Author Topic: I got my PSP  (Read 16466 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: I got my PSP
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2008, 11:33:37 am »
I'm sure I could :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:22 am »
PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.
Except to, you know, stimulate the failing economy and encourage gaming retail, which improves the global quality of games being produced and builds a gaming subculture willing to shell out in the name of quality.

Otherwise, no need at all.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:07 pm »
Ooooh, Crisis Core. Good lord I love that game. I'm level 60 and currently in a constant stalemate battle with the '1000 ShinRa Infantrymen' mission. I have a mastered Quake, though, and that certainly helps once I hit a 444 on the DMW.

I'm pretty sure my sewing machine hates me for playing that game, though. It really disagrees with the vinyl I'm using to make my SOLDIER armor and belt.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2009, 04:16:57 pm »
PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.
Except to, you know, stimulate the failing economy and encourage gaming retail, which improves the global quality of games being produced and builds a gaming subculture willing to shell out in the name of quality.

Otherwise, no need at all.
Well, yes, there's the economic standpoint, but for every game like Braid or World of Goo, there's four or five games like Final Fantasy N, or Madden 20XX. Originality isn't much of a concern when looking at the economy.

(I originally pirated World of Goo and loved it so much that I actually purchased five copies of it online at their store and wrote the developers a hand-written and posted note. I'm a pirate of the mediocre, and grateful for the wonderful.)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2009, 04:22:04 pm »
Ooooh, Crisis Core. Good lord I love that game. I'm level 60 and currently in a constant stalemate battle with the '1000 ShinRa Infantrymen' mission. I have a mastered Quake, though, and that certainly helps once I hit a 444 on the DMW.

I'm pretty sure my sewing machine hates me for playing that game, though. It really disagrees with the vinyl I'm using to make my SOLDIER armor and belt.
I beat that one and I am at level 44 >_> now 48.

I loved it but it took soooooo freaking long >_<

I think the main reason I did so good was because I have an atk ++ that gives me +30 or so attack points :P
Other than that I healed between each set. I also got the DMW lots. I have the two materia that increase two of the limit breaks ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:18 pm »

I beat that one and I am at level 44 >_> now 48.

I loved it but it took soooooo freaking long >_<

I think the main reason I did so good was because I have an atk ++ that gives me +30 or so attack points :P
Other than that I healed between each set. I also got the DMW lots. I have the two materia that increase two of the limit breaks ;D

it's been a while since i've done that mission, but i think i remember using tri-thundaga, which helped hit multiple enemies at once. and lots of physical attacks, cause i also had the attack ++ materia equipped. always good to experiment with new magics and such to see which will hit the hardest and help best in different situations, which is another great thing about final fantasy games; they tend to make you use different tactics for different enemies, therefore keeping battles interesting and challenging ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2009, 06:03:13 pm »
Well, yes, there's the economic standpoint, but for every game like Braid or World of Goo, there's four or five games like Final Fantasy N, or Madden 20XX. Originality isn't much of a concern when looking at the economy.

(I originally pirated World of Goo and loved it so much that I actually purchased five copies of it online at their store and wrote the developers a hand-written and posted note. I'm a pirate of the mediocre, and grateful for the wonderful.)

This still hurts the developers because they cannot recoup as much money on the "mediocre" games, and major hits need to subsidize more games. It discourages variety and risk-taking. David Williams from ADV was talking about the same phenomenon in the anime world. People would pirate many shows but only buy the big favorites ("A titles" as he called them), but this made it very hard to license anything that was not predicted to be a big seller ("B titles" and "C titles" as he called them).

[EDIT: Fixed spelling of David Williams]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:16:45 pm by JeffT »
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2009, 07:11:10 pm »
Heck yeah jeff, I don't want to go back to the days where we almost got nothing compared to japan.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2009, 04:09:17 pm »
'Kay. So I got a new PSP today, but found out it's running 3.80. I'm hoping that someone out there has a broken PSP so that I can break mine too, and put all my music stuff back on. You know, midi and psf players and the like. Having a PSP as strictly a gaming console really does suck...

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2009, 04:15:44 pm »
Sorry, I havent been able to sucessfully break a 3.80 and I wouldnt want to kill yours. Good luck though!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2009, 04:23:37 pm »
Sorry, I havent been able to sucessfully break a 3.80 and I wouldnt want to kill yours. Good luck though!
Don't need anyone to do it for me; just need another broken PSP. ^_^