Author Topic: I got my PSP  (Read 16447 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I got my PSP
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:00:17 pm »
But because I was driving my parents insane (from being bored) they let me have my psp early and I have been playing Crisis Core for the past few hours ;D

Now I need to buy Dark Knight for it XD
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:00:40 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: I got my PSP
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »
... Why a new topic? o.o

Oh, nice. :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:01:53 pm by Cassiopeia »
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »
Sorry I was trying to post in the one Patrick started and the internet decided to hate me and made a new topic because I couldn't post 15 seconds after my last one >_<

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »
I see. xD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:28:11 pm »
Cool, hope you dig Crisis Core. I've been playing through that again recently (though it does lose some of its draw on the third time through, lol. You can only have so much fun killing everything with one hit.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 06:24:14 pm »
I love it. I have done a lot of missions and every time I finish one a new one comes up >_<

I am about to visit Genesis's home so I am right at the beginning but I am at level 11 ^_^

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:36:41 pm »
Ahhh man. That game. I quit playing early on, but I can't remember why. I should start again.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
I love it. I am having a lot of fun. Does anyone have any tips. Things that are really important to know?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »
Eh. For the PSP? Or the game? :O Either way, the internet is a powerful thing. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 07:13:46 pm »
For the game. ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
tips for the game, there are certain things that occur in chapters that you have to do in order to get items for later. there should be online guides, or the strategy guide book. i've got the book, and it's super helpful on all the stuff you have to do to get certain items and such. also, it helps with getting all the dmw things, i'd suggest looking some of that up, if you're interested ^.^ enjoy the game, it's a great one!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 07:31:42 pm »
I want to get the guide. If I have a chance I'll get it. We have movies due Monday and there is a Game Crazy there so I should be able to get it there ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »
Yeah, I second the "things which result in later things" statement. If I could sum up the basic approach one should take in exploring the game, I would say never feel like you're over-examining something. In any given moment, talk to everyone around you at least twice, and examine objects at least three times. (Specific hint: The first time you're in the "locker room" learning about the "munitions pods" or whatever they are called, check Zack's pod repeatedly and you will get a Cursed Ring. Of course, you're past that point, but still, future reference!)

Yeah, over-analyze everything, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 09:46:24 pm »
PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
I am just about to meet Aeris ^_^

My friend told me that you meet her the same way you do with Cloud ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 11:15:20 pm »
Yeah, it's very cute, heh. And the backstory is just brilliantly established and explored, I think.

PSPs are easily broken into, and there isn't really a need to buy anything for it, ever.

Ah, ever the cynic...don't kill our joy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 09:02:34 am »
what kind did you get? my younger brother still gots to wait till christmas for his we got him the silver ratchet and clank ed
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 10:31:57 am »
I got the silver Daxter one with family guy ;D

I wanted the God of War one that they had at Fred Meyer but it didn't come with a memory card >_>

I know Tanis is always ruining everyones fun >_>

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
Oh don't listen to Tanis.

I have a regular black one that's refurbished. I got it for 100$, and it works just fine! I have Chains of Olympus, Crisis Core, and something else for it.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 01:38:20 pm »
I got that Daxter version too. Though I gave the Daxter game away cause I don't play it, lol. But yay for Family Guy! That's entertained me many times on road trips.

And I totally wish the Crisis Core edition PSP would come out over here, but alas...That's amazing that the God of War PSP is actually in stores though. I've not seen that anywhere.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »
Yeah I wish that they had the Crisis Core one too =/

I have also been wondering, when the hell do you meet Cloud? Its starting to annoy me >_<

The God of War on was at Fred Meyer.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »
Ah, it's actually quite a ways through the game. The game sets up FFVII and tells the backstory, but really it is Zack's story, so Cloud doesn't show up til much later.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 06:46:59 pm »
I know it is his story but Cloud is the only person I am missing on my DMW >_<

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 07:08:26 pm »
And I totally wish the Crisis Core edition PSP would come out over here, but alas...That's amazing that the God of War PSP is actually in stores though. I've not seen that anywhere.

ooo if it did i would need that for the gackt relvence alone
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:49:53 pm »
I MEET CLOUD ^_^

it made me happy ;D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:05 pm »
...I think...I should steal my brother's PSP and find a copy of Crisis Core.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 10:52:25 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:25 pm »
I love the game. It's a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone who likes rpgs

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 11:17:13 pm »
I got the silver Daxter one with family guy ;D

I wanted the God of War one that they had at Fred Meyer but it didn't come with a memory card >_>

I know Tanis is always ruining everyones fun >_>
Now who said I was ruining any fun whatsoever?

Go google "psp custom firmware". This is not ruining fun; if anything, it's getting more fun for free.

Offline YouDontKnowMe

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 12:36:29 am »
Congratulations.
09 cosplays

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 01:39:53 am »
I love the game. It's a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone who likes rpgs
....Ok, I've made up my mind. I will freaking buy this game. >3> Once I get moniez.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 01:45:40 am »
Honestly, Crisis Core wasn't really that great. Square tried to make an awesome battle system, but what happened was how they over-powered the basic attack, and the game turned into an X-mashing contest. Decent story, though. Tied imagery and themes together.

Now if you wanna see a fun RPG, go have a look at Jeanne D'Arc. Beautiful story, fast-moving tactics engine, and a well-polished feel really make the game shine.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:28 am »
Jeanne D'Arc, hm? I'll make sure to look at that before I buy Crisis Core.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 05:06:25 am »
Honestly, Crisis Core wasn't really that great. Square tried to make an awesome battle system, but what happened was how they over-powered the basic attack, and the game turned into an X-mashing contest. Decent story, though. Tied imagery and themes together.

Now if you wanna see a fun RPG, go have a look at Jeanne D'Arc. Beautiful story, fast-moving tactics engine, and a well-polished feel really make the game shine.

i would disagree, i thought crisis core was an amazing game. i love the dmw and battle system, plus the materia fusion and all that. missions are fun too. and, the story was amazing. it's a great game, especially if you're a final fantasy fan... or final fantasy freak like me, lol.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

This is what I meant about you finding something bad about everything people like. Please don't comment here if you are only going to bash everything we bring up. One more comment like that and I will be reporting you to an admin. I really don't want to hear this negative commenting.

On a plus note I love battle system. I am a person who usually only uses basic attacks so it works out for me. I just wish there was a way you could skip the graphics during the limit breaks like you can with the GF's.

And last night was the first time I died and got a game over. I also discovered something. Phoenix downs are my friend ;D 

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 11:10:02 am »
It's not negative commenting; I'm just saying that I didn't really like the game. In fact, I made a positive comment where I recommended a game you might like more. I didn't insult anyone and I didn't make anyone feel bad. And I don't always find something bad about everything people like.

I bet you didn't google "psp custom firmware".

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »
Ok well they before you said that it wasn't that great you should have added an I think or in my opinion, to show others that it is your opinion. But the fact is that you are giving this negative commenting other places to, not just hear. I really don't care if they are facts or whatever but if someone is enjoying something it is flat out rude to tell them that what they are enjoying they shouldn't be enjoying. You have done this with the PSP, Crisis Core and Mew Con. I understand that these may be facts and or opinions but I don't really want to hear it.

I mean you wouldn't like me saying that gays are dumb and shouldn't exist and I don't want to hear you pointing out all the negative about things I like, I already know what they are. That's also the same reason you don't point out everything wrong with someone elses costume without permission, because it is RUDE!

and by the way I really don't feel that way about gays ^_^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:38:07 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 12:44:33 pm »
Never did it with the PSP; I said that buying games for the PSP is unnecessary, as they can be easily found for free. The operative word in that sentence is "buying", not "games".

But hey, I'm cool with you not liking me because I'm gay. I'll still be here whether you like it or not.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 12:49:14 pm »
Tanis, stop being confrontational. You have a history of doing this everywhere and nobody likes it, so just knock off the baby tactics, really.

Nuff said.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 12:51:37 pm »
Tanis, stop being confrontational. You have a history of doing this everywhere and nobody likes it, so just knock off the baby tactics, really.

Nuff said.
I think modding silently and posting no more would be in my best interest, then.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 12:54:35 pm »
Tanis, she just stated that she DIDN'T feel that way about gays. She's friends with a few of gay people. She was stating an expample, not a fact. I think the way you word things is what makes you seem so negetive. You come off as rude and snobby in your posts, and most people don't like that. It doesn't help that you're playing know-it-all, either. So you don't have to buy games for your PSP, okay, cool. But why do we care about that? It has nothing to do with the topic. You make negetive comments on topics that people are excited for. Just because you aren't happy, excited, or didn't like something doesn't mean you need to bring others down who're excited or are enjoying something.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 12:54:49 pm »
I'm actually on Tanis' side for this one. Saying "IMO" when having a discussion is oftencompletely unnecessary as discussion usually consists of sharing one's views. He didn't force anyone to think that way, it is just his truth. Just tell him why you don't think that and agree to disagree.

I can see how Tanis can be offensive sometimes but this time is just dumb. So lay off, everyone. xD

oslapedo

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 12:57:26 pm »
So lay off, everyone. xD

QFT~

I say let the squabbling cease v-v

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 12:57:46 pm »

this is the quote saying that PSP are easily broken into stating a flaw. And normally I would let this go but when it happened three times within one day it is very annoying. And he is always doing stuff like this and I am getting tired of it. I don't want that kind of negative energy around me and whenever I read something about someone being negative it puts me in a bad mood as well as others.

As you can see by the topic this is supposed to be a happy thread about something I have always wanted and he comes along and points out all the horrible things about it. IT IS RUDE! and I don't want him doing stuff like that to others.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:58:50 pm by nikkiolie »

oslapedo

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »
Like I said in my PM to you (that I assume you're ignoring) you should have settled your annoyances via PMs, or some other form of private conversation.

Publicly ganging up on someone for petty reasons like that is beyond ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:01:40 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:26 pm »
I think at this point it needs to be drawn to attention. There's only so much you can take to PM's, but when multiple people have a problem with someone for the same reason, it can't really be settled through them.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 01:08:37 pm »

this is the quote saying that PSP are easily broken into stating a flaw. And normally I would let this go but when it happened three times within one day it is very annoying. And he is always doing stuff like this and I am getting tired of it. I don't want that kind of negative energy around me and whenever I read something about someone being negative it puts me in a bad mood as well as others.

As you can see by the topic this is supposed to be a happy thread about something I have always wanted and he comes along and points out all the horrible things about it. IT IS RUDE! and I don't want him doing stuff like that to others.
Who said it was a flaw? I think it's a feature. Free stuff.

Now this is you twisting my words and pigeonholing me into being the bad guy. If you want me to shut up and not post anymore, so be it. I won't post anymore. I'll still moderate, but I won't post. It's entirely up to you, Sayda, and Teasel.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:17 pm »
@ Nikki: So go away and do something else for a while to calm down and forget about it. It's really not that big of a deal and getting angry about something like this just wastes time and good feelings. Don't take it all so personally. Or, take it personally, whatever, but don't make such a big deal of it. It's not going to stop Tanis. So learn how to be resilient, or be defeated and waste your life doing things you don't want. There's no place for this on the forums. Really. =.=

oslapedo

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 01:11:20 pm »
I don't think because several individuals have a problem with someone that should determine that person's fate.

Just because a few people are complaining over foolhardy things doesn't mean you shouldn't post anymore Tanis, there are plenty of other people that would hate to see you lauded into submission v-v

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 01:12:18 pm »
Er, "laud" is a happy word: "He was lauded for his recent scientific discovery."

Think what you're going for is "beaten".

oslapedo

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:31 pm »
But what if they're happily forcing you into seclusion? XD

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 01:15:06 pm »
They're not doing it happily. They're doing it sternly, if not angrily.

oslapedo

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 01:19:19 pm »
Ah, I see. :D

Thanks Tanis, without you my words wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
Like I said in my PM to you (that I assume you're ignoring) you should have settled your annoyances via PMs, or some other form of private conversation.

Publicly ganging up on someone for petty reasons like that is beyond ridiculous.

Sorry I didn't even know I got one. It's not like it is really obvious plus I did just leave the house to get some food so I wasn't even here to get it.

I have calmed down quite a bit and am a little over it I just wish that he would think a little before speaking. As for what you said about the PSP being easily broken into yes I am sorry I took that the wrong way. Breaking into things has always been a bad thing in my mind so I thought you were talking about others easily getting it and being able to use it. So yeah that was me not fully understanding what you were saying.

The last thing that I would want to point out, because this thread is causing so much issue it either needs to get back on track or be locked. Either way is fine with me.

oslapedo

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:07 pm »
*coughs*

So, how's that PSP going for ya? : D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
Thanks. I love it so much. I have been playing it non-stop and I have almost beating the game ^_^

As of no I have no money and not much else to do so all I have is Crisis Core. I'm sure I'll look into some other games once I get my next pay check.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
Free.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 02:19:39 pm »
Anyway, Jeanne D'Arc.

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=jeanne+d%27arc+psp&btnG=Search+Images

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/jeannedarc/index.html

the fighting style looks very similar to Fire Emblem games.

It is, but the game is played significantly faster; the player can't stall at the entrance or anywhere and has to charge through. Only a certain number of turns to win and every last person counterattacks. The game moves blindingly fast compared to the slow calculatory pace of Final Fantasy Tactics.

But that's exactly why I like it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »
I see. Well I am an impulsive kind of person and I am alright at Fire Emblem (its a lot of strategy) so I'm sure I would be good at this one ;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 02:24:02 pm »
Told you that you'd like it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 02:26:08 pm »
I really like the fighting system in crisis core because it is very similar to the fighting style in Kingdom hears. I have played both of them and are very good at it. That might be why I am not that great at Fire Emblem, because I have never played a game with a fighting style quite like that >_>

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 02:28:27 pm »
Kingdom Hearts is a bit better balanced, because as you go through the game, your main attack doesn't increase in power quite nearly as fast as everything else, forcing the player to rely on other moves and effects and allies.

This is what Crisis Core didn't have, other allies or support spells or anything like that, basically emphasizing the main attack.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 02:34:23 pm »
Yeah that is true but I am glad my attack is going up so fast because a lot of the enemies I can't beat x.x

There is one mission I have tried several times and still can't beat. I like the DMW though, that is very very original. Which reminds me I need to look up something about that >_>

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:33 pm »
The DMW is just a shiny front. The game is still an experience-for-level sort of deal, just like everything that came before. But in Crisis Core, the experience values aren't shown, and the DMW hits a 7-7-7 every time the experience meets the level cap.

As far as random abilities, the option to turn off limit breaks in the menu would be cool; my base attack is stronger than the best limit break I can do, so it's a waste of time and I want to turn it off.

Aside from those two points, though, the DMW is alright.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2008, 11:58:49 pm »
I really like the limit breaks. Especially Aerith's *drool* I mean what is better than getting fully healed and going invincible?

But I am moving on to the last chapter. It is a very short game, though I have been almost playing it straight for the bast three days >_> 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:59:11 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2008, 12:17:21 am »
I really like the limit breaks. Especially Aerith's *drool* I mean what is better than getting fully healed and going invincible?

Getting healed and invincible without a 20-second cutscene?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:15 am »
It's about five seconds. The limit breaks really don't take that long, 5-10 is not that bad.

And yeah, the main game is pretty short, but with all the extra missions it is at least twice as long.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:57 am »
guess i'm just easily pleased cause pretty much everything about the game amazes me and i have very little to nothing bad to say about it, lol ^.^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 09:22:07 am »
I like everything about it too. I have already seen the ending before and it made me cry and it's going to make me bawl now. Seeing how Zack is doing everything Angeal did >_>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2008, 09:37:40 am »
Do you mean how Zack was a mentor to Cloud the way Angeal was to Zack? Yeah, that's a really nice development. Great character maturing and emotional tie-in.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:04 am »
Yeah it was. I really like the store thus far. I'm going to try to get as much done as possible before I go to work so all I have left is the boss fight ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »
...and the twenty-minute tearjerker ending, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
Yeah. I have to fight Genesis then go on to that ;D

I'll finish it tonight then move on to Star Ocean.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2008, 07:45:47 pm »
Star Ocean, for PSP? If so, I need to remember to scope that out.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:09 pm »
If you know how it ends, does that mean you have PSP ESP?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2008, 08:59:30 pm »
Yes. Yes it does.

And we will market it on Gamestop.com in a bundle pack with the Gameboy Advance Gamer-Light Attachment. Nobody will understand, but everyone will want it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
If you know how it ends, does that mean you have PSP ESP?

Also knowing that I have played FF7 and have seen Advent Children and Zack isn't around in those games/movie because he died right before ff7 took place >_>

but I did watch the ending already on youtube. I already knew what was happening and I wanted to see if they would do a good job on it.....and I must say they did a good job on it ^_^

Star Ocean, for PSP? If so, I need to remember to scope that out.
I'll try it out tomorrow. I love the one for the PS2 because Albel is in it ;D

and the battle system is good and even the story is good for a little while until they changed it drastically. Its like they ran out of ideas so they just threw one in there.....still good though ;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2008, 12:30:02 am »
The Star Ocean for the PSP is actually the first game in the series, originally made for the Super Nintendo back in 1996, released as Japanese only. It was later remade for the PSP.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2008, 11:15:20 am »
Well they are making the second one (it's supposed to come out in January) Maybe they'll make the third one too ^_^

I beat Crisis Core today. It was hard watching the DMW stop spinning ;_;

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2008, 11:57:53 am »
Yeeeah....they put so much emotion into that final scene. It's painful.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2008, 03:11:21 pm »
Well they are making the second one (it's supposed to come out in January) Maybe they'll make the third one too ^_^

I beat Crisis Core today. It was hard watching the DMW stop spinning ;_;
Wait a sec. The Second Story for PSX won't be remade. And Till The End Of Time is too new for a remake; it's PS2. I think all the remaking for Star Ocean is already done.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2008, 05:15:25 pm »
no there is one coming out in January. I already looked, it up it has Claude in it http://psp.gamezone.com/gzreviews/p32550.htm

I think it is coming out on the 20th.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:15:58 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2008, 05:55:29 pm »
Oh, my bad. I saw that in PlayStation Magazine shortly before you posted. But still, more of a port. They didn't really tune up the graphics or the translation.

But yeah, Second Story was a damn fine game that I'm gonna play again. Can't justify spending--

Oh, wait, PSP. That's right.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2008, 06:00:27 pm »
I haven't played any of them but three and I really enjoyed three....the story was a little weird towards the end but still good

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »
So my dad surprised me this morning with crisis core. I hijacked my brother's psp, and just started playing it. ..yeah, this is the first game I've played in a while and the first for any playstation systems. So far, on the first thing in Wutai to impress the guy and all.

First time playing a final fantasy title...I love it.  ..o.o it's addicting. I'm not too shabby at the controls either.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:32:15 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2008, 05:44:37 pm »
So my dad surprised me this morning with crisis core. I hijacked my brother's psp, and just started playing it. ..yeah, this is the first game I've played in a while and the first for any playstation systems. So far, on the first thing in Wutai to impress the guy and all.

First time playing a final fantasy title...I love it.  ..o.o it's addicting. I'm not too shabby at the controls either.

Yeah I started playing it over today. After you beat it you can restart the game but keep all your levels and equipment. So it is really easy even though I am on Hard mode. I stopped playing right before I went on that mission because I had to go to work. I may start playing now :P

As for the controls I love the dodge roll, it was my favorite thing in KH and they took it out in the second one (at least you couldn't do it when ever you wanted) >_<
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:45:22 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2008, 05:49:20 pm »
Well, I was a little worried about handling to ps controls, but they caught on easily. ....I freaking hate fighting Genisis...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:51 pm »
you already fought him? O.o

The end bosses were really easy for me :P

Get up to a high enough level and everything was easy. It was funny because towards the end I was reading the guide and as I read it made it seem like those fights were going to be really hard but they weren't. I was about level 44 when I faced the last bosses.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
XD no, I'm not that good. 8D .... yeah. I'm just now heading to mako reactor 5. It was the genesis clone with the one wing and then cissnei or whatever went into this speech. High level? Gah. XD I'm only nine so far.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:38 pm »
I see. Take some time to do some missions. I only did the ones that were easy or normal for a while then slowly moved up to hard. But by the time you do all the normal and easy ones the hard ones will be normal too :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2008, 06:22:41 pm »
Yeah, doing missions is a great way to get ahead of the game fast, literally. Get caught up on all the missions the game will currently offer you and you'll be in great shape. That's what I do anyway, even now when I really can't level up any more. I try to make missions priority number one because the story and plot events will wait for you, but missions need to be taken care of as soon as possible in order to make sure you're not missing anything.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2008, 06:34:47 pm »
Yeah I enjoy the missions. Right now all of them should be easy :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »
Except Minerva. That devil woman will never be anything but sadistically difficult.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2008, 06:55:23 pm »
I didn't get to her >_> :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2008, 07:20:56 pm »
She is the very last mission you have to do, the goddess, the 1% keeping you from 100% completion, and she has 100,000,000 or 10,000,000,000 HP. Yeah, she's a beezy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:21:20 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2008, 07:41:49 pm »
I know about her. Ok hard is getting hard. It takes a lot of hits to take some of them down x.x

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
Are you trying things out with materia fusion yet? That can be a huge help for getting your ATK up, if you have some power items like Chocobo Feathers (boost HP) or something to that effect.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2008, 12:17:05 am »
I haven't messed around with it too much but I have an ATK up ++ that raises my attack 30 points ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2008, 10:47:14 am »
That's a good start. It's when you start combining things like that with other mastered atk++ materias and adding in the atk booster items that you get some really helpful materia.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2008, 11:33:37 am »
I'm sure I could :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:22 am »
Except to, you know, stimulate the failing economy and encourage gaming retail, which improves the global quality of games being produced and builds a gaming subculture willing to shell out in the name of quality.

Otherwise, no need at all.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:07 pm »
Ooooh, Crisis Core. Good lord I love that game. I'm level 60 and currently in a constant stalemate battle with the '1000 ShinRa Infantrymen' mission. I have a mastered Quake, though, and that certainly helps once I hit a 444 on the DMW.

I'm pretty sure my sewing machine hates me for playing that game, though. It really disagrees with the vinyl I'm using to make my SOLDIER armor and belt.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2009, 04:16:57 pm »
Except to, you know, stimulate the failing economy and encourage gaming retail, which improves the global quality of games being produced and builds a gaming subculture willing to shell out in the name of quality.

Otherwise, no need at all.
Well, yes, there's the economic standpoint, but for every game like Braid or World of Goo, there's four or five games like Final Fantasy N, or Madden 20XX. Originality isn't much of a concern when looking at the economy.

(I originally pirated World of Goo and loved it so much that I actually purchased five copies of it online at their store and wrote the developers a hand-written and posted note. I'm a pirate of the mediocre, and grateful for the wonderful.)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2009, 04:22:04 pm »
Ooooh, Crisis Core. Good lord I love that game. I'm level 60 and currently in a constant stalemate battle with the '1000 ShinRa Infantrymen' mission. I have a mastered Quake, though, and that certainly helps once I hit a 444 on the DMW.

I'm pretty sure my sewing machine hates me for playing that game, though. It really disagrees with the vinyl I'm using to make my SOLDIER armor and belt.
I beat that one and I am at level 44 >_> now 48.

I loved it but it took soooooo freaking long >_<

I think the main reason I did so good was because I have an atk ++ that gives me +30 or so attack points :P
Other than that I healed between each set. I also got the DMW lots. I have the two materia that increase two of the limit breaks ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:18 pm »

I beat that one and I am at level 44 >_> now 48.

I loved it but it took soooooo freaking long >_<

I think the main reason I did so good was because I have an atk ++ that gives me +30 or so attack points :P
Other than that I healed between each set. I also got the DMW lots. I have the two materia that increase two of the limit breaks ;D

it's been a while since i've done that mission, but i think i remember using tri-thundaga, which helped hit multiple enemies at once. and lots of physical attacks, cause i also had the attack ++ materia equipped. always good to experiment with new magics and such to see which will hit the hardest and help best in different situations, which is another great thing about final fantasy games; they tend to make you use different tactics for different enemies, therefore keeping battles interesting and challenging ^.^

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2009, 06:03:13 pm »
Well, yes, there's the economic standpoint, but for every game like Braid or World of Goo, there's four or five games like Final Fantasy N, or Madden 20XX. Originality isn't much of a concern when looking at the economy.

(I originally pirated World of Goo and loved it so much that I actually purchased five copies of it online at their store and wrote the developers a hand-written and posted note. I'm a pirate of the mediocre, and grateful for the wonderful.)

This still hurts the developers because they cannot recoup as much money on the "mediocre" games, and major hits need to subsidize more games. It discourages variety and risk-taking. David Williams from ADV was talking about the same phenomenon in the anime world. People would pirate many shows but only buy the big favorites ("A titles" as he called them), but this made it very hard to license anything that was not predicted to be a big seller ("B titles" and "C titles" as he called them).

[EDIT: Fixed spelling of David Williams]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:16:45 pm by JeffT »
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2009, 07:11:10 pm »
Heck yeah jeff, I don't want to go back to the days where we almost got nothing compared to japan.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2009, 04:09:17 pm »
'Kay. So I got a new PSP today, but found out it's running 3.80. I'm hoping that someone out there has a broken PSP so that I can break mine too, and put all my music stuff back on. You know, midi and psf players and the like. Having a PSP as strictly a gaming console really does suck...

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2009, 04:15:44 pm »
Sorry, I havent been able to sucessfully break a 3.80 and I wouldnt want to kill yours. Good luck though!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2009, 04:23:37 pm »
Sorry, I havent been able to sucessfully break a 3.80 and I wouldnt want to kill yours. Good luck though!
Don't need anyone to do it for me; just need another broken PSP. ^_^