Author Topic: 2011 Registration FAQ/Guide/Answer Topic  (Read 53896 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Re: 2011 Registration FAQ/Guide/Answer Topic
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2011, 10:10:05 am »
Alas - is it too late to have my badge mailed?  I strongly suspect it is, but if I'd had it mailed earlier in the summer, it would have sat in my mailbox for weeks, possibly getting wet and icky, until I returned from Osaka.  Which I am finally doing this Friday.  So...I thought I'd at least ask.   :-\

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2011, 12:48:12 pm »
Alas - is it too late to have my badge mailed?  I strongly suspect it is, but if I'd had it mailed earlier in the summer, it would have sat in my mailbox for weeks, possibly getting wet and icky, until I returned from Osaka.  Which I am finally doing this Friday.  So...I thought I'd at least ask.   :-\

Sadly it's true. We stopped mailing out badges around the 14th because we are so close to con we are worried they may get to the addresses late or may be returned to us for some reason (this has happened a few times this year).

We also need some time to prepare everything for the convention (and maybe put in a short but much needed vacation).

I'm really sorry we can't mail it out to you but the best we can do is hold all the badges that were not sent out in will call.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2011, 10:42:36 pm »
So I got a child's badge, and I was told to cut up the old one and await my new replacement for an adult badge... Only, I never got it. So I no longer have a badge, of any sort.

In retrospect, I should not have cut it up. :(

If I check in on Friday night, can I get a new one?

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 02:01:22 am »
So I got a child's badge, and I was told to cut up the old one and await my new replacement for an adult badge... Only, I never got it. So I no longer have a badge, of any sort.

In retrospect, I should not have cut it up. :(

If I check in on Friday night, can I get a new one?

Send us a email about it and we will be able to print and hold one for you at Will Call.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:05:36 am by kalagei »

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 11:50:15 pm »
I don't think anyone answered my question a few pages back....
Will the time for check-in be announced on the main kumoricon page?

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 01:57:51 am »
I don't think anyone answered my question a few pages back....
Will the time for check-in be announced on the main kumoricon page?

I believe they will be posting the times for the registration online sometime this week (within a day or so maybe?).

Also I'll be also posting them here too for quick reference around the same day they put it up on the site. So keep checking back until then. (Sorry!)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:38 am »
I believe they will be posting the times for the registration online sometime this week (within a day or so maybe?).

Within about a half hour. :)

http://www.kumoricon.org/registration
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »

:P go figure lol I tucked myself into bed last night and checked facebook on my ipod before I went to sleep and viola~ there it was posted on fb that the schedule came out!
I can't wait for the download for the iPod~ that will come in handy (and save trees)

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »
yeah, not to mention you don't have to hold the paper in your hands. I already bring my iPod anyways, if it's anything like the guide for Sakura-Con, I'll be happy. :)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:32 pm »
yeah, not to mention you don't have to hold the paper in your hands. I already bring my iPod anyways, if it's anything like the guide for Sakura-Con, I'll be happy. :)

That's the plan! Actually, ours should be better. The goal is for our guide to have the full event descriptions within the application, which Sakura-Con's did not have. :) (Barring unexpected technical difficulties.)

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »

This is why you are awesome, Jeff  ;D

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »
So the other person in our group also did not recieve her badge in the mail (we ordered in April) and wants to make sure hers is also held at will call with ours since she has moved for the school year and wont be able to get her badge if it was mailed after she left the british columbia interior (we're on vancouver island) she's a bit freaked out and worried as the email she sent off hasn't been replied to. Any suggestions?
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2011, 12:16:45 am »
Please tell her to send out an e-mail if it hasn't been responded to, yet.  Please keep in mind that we are being swamped with e-mails this close to con, and sometimes some of them may unfortunately slip through the cracks.

I will say this: no matter what, if you made a payment for the badge we will make sure you get into the con.  If you paid, we have a record for it, and we will get you into the convention no matter what.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2011, 06:15:20 am »
Hey all, I'm more posting this as Assistant Ops Director than a mod.

While we are having registration in the garage, I want to remind you that people may be lining up outside to get into the garage, as we have a hard cap of how many people we can have in there at any one time.

According to weather.com, the weather seems it will be in the 80s for the majority of the weekend.

We will have water available in the garage, and we are taking all steps to keep the garage itself cool, there is a possibility you may be lining up outside for an extended period of time. PLEASE ensure you have proper sunblock on you, as well as a bottle of water on your person. It might be a good idea to put your day zero cosplay aside until you have gotten all squared away so you don't overheat. Heat stroke is very serious business and could take you out of con early. Nobody wants that, so I implore you to take precautions when you're lining up for pre-reg or at-con reg during the convention.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2011, 01:23:52 pm »
Hey all, I'm more posting this as Assistant Ops Director than a mod.

While we are having registration in the garage, I want to remind you that people may be lining up outside to get into the garage, as we have a hard cap of how many people we can have in there at any one time.

According to weather.com, the weather seems it will be in the 80s for the majority of the weekend.

We will have water available in the garage, and we are taking all steps to keep the garage itself cool, there is a possibility you may be lining up outside for an extended period of time. PLEASE ensure you have proper sunblock on you, as well as a bottle of water on your person. It might be a good idea to put your day zero cosplay aside until you have gotten all squared away so you don't overheat. Heat stroke is very serious business and could take you out of con early. Nobody wants that, so I implore you to take precautions when you're lining up for pre-reg or at-con reg during the convention.
Okay thanks good to know. Is the water free or will it cost money?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2011, 01:25:51 pm »
free
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nerdtastic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »
I already have my badge and just have to "check in". Is that going to be at the garage too? Will there be a shorter and separate line for check in only as opposed to registration and buying a badge? That's the main reason I pre-reg'd, for less of a wait!

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2011, 03:02:34 pm »
Pre-reg check in will take place at the garage. Friday's hours are reserved for Pre-reg and will-call ONLY, so if you come Friday, you will get through a lot quicker!

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2011, 07:29:47 pm »
Pre-reg check in will take place at the garage. Friday's hours are reserved for Pre-reg and will-call ONLY, so if you come Friday, you will get through a lot quicker!
How does the Pre-reg work? Is all I do is show them my badge, parent-permission form (I'm 15), and I.D. and that's all?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:12 pm »
Yup, then you get your swag bag (with schedule, pocket guide and other goodies), and I believe they give you a badge holder/clip-thing to attach your badge to you.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »
Yup, then you get your swag bag (with schedule, pocket guide and other goodies), and I believe they give you a badge holder/clip-thing to attach your badge to you.
hmm cool, I'll have to use my sakura-con lanyard, since I can't find my K-Con one from last year.

Offline nerdtastic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »

Yeah, the site says this

Friday: 3:00pm-10:00pm (pre-registration pick-up only)

But since I already have my badge and won't need to pick it up, I'm a little worried since it doesn't say "check in" on Friday. Do you know for sure that you can "check in" on Friday?

Thanks in advance!

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:58 pm »

Yeah, the site says this

Friday: 3:00pm-10:00pm (pre-registration pick-up only)

But since I already have my badge and won't need to pick it up, I'm a little worried since it doesn't say "check in" on Friday. Do you know for sure that you can "check in" on Friday?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can check-in. This was an unintentional ambiguity. All it was supposed to say, is that you can't buy a badge. We'll update the wording shortly.

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2011, 02:34:48 am »
Does anyone know approx when the download for the iPods and androids will be available? Hopefully not day 0 ._.;

Offline nerdtastic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »
Will there be a separate "check in" line only Saturday, or do people who check in on Saturday have to stay in the long registration line with everyone else?

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2011, 09:22:15 pm »
Will there be a separate "check in" line only Saturday, or do people who check in on Saturday have to stay in the long registration line with everyone else?
If it's like Sakura-con, they have different booths for people who pre-ordered already, and for people who are buying their badges at the convention.

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »
I'm sad, i missed pre-reg by an hour and so now have to wait till Sat to reg >.<  Hopefully it won't be too bad as I plan to be in my Jill Valentine cosplay.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2011, 08:54:52 am »
So i just found out that my boyfriend wont be able to make it to day0 or the morning of day1, so is it possible for me to pick up his badge on day0? I paid for it, and i have the card i paid with and the paper saying its been paid for it.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:15 am »
So i just found out that my boyfriend wont be able to make it to day0 or the morning of day1, so is it possible for me to pick up his badge on day0? I paid for it, and i have the card i paid with and the paper saying its been paid for it.

I'm afraid not. Each person must present themselves with photo ID to claim their badge holder.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:41 am »
Okay thank you

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
Okay, so I have a friend who is going to be out of town for the first two days of con but wants to attend for the last day. However, the problem is she doesn't have any ID. She doesn't have a drivers license or a current passport and can't find her school ID (and ours don't list birth dates anyways, so as I understand it those wouldn't work). Is there anything else she can use? Alternatively, since she's sixteen, would it be okay for one of her parents to go with her and show their ID instead?

Somewhat related to the above, is it necessary to have birth date listed on whatever ID we use if we're under eighteen? I have a current passport I can use, but if something without birth date is acceptable, I'd rather bring my school ID, since it's less valuable and easier to replace if it gets lost or stolen.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »
So, my 11 year old sister is coming with me. As far as I know, she does not have any form of photo ID (I don't think they issue school ID's for elementary school, do they?). So, does the ID rule apply to children, or just teens and up?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
Okay, so I have a friend who is going to be out of town for the first two days of con but wants to attend for the last day. However, the problem is she doesn't have any ID. She doesn't have a drivers license or a current passport and can't find her school ID (and ours don't list birth dates anyways, so as I understand it those wouldn't work). Is there anything else she can use? Alternatively, since she's sixteen, would it be okay for one of her parents to go with her and show their ID instead?

Somewhat related to the above, is it necessary to have birth date listed on whatever ID we use if we're under eighteen? I have a current passport I can use, but if something without birth date is acceptable, I'd rather bring my school ID, since it's less valuable and easier to replace if it gets lost or stolen.
I'm 99.9% sure that IDs with Birth Dates are needed if you're 18 and over and want to attend events that only 18+ can attend. So if you're under 18, school IDs should be fine.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »
I'm 99.9% sure that IDs with Birth Dates are needed if you're 18 and over and want to attend events that only 18+ can attend. So if you're under 18, school IDs should be fine.

Okay, that was what I figured. I remembered reading something similar a while ago, but I couldn't remember well enough to be sure.

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »

If you are between the ages of 13-17 you need a form of picture ID like a School ID or Drivers License/Permit and so on when you check in.

If you are 18+ then you need a form of ID with a Date of birth to prove you are of age such as a Drivers License/Permit, State ID, Passport and so on.

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:05 am »
My little sister cant find her hard copy badge, can she still be able to pre-reg and get a paper badge?
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2011, 03:04:57 am »
My boyfriend has been mailing registration about his red Children's badge for awhile now, wuth no response. Now that the "Womb Raider" jokes have worn out, we really need this fixed.

On top of that, he put his middle name as his last name on the badge by mistake, a habit from school. How can we prove its him, when his school ID says Gilbert-Renner and the badge Mackenzie?

Finally, where is the check in line on Day 1? Thank you
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2011, 08:30:52 am »
As of today if you are having any problems with your badge (Badge Color, Missing, etc...) please check in as usual and inform the reg staffer of the issue and we will take care of it at con.

It's way too late to fix it before hand because we are busy right now setting everything up.

Also Registration will be in the Garage in the Hilton this weekend with this schedule:

Friday (Day 0): 3pm-10pm (Pre Registration and Will Call only)
Saturday: 7am-7pm
Sunday: 7am-7pm
Monday: 7am-12pm

Thank you everybody! Have a great con and hope to see you there!  ;D