Author Topic: Axis Powers Hetalia and Scandinavia and the World '10! Bring us pictures.  (Read 415511 times)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Axis Powers Hetalia '10 (Scandinavia and the World is cool too.)
« Reply #1900 on: February 20, 2010, 12:07:10 am »
Though, the sucky thing about buying a costume is my size. I'm fairly tall and most cosplay costumes on Ebay(which is the only place online where my mom trusts buying stuff like that) come from Japan and Japanese people are tiny >< So i only found ONE Russia cosplay that fits me and it's like, almost $90 D: i'm hopeing to get the money by June(it takes a wile for the seller to make the costumes so i'll have to get it about 2-3 months beforehand) I'm also planning on makeing a pipe (out of who knows what) and a (empty) bottle of vodka with the costume ^^ Also, i'm going to dye my hair light blonde cause wigs are so friggen exspensive.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1901 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:13 am »
I made my mother send me some... but that's when I learned how to make chainmail, so I've been doing that instead of sewing.

Hmmm.... that's why I'd advise checking the secondhand stores first.
You could make a pipe out of... a pipe? If you want to keep it light, use plastic PVC piping.

Personally, I'd only buy a costume if I could meet with the tailor in person. One of the secrets to having a costume look good on you is taking accurate measurements. There's a chance that the costume won't be quite the right size - a slightly off measurement can make all the difference.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1902 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:52 am »
@Malaria: Ohh? Might I ask what "Dominion" Canada looks like? Never heard of that version. o:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1903 on: February 20, 2010, 03:13:33 am »
click for chainmail progress!

I'm about 1/6 done...
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1904 on: February 20, 2010, 11:36:58 am »
Saki: cos00 does custom measurements. You'll be paying $100+ for the pleasure, though.
For the pipe, buy a short length of PVC and an elbow-join, spray paint it grey and voilà! XD

Felix: chainmaaail -loves on it-
Damnit, Felix, I don't have the cash to make Children's Day Austria right before Succession. Stop tempting me. D<

Fuyuko:
That was Canada's Children's Day version, and generally people assume that's what he was supposed to look like when he was still the Dominion of Canada. (Nevermind that Dominionhood continued up through WWII and Canada was definitely not a shy little boy during WWI.)
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1905 on: February 20, 2010, 04:47:32 pm »
What? What's children's day Austria? And how am I tempting you? D8

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1906 on: February 20, 2010, 06:26:21 pm »
Linked 'cause the pics are kinda big
Himayura did a series of younger versions of a bunch of the nations for Children's Day a while ago.
http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/images/images/himaruya_art/character_refs/09-05-07-1.jpg
There's also a sketch of an even younger version:
http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/images/images/other/hetalia_2_extra_book/heta09.jpg

And you're tempting me because Hashi wants to make knight!Liet and you're doing Teuton!Prussia and I love the kids' outfits. Plus, tiny!Austria and Teuton were nominally kind of friends.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1907 on: February 20, 2010, 07:55:16 pm »
Ah, that's too bad... and after Succession I doubt I'll do more Hetalia. I'll keep the costumes, of course, but I won't make any new ones. There are too many other things I'd like to do. But yes, we must save up money for Succession.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1908 on: February 20, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »
Oi, me either. I don't actually want to make any more Hetalia stuff after Succession, I just want to own some more of the pretty.

The length of my future wants/will cosplay list makes me cry at night. 20 costumes whyyyyy
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1909 on: February 20, 2010, 08:14:06 pm »
There are so many I want to do, too... I'll probably need to start taking commissions at some point. And since I'm probably going to major in costume making...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1910 on: February 20, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
I'd totally commission from you if I wasn't hissy about learning to make my own cosplays. But I'll throw people your way if you ever open up commissions officially.

I want a working sewing machine so I can make my Sealand pants. 3:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1911 on: February 20, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »
Thanks! I totally understand though; that's how I am too.
I don't have a sewing machine here, but I can use the ones in the costume shop whenever I need them.

When I do take commissions, I'm only going to offer them to people I can meet in person. I've heard that some people will give you incorrect measurements becuse they want to lose weight and they get angry and demand their money back when the costume doesn't fit. I want to make sure I don't have to deal with that sort of thing.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1912 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:47 pm »
@Malaria: Ohhhh that Canada! Yeah, I've seen it before but never really considered cosplaying. Hmm... I'll definetely think about it. Thankses. :3

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1913 on: February 20, 2010, 10:33:07 pm »
Linked 'cause the pics are kinda big
http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/images/images/other/hetalia_2_extra_book/heta09.jpg

And you're tempting me because Hashi wants to make knight!Liet and you're doing Teuton!Prussia and I love the kids' outfits. Plus, tiny!Austria and Teuton were nominally kind of friends.

: O! I've been planning on doing that version of spain for a while! He's so cute!
D: and I was having the hardest time finding official art, because I only saw cosplays on cure, and fan art.
: D so thank you!
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1914 on: February 20, 2010, 10:37:43 pm »
Felix: You can skip those sorts of issues by making a clear list of policies. People can't legitimately get cash back if you warn them beforehand of what you will and won't take responsibility for.

I had a 1991 Singer for the longest time, but then it died. I screwed up my first stitches on there. -nostalgia sniffle-

Fuyuko: You're welcome~.
I feel like there should be more versions of Canada. He only has... four. XD
... You should do Mountie Canada.

Naru: You are totally welcome. I usually find the official art on the Hetalia File Archive: http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchive/

Man, I love that Spain. It'll be awesome to see you cosplay him.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1915 on: February 20, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »
Jaqua, most GQ husband-and-wife outfits ever?
Oh heck yes. I might just drag you all out to my house to take pictures under the grape vines and drink tea out of my fancy teasets.

We will be the coolest husband and wife ever seen by anyone, people may go into mild shock at how awesome we are. Then they will see the rest of the group and faint. FAINT.

@Felix: fffffffff you are amazing. That chainmail is amazing. I am excited to see it done. Because it is... amazing

I looooooooove those Children's Day costumes! America's is the cutest imho, but I am also madly madly MADLY in love with Spain's.
if there was a teuton!prussia, knight!liet, and cd!austria i would feel morally obligated to do cd!hungary since goddamn my weakness for group cosplays

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1916 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »
@Malaria: :'D thank you! I just don't 100% know when. XD I might use that cosplay as a test to see if I could ever actually manage doing Succession Spain.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1917 on: February 20, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »
Jaqua: We might set ourselves on fire with how hot we'll be.
argh I just did mental FIRE CODE

We are not doing a Children group because I need to stop making Hetalia cosplays. -crosses fingers for luck-

Naru: But that one and Succession Spain are way different in construction. o.o
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1918 on: February 20, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »
*shrug* true, but I need to get a feel for little details I figure making that spain look a bit more intricate would help my Idea. But whatever.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1919 on: February 20, 2010, 11:48:33 pm »
-crosses fingers too-
I'll never get anything else done if I keep doing Hetalias... but I'm pretty sure I won't want to after the epicness of chainmail and Succession. I like the idea of ending with that sort of awesome...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1920 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:22 am »
@Malaria: Waah I knooww. Canada does not have a large variety of styles. So sad. xD; I'm almost tempted to design a version of my own... umm... Maple Maid? Pfft.
Heh, Mountie!Canada does sound fun though. <3
... Now that I think about it after what you said in your last post, my list of Hetalia cosplays is taking over everything. Eep. I think I need to spread my cosplay horizons a bit. 8x

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1921 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:45 pm »
Naru: Hetalia is kind of low on really detailed looks. ._. Some of it you just have to make up as you go along.

Felix: That is going out on a pretty high note. And hopefully Succession will teach me the skills needed to do epic stuff in other fandoms.

Fuyuko: That's like asking to get molested. XD
Hetalia is a total cosplay black hole. Not that there's anything wrong with doing a lot of Hetalia. But personally, I want to get into doing other styles again.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #1922 on: February 21, 2010, 12:33:02 pm »
I'm thinking I should just do matador Spain. The more I look into it, the more I cannot get piratador to work. First of all because it doesn't agree with history in any way whatsoever, and second, people might mistake it for the succession outfit because it would be red and long. Or they'd think I did a really bad job with the matador outfit because the coat is supposed to be short.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1923 on: February 21, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »
Hmm... if you can't get it to work, sticking with Matador would be a good idea. It wouldn't be fun if you put all that effort into the costume only to have people think it was a bad job of something else.

I feel the same... like Hetalia is eating up all the things I really want to do... but on the other hand group cosplay is more fun. The threads for certain other series I want to cosplay discourage me because the people who post there are not the sort of people I want to hang out with. Once the awesome people leave Hetalia there will be no incentive for me to cosplay it anymore, especially since I'm not a huge Hetalia fan to begin with.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1924 on: February 21, 2010, 03:15:20 pm »
Cassi: ): It's too bad you can't pull it off, but a suit of lights would still be lovely. Are you gonna do the sparkly embroidery?

Felix: I feel kinda bad for conning so many people into doing Succession, 'cause oh god more Hetalia, but it's Succession!
I understand your hesitation, but there are still cool people who cosplay KH. Maybe they're just not posting? Even if we end up cosplaying totally unrelated things, we should still hang out. <3 I will not abandon you because of something as weak as a different series! -hero pose-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1925 on: February 21, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »
-bows to heroics-
I know there are ... but the immaturity that sometimes frequents that thread scares me. Maybe all the other mature people are scared away as well? xD;
...Was it that obvious I was talking about the KH thread?

I didn't think you'd actually abandon me. It's just that sometimes the group makes a cosplay that much better. For example, one Succession nation is pretty cool; a group of all six BLOWS YOUR MIND. You can do awesome group pictures as well....

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1926 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »
Not especially. XD But you have four fandoms down there. Two I'm in with you, one is obscure, and the last one is full of fangirls. Fangirls make things worse.

This is absolutely true. Groups are more fun. But sometimes, you just have to strike out and make the epic thing because it is epic!
I am going to find a way to get all six of us as Succession to my house for a tea party with the nice tea set. Those outfits require nice dishware and also extremely tense treaty negotiation pictures.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1927 on: February 21, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »
I see your point. I cannot seem to comprehend the mind of a fangirl.
There are other series I want to do that aren't down there, though. They just aren't on my possible-plans-for-2010 list.

...complete with vicious England-France tension!
I'm so excited for Succession.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1928 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:51 pm »
But I was right anyway. Obviously I am magic. B)

Oh man I know~. I will have pirate garb for life. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1929 on: February 21, 2010, 10:53:32 pm »
Jesus Christ, explosion. o.o I'm not even gonna try to say everything I was gonna say in response to everyone's posts. XD

@Fuyuko: Oh man, if you do Mountie Canada, I will love you forever. XDD

@Cassie: Do Matador~! I loooovveee Matadorrrr~! So gorgeous. *.*
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1930 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:03 am »
That's pretty much the story of this thread. It's inactive for days then it explodes.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1931 on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:27 am »
And then we comment on it's inactivity and explosions. So very predictable. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1932 on: February 22, 2010, 12:21:57 pm »
And we manage to make it explode without being on topic. xD  (Well, the last one sort of was, but I'd say that's pretty rare.)

Offline laceyzuzu

• Cabbit
« Reply #1933 on: February 22, 2010, 05:16:13 pm »
oh random thought! today i was thinking hey you know what would be fun? a tea party....

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1934 on: February 22, 2010, 05:39:36 pm »
I'M DOING AN ON-TOPIC POST OMG

I got my contacts for Prussia today, but I won't be able to give you pics until I'm able to stick plastic in my eye. :o
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1935 on: February 22, 2010, 06:09:06 pm »
XDDDDDD poor thing!
I wish you luck!
: o only reminds me that I need to order my 16 dollar purple ones. XD

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1936 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:51 pm »
Zuzu: Tea parties are always fun~

Miria: : DDDDD YAY CREEPY RED EYES

Naru: Where did you find $16 contacts?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1937 on: February 22, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »
YAY INDEED

Naru, you should order them soon, then. 'Cause the batch orders take forever. >.<
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1938 on: February 22, 2010, 06:32:25 pm »
@Malaria- XD contacts from Singapore. I need to see if I remember the site, if I find it, I'll put the link up and you can have a look see. I'm not sure if they are still 16 dollars, they might be 20 now, but we'll look and see!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1939 on: February 22, 2010, 06:36:57 pm »
Oh, yeah, you're using a different place than I did. |D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1940 on: February 22, 2010, 06:39:42 pm »
XD yup!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1941 on: February 23, 2010, 07:48:31 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/f3qr1.jpg < There's a picture of my not-so creepy red eyes.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1942 on: February 23, 2010, 07:56:56 pm »
Neato.

There is officially too much Prussia in my life. Stooop iiiit.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1943 on: February 23, 2010, 08:02:02 pm »
8D

There's never too much awesome in one's life!
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1944 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:59 pm »
That is certainly true. However, I don't see the connection.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1945 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:51 pm »
Pffft. 'Cause Prussia is awesome, obviously.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #1946 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:20 pm »
Well, Napolean had some sort of advantage over the Prussians at some point in history. (I forget the details.) But this could be considered "butting into the conversation," so I'll stop there.

Fukuyo: Speaking of people I would like to see wearing their cosplay and an apron...Lol, Valeria's right, though. It's asking to be smothered. If you can take that much love, then I say do it! (And on an unrelated note, I want to see your Rin cosplay. I'll have to email you about that. *-* )

Malaria: Ooo, that picture of Austria you pulled up a while back has an awesome outfit. Brown is good, especially when it comes in awesome-looking coat form. : D Pwretty tea sets~

I almost forgot how much fun this thread was, after being away from it for so long. xD Ah, it's good to be back~

Felix: You've heard this a million times, I know, but CHAINMAIL~!! +w+

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1947 on: February 23, 2010, 08:33:35 pm »
Well, Napolean had some sort of advantage over the Prussians at some point in history. (I forget the details.) But this could be considered "butting into the conversation," so I'll stop there.
You're not butting in!

Except after that, Waterloo happened, and then the Franco-Prussian war (though that was a few decades later), which were both very big Prussian victories.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:36:58 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1948 on: February 23, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »
Pffft. 'Cause Prussia is awesome, obviously.
Awesome is the scope of his idiotic behavior, yes.

Kero: It's terribly pretty. I'm thinking of making something similar for something unrelated, and then I can feel less bad about making yet another Hetalia cosplay. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #1949 on: February 23, 2010, 09:03:05 pm »
You're not butting in!

Except after that, Waterloo happened, and then the Franco-Prussian war (though that was a few decades later), which were both very big Prussian victories.

The French army had come to find the whole fiasco tiresome by that time. (In other words, they quit. >>; ) And then they exiled Napoleon. You know what they say; "A man can be as great as he wants to be if he has courage, detemination and competitive drive," but he's still only one man.

For some reason, I'm resisting using dirty tactics and pulling out the "you're a dead country" card. Man, I must be tired if I'm even thinking about using such worn-out tactics, xD.
ilu? owO;; <3

Malaria: I approve of that plan. Any reason to have that coat, a nice vest, and another blouse, eh? d(>w<   ) Edit: I just noticed your icon. That's greatness. xD
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:05:12 pm by Kero-sempai »