Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 385674 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I was gonna post about my Damian Wayne faces but then I realized you're all on Tumblr so I was like lol whatever

but seriously guys why does Damian gotta be so boy-shaped? I want to cosplay him so much sob
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Lolololol yeah I feel like Tumblr has taken over as a more primary form of communication between us... I totally did man makeup on myself because of you and Hashi and your Jason/Damian adventures and with my current bleach blonde hair I looked oddly more masculine than I ever did with auburny-brown, I'm a little confused by this

TORI I DON'T EVEN KNOW I KEEP SEEING YOUR MESSAGES BUT I ALWAYS GET THEM AT THE WORST TIMES AND THEN I TELL MYSELF I'LL RESPOND TO THEM LATER AND THEN I KEEP FORGETTING UNTIL LIKE 3 AM AND THEN IT JUST CONTINUES ON REPEAT FOREVER THIS IS MY LIFE AND IT'S HARD AND NOBODY UNDERSTANDS

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
What jaqua why are you blond
I am displeased
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I was bored with my hair and I wanted to do something more fun with it so I bleached it :3 I'm gonna dye it less of an obnoxious yellowy-orange later since that's what it is now, and hopefully make it more of a medium slighty ashier blonde to kind of compliment my skin tone a little better because yellowy-orange isn't really my color turns out :I

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Also this is just a temporary "how do I look blonde" experiment I'll probably dye it back to red or brown an some point in the nearish future because being blonde kind of washes me out

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
See, for me HP is already over.
It ended when I read the last page of book seven. (not counting the epilogue because it was just disappointing.)
The movies are like its dying throes, or its ghost that has yet to dissipate. I have already accepted it, mourned, and moved on.

That's exactly how I feel.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
See, for me HP is already over.
It ended when I read the last page of book seven. (not counting the epilogue because it was just disappointing.)
The movies are like its dying throes, or its ghost that has yet to dissipate. I have already accepted it, mourned, and moved on.

That's exactly how I feel.
This makes me feel better. I was starting to think I was the only one. (Epilogue disappointment included?)

Jaqua: POST PICTURES.
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yes. It just reminded me too much of a sappy fanfiction.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr

I got a better color and I'm gonna dye it after the movie tonight to a more real blonde so I'll post pics after that too.

Also since that's not actually a very good representation of the color here's a photo in natural light

at least I hope that's slightly better ugh but it's definitely just sort of a yellowy-orange blonde that's more of a white blonde at the roots. So. Yeah.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Yeah... I mean, I understand why she did it? But the end of the book was a really solid ending on its own; the epilogue was just superfluous crap tacked on to prove that yes, Harry's story really is over. Epilogues are very rarely done well... I can only think of one that actually added something worth reading and didn't leave me feeling the book would have been better off without it.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Jaqua: I want my hair to be that color ;3;~
I like it.

Felix: I agree. I think the actual ending was a good way to leave it off, the epilogue just seemed to be, as you said, superfluous. I also agree that a majority of epilogues are usually just 'meh'.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
I think authors include them because they want the sense of closure, but usually all of the things the characters did after the story ends aren't relevant so it's just... meh. Who really cares how many kids the Hero and the Love Interest had after they got married? Trying to add things after a solid ending makes it less solid... I'm at the point of wanting to not read epilogues at all.

Hey Hashi, you still have my Yukio wig, right?

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
So... For those of us not shacking up in that apartment. < <; What's rooming looking like? I'm still willing to split costs. Just need to know what's going on. <3
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I don't think anyone has a plan yet. It looks like our original plan fell through too. D: Maybe if you reserve a room and then people will find out as the con comes up whether or not they can stay with you?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Emilee says she's booked the room already at one of the hotels, and that she doesn't want it as packed as Sak. I spoke with her on facebook today. :] She has it for Sat night and Sun night.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Sorry this took so long Valeria. I finally did the sketch I promised .
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
So I've now finally seen all of Young Justice and I just wanted to say that I really want to cosplay Artemis because I think she's hilarious.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
That makes perfect sense.

Dude. If you made that and let me borrow your labcoat, I could be Dr Roquette. We could find Roys to be mean to.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
HAHAHAHAHA YES I LIKE IT LET'S DO IT

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
HIGH FIVE

Do we know anyone who's cosplaying Roy?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
So I've now finally seen all of Young Justice and I just wanted to say that I really want to cosplay Artemis because I think she's hilarious.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. I'm definitely cosplaying Robin to Sakuracon and ECCC. And my friend Ry (that one Terezi cosplayer who seriously fangirled your Worth) is gonna be Wally. DO IT AND HANG OUT WITH US, IT'LL BE GREAT

/threadninja
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Aren't ECCC and Sak within a week of each other?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
Aren't ECCC and Sak within a week of each other?

Yyyyes. I'm thinking I may just spend that week in Seattle. If not, ECCC is the con that's a sure thing, because it's way more relevant to my interests at this point.
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I really really really really really want to go to ECCC so we should try and make that a thing. And I will totally spend a week in Seattle (assuming I'm rich enough which hopefully I will be) in order to go to both. But yeah... I love Sak but ECCC is definitely more what I'm feeling at this point in time. Especially since my Sak cosplays are looking at this point be entirely superhero cosplays, probably Hawkeye, Wonder Girl, Artemis... Maybe Batgirl or Supergirl or someone else too.
I WILL TOTALLY HANG WITH YOU GUYS AS ARTEMIS EEEE

Know who's cosplaying Roy? Kim (aka Kibs) is cosplaying Roy. And Hashi I was wrong, she's not cosplaying the Jason/Starfire/Roy version of Roy, she's doing yellow hat version. So she'd fit with a YJ group.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
SPEEEEDYYYYY

I like Arsenal best, but Speedy is also great.

Is ECCC cheaper? 'cause this is relevant to my interests.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Oh awesome you guys are doing Young Justice! <3

I could modify my Black Canary to the same style of the outfit she wore for Young Justice if you guys end up doing the group for Sak <3.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I really don't know anything about ECCC other than it's a comic convention in Seattle and it's in the convention center and it's around the same time as Sak. So. That's probably something I should look into.

FFFFFFFFFFF yes please be Black Canary and then just beat up every Superboy you see which will be Manny actually because he cosplays YJ version of Superboy. So. Yeah.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
hey valeria, did you see this? I posted it on tumblr a while ago but you didn't reply. (can you even reply on tumblr? it still kind of confuses me.)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
NO I DIDN'T SEE THAT
EEEEEEE
<33333
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Jaqua: Oh man I should! Too bad they're probably all going to be stronger than me, especially Manny. I bet he could snap me like a twig. Haha.

Felix: That looks awesome!
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I was just looking at the ECCC page and their 2011 guests made me hnnng
If the guests and stuff are half as good this year, I say we do ECCC instead of Sak
Also doing con before the term starts is REALLY GREAT I THINK
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
I'm totally down for either. Big Sister works at both. Haha. I'd like to split a room with you all again, if that's okay. :3

AND THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
..Now Im beating myself up for never ever ever checking this thread.

Because I dont.

Jaqua. I didnt know Manny was being YJ Superboy. confidence is gone. Im going to hide behind Hulkling and gallons of liquid latex for the rest of my life.

Lonely. Without a Wiccan.
Just with Tommy/Yagi. Eating pistachios.
That'll be my life.

Big and Green and a little bit broken.
Like an oversized pistachio.

EDIT: Wait. YJ CARTOON Superboy? or YJ COMIC Superboy? ..Im doing 90's comic Kon. So if Manny does the Cartoon one then thats fine. Theyre like two totally different people and bodytypes.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:49:22 am by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
HASHI I THOUGHT I WAS BEING YOUR WICCAN

DON'T TELL ME I GOT FIRED

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
I THOUGHT YOU QUIT??
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
NNNNNNNO? When is this happening? I'll totally still do it. <3

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Uuummm Sakuracon at the latest?

I've started working on Hulkling already, but its super time intensive. So Im not sure how early I can get it done, but I do know Sakuracon is my deadline.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
OR ECCC
IF WE DO ECCC

Emilee thank god you're doing Wiccan now I don't have to convince myself to try it
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Can I have a harem of Wiccans?

I'd be cool with that.

Just sayin'.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Hulkling and Wiccan? Awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah~<3

I second the idea of a harem of Wiccans. That would be fantastic.

I think Manny would do the cartoon one, since that's the one he has done. Unless he's going to change it up in the future or something. :x
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:02:23 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Yeah Manny's doing the cartoon version. Ty did the version you're doing but I don't know if he's gonna wear that one a whole lot.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to afford all these cons and it freaks me out but then I remember that I'll get to that when I get to that and then I'm okay again

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Awesome. Because I spent today with an electric knife cutting out pieces for a muscle suit for superboy.

also. Good mindset.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
ahaha like the kind you use on turkeys?

I need to get back to Eugene to pick up my fabric and stuff so I can actually work on things
bleeeh
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
IT CUTS THROUGH FOAM LIKE BUTTER.

YOU DONT KNOW HOW HORRIBLE CUTTING FOAM WAS BEFORE THIS CAME INFO OUR LIVES.

WE PRACTICALLY SANG FOR IT AND THREW IT A WELCOME PARTY.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Foamy butter mmmmm

Yeah that's pretty much just the motto of my whole life, if it's not immediately applicable to my situation I ignore it until it is and deal with it then
it seems to be working pretty well so far

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Wow I expected there to be like a billion pages of thread because I haven't checked it in forever but I guess not.

So what are the PoSm plans for kcon? I've been working on blue spirit a bit but I haven't started anything else... I'll definitely have that and at least a casual Yukio, if I don't have time to make the coat. Going by people's sigs it looks like those are still the plans, so I guess that's good! Do we know the schedule yet?

Also hanging out, we should make it happen.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
ARE YOU BACK IN TOWN? CAN I SEE YOUR COOL HOUSE? BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR HOUSE.

Plans right now are super up in the air, 'cause a lot of us aren't managing to work on anything. The only thing for sure is Avatar.
RIGHT GUYS. YOU'LL BE FIXING YOUR AVATAR COSPLAYS SO WE ALL HAVE AT LEAST ONE COMPLETE COSPLAY FOR THIS CON RIGHT.

And probably AnE for a while, although I know I'm not gonna make anything new for it 'cause I suck.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Okay then I won't feel so bad about just being casual version.
It will probably be too hot to wear a black trenchcoat anyway.

If you want to come by during the day sometime while my parents are at work that's probably best. My room isn't great for hanging out though, since it gets so warm...

.....I should probably preorder my pass too. What are the rooming situations? I'd like to know for sure I have someone to stay with and it seems like all the plans keep changing... (urgh I already missed the mail-order.... again.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:57:07 pm by Felix »

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
You guys.

Young Justice you confuse Teddy sometimes.
Y U ALL LOOK LIKE YOU CAME FROM A ROCKY HORROR SHOW??
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:21:31 pm by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
So Veryvery and Interpunkt are confirmed for ECCC but not for Sakuracon and Veryvery called me the cutest Teddy so Im more inclined to go to ECCC because Im a shallow shallow person.

Also. its before my Spring classes start and had 32,000 guests last year so its not small like I thought and guys I just wanna be giant and green and have people love me.Im tired of being an unwanted pistachio.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!