an idea what we would do for the poor people that got cut off. Since we have two panels, we figured once the first line was cut off, we'd give the first 20 (still debating on number) people of the line from the cutoff a ticket to let them gain access to the front of the line for the next panel. (when i think about it thats be cool to give you guys as a file u can print out and show us on the first day so u guys can get up front on day 1 too) What ya'll think?
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »
Heeeeey~
I wanna be Liechtenstein for both days!!!!
Ahahahahaha, okay?

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2011, 01:17:56 pm »
That would be cool (the tickets and the file), but I'm not sure about printing them off. I remember for the longest time I didn't have a printer I could use to print things off, because I lost one of the cords for mine....hmmm. Its a good idea though, if everyone who signed up does have printer access. *makes a mental note to buy more printer ink while I'm thinking about it*

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2011, 05:55:20 pm »
Yaaaaay liech o3o

And yea thats a good point of not everyone having printers xD course we'd probably post the ticket up sometime before the panel so someone could have time to print it or redraw it xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:38 pm »
I thik the ticket idea is pretty neat too~
Plus, it would be fun to have as a keepsake, that is if we got to keep the ticket. Just hole punch for each day or something, so we know if the ticket is legit for that day or not, or something.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2011, 08:07:39 pm »
I think that is a fantastic idea.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2011, 12:15:32 am »
You know me, I told you I liked the idea. xD
Also, if there's anyone who doesn't have the chance to get it done, I can probably carry around some just in case and they can find me. (Depending on what I'll be that day, which day one, oh, will probably be King Prussia. :3

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2011, 07:07:35 am »
Cha, you'd nbe able to keep them! Mostly just show us and you could go on in xD And yea also we'd have a bunch printed out for the first panel so if you need a legit one just come to the king prussia or me (whatever I'll be cosplaying at the time) or probably rozen and ask for a ticket and we'd be happy to give one :3
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2011, 09:10:57 am »
(of topic for a sec)

So I will be gone tomarrow all the way untill like, the 23rd. So I will not be able to update the first post for that time.

Offline Esif

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2011, 09:32:30 am »
Put me in as England for panel 2?

Also I'm wondering how this is going to work.. so the people who sent an RSVP will sit up front and the other cosplayers/non cosplayers will sit in the back like last year? Or do you have a different system?
Sorry, I just don't understand exactly how this is going to be run.. XD
2014 Cosplays:
-Pearl (Steven Universe) 80% complete
-Ilse (SNK OVA) 15% complete
-Secret Cosplay (Soul Eater) 20% complete
- Crow Arrow (Ava's Demon) 99% complete

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2011, 10:24:50 am »
Iiiits gunna be the same as last year. Why fix something thats broke after all. (course it wasnt broken for under 18, you minors rock!)
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 09:02:08 pm »
Woo~
I can't wait for this and the close sitting upness.
Though, I'll probably need to wear my glasses anyways.
They'll match my dress though, since they're both red.

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »
Awww, sounds super cute. I'm also really excited for this. :3
I actually also have glasses...buuuut, I probably won't wear them at all during the convention, just like last year. xD;

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 12:49:32 am »
One problem I might see with the ticket printing/drawing. What if someone takes it and copies it at con. Should you make a list of the people who are going to use it?

I mean something like that is great but what if (although unlikely) the entire line has it at the end of the day? If they used it the first day would not the others notice it, then possibly copy it for the next day. The number of ticket things would double.
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Turkey(aph) Missing pieces: Green hoody, dye hair brown. Mask
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2011, 10:09:49 am »
Well for nthe first day with the tickets, yea we'd have a list of who would have recieved the tickets and check them in to make sure they came ion. Same with the second day for the forum attendees we'd look to make sure theyre the ones who get in while just whoever has the tickets we gave out at the first panels line (and i dont think they could find a way to copy it illegally without us noticing the different paper)
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2011, 10:33:31 am »
Or you can number each ticket and have a checklist and check the number off when they enter.

I never got an updated notice D:
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:20 pm »
I can't wait to get a ticket!

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2011, 06:05:42 pm »
I like the idea of numbering the ones we give out on the first day if they are unable to come in.

How are all of you?
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2011, 06:12:51 pm »
Or making a list with the badge name and badge number on it (so you can check it off of a list the same way you'll be checking off the forum names).  That way you won't have to worry about printing tickets or someone copying or giving away their ticket (or losing it). The people who were in line will need to have their badge with them anyway, and you could just check the badge name and number off a list (maybe after the forum panelists listed) on the second days page.

Its an idea at least.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2011, 10:13:23 am »
Okay guys! I just got back! If I missed any one who wants on the list. PLEASE PM me.m =) so I can get you on there ASAP.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »
I thought a discussion of animation styles and of movies were going to be a topic! (I want to discuss Italy and his love of Faeries in Winx Club! XD)
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »
Btw for an topic and offtopic thing to note; anyone going to Sakura-con Ill be running a world meeting up there too~ just.. putting that out there for now xD; heres a link: http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22138
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline CosplayGeek4

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »
sorry, but can you please change my person for the first panel as Fem!Spain? im not able to do Kumajiro. thanks

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »
Hey guys

Bad news....
My amp broke T_T

Good news I spend $50 getting it fixed so you all can use it :D

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2011, 09:36:27 pm »
sorry to here that!

but yay!

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2011, 12:04:28 am »
I'm planning on cosplaying as Spain if you need a Spain for one of the panels? I sort of just made it through the first page of posts, saw how many more pages there are, and figured I'd read the rest later. >.>;;

*waltzes off*
2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2011, 02:04:20 am »
I'm planning on cosplaying as Spain if you need a Spain for one of the panels? I sort of just made it through the first page of posts, saw how many more pages there are, and figured I'd read the rest later. >.>;;

*waltzes off*
you can do both days or one. if you would like to do one. please pick the day. =) you may also be a differant character a differant day.

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »
Happy new years. Looking forward. I got my hoodie for the Fem Turkey cosplay. I got a clip for the Fem!Greece cosplay, need some wire to finish it. Work on the clothes soon, my finger isnt hurt anymore. I got belt and pouches so I can carry stuff easier~ :3
KumoriCon 2011

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:13 am »
Happy new years. Looking forward. I got my hoodie for the Fem Turkey cosplay. I got a clip for the Fem!Greece cosplay, need some wire to finish it. Work on the clothes soon, my finger isnt hurt anymore. I got belt and pouches so I can carry stuff easier~ :3

Cant wait to see your fem!Turkey. I am trying to finish up Fem!Germany. -w-