Do you have a plushie that’s been begging for a chance to appear on stage? A teddy bear ready to emote as Ichigo from Bleach, or perhaps My Shinigami Pony? Give it the opportunity to strut! It’s a cheesy cosplay presentation just for them!
Make an outfit for the plushie. Provide documentation if you think it would help. We will have sound (a boombox) for CDs and a “followspot” flashlight. If you forget to bring music, you may sing or the audience may provide random sound effects at their whim.
There will not be tech rehearsal. If you have a group, contact the director and we’ll think of something. Stage size will be whatever table we can confiscate in the room we get.
- Stuffed animal must be dressed; no costume is no costume.
- Presenter must be inconspicuous (in Japan puppeteers wear all black—Ninja costume time!!)
- Time limit – 45 seconds; no stage hogging!
Kumoricon is a family friendly event. Content should not go beyond PG-13.
- No profanity.
- No excessive violence.
- No sexual activity or contact – real or implied.
- No nudity.
- All sexual jokes must have a non-sexual interpretation that is at least as obvious as the sexual one, especially to someone who hasn’t seen the anime or game being referenced.
- No yaoi, yuri, or hentai.
- All content is subject to review by the Plushie Kerade Manager.
Further rules TBA as they occur to us.