Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 385666 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Dude, today is my actual birthday. June 28.

I wanna see Felix's house too!
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
oh balls why did I think yesterday was your birthday NEVERMIND I WAS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T KNOW IT

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Okay. We can organise this while everyone else isn't there, because my family is super awkward. >8C
I CAN'T BRING ANYONE OVER WHILE THEY ARE PRESENT AAAAAAHHH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAY! I will draw you something and also the things I owe other people. Auricle, Jaqua, and Malaria; am I missing anyone else? (it is totally still the 28th sshhhhsssshhhhhhhhh)

Yagi: it's fine xD thanks for sending!
/downloading
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:34:12 pm by Felix »
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
@Jaqua: So you remember when I said that I'd draw you something for your birthday? That never stopped being a thing. It's finished now, sorry it took so long! ' o ' http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/auriclesis/DavTav.jpg Happy birthday~ <3

@Felix: Yesplease let's do ancestors. Even though Tavcestor has like handegg goalpost sized horns. Some scaling down will just have to do.

And uungh Felix I love your art and character designs. Anything in particular that you'd like your character to be doing? ' w '
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
FELIX WHENEVER YOU LIKE
AWKWARD FAMILY OR NO

I want a picture of
of
Karkat watching romcoms with Sollux there being like "what ii2 thii2 even"
and Karkat being like SHUT UP THIS IT'S THE CONFESSION SCENE
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
hmmmmmmmmm
.....well, the things he usually does may be hard to draw?  (unless you share my love of drawing people doing Badass Things, hahaha) um. Basically you can draw him doing whatever you want! Or nothing at all, if you'd prefer. c:
But if you still need ideas, I will post a little bit about him!
He is a bounty hunter-- he spends most of his time running around the forests and mountains of his homeland fighting massive insects and hunting down criminals. (he, uh... doesn't have a name. I call him Patch because he wears an eyepatch and I am uncreative.) He fights a lot, and travels, and camps in the wilderness. Sometimes he goes into cities/towns to collect bounties but he doesn't stay long (because he is kind of a freak, though he can hide it when he needs to). He fights with that spear/glaive thing he has in a couple of those refs and he doesn't wear shoes, and those things are not really relevant, but oh well. I don't feel like textwalling here.

And you could just make regular Tavros horns! That way you can be both of them and they will still get the point across. xD (Tavroscestor's horns, in correct proportion, would be ridiculously heavy, get in the way of everything, and probably not stay on. They would also probably not be allowed at con...)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
So hey, Yagi. I downloaded the comics and unzipped the archives, but... my computer doesn't know how to read the files. :C
What is .cbr/.cbz and how do I open them?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
http://download.cnet.com/CDisplay-Image-Display/3000-18488_4-10162238.html
Cdisplay is your friend. Once you have it, just open your archives and it'll automatically run them.

I don't want it to be July yet. : I That means I have to start sewing.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
@Felix: Valeria beat me to it. But yes, CDisplay is your friend. : D

@Britany: OMG that picture is awesome

For HP, it looks like the earliest showtime left for Pioneer Place is at 12:50, and the theater across the street from the Lloyd Center only has a showing at 12:35 left, just fyi. Sooo we should decide on a theater and get some tickets. Like, soon.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I don't want it to be July yet. : I That means I have to start sewing.
This ;.;
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Ah, thank you!

And re: July-- SO AGREED AAAAAHH

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I already bought my HP ticket for the 12:01 at Pioneer D'B Did they seriously sell out that fast?! Bluhhhhhhhhhhhslkdfjslkdjflakjdf

Yeah Felix you should convince your family to go away for a weekend and then invite us all over
I'm trying to do the same with my family :I

BLUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLSKDFJLSKDJFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSLKDJF:LSKJDF AURICLE THAT DAVE/TAV IS SO CUTE OMG SLKDFJLSKDJF <333333333333333333 I love it I love it I love it so much!!!!!! I don't have yours done yet but I will soon :DDD

Reading comics is so bad there are just a zillion things I want to cosplay now UGHHHHHHH

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
So, um...I never got a reply back; think my comments got a little buried...I can get an AnE shoot with you guys at Kumoricon...yeah?
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Jaqua: You bought yours in person, right?
Did you buy it regular or 3D?

SK: YES OF COURSE. Haha sorry about that.
Are you gonna do Yukio or Izumo?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
SK: YES SHOOT WILL HAPPEN
derp

Valeria: Yeah I did. I only bought it like two days ago too :x hmmmmm. It's 3D though. I mostly just wanted the location :/

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I can't do 3D. Sorry dude. : (
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
:( oh well. That's okay. We can all freak out about it together at a later date ~

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Jaqua: You bought yours in person, right?
Did you buy it regular or 3D?

SK: YES OF COURSE. Haha sorry about that.
Are you gonna do Yukio or Izumo?

Izumo for Kumo, Yukio for Sak. =] I've got a group for Sak with most of the characters, but I'm totally alone for Kumo. =p
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:15:27 am by sk_chan »
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
so I finally got around to watching the Hetalia Dating Game from Sak. WHICH MEANS I GOT TO HEAR MY SEALAND VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Kind of grating, but not as awful as you guys seem to think it is?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
rrrgh Valeria if I was in Portland I'd totally see HP non-3D with you. ;A;
/hates 3D forever

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
@Felix: I want to try drawing him doing cool things! I don't know if I'll be able to but I'll do my best~

@Jaqua: I'm happy you like it! <3333 I'm so excited to see what you've made for me~ > w <

Heeey so if anyone's free and feels like chillin' tomorrow we're gonna be grilling some burgers and dogs at my house around dinner time. We'll be doing fireworks later as well. We'll probably have some veggie burgers too if anyone's interested.

People are already setting off illegal fireworks in my neighborhood. So loud. ' 3 '
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Well, the only way to improve is through practise! Continue on your heroic journey and you will climb to the lofty heights of your echeladder, all the way to the God Tiers! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

I wish I could come. All the fun stuff is happening in Portland while I'm stranded out here in Nowhere Land. (Making all my Nowhere Plans...)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Hey, has anyone on here heard of a French cartoon called Wakfu? Because it's pretty much amazing but so obscure, it's sad. (The animation is so SMOOTH and BEAUTIFUL and maybe I'm the only one here who drools over gorgeous animation, but anyway. It's also surprisingly mature and epic, considering it's a kid's show.... I mean... watch.)
(....and this is a fan video, but it captures the tone beautifully and is from one of my favourite episodes C: )

......posm thread, why you die? 8C
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:46:19 am by Felix »

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Hey, has anyone on here heard of a French cartoon called Wakfu? Because it's pretty much amazing but so obscure, it's sad. (The animation is so SMOOTH and BEAUTIFUL and maybe I'm the only one here who drools over gorgeous animation, but anyway. It's also surprisingly mature and epic, considering it's a kid's show.... I mean... watch.)
(....and this is a fan video, but it captures the tone beautifully and is from one of my favourite episodes C: )

......posm thread, why you die? 8C

Omg it's really cool, Felix. It's so pretty and...when I started watching it I thought of Portal...XDDD Then Samurai Jack...

Anywhoo I love the guy with the big hat and the crazy laugh. Nox, right?

EDIT: Honestly...I want to watch this series.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:05:02 am by sk_chan »
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Yep, Nox! He is creepy in the best way, it's perfect.

YOU SHOULD. It's just so beautiful and badass, especially once the main plot kicks in.
Unfortunately it's really obscure. I dunno if there are full episodes online anywhere, but I couldn't find them-- I had to download it. BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
He's my favorite. I looked him up on wiki and he'd be the reason I'd watch this series. And I watched a bunch of amvs and hnnng.

Yeah I wanna go find it. I heard from a source it's on veoh...but I just checked and nothing shows up. I wouldn't mind downloading it as long as it had subs.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
So hey, Jaqua! GUESS WHAT I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO DOING.
...yep, I scanned all your old art! (I have some button designs too, but I forgot to bring them with me, durrrp.)
Anyway! Here they are at your request-- I am not responsible for any embarassment that may occur.

This one is probably the oldest I have (I tried to put them in sort-of order, since most of them are dated). Lots of Potter fanart... I only just took this one off my wall. xD I just scanned this as it was oriented on the paper. lol Nargles. And hey, remember that rp-thing we used to do? And... doodle on my old homework. And again, I guess you managed to do that a lot even though we didn't go to the same school. (I also found this on the other half of that sheet. It's... well, apparently Gwen is an older brother, and also a man.) Window! Lion! And heehee, I still think this is kind of cute. IT LOOKS KIND OF LIKE A SQUIDDLE SHIRT ONLY TWO YEARS BEFORE HOMESTUCK STARTED.

And that is all! Some of those pencils were really pale; I had to boost the contrast a whole lot to make them not-invisible. I'll scan the buttons when I find them again. Anyway, hope that was fun! :D

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I WAS SUCH A GREAT ARTIST BACK THEN WHY DID I EVER CHANGE STYLES

wow
was I seriously
such
a weeb
I MEAN GRANTED I WAS LIKE 13-14 WHICH IS PROPER WEEBING AGE BUT WOW
lol so randum xD

... SERIOUSLY WOW

Actually I really like that picture of August next to Quinn that's pretty adorbs

That wapanese is just painful and awful I was a terrible human being why were you friends with me

Oh god I remember window and lion man I thought they were so good
what was wrong with me
as a person
I'm offended by my past self

SQUIDDLES OH MAN I WAS
I WAS PSYCHIC
I KNEW
oh man that was also my "clamp draws everything so gangly it's so uguu that's how I'm gonna draw wow what is anatomy??" phase

That was a fun trip down a part of my life I like to pretend never happened
I just live-blogged my reactions to my own awful awful art
I hope you enjoyed this

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
But Jaqua.
At least you were drawing drawing things; that counts for something!

IF ONLY YOU DREW THIS MUCH NOW.
BC

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Ahaha, I think you posted in the wrong thread.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
HARRY POTTER WATCHING NOTICE

Hashi and Yagi and I are going to the Regal 10 at Lloyd Center for the 12:01 showing. Anyone wanna come with? That's the theater that's outside the actual mall building, fyi.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Aw maan, as much as I wish to join you guys, I can't because 1. Distance, and 2. ...Friggin distance. orz

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I'd offer a ride up with me, but I'm sticking around for a few days and can't put you up. : (
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
I see, and that wouldn't work for me anyway since I have class the very next day. 3:
Oh well, you guys have a fun time~ I'll lift my wand in celebration when that day comes around. ^^

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
O: Hannah/Yagi has the exact same problem. You should talk to her. And also check to see if there are still tickets available.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:47:20 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
OHHAIGUISE.

So, I haven't been here in forever. D:

What's going onnnnn?
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
n'muuuuch
Hannah and I worked on Simon and Nilus sweatshirts today. I asked Veryvery a question on her Tumblr and I felt INTENSELY NERVOUS THE WHOLE TIME but I got an answer so that's okay! Turns out I'm not doing bodypaint for Nilus.

You should come to HP8 with us.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
@Fuyuko: Seriously, if you need a ride, let's talk! I can't leave Eugene until 4pm Thursday at the earliest, and I have to head back to Eugene that night(morning? whatever) after the movie because I have class at 9am Friday. I would be more than happy to give you a ride! : )

I'm also happy to give anyone else rides if they're coming to Lloyd from somewhere else in Portland fyi.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
@Yagi: For real?! O: Oh wow, I'm definitely interested in the offer and I'd appreciate it very much!! I just hope tickets won't be sold out by the time I buy one. That's my only concern. Besides that, yeah, I'm up for it! ^^

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Ah! I wanna seeee themmmmm!

I would TOTALLY go to HP with you guys. However. I'm in California. I believe this poses a problem...
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
@Fuyuko: According to the internet, there are still tickets available for the 12:35 in 3D at Lloyd. Just kidding, those were for pm showings, not am. Dangit. : (
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:59:49 am by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
So I have a tumblr now. It's pretty, um, special. : B The url is goatsdoitwithheadbanging. Just fyi.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
@Yagi: Sadness. orz *already PM'ed back* But thank you for the kind offer anyways.

Oh and consider yourself followed. :3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:29:42 pm by Fuyuko »

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
following so hard

Felix I believe it's your turn now

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
OH HEY today is just the day of weird coincidences. I made a Tumblr too! :D
I'll probably post art/story things and dumb things there.

I know you guys all linked to yours before, but I don't remember the usernames.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:09:07 am by Felix »

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
HAHAHA WAIT YOU ACTUALLY MADE ONE AWESOME

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I followed you already, but I'm kingnocastle.

Guuuys Harry Potter tomorrooow
I think I'm going into mourning already. Today I've been re-reading the seventh book instead of running errands.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
See, for me HP is already over.
It ended when I read the last page of book seven. (not counting the epilogue because it was just disappointing.)
The movies are like its dying throes, or its ghost that has yet to dissipate. I have already accepted it, mourned, and moved on.
Also I'm missing opening night because I don't know anyone to see it with and tickets are probably sold out. I'm kinda sad but... eh.

Actually I had already made the Tumblr earlier that day. Hence the comment about coincidences.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Well yeah the real adventure is over because the plot is over, but the movies are fun and a good way to sort of pretend that the hype is still going. Plus the movies are different enough to still be intriguing. And. Yeah. I don't know. I can't believe it's tomorrow night omg lskdjlsdkjf ;-;

Also Yagi and Felix I'm sure everyone else has noticed this already and you probably have as well but oh my god I reblog like a crazy person on tumblr jeez I update so much it's dumb sorry everyone

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
JAQUA. WHY DO YOU FAIL AT TALKING TO ME LATELY?! D:

I have things to tell you and the babies from Cinderella have a message for you and you just hate me. ;-;
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)