Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 203545 times)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2010, 11:51:05 pm »
okay!
here's the dress

and here's the shoes

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2010, 11:59:54 pm »
Oh, Bodyline! Bodyline is pretty hit-and-miss with their outfits. A few years ago it was like a swear word amongst lolitas. People wouldn't be caught dead wearing it! But not long ago they started having nicer designs, although most of them are ripped off of brands like Baby the Stars Shine Bright and Innocent World. I have a pair of shoes and a bag from Bodyline and I love them.
The dress you have is cute, but not really the most lolita. It's a great punk outfit though!
I was going to order the shoes you have, but they were sold out in my size. I got these instead, in white:
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 12:02:06 am »
those shoes are really cute! i got the shoes that i did because they didnt have heels and SEEMED easy to walk in. XD

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 12:06:17 am »
@Tanu- I have the same shoes in white, and... You're right, it's impossible to walk in them X_x; Well, after a while, I got used to them, but it's still sort of awkward...
Really, whose idea was it to make the soles completely flat? Dx

And I saw someone pull off that dress pretty well before, actually. It looks a lot better on people (maybe just shorter people? *^*; ) than on the mannequin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:06:44 am by Hazuza »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 12:07:27 am »
Are they hard to walk in?
I'm pretty fail with heels, but the shoes I got have thick heels and are slightly platform, so they're pretty easy to walk in and they're comfortable.
EDIT: Oh haha the soles are flat XD The soles on mine are flat too, but they're heels so its less obvious. Although the best part is that the heel is like a centimeter shorter than the rest of the shoe. OH BODYLINE~

Have you heard of rocking horse shoes? I want to get a pair of those; I tried on a pair once and I'm so convinced I'll kill myself walking in them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:09:09 am by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 12:09:24 am »
I want some. ouo Simply because I'd have so much fun just... standing.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 12:10:22 am »
@Hazuza- yeah, the dress looks alot better on a person than that mannequin. and i happen to be a little on the short side so it works XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 12:11:33 am »
Hazu: I want a pair to baffle my friends and family. I tried on Renee's at the Candyland meet and they were pretty easy to walk in. SUPER tall though.

Tanuki: Were you at Mewcon? Because now that I think about it, I think I saw you in that dress.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2010, 12:12:39 am »
nope, never been to Mewcon

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2010, 12:13:47 am »
*runs to google to figure out what rocking horse shoes are* holy handbaskets! you could kill yourself in those!!! o.O

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2010, 12:16:41 am »
I know right? XD I already have bad balance but man I want rocking horse shoes... I tried walking in a pair and it was easy except, like the name, your foot totally rocked forward when you took a step. Once you have practice it's probably less weird.
I want my black lolita shoes to be rocking horse shoes.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:24 am »
i would probably just die instantly just trying to stand in them! i have terrible balance. xD

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2010, 03:59:50 pm »
OH! I want a pair of rocking horse shoes...though I doubt I could walk in them...

[slightly slow] wait, there's an AIW meetup?
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »
Tanuki: I actually tried to fall backwards in them, if that makes sense. The ones I tried on were the kind with the chunk missing from the back heel, and I tried leaning back far enough to fall but I couldn't do it.

I really want these version of RHS

Up until last night I thought they stopped making them, but I think these are replicas or something. But look how tall they are!

Haley: Yeah on the 7th at Bridgeport, we're going to see Alice in 3D. I was thinking maybe I'd go to both that and midnight with you and Rachel if you guys let me tag along.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:21:48 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2010, 10:22:54 pm »

Haley: Yeah on the 7th at Bridgeport, we're going to see Alice in 3D. I was thinking maybe I'd go to both that and midnight with you and Rachel if you guys let me tag along.

Could I go to that one, too? My mom said no to midnight premier cause it's a school night -sigh-

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2010, 11:23:02 pm »
yeah I was wondering about that >: But if you want tomorrow, I can help you put some more lolita elements into your outfit if you want to come to the meetup.
What would Rachel's costume be, btw?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2010, 09:27:46 am »
Cool, I'll bring my design and some pencils. I think she wanted to be the white rabbit. we should talk to her on monday.

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 01:27:40 pm »
Hey guys! ^^
So since you guys already have a lolita thread going on I just decided to pop in here xD

I currently am selling a gothic lolita dress if anyone is interested for $40 ^^ It's in almost perfect condition since I've only worn it once to try on and thats about it =D

If you guys are interested or want more info on it, please go to this link:
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=12541.msg561181#new

Thanks so much for your time haha ^^

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2010, 09:00:42 am »
Hey, do any of you know were I could get a gothic and (or) sweet lilita dress?
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:19 pm »
Ooh yes! ^^ There are many places that you can go to~
Personally, I like Bodyline because of the friendly prices ^^ The quality is pretty good also! =D
More expensive places are Angelic Pretty, Cosmates and a loooot more xD
But Bodyline is easy on ordering and shipping AND quality! ^^ There is a sale currently too~ =D

http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/

Happy shopping! ^^

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »
Body's stuff is sometimes iffy. Stay away from the "seperate" section for sure. Lately their dresses and skirts have been nice though, and they have some good shoes and bags. Anna House is also nice. I want to get a blouse and/or dress from there. The prices are in Hong Kong Dollars, not USD, so don't think a dress is $700 XD Their stuff is pretty affordable.

So I'm going to a lolita meetup on Sunday to go see Alice in Wonderland! Haley, Hazu, and Dana are going too. Forum invasion haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2010, 05:00:28 pm »
I'm starting to get into gothic lolita but I'm totally inexperienced in the makeup department.

Does anyone have any makeup tips for subtly enhancing a gothic lolita look?

Oh, also, my hair is quite short, does that automatically make me anti-lolita? And I was thinking about dying it, what colors are lolitalicious?

Sorry if my questions seem really dumb =,D

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2010, 06:10:49 pm »
Excellent questions!

For makeup, what's popular with gothic is heavy eye makeup, then light blush, and either light or dark lips. Aim for is a slightly mature but still cute look.
Here are some GLB scans of makeup, although most of them are out of date, and are from the late 90's or early 2000's.
However, the number one rule: DON'T DO WHITEFACE. And number 2 rule: DON'T DO BLACK LIPSTICK. Either of those will make you look like you're a Hot Topic kid trying to be GOFFIC RORI.

And for hair, pretty much anything goes as long as you keep it clean and nice. Same with color, although use your brain when coordinating with hair colors. Red hair doesn't always work with pink, for example.

A lot of newbies think "oh, this hair color is more lolita" or such things, but don't worry! Look at other lolitas on places like daily_lolita for inspiration, almost anything can be done well.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »
Thanks for the detailed response!

Heavy but not overdone eyes, light blush, light or dark lips. I got this ~

Hopefully soon I can get some makeup and experiment with it to see what works best for me.~

On my hair, I'm thinking I'll either go a light brown/caramelly color, or black, maybe with some cherry red streaks. Are color streaks a lolita no-no? I'm thinking that the colors that would most be in my lolita attire would be red, black and white, so at the very least I wouldn't have to worry about clashing with pink :D

AND THAT MUSIC NOTE DRESS ON THE LOLITA LJ IS AWESOMEEE~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2010, 06:43:09 pm »
Yeah, just experiment. Whatever looks good on you should look good in loli.

Pshaw, color streaks are fine. Do whatever you want!

And what dress? I want to see! D:
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:50 pm »
THIS ONEEE http://community.livejournal.com/daily_lolita/3127547.html#cutid1 ~

We should have a lolita tea party sometime, that sounds so fun and adorable :O

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:44 pm »
Oh, that's from Bodyline! Right around the time they started selling nicer things. They don't sell it anymore, as far as I know >:

I know there's going to be a lolita meet at Oaks Park on May 1st, but I may or may not be able to go because I'm going to prom that day.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2010, 07:30:39 pm »
I LOVE OAKS PARK ~

But that's too soon for me *3*

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2010, 05:14:26 pm »
WHY DID I NEVER RESPOND.

So I'm to revive this thread again, and tell you guys that International Lolita Day is June 5th! There are two Lolita Days a year, one in summer and one in winter.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »
Some girls on lj decided to make Internation Lolita Days, and it caught on.
It's mostly only known in the English-speaking communities.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2010, 06:05:52 pm »
I have a question. Ive been trying to get into Kodona/Oji/Dandy for quite some time but its proving near impossible for me to find good references or a style guide, not to mention stores online. Is this an okay place to ask for help on this? If not I understand, Im just not sure where else I can ask for help. Thank you in advance!
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:53 pm »
Okay, I see your problem. I feel bad because I don't know a whole lot about kodona or boystyle, but I know a good outfit when I see one.

The first time I met Hazuza, she was wearing an awesome boystyle outfit, so I'm hoping she'll see this and point you in the right direction >_>
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »
Haha, I just happen to have a lot of clothes like that *-*

My internet's freaking out right now, so this is all from my head and probably not too reliable. Take it as you will xD
A lot of stores that sell EGA, punk, and even lolita have some boystyle mixed in. Some good places to browse are Black Peace Now, Fan+Friend, Alice and the Pirates, and h.Naoto. I have a few pictures, but I don't know when I'll get to upload them :c

When you're doing boystyles, you need to be careful to differentiate it from just looking like a well-dressed guy. For example, you don't want to be wearing a suit, tie and slacks.

Top: Tailcoats are amazing. Try not to use a dress shirt, but instead a long-collared or ruffly blouse. A blouse alone can, but usually doesn't, look good, so find a vest or a good suit-like top. (If I had to describe those, I'd say they're sort of... angular? Boystyle tops usually have tails in the back and/or front, and a collar like a suit.)

Bottom: Awhellwhatarethosecalled. For kodona (young/boyish styles) Pants that are a little poofy and cut off under, or above the knee look good. I forget what they're called (knickers? lol idk) but they're based on a style of pants that boys wore that are mid-calf with a drawstring at the bottom rim, and when the boys got older they worked like shorts.  When you wear these, be sure to have socks that cover your whole exposed leg. Just like lolita, you don't show a lot of skin *n*!!
 I also see a lot of people wear patterned pants (plaid, for example) that use a pattern from somewhere else in the outfit. )Not sure how in style this still is, since they look like pajamas to me.( Aristocratic styles usually have long bell-bottom pants.
 Since the pants are usually pretty plain, you want to balance the outfit by wearing a top with long tails, or have accessories on the lower-body as well, like patches/patterns on the pants, chains, a "skirt" or buttflap, boots, buttons (not pins) or patterned socks (which I never think look good but w/e)

Accessories: Never wear a tie. I see it done, but it looks too modern... You could tie a tie the way you would a ribbon, which looks a lot more geared to the style. You should, however use a cravat/jabot (I forget which was which haaa), or a small ribbon, possibly with a necklace or crest over it. You pretty much always want something on your collar. Punk and gothic elements are often seen in boystyle, like chains, crosses, etc.  You can also wear a brooch, rings, etc.
Dressy gloves look neat, but avoid shiny ones ono
A hat completes the outfit. Just be careful not to use one too girly. Don't let it look too plain, though. Get a patterned hat or add accessories to it, like feathers, flowers, chains/pendants, etc. Accessories are usually silver, gold, black, or whatever the accent color in your outfit is. You don't want it too clashy and overpowering unless it's for a single piece (black/red doesn't look that great ._. Dark red, or a red plaid can.)

Shoes: Again, try not to wear something too girly. You want something square-ish and clunky instead of pointed or round. Boots can work, too. If you want height, use platforms. Heels can work, especially in aristocratic styles where the pants can hide the heel, but you want to go for wide heels, which can be harder to find. I personally like wearing creepers |3

Boystyle is mostly done in white, and in dark tones. However, I really want to make a "sweet" style outfit, soon as I can think of something ._.

And don't worry about following all of this. Since it isn't done as often, it's a lot less strict and more experimental. Just play around with that, using those as some general guidelines.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:40:40 am by Hazuza »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2010, 07:47:40 pm »
You're amazing, Hazu.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2010, 12:42:14 am »
@Hazuza: Thank you! Wow, that was extremely helpful. Thank you so much for typing all of that out, I really appreciate it.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2010, 01:38:43 am »
No prob. I have nothing better to do today, really. ._.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2010, 09:46:47 am »
Daw. You know, I forget about F+F a lot. I just checked, and they have some nice stuff, nowadays. They have this corset that I want ffffff. Also I kind of want a blouse from them.

Actually, I don't know if I want a blouse from them or Anna House... And I still need shoes from Qutieland.

EDIT: NO I WANT THIS HNNNNNG LOOK HOW AWESOME THAT IS~
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:48:46 am by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2010, 07:36:50 pm »
Daw. You know, I forget about F+F a lot. I just checked, and they have some nice stuff, nowadays. They have this corset that I want ffffff. Also I kind of want a blouse from them.

Actually, I don't know if I want a blouse from them or Anna House... And I still need shoes from Qutieland.

EDIT: NO I WANT THIS HNNNNNG LOOK HOW AWESOME THAT IS~

Well I'm an idiot. I looked at that and thought you wore it over your clothes xDD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2010, 07:42:08 pm »
OH U.

But man, wouldn't that really make any outfit super interesting? It totally gives the outfits an edgy Rococo vibe.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2010, 05:08:13 pm »
I'm planning a Goth Lolita dress this year. (It's actually based off a male character. XD)
But I have a little issue. While I'm fairly sure this is a lolita, I'm not sure. (Really, how lame am I?)

I mean, either way, I'm going to make it but I don't want to say "lolita" and be simply...wrong.

So, I made a few sketches and I was hoping someone could let me know if this is considered lolita and also how I could alter the design to make it better.

(And fair warning, these aren't to scale or proportional. Plus I made them on Photoshop. Sorry!)

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/XxAnimexGurlxX/LolitaEdward1.jpg
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/XxAnimexGurlxX/LolitaEdward2.jpg
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/XxAnimexGurlxX/LolitaEdward3.jpg
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:13:50 pm by ChibiGrace »
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2010, 05:52:29 pm »
Okay, I honestly see very little lolita in the outfit. You're trying to base it off of Edward, right?

Just looking up Edward's outfit, I have an idea in my mind of what you could do. There are two options that come to mind:
1. A rococo-themed outfit, with a dress similar to this. The over-part, which is green in the picture, could be his red coat. The under part could be black, and you could use nice white lace as an accent.
2. A more traditional outfit. A black skirt, a black blouse, with the red coat over it. It could either be a cloak-type thing, like he wears, or a more structured blazer.

If you don't like my ideas, here is what I think could be improved about your idea:
-Front lacing is a bad idea. It rarely looks good, even when "official" Japanese brands use it.
-The skirt looks really short. I know you said it's not to scale, but still. Skirts need to be around knee length, give or take an inch.
-The red ruffly part makes it look like something from Hot Topic. If you need a red accent, try a simple red ruffle along the bottom of the skirt.
-Thin straps are generally a no-no. It just looks cheap.
-Please wear a blouse! The neckline of the dress would be fine over a blouse, but just plain, it'll show too much chest and look bad.

Hope that helps!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »
katie, you should help me with a lolitaish cosplay i wanted to do last year!!!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2010, 06:25:10 pm »
Lol okay, what is it?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »
well at one point in time, i wanted to do lolita roxas lol  if i could do it well, and i mean REALLY WELL, I would.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2010, 06:33:27 pm »
Ahaha oh god XD Haley you'd be attacked by smelly whales.

"CAN I HAVE A HUG?"
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »
And I've seen some REALLY BAD "lol rorita" Roxas costumes.

Don't do it, Haley! ;-;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »
yeah, thats the thing holding me back >_> stupid fangirls

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2010, 07:12:05 pm »
We'll pick out a better thing to do a lolita version of...
Did you mention you wanted to do Miku lolita or something?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2010, 07:35:49 pm »
nope...but maybe I could make death the girl lolita...

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »
...Okay XD
At the lolita dinner at Sak, one of the girls' boyfriend was dressed as Speed Racer and I mentioned that I had wanted to do a Speed Racer lolita outfit, and I already had all the pieces pretty much done. The girls were all into it, and we were like "oh let's do a group of lolita cosplay!"

It was funny.
And I'm not giving up Speed Racer loli!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter