Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 203571 times)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 03:50:39 pm »
Kodana = Ouji
Kodana is the English term, Ouji is the Japanese.

I don't know Hawthorne very well, but I would just suggest browsing around and keeping your eyes open. Maybe print out some pictures and bring them with you.
If you really can't find anything, the only store that I can think of that sells male clothing is Fanplusfriend. I don't know anyone who has bought clothing from the ega male section, but their lolita stuff is hit or miss. Some things turn out perfectly, but sometimes they mess up measurements.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:36 pm »
I see, I guess there was some inconsistency within the resources I found while browsing and I was perhaps somewhat thrown off by the vast difference between the pictures you cited and the pictures those articles had cited.

I found some shoes at Good Will and a Tie and a Shirt at The Dig in Oak Grove.  I think my biggest issues will be finding top hats, cravats, and tailed coats.  I'm very particular about having coat tails; it's important to me. :>

I stumbled upon this site (link below), and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it?  Thus far this is the only site I've found that provides very clear and concise pictures of their menswear and meets my stylistic tastes.
http://www.retroscopefashions.com/mens.html

EDIT: I think I'll be getting one of these once I have the funds to do so.  Anyone care to offer an opinion?  Is there ever a situation where an aristocratic look isn't made better by an all-black, hand-crafted, wool-felt top hat?  Also, would anyone care to reference a potentially less expensive source for such a garment?

EDIT2: btw, I believe you mean "Kodona", not "Kodana".  I've noticed this error appears to be a consistent misspelling rather than a typo, so I figured I'd point it out to you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:09:34 am by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 10:09:13 am »
I've never seen that store before, but it looks fine to me. Some of the shiny stuff looks a bit iffy, but I doubt you'll go after anything that seems to be made with cheap-looking materials. That top hat is really nice.

You know, in my long time being a part of the lolita community, I always thought that it was spelled kodana. In my mind, that's how I pronounce it. And it's a big error, so thanks for correcting me. DX
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »
I like that they have a lot of little friendly notes to buyers such as the little warnings regarding sizes and such.  I'll probably steer away from the Satin, because I have found that it can tend to be a somewhat weak fibre, especially with more elaborate designs, but Rayon is pretty reliable in my experience; I have a few 70-year-old shirts made of Rayon which are still in great condition.

Not a problem; I'm glad you didn't take it as an insult or anything.  I had been working with electronics for nearly two years before I found out that "solder" was pronounced /saw durr/.  All the people at hardware stores had just been too polite to correct me. xP

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 07:11:06 pm »
Sounds good! If you order from there, I'd love to see some pictures and coordinates.

Oh man, being in the egl community on livejournal gives you some thick skin. A lot of people today get insulted about such dumb things. I'm honestly glad you told me, because I'm sure I looked like a huge idiot and/or hypocrite.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »
I live in a small society and I've always been afraid I wouldn't be accepted wearing my ELG. By now everyone in this small town knows me and they do understand my gothic style. I've been trying slowly to gradually bring in my lolita but it's still kind of hard to do... especially since I am an adult.
Any advice everyone?

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2009, 01:18:21 pm »
Fleur, you told me to come check out your thread so I did.

Sutie, comming from me, I'd say just go for it. In the lolita handbook there's nothing that discriminates on age. If your worried about being an 'adult' wearing Lolita, I'll join you in bringing it out. Granted my lolita's aren't finished, and I've had to sell most of them I'm sure I can dig one out and we can be Lolitas together.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2009, 03:16:43 pm »
Wearing lolita outside for the first time is scary. But I suggest just taking the plunge. Bring a couple of friends, either in lolita or not, and just have a good time. If you are confident about what you're wearing, you'll feel great. You might get some comments, and you will definitely get stares, but you'll get compliments, too. If anyone tries to make you feel bad about what you're wearing, they're just stupid. They probably don't have very good self-esteem, like you do ;D
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:30 pm »
You know I was looking for a skirt that would look good with my latest loli top today when I had to run outside and grab the mail. Yeah... it was like being on a show where you have the pleage. Moms telling their kids to stay away and I was even told by another lady that what I was wearing looked like it belonged in the bedroom. *sigh* Going all out is going to be interesting.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 08:01:27 pm »
Wow, what exactly were you wearing? I've had one woman tell me "you look very strange to me" while I was wearing a black half-bonnet, and I've worn a more toned-down version of this and got only compliments.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 11:25:26 pm »
-is a little late-
Thank you for all the links on the front page! :3
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 12:14:17 am »
Wow, what exactly were you wearing?

Oh, my! I just realized it might have sounded bad... I was wearing a short sleeve black top trimed with white lace and a black skirt to the knee with white stockings and my favorite black loli shoes. Nothing bad, that is if you were to ask me.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2009, 02:52:45 am »
I live in a small society and I've always been afraid I wouldn't be accepted wearing my EGL**. By now everyone in this small town knows me and they do understand my gothic style. I've been trying slowly to gradually bring in my lolita but it's still kind of hard to do... especially since I am an adult.
Any advice everyone?

From what I know, many people into EGL are in fact adults. Probably because they can actually afford the clothes *_*; So no problem there...
It can be good and bad that you're in a smaller community. Since it's smaller and many people know you and see you often, they'll sort of be forced to accept it after a while. Or they'll accept it quicker. Just do what you're doing; gradually bringing aspects of it in, or just go full-out one day. Er... Just nothing too extravagant, though. I would stick to casual Loli, or outfits that wouldn't be too much of a burden to wear, but by the description of your outfit, that doesn't seem to be much of a problem. O-o

The reactions you got are kind of weird though. Was that just one day? Gee. Either you were (maybe even unintentionally) wearing something inappropriate, or that's a close-minded community. o_o; The only thing I can think of that would make it look weird is if your skirt was too short or you were wearing stripper shoes. Or your skirt was flipped up and you didn't know it :'D

If you want to wear it, just wear it though. You can't force people to like it unfortunately, but there will be people that will support it. Just do what you like to do and ignore the rude comments. As Fleur said, it's always good to bring along friends to help you forget all the bad stuff.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:26 am »
That doesn't sound bad at all :/ You live in Oregon, right? What area?

Hazuza is right, a lot of lolitas are adults. I think a majority are in college, and I've even met some in person who were older than that. Lolita is so great, you can be any age, any gender, any shape, and any race and still look fabulous in it.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »
haha, true. Lolita looks fabulos always!

I live in Seaside. I think the problem is that in my everyday life I'm in contact with all over college age. Just gotta keep 'em guessing I supose ^^

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:01 am »
When you get away from Portland or Eugene; even just outside of the downtown areas, Oregon's pretty conservative.  Coastal cities also seem to lean towards middle-age and elderly populations which will often be adverse to obscure or foreign fashions.  It's easier to manipulate with the male fashions, but it might just be that you're wearing an outfit that's more of an urban style.  You might try investigating some differences between "normal" outfits worn in urban and rural/micro-urban settings and adjust your lolita outfit with similar modifications.  For instance, when I go to the beach, or to visit family in Texas, or anywhere that isn't a liberal urban area, I'll wear slacks, boots, and a nice-looking silk shirt, and I'll tie my hair back when I want to look nicer.  In my normal habitat, I'd wear a suit (unless it's a hot day) and penny loafers to accomplish the same ends, and I'd leave my hair down or partly down.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 09:55:22 pm »
So Charlie wanted me to make this thread live again, and I don't have anything else to do, so here we go XD

And for this bump, I give you guys two of my outfits. The first isn't so recent, and the second is:

Kcon pre-reg outfit XD You can't see my boots, but they have the most ridiculous heels ever. I call them my stripper boots. I also wore this while walking from the Hilton to Voodoo Donuts. WORST. IDEA. EVER.

And an outfit I wore a couple of weekends ago. Ignore my durpy face >: I'll also be wearing this outfit to a lolita thing this weekend.

Hey Hazuza, you're going, right? I'm poppingummies on lj, and it took me a sec to realize why your username sounded so familar when I saw it on there.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 10:05:17 pm »
Ah, yeah, I want to. c: That's cool, I thought I wouldn't know anyone xD;

But two things; my friend wanted me to help her with filming something... And also, I'm afraid it might be way too cold out *_*; The weather report says rain... I've never been to the zoo, so I'm not sure what it'd be like in bad weather o~o;

I feel stupid though, this would be the second time I've said I'd come but bailed DDD: How often do meetups come around?

I like that first skirt btw :3
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:06:46 pm by Hazuza »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2009, 06:56:25 am »
Ehhh the next one I know we'll probably have will be in February. We've been going to the Chocolate Festival for two years in a row, so we'll probably go again, and it's in February. Some of the more well-known girls haven't been as into lolita, so they don't get as many people to come. This'll probably be a small meet.

Don't worry about not knowing anyone! You'll know me! :D And ffff yesterday and the day before they said Sunday wasn't going to have rain, or just "AM rain," so I guess the forecast changed? Just pile on the layers, like what I'm doing.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »
Heeeeeey, I just noticed this thread!  For my senior project, I'm making (currently replicating with adjustments) Lolita outfits, and for the second half of the project I need to find a client to make an outfit of their choice for them.  I can't charge any money for this, but you would get to keep the outfit... (You'd still need to pay for fabric though, but that is the only thing I'm charging) It'd be fitted to your body, because I'd be making a dressform based specifically to your body (which you could also keep if you wanted, I suppose!).  You'd recieve your outfit (needs to be a petticoat, full dress or skirt+blouse, and headpiece) after February once I've been judged by my panel, but of course you could come try it once it's done in around mid-late December (just in time for Christmas, woooo...Though on that note, I'm not good enough yet to work with fake fur or wool, so I can't make any Winter dresses, sorry..). 

Right now I'm doing http://annahousefashion.com/015-1152.jpg (with some changes to the fabric) and as far as I can tell, the website uses sweatshops to make the garments and, uhh, I'm sweatshop free! 8D;;;;

So, uhh, if any of you might be interested in this I can post some progress pictures of the muslin I'm working with right now in a couple weeks... If not though, could you perhaps direct me to a good place to "advertise?"
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

oslapedo

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:07 pm »
I want to make a lolita Mario outfit someday =,)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2009, 05:06:38 pm »
I should ask my drummer if he'll be my "female" counterpart.

IT WOULD BE BRILLIANT! :D

We recently started a sweet lolita/eurobeat band called 美味しい夢 「Oishii Yume AKA Delicious Dream」 as a side-project, so we'll keep you all posted on that

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »
Heeeeeey, I just noticed this thread!  For my senior project, I'm making (currently replicating with adjustments) Lolita outfits, and for the second half of the project I need to find a client to make an outfit of their choice for them.  I can't charge any money for this, but you would get to keep the outfit... (You'd still need to pay for fabric though, but that is the only thing I'm charging) It'd be fitted to your body, because I'd be making a dressform based specifically to your body (which you could also keep if you wanted, I suppose!).  You'd recieve your outfit (needs to be a petticoat, full dress or skirt+blouse, and headpiece) after February once I've been judged by my panel, but of course you could come try it once it's done in around mid-late December (just in time for Christmas, woooo...Though on that note, I'm not good enough yet to work with fake fur or wool, so I can't make any Winter dresses, sorry..). 

Right now I'm doing http://annahousefashion.com/015-1152.jpg (with some changes to the fabric) and as far as I can tell, the website uses sweatshops to make the garments and, uhh, I'm sweatshop free! 8D;;;;

So, uhh, if any of you might be interested in this I can post some progress pictures of the muslin I'm working with right now in a couple weeks... If not though, could you perhaps direct me to a good place to "advertise?"
A good place to advertise would be the egl community on livejournal:
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/
But I'd be interested, too ;D I don't have the best measurements, though.

I want to make a lolita Mario outfit someday =,)
If it turns out well, that's good, but "cosplay lolita" is generally frowned upon.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 06:06:44 pm »
Frowned upon? Why :O

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 06:10:08 pm »
Yeah, and who's doing the frowning? :'O

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 06:19:36 pm »
One reason, I guess, is since Lolita is an actual fashion or lifestyle for some people,  when others wear it as a costume it feels kind of degrading. Or something like that oxo;

But themed Lolita outfits have worked out well in the past, so I don't see why not xD; Especially if it's just going to be at a con or something.

Edited for messed-up runon sentence x___x

And sorry I didn't make the meetup x-x; I'm sick... Hopefully next time...

You guys should have more! D:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:46:16 pm by Hazuza »

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 08:54:53 pm »
One reason, I guess, is since Lolita is an actual fashion or lifestyle for some people, and when others wear it as a costume, it feels kind of degrading. Or something like that oxo;

But themed Lolita outfits have worked out well in the past, so I don't see why not xD; Especially if it's just going to be at a con or something.

I agree Lolita is an actual style of fashion.

I know everything about the dresses but how do you pros coordinate your accessories with your outfits. What accessories are appropriate for lolita fashion? (for example top hats or bonnets, purses, umbrellas etc.)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2009, 05:22:52 pm »
Hazuza: I was me and a friend, and one other girl showed up. But it turned out that another girl actually did show up, but before we did, and she went out into the zoo before we got there. We ended up meeting up with her for a little while. She was at kcon actually; she was the super awesome Tira. We're planning another meet soon to go see Where the Wild Things Are, and I'll actually be on time this time XD I hope you're feeling better though. <3

meep: I usually go with simple accessories. Most of my jewelery is from Target or Forever 21, which surprised some people. For hair stuff, I usually do an updo, like pigtails, or the side ponytail in my avatar picture. Then I wear a little bow or something. I really like huge bonnets, but they're not super popular, since a lot of people think they're too costumey and over the top. For hats, mini top hats used to be really in, but they've fallen out of style. Same with headdresses. People started associating them with maxipads, and it went downhill from there XD But berets are popular; some Japanese brands have released some patterned ones that are really cute. Some elaborate Victorian hats look nice with gothic styles, but I mostly wear sweet, so I can't go into detail about them. Oh and there's a love-hate relationship on egl on lj with cake hats. Basically, mini cakes that are on a ribbon/headband that go on your head. I think they look cute, but some people, again, say they look costumey.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:09 pm »
Got it! Simple is best! Thanks =D

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2009, 04:06:46 pm »
Simple isn't always best. :B
When I dress up, I usually wear anything from leg warmers to huge bows, and tons of colors. C:

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2009, 06:16:06 pm »
Simple is best when you're starting out. As you start to get a feel for the style, you can start experimenting with things.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:01 pm »

I wanna be a client! xD Good luck on your Senior project =3 I bet it'll be loads of phunn~
I like goats.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:02 pm »
ONE DAY I WILL JOIN THE SWEET LOLITA COMMUNITY!!!

*cough* Uhmm.. yeah... So... Any tips on places to buy
reasonably priced petticoats that give you that full bell look?
how many do you use or what type? Do you use bloomers too?
And where do you purchase these? or do you make them? and
if you make them, where is a good place to find a pattern? I
have been wanting and wanting to finally get into SweLoli and
maybe even a little Elegant Gothic Lolita, but so far... my trips
to the fabric depot have ended in me confused, unsure and
worried that I'm never gonna figure out what I want.

I have dreams of looking like a 1950's house wife every day of
my life, but I also love the over all style of EGL and Sweet Lolita
and would like to start there and then tone it down to that classic
american mom look as I get older... does that make sense? I just
need to figure out from real loli's... where you get started, and
who to trust on bloomers and petticoats and... more specifically,
REAL corsets! I am in dire need of a real serious corset if I am
to really do loli right (chubby girl for the win!) but I hate all these
fake bedroom corsets and I want something that wont include
frills or ruffles so that it can be well hidden under my clothes...

any suggestions?

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline squiggle

• Oni
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »
Awesome to know! Thankxx buches of oats!

This year I'm trying to go as a chesire cat loilta
COSPLAYS FOR 2010
Toni Toni Chopper (one piece) 0%
Sanji (one piece) 5%
Rukia (Bleach) 25%

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 09:23:00 pm »
AllyKat: For Petticoats- a good place to start is Red Light in Hawthorne. Get a bunch of petticoats, and layer them; I've seen it done and the poof was amazing. Or you could get one from several places online; like In The Starlight or Candy Violet. Mine is from this Canadian webshop called "Lacy's" or something; and it is a bit iffy.
For Bloomers: You can commission these pretty easily on egl_comm_sales, or you can make your own. I made my own and I like them a lot. The pattern is pretty simple, but you have to make it yourself. I'll find you the link when I can.
I don't think you need a corset- they tend to look (I think) kind of funny with lolita. They can be done well with ero or sometimes gothic, but generally, they're not needed. You don't need to be thin to wear lolita, so don't worry about your body <3

squiggle: Do you have a picture of what you have in mind? Cheshire Cat Lolita is a concept that a lot of newbies to the style try to pick up, but a lot of the time, it ends up looking like a costume.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »
OKAY I'M RESURRECTING THIS.

So uhh... Hazu went to the last meetup I went to. It was fun. We went to Candyland.

I'm going to try to run a lolita fashion show/panel at Kcon this year.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »
I would like a link for a bloomers pattern if you have such a thing :O

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »
I'll need to search for it since I switched computers since that post and I lost my favorites.

Basically though I just cut out four pieces of fabric that are shaped like an L, sew them together at the sides, then put elastic in the waistband and legs. They're nothing fancy, and I don't even take measurements. But I'll definitely find you the tutorial.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/4904975.html
^is one~

I really should get to making a pair :I But I'm so lazy.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2010, 06:29:52 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/4904975.html
^is one~

I really should get to making a pair :I But I'm so lazy.
Oh yeah that's a good one. I have another one but I ended up modifying it because my bloomers turned out weird. So use that one.

So Hazu, you going to the Alice in Wonderland meet? You should because I'll be there :B
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:46 pm »
Has a date been settled?

I'm not sure... I want to see it, but I might end up busy. .3.; And I don't like buying tickets online or anything, It'd be nice if the meet was early (as in early enough to buy the tickets) and we waited around somewhere for it to start.

Haha, but if I go, there comes the other hassle of deciding what to wear *n*; I've been unintentionally making accessories to make a White Rabbit inspired costume, so I might make ears or something to complete that and go in boystyle :'D But it's weird how I haven't been to a lolita meetup in lolita yet.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »
i went as a lolita last year

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 09:48:02 pm »
Hazu: As far as I know, it's the the 7th. That's what the latest thread says, at least. And it's always cool to have boystyle! Your outfit last time was awesome. I might be going to see the movie at its midnight premiere, and if so I'm going to make a Queen of Hearts outfit that's super Rococo/lolita inspired. If you wear white rabbit, I'll be the queen ;D

Tanuki: Where?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:21 pm »
Kumoricon. i had a black, red, and white lolita dress with a cat eared hood

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 11:12:06 pm »
Do you have pictures?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 11:17:42 pm »
i dont actually think i have any... XD
i could put on my outfit someday soon and take some. it would look super cute with my new haircut.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:07 pm »
Okay. Are you okay with receiving concrit on your outfit? The goal of me making this thread is to help people along the path of being a really good lolita.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »
uh, sure! i didnt make it though, i bought it while i was in japan. i can give you a link to what the outfit looks like if you want.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »
Oh, where did you buy it?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:41 pm »
Body Line in Harujuku [i'm working on getting some pictures of the outfit from their website right now! :3 ]