Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 203693 times)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #750 on: April 25, 2012, 08:32:28 pm »
The wig phenomenon is quite new to Lolita anyway, probably only about two years old, and really took off with the development of the OTT sweet substyle,

well, to be honest, if bright wigs (some really tacky) can be added, I don see what animal ears can't. But personaly, if people were these crazy colored wigs with lolita it looks more cosplay like then cat ears. that confuses me.

wigs= looks like your not wearing cosplay
cat ears (not with a tail= looks like your cosplaying.

but at the sime time, I DO understand why it can be "dubbed" as looking cosplay like.

all though fashion is about expressing your self. There doesn't half to be a strick line on lolita. that would make lolita boring. or any style boring.
Lolita started as just one fashion right? Clasic Lolita. But how did we get all these stylies? SOME ONE had to jump out of the line to get the other styles, like Ero, Wa, Country, punk ect....

(some times I don't understand why there is Ero lolita because "if it isn't modist, it isn't lolita" and ero doesn't seem all to modist) ANY WAY thats a differant topic.

my point being, wigs are seemed very cosplay like. so some one had to add them into every day lolita. So why are cat ears so fround apon, when (personaly) they look less cosplay like then bright wigs.

just my thoughs on this......
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #751 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »
Well, maybe you can start the Furry Lolita fashion! I say go ahead and do it! Just don't be surprised if people look down on you and say crap about it, at least to start with. I do think people need to lighten up on what they say.

I personally love doing Kodona and Steampunk Lolita, and I do it for a cheap price because I can't afford the official stuff. That would be frowned upon most and I don't see why. I try to follow the "rules" of the fashion with adding my own personal components.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #752 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »
Well, maybe you can start the Furry Lolita fashion!

XD not sure why every one thinks I want to were cat ears with my lolita or furry lolita, ect... I just wanted to bring this up. To really get every one's veiws on it. Yes, I do consider my self a "hybrid" I would only were cat ears in my house.

Lucky for me, I am that kind of person who would care what people say or think of me even if I was to were cat ears in public with lolita.

But this was very intresting to see every ones thoughts on the fashion.

Edit: on a differant note, has any one bought dresses from these sites? What do you all think of them?
Fanplusfriend.com
www.ropalolita.com

and advice on making own lolita outfits. Dresses/skirts/ect....

I also wan't opions on this pattern idea I came up with. (This is only a rough draft of it.)
I made two differant colors opions because I can't choose what one I like best.(supost to be in sweet inspired)
(not safe for people who are scared of Tarantulas)
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff236/DarkLinkfanatic/1andtwo.png
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:48:11 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #753 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:09 am »
Personally, the purple looks better with the spiders. The green ones just look like blobs.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #754 on: April 26, 2012, 10:03:04 am »
Is anyone considering entering a Lolita skit in the Cosplay competition? It would be awesome to have a skit like that.  :)

From the rules:
"While we appreciate costumes from other genres, Kumoricon's Cosplay contest will be limited to those of Japanese origin including: Japanese anime, Japanese manga, J-rock, J-pop, Lolita, Japanese live-action cinema or TV series, Japanese religious or cultural garb, Japanese-origin video games or Japanese school or state uniforms. If your costume originates from any other country, it does not qualify. (Please feel free to enter non-qualifying costumes in the Hall Cosplay Contest)."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #755 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:26 am »
Is anyone considering entering a Lolita skit in the Cosplay competition? It would be awesome to have a skit like that.  :)

From the rules:
"While we appreciate costumes from other genres, Kumoricon's Cosplay contest will be limited to those of Japanese origin including: Japanese anime, Japanese manga, J-rock, J-pop, Lolita, Japanese live-action cinema or TV series, Japanese religious or cultural garb, Japanese-origin video games or Japanese school or state uniforms. If your costume originates from any other country, it does not qualify. (Please feel free to enter non-qualifying costumes in the Hall Cosplay Contest)."
It would be difficult to do a skit based around lolita because it's like getting up there in normal clothes for a lot of us.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #756 on: April 26, 2012, 01:43:57 pm »
^ From what I've overheard more than a few times in these threads, that makes a lot of sense.

The only thing that even comes to mind would be a skit about how the different groups of Lolitas interact with each other, or with various types of cosplayers. Would it be possible to come up with something that's entertaining without coming across as poking fun, though?  :-\

(Apologies for the derail, btw.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #757 on: April 26, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
^ From what I've overheard more than a few times in these threads, that makes a lot of sense.

The only thing that even comes to mind would be a skit about how the different groups of Lolitas interact with each other, or with various types of cosplayers. Would it be possible to come up with something that's entertaining without coming across as poking fun, though?  :-\

I doubt it.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #758 on: April 26, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »
I'm already going to be in the costume contest with LtCommanderRichie, so we wouldn't be able to be part of it anyway. I'm in the same boat as Katie, I don't see Lolita as a costume, so I wouldn't want to be in a costume contest wearing it.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #759 on: April 26, 2012, 11:10:21 pm »

Well I could see some comedy based around lolita no problem, the only thing is that so many of the jokes are so... They're like inside jokes, you know? Other lolitas will get them but not really people outside of the "culture" so to speak.

I know there are some funny videos online based around lolita, since they have a worldwide reach people get them and think they're funny. But an audience of mostly non-lolitas wouldn't probably be entertained.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #760 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:07 am »
Like the vid "Sh*t Lolitas Say"

If Kumo really wants to involve the Lolita community, maybe host a Fashion Show?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #761 on: April 27, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »
^ agrees to this
Showing off the many styles of lolita in a big fashion show will be alot better and alittle more fun to show off your dress made and non made and bring the lolita culture to those who want to get into it.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #762 on: June 11, 2012, 07:41:48 am »
^ agrees to this
Showing off the many styles of lolita in a big fashion show will be alot better and alittle more fun to show off your dress made and non made and bring the lolita culture to those who want to get into it.

The Kumoricon Fashion Show will be on MONDAY (not sure of time... but Jaki OK'd it).

I called it that because I wanted to be sure that Lolitas understood that it's not a cosplay fashion show (though cosplayers / costumes are welcome, too), but rather a fashion show to showcase all of the fashions that are worn at Kumoricon.  :)  I hope to see a bunch of you ladies there.

Each participant will have to write up a few sentences about their outfit for the MC to read, including the model's name & the name of the designer (I know some of you create your own outfits and others purchase them from various vendors). The model will walk to center stage, pose, then walk off. 

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #763 on: June 11, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »
just talked to some one on the forums here who said "lolita is considered cosplay, especially in Japan".

Pfffff
no.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #764 on: June 11, 2012, 04:19:34 pm »
Ashally a friend i have in japan he says its a street fashion but even the adults consider it cosplay or costumes. depending on the person. i Tell my mother it is a fashion but to her its still just a costume/cosplay.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #765 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »
Ashally a friend i have in japan he says its a street fashion but even the adults consider it cosplay or costumes. depending on the person. i Tell my mother it is a fashion but to her its still just a costume/cosplay.

I know, but lolita was made to be a fashion. Not a cosplay. But I could see why. Its just fustrating when people think that wering cat ears with lolita make it lolita and on top of that then calling lolita a cosplay. When its ment to be a fashion.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #766 on: June 11, 2012, 04:41:58 pm »

I know, but lolita was made to be a fashion. Not a cosplay. But I could see why. Its just fustrating when people think that wering cat ears with lolita make it lolita and on top of that then calling lolita a cosplay. When its ment to be a fashion.

Ashally the reason why there is cosplay lolita is becuse there are some cosplays that look like lolita like eternal Santana. the main charaters dress is very lolita/costume like. and wearing anime ears with lolita can be okay depending of the lolita like Alice in wonderland or the mini mouse lolita I saw awhile back. I do understand why alot of girls who get uptight about lolita. but its style is used in many anime and games. so thats why there is a cosplay lolita type. but I do some what agree some cat ears are not apporet but if the person wants to wear them dont make fun of them or stop them for it. because its their expression  of the fashion.

(sorry for long post with bad spelling I am on my ipod and spell check has been weird and its hard to push stuff lol)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #767 on: June 11, 2012, 06:42:27 pm »

I know there is "cosplay" lolita. But it really isn't like, legit lolita. But I agree, cat ears can look good if done right.

But also, punk could be considered. I meen, there are anime/game characters that dress that way. The character in said game/anime is wearing the fashion. And when people cosplay it, they are cosplaying lolita.

Just because lolita is in said game.anime doesn't meen all lolita is cosplay.
Ashally the reason why there is cosplay lolita is becuse there are some cosplays that look like lolita like eternal Santana. the main charaters dress is very lolita/costume like. and wearing anime ears with lolita can be okay depending of the lolita like Alice in wonderland or the mini mouse lolita I saw awhile back. I do understand why alot of girls who get uptight about lolita. but its style is used in many anime and games. so thats why there is a cosplay lolita type. but I do some what agree some cat ears are not apporet but if the person wants to wear them dont make fun of them or stop them for it. because its their expression  of the fashion.

(sorry for long post with bad spelling I am on my ipod and spell check has been weird and its hard to push stuff lol)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #768 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
Yeah, my point of view is I know and respect Lolita as a fashion, but I wear is so rarely that it's more of a costume for me...

If I could get away with it, I'd wear more of this stuff more often...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #769 on: June 13, 2012, 06:18:55 pm »

I know there is "cosplay" lolita. But it really isn't like, legit lolita. But I agree, cat ears can look good if done right.

But also, punk could be considered. I meen, there are anime/game characters that dress that way. The character in said game/anime is wearing the fashion. And when people cosplay it, they are cosplaying lolita.

Ashally the reason why there is cosplay lolita is becuse there are some cosplays that look like lolita like eternal Santana. the main charaters dress is very lolita/costume like. and wearing anime ears with lolita can be okay depending of the lolita like Alice in wonderland or the mini mouse lolita I saw awhile back. I do understand why alot of girls who get uptight about lolita. but its style is used in many anime and games. so thats why there is a cosplay lolita type. but I do some what agree some cat ears are not apporet but if the person wants to wear them dont make fun of them or stop them for it. because its their expression  of the fashion.

Thank you for correcting the spelling for me I was going to do it today while I was on my main computer.
But yes not everyone will see lolita as a fashion no matter what country you are in. or who you are there is always people who will see it as a costume.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:20:58 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #770 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01:32 pm »

Ashally the reason why there is cosplay lolita is becuse there are some cosplays that look like lolita like eternal Santana. the main charaters dress is very lolita/costume like. and wearing anime ears with lolita can be okay depending of the lolita like Alice in wonderland or the mini mouse lolita I saw awhile back. I do understand why alot of girls who get uptight about lolita. but its style is used in many anime and games. so thats why there is a cosplay lolita type. but I do some what agree some cat ears are not apporet but if the person wants to wear them dont make fun of them or stop them for it. because its their expression  of the fashion.

Thank you for correcting the spelling for me I was going to do it today while I was on my main computer.
But yes not everyone will see lolita as a fashion no matter what country you are in. or who you are there is always people who will see it as a costume.

I know, its just really fustrating when some people wont see it as a fashion. ;w;

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #771 on: June 14, 2012, 01:26:51 am »
yeah but its how life is. whats normal to those who wear lolita is not normal to those who don't
and some times its reversed I know a girl who wears lolita all the time and to her normal clothing is weird

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #772 on: June 14, 2012, 01:50:55 am »
yeah but its how life is. whats normal to those who wear lolita is not normal to those who don't
and some times its reversed I know a girl who wears lolita all the time and to her normal clothing is weird

Sorta like how i am. I think short shorts are weird. (unless used under a skirt of dress)

Offline LIGHT

• Cabbit
« Reply #773 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »
I had a question about which day people were planning on Dressing up in Lolita?
Maybe we could all have a day to wear it and have a huge group on Lolitas Walking about? I'm not sure if this was mentioned before but it'd be cool?

Maka, Amulet Heart, Sailor Mars

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #774 on: June 19, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »
There's usually a lolita meetup during the con. Last year it was on Day 0 for lunch, but in the past it's been a dinner meet.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #775 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:40 pm »
I like day 0 because then I don't have to change a bunch (kumo this year will have korra and that is gonna be a bitch to put on and take off)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #776 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »
tbh I have so many cosplays this year that I don't think I'll bring Lolita to con. XP
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #777 on: June 19, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »
I might bring my lolita or Kodona for Day 0, but I'm not sure...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #778 on: June 19, 2012, 11:53:01 pm »
I'd bring the rori for a meetup.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #779 on: June 20, 2012, 11:59:06 am »
But I have to miss so many meetups this summer, we need a meetup at the con ;-;

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »
I never been to a lolita meet-up. it would be nice if we had one on day 0

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »
I think the best night to have it would be either night of Day 0 or night of Day 1 for dinner. If it's Day 0 I'll be in Lolita, if it's Day 1 I'll either be in Kuranosuke or Luigi, but I'll be there.

Restaurant possibilities? Here's a bunch of resaurants in walking distance: http://goo.gl/maps/Cf6S Just hover over the red/pink dots to see which restaurant each is.

I went to Tiger's Garden (Thai restaurant) a lot last year and I love the pineapple cashew fried rice. But it's a pretty small restaurant. :/ Otherwise there's a bunch of sandwich/panini places, cafes, a couple Italian restaurants, Asian Fusion places, etc. And, no, we are not eating at Subway. >_<
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:14:30 pm by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
But Subway ;A;
Jk

I'm really fine with anything. I may not have a large spending buget, so I may just come to hang out.

I'd rather Day 0 and I'll have a friend joining me who'll probably be in his Kodona outfit.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2012, 09:39:50 pm »
I'll be wearing brolita every day so whenever's clever works for me~
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »
italian italian night of day 0 is my vote

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #785 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:47 pm »
K. Sounds like Day 0 it will be. Let's say, meet at the restaurant at 6? Which of the two Italian places?

http://www.littleitalystrattoria.com/locations.htm

http://www.cafealdente.net/index.html
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #786 on: June 20, 2012, 10:39:11 pm »
K. Sounds like Day 0 it will be. Let's say, meet at the restaurant at 6? Which of the two Italian places?

http://www.littleitalystrattoria.com/locations.htm

http://www.cafealdente.net/index.html

I wouldn't go because I wouldn't have money to go to a restaurant.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:05 am »
Me either maybe a lolita picnicked would be nicer everyone brings something sandwatches maybe some cute bentos like i did with some friends awhile back :D my bento had a cute bear in it

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #788 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:55 am »
I think it would be really hard to bring food, at least for me, because I'll be getting to con pretty early in the day and won't be able to refrigerate anything. We've had plenty of meetups in the past at restaurants and not everyone will buy something. You don't have to buy anything to socialize. :)
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #789 on: June 21, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »
I think it would be better if we did a photoshoot in the garden thats right next to the park.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
I wouldn't be able to bring anything to a picnic as I'm coming from several hours away. Dinner is a much better option for me, and I don't mind which restaurant we go to but Italian does sound lovely.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #791 on: June 21, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »
I think we could do a photoshoot too, but I tend to not enjoy photoshoot only meetups. I like to actually do something, like eat food.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2012, 06:07:51 pm »
Anyone been to either of those restaurants?

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #793 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »
I think we could do a photoshoot too, but I tend to not enjoy photoshoot only meetups. I like to actually do something, like eat food.

But a lot of us don't have extra money for food. plus, photoshoots can be called "meet ups" too.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #794 on: June 21, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »
I'll be wearing brolita every day so whenever's clever works for me~

Do you mean Kodona?

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #795 on: June 21, 2012, 09:48:17 pm »
Anyone been to either of those restaurants?

I know I've been to one of them, but it was way back the first time kcon was in Vancouver and I don't remember which one it was. >_<

But a lot of us don't have extra money for food. plus, photoshoots can be called "meet ups" too.

That's fine if you don't have extra money for food, you can just hang out and socialize, no one's forcing you to buy anything. Just because photoshoots can be called meetups does not mean that I will automatically like going to these meetups. I was just expressing my opinion on photoshoot only meetups, which is that I do not enjoy them.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #796 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:26 pm »
No, Tofu is a dapper fellow who happens to look very dashing in a dress.

Also, if you don't have the extra money for food then you don't HAVE to go out to dinner or partake in the food if you do go out with us. I don't enjoy photoshoot-only meetups either, and putting on lots of makeup and a nice dress just to stand around in a park and take pictures seems a little silly to me since I don't consider my nice clothes to be a costume to take photos of. I would rather get gussied up and go to a restaurant, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:56:09 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #797 on: June 22, 2012, 12:06:18 am »
I like photoshoots becuse I personally dont want to drop food on a $200-300 dress and mess it up

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #798 on: June 22, 2012, 01:50:44 am »
Well, you know, there's this neat thing called a napkin that was invented recently, I hear you're supposed to put it on your lap to keep food off your clothes. I'm not trying to be catty or anything but as long as you're not trying to eat soup with a fork keeping food from dropping on your clothes is pretty damn easy :\

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #799 on: June 22, 2012, 04:01:55 am »
I like photoshoots becuse I personally dont want to drop food on a $200-300 dress and mess it up

That and its good way to get pictures of your fav outfits!