Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 203699 times)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #800 on: June 22, 2012, 07:44:27 am »
At our lolita meetups we typically do an activity (get food, watch a movie, go ice skating, etc) and then take photos after/during. Photoshoots are cool and all but it's not the best way to meet people. Anyone can just randomly take photos.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #801 on: June 22, 2012, 09:19:48 am »
Anyone been to either of those restaurants?
I went to Little Italy's last kcon actually! The food was really good and if I remember not too expensive.
I think if I remember it's kinda small?
But regardless, I think the idea of meeting for dinner or lunch and then having a photoshoot either before or afterwards would be great.
I agree, photoshoots aren't really always the best place to meet people.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #802 on: June 22, 2012, 09:24:38 am »
Personally I'd prefer to see a photoshoot happen, then go to a restaurant to socialize.  As much as it's nice to meet new people in the community, it would be really nice to kick off the weekend by getting a few pictures and not have to worry all weekend whether or not there will be any good ones.  Again, that's just my personal preference, but anyone who didn't want to partake in one or the other could obviously abstain without experiencing significant loss.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #803 on: June 22, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
This makes sense. Then the people who are too cheap/scared to eat with us can leave and then we can go to a restaurant.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #804 on: June 22, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »
even with a nakin some foods can go threw and destory and outfit i ve had the happen to many times .

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #805 on: June 22, 2012, 06:23:41 pm »
then don't come.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #806 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »
If you guys don't mind that I'm not in lolita, I'd still like to come. My friend and I already have cosplay plans to be Soul and Death the Kid, but both wear and love the lolita fashion and would love to come and meet more of the community.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »
even with a nakin some foods can go threw and destory and outfit i ve had the happen to many times .

Hun, you don't have to make excuses to not come with us.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2012, 10:57:48 pm »
If you guys don't mind that I'm not in lolita, I'd still like to come. My friend and I already have cosplay plans to be Soul and Death the Kid, but both wear and love the lolita fashion and would love to come and meet more of the community.

I don't mind. :) You'd probably end up being the designated photo-takers though. lol
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »

Hun, you don't have to make excuses to not come with us.

really not making an excuses I m point out some things other people might find an worrie or an issue, as i said ive had food get on a dress even with nakin, its not always fun accedents happen when in a large group and food is involed but heres a better idea so both groups have fun,one group can get food and the other can have a photoshoot so those who want to eat and talk can go do that and the others can have fun and take photos. have them at diffrent time so if someone who is getting food with one group can later go take photos with the others win win
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:02:10 am by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #810 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:13 am »
Or just have the photoshoot before getting food as DancingTofu said so nobody has to worry about that?
Because I agree, that sounds like it would be the best plan for this. :/

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #811 on: June 23, 2012, 04:45:10 am »
I don't own any $300+ burando (most expensive dress I have is my $80 bodyline :P) so I can't really empathize with anyone who's terribly worried about food getting on their expensive clothes, but if it's really that much of a concern, there are a lot of options:

1 ~ eat something that's not messy.
2 ~ eat gracefully and elegantly, as a lolita ought.
3 ~ change clothes while waiting for food.
4 ~ a well-applied bib and napkin combination should protect just about any outfit from just about any food.
5 ~ stay for the photoshoot, don't go to the restaurant.

Looking at the facebook poll, the notion of going to a restaurant seems to be the overwhelmingly popular choice (either just restaurant or restaurant + photoshoot - they're pretty close in votes), so I'd venture to say that the restaurant should definitely be planned on.  Those who want to do a photoshoot before can do a photoshoot before, and those who want to do a photoshoot after.  Personally, after a large meal I like to sit down and relax for a while, so I wouldn't partake in a photoshoot after eating.  If there's an interest for a post-dinner photoshoot though, I'm sure those interested could put it together without too much issue.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2012, 10:16:44 am »

I don't mind. :) You'd probably end up being the designated photo-takers though. lol

I'd be totally fine with that. I'm pretty good at shoots. I'll talk to my friend. We may end up changing into Lolita~
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2012, 10:28:26 am »

I'd be totally fine with that. I'm pretty good at shoots. I'll talk to my friend. We may end up changing into Lolita~

:D Sounds like a plan.

I think a photoshoot then dinner sounds fine.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #814 on: June 23, 2012, 10:35:34 am »
Sorry for the double post, but I just made the facebook event. We can change it if needed. https://www.facebook.com/events/465721783457754/
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #815 on: June 23, 2012, 12:10:46 pm »
Or just have the photoshoot before getting food as DancingTofu said so nobody has to worry about that?
Because I agree, that sounds like it would be the best plan for this. :/
agree with that ^^ photoshoot will be fun

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #816 on: June 23, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »
Not to bring up the argument again, but if people are legitimately scared of getting food on their clothes I have both a fabric detergent and a bleach pen, I've used the fabric detergent one on my Angelic Pretty dress to get out a stain before. And it's a print/color known for running when wet, no less.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #817 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »
This makes sense. Then the people who are too cheap/scared to eat with us can leave and then we can go to a restaurant.

Calling some one "cheap" isn't the right way to go.
A lot of us only have money for the con and money for food at subway. This doesn't make us cheap. If I had money for the restaurant. By all means, I would go. But just because I don't, doesn't make me cheap.

cheap people sell out easily. There is a difference between not having money and being cheap.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #818 on: June 23, 2012, 08:59:46 pm »

A lot of us only have money for the con and money for food at subway. This doesn't make us cheap. If I had money for the restaurant. By all means, I would go. But just because I don't, doesn't make me cheap.

cheap people sell out easily. There is a difference between not having money and being cheap.

agree I m not scard or cheep, the i state some people have worrie that food might get on their dress, can become on issue for some, i wear Kuro lolita, so there for i got no worrie but others might wear all white dress and have that fear.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #819 on: June 23, 2012, 09:56:03 pm »
.... calling someone cheap really is extremely rude. For all you know, someone may not have any extra money at all to spend on food at a meet up. That meet up could be the only good thing going on in their life, and if going means not eating, then its not cheap, its what they have to do. I don't have any money to spend on anything at all, including food for my house, so if I don't eat anything at a meet up that's fine. It doesn't make me cheap.
And as a side note, when hosting a meet up, you guys really should try to make sure everyone can get something to eat. Its really rude to eat in front of someone that you've invited that can't afford to eat.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #820 on: June 23, 2012, 10:33:00 pm »

agree I m not scard or cheep, the i state some people have worrie that food might get on their dress, can become on issue for some, i wear Kuro lolita, so there for i got no worrie but others might wear all white dress and have that fear.

You can worry about your dress all you want, hun. Don't think you have to worry about the safety of anyone else's as well. If we want to go to a restaurant and ~*risk the safety*~ of our precious burando, we're well within our rights to put our napkins in our laps and eat with all the good manners and ladylike habits we were raised to have.

I actually don't see what we're still squabbling over, if people don't want to eat with us they don't have to. They can leave after the shoot.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #821 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »
Okay look here for all you guys to know and understand I'm not worried about anyone else dress alright, I can care less but I was bring something up that some people wont. personally I can careless with food or no food but I personally wont go get food becuse I dislike half of the girls who wear loltia. anyways. So back to subject. Food sounds good for you guys but not all of us just want to go our own way after taking a few photos. so hows this those who want good after or before can go get food those who dont want food but dosent want to leave after the photoshoot we can all hang out in the part. and have fun. maybe even play some childish games.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:24:13 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #822 on: June 23, 2012, 11:41:42 pm »
We're not stopping you from doing anything after we leave.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #823 on: June 24, 2012, 12:27:58 am »
did I state anyone was stopping anyone I was stating for those who dont want to go eat we call all still hang out after the photo stood if they don't want to leave yet. so it be photoshoot, then those who want food can get food and those who just want to hang out and talk can stay were we have the photoshoot and hang out

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #824 on: June 24, 2012, 12:38:55 am »
I'm sorry, but this argument is kinda silly you guys....seriously....just stop... ;;

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #825 on: June 24, 2012, 01:18:29 am »
And as a side note, when hosting a meet up, you guys really should try to make sure everyone can get something to eat. Its really rude to eat in front of someone that you've invited that can't afford to eat.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
Just because your leaving to go to the resturant doesn't mean the meets over. That would only be half of it. And so leave people because they don't have money is also rude.

I'm sorry, but this argument is kinda silly you guys....seriously....just stop... ;;

We can't solve issues if we don't talk about them. You know this. If you wan't it to stop. Then I advise to just not get into it. And let it run its coarse. Or we will all have built up tension.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #826 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:36 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
Just because your leaving to go to the resturant doesn't mean the meets over. That would only be half of it. And so leave people because they don't have money is also rude.

We can't solve issues if we don't talk about them. You know this. If you wan't it to stop. Then I advise to just not get into it. And let it run its coarse. Or we will all have built up tension.

^^ agree

so waht you guys say to a photoshoot and after those who want to get food can and those who just want to talk and hang out or do more photos can stay in the meeting place

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #827 on: June 24, 2012, 01:58:19 am »
^^^

I am sure we could find some sorta of thing to do while we do have a photoshoot.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:06 am »
agree. I will still want to hang out after the photoshoot i m not one into eating infront of people. or one who can afford it  at this time

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #829 on: June 24, 2012, 02:42:22 am »
I'm honestly confused as to how we're still squabbling over this. It's been said three or four times now by completely different people so I'm sure we're all in agreement- we take pictures, we go our separate ways. I don't see why everyone's restating it as a brand new suggestion every time they have to say something on the topic.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #830 on: June 24, 2012, 02:52:21 am »
some people still might want to hang out so if they do its go to dinner or hang out with those still around for while. or leave and go on with the day

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #831 on: June 24, 2012, 10:18:47 am »
Yes. We understand. You don't need to keep saying the same thing over and over. I think people are still squabbling over this simply because it keeps getting brought up.

Also, it's not an issue. Everyone who's been to a meetup knows how they usually go. People get together, do something, then part, maybe the separate groups do other things. Since this is not an issue, it doesn't need to be talked about.

Also, the whole "cheap" thing: I think it was just a misuse of words by Richie and for you guys to attack her is mean and against forum rules. "Keep discussion friendly and civil, and keep discussion focused on the issue rather than the person. No personal attacks or speculating about another person's motives."
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #832 on: June 24, 2012, 10:34:54 am »
...I didn't call anyone cheap, just putting that out there.

So what's everyone gonna wear? I'm thinking my Pietro Angel JSK and a more gothic look, but I might persuade myself otherwise. Though how I could possibly persuade myself to wear something other than gothic is beyond me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:35:18 am by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #833 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:12 am »
...I didn't call anyone cheap, just putting that out there.

So what's everyone gonna wear? I'm thinking my Pietro Angel JSK and a more gothic look, but I might persuade myself otherwise. Though how I could possibly persuade myself to wear something other than gothic is beyond me.

Oh sorry, it was Sora. Too many posts to remember. :P

Kayla and I were going to wear Pirate Lolita. :3 Not sure exactly what I'll wear. Either my chess skirt or my AATP Lace Print skirt.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #834 on: June 24, 2012, 10:47:08 am »
I'd join you in your pirateyness but when I try to Pirate Lolita it ends up Gokaiger themed.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #835 on: June 24, 2012, 11:07:22 am »
The only lolita I have is my Milky Berry outfit, so I guess I'm wearing that haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #836 on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:22 am »
I'd join you in your pirateyness but when I try to Pirate Lolita it ends up Gokaiger themed.

Lololol with your Basco hat? Yeahhhhhh

The only lolita I have is my Milky Berry outfit, so I guess I'm wearing that haha.

lolol Katie. What happened to your other stuff? Sold it all?
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #837 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »
I have no idea what I will wear. I sorta wear it every day. So I guess what every I put on that morning. XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #838 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »

Yeah, I sold Powder Rose to Ashlee, remember, and then sold my Jewelry Jelly set before Sakuracon to pay for my cosplay stuff. I'll never sell Milky Berry though <3
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #839 on: June 24, 2012, 01:00:54 pm »

Yeah, I sold Powder Rose to Ashlee, remember, and then sold my Jewelry Jelly set before Sakuracon to pay for my cosplay stuff. I'll never sell Milky Berry though <3

Mmmm Well, if you ever change your mind, hit me up. ;D
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline LIGHT

• Cabbit
« Reply #840 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:55 pm »

Also, When were you guys planning on doing Soul eater Cosplay? My boyfriend and I are going as Maka and Stein.

Also, I vote Photoshoot before Food and then food. :D That way we don't feel all chubby in our pretty dresses after. ^^

Maka, Amulet Heart, Sailor Mars

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #841 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »

omg nooooo ;___; I could never sell it! It was my dream dress for a long time, plus it has full back shirring and will fit me no matter what, and it was my first AP piece!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #842 on: June 24, 2012, 10:36:28 pm »

omg nooooo ;___; I could never sell it! It was my dream dress for a long time, plus it has full back shirring and will fit me no matter what, and it was my first AP piece!

Hahaha I had a feeling you'd say that. But that's what I was thinking about my Sleeping Beauty dress, and I ended up selling that. I still love the print, just not the style of the OP.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #843 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:31 pm »

Hahaha I had a feeling you'd say that. But that's what I was thinking about my Sleeping Beauty dress, and I ended up selling that. I still love the print, just not the style of the OP.
I love the print, color, and style. I wanted the specific piece for a long time so when Kirsty sold it, I totally jumped on the offer haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:14 am »
So, my friend has this same wig. And I normaly don't like wigs with lolita (unless its a normal solid color) But I want to know what you guys thing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Unique-Pink-Colorful-Multi-Color-Long-Wavy-Cosplay-women-Wig-Hairnet-HN61-/221027402368?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D234847134265610380%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D5%26#ht_4423wt_982

------
Also, I cam across this site. I think some of their dresses are cute. And I was wondering what you guys think as far as ordering goes? (some of their dresses look like ita stuff) But what do you think?

http://www.lolitashop.us/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:00:17 am by RozenMaiden_Girl »

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:44 am »
So, my friend has this same wig. And I normaly don't like wigs with lolita (unless its a normal solid color) But I want to know what you guys thing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Unique-Pink-Colorful-Multi-Color-Long-Wavy-Cosplay-women-Wig-Hairnet-HN61-/221027402368?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D234847134265610380%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D5%26#ht_4423wt_982

------
Also, I cam across this site. I think some of their dresses are cute. And I was wondering what you guys think as far as ordering goes? (some of their dresses look like ita stuff) But what do you think?

On the wig: I think it looks good. As long as the quality of a wig is good, it is kept styled nicely, and it goes with the outfit and the person's coloring, it's good to go.

On the website: Looks like a suspicious Milanoo branch. All of the pictures are photoshopped brand pictures, and I never trust websites with those kind of pictures, because you might get lucky and get a good replica, or you'll get screwed over and get some crappy ill-fitting garment.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2012, 12:36:04 pm »

------

On the wig: I think it looks good. As long as the quality of a wig is good, it is kept styled nicely, and it goes with the outfit and the person's coloring, it's good to go.

On the website: Looks like a suspicious Milanoo branch. All of the pictures are photoshopped brand pictures, and I never trust websites with those kind of pictures, because you might get lucky and get a good replica, or you'll get screwed over and get some crappy ill-fitting garment.

All right! Thank you! I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask! lol
I have a skirt I think that wig would look good with.  I think I will get it. My friend has the same one and she says its a really good wig! Plus if It doesn't match my skirt I will make a skirt for it to go with.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #847 on: July 08, 2012, 03:26:06 pm »
I'm actually pretty excited for the Kumorcon dinner meet, I haven't worn lolita to a con since Sakuracon 2010, and because of where I go to school I almost never get to go to meetups.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #848 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:07 pm »
I am trying to figure out a pattern to go with as a base for a lolita dress. I am working in a haunted house and I play a doll character so I thought of Lolita fashion because some of it is very doll like. Any suggestions/help?

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #849 on: July 14, 2012, 12:04:56 am »
A line dresses and circle skirt patterns work really well. You can get a basic circle skirt pattern off the net and some fabric stores have pattern sales where you can get patterns for like 50 cents.