Author Topic: I got my PSP  (Read 16450 times)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: I got my PSP
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 01:15:06 pm »
They're not doing it happily. They're doing it sternly, if not angrily.

oslapedo

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 01:19:19 pm »
Ah, I see. :D

Thanks Tanis, without you my words wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
Like I said in my PM to you (that I assume you're ignoring) you should have settled your annoyances via PMs, or some other form of private conversation.

Publicly ganging up on someone for petty reasons like that is beyond ridiculous.

Sorry I didn't even know I got one. It's not like it is really obvious plus I did just leave the house to get some food so I wasn't even here to get it.

I have calmed down quite a bit and am a little over it I just wish that he would think a little before speaking. As for what you said about the PSP being easily broken into yes I am sorry I took that the wrong way. Breaking into things has always been a bad thing in my mind so I thought you were talking about others easily getting it and being able to use it. So yeah that was me not fully understanding what you were saying.

The last thing that I would want to point out, because this thread is causing so much issue it either needs to get back on track or be locked. Either way is fine with me.

oslapedo

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:07 pm »
*coughs*

So, how's that PSP going for ya? : D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
Thanks. I love it so much. I have been playing it non-stop and I have almost beating the game ^_^

As of no I have no money and not much else to do so all I have is Crisis Core. I'm sure I'll look into some other games once I get my next pay check.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
Free.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 02:19:39 pm »
Anyway, Jeanne D'Arc.

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=jeanne+d%27arc+psp&btnG=Search+Images

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/jeannedarc/index.html

the fighting style looks very similar to Fire Emblem games.

It is, but the game is played significantly faster; the player can't stall at the entrance or anywhere and has to charge through. Only a certain number of turns to win and every last person counterattacks. The game moves blindingly fast compared to the slow calculatory pace of Final Fantasy Tactics.

But that's exactly why I like it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »
I see. Well I am an impulsive kind of person and I am alright at Fire Emblem (its a lot of strategy) so I'm sure I would be good at this one ;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 02:24:02 pm »
Told you that you'd like it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 02:26:08 pm »
I really like the fighting system in crisis core because it is very similar to the fighting style in Kingdom hears. I have played both of them and are very good at it. That might be why I am not that great at Fire Emblem, because I have never played a game with a fighting style quite like that >_>

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 02:28:27 pm »
Kingdom Hearts is a bit better balanced, because as you go through the game, your main attack doesn't increase in power quite nearly as fast as everything else, forcing the player to rely on other moves and effects and allies.

This is what Crisis Core didn't have, other allies or support spells or anything like that, basically emphasizing the main attack.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 02:34:23 pm »
Yeah that is true but I am glad my attack is going up so fast because a lot of the enemies I can't beat x.x

There is one mission I have tried several times and still can't beat. I like the DMW though, that is very very original. Which reminds me I need to look up something about that >_>

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:33 pm »
The DMW is just a shiny front. The game is still an experience-for-level sort of deal, just like everything that came before. But in Crisis Core, the experience values aren't shown, and the DMW hits a 7-7-7 every time the experience meets the level cap.

As far as random abilities, the option to turn off limit breaks in the menu would be cool; my base attack is stronger than the best limit break I can do, so it's a waste of time and I want to turn it off.

Aside from those two points, though, the DMW is alright.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2008, 11:58:49 pm »
I really like the limit breaks. Especially Aerith's *drool* I mean what is better than getting fully healed and going invincible?

But I am moving on to the last chapter. It is a very short game, though I have been almost playing it straight for the bast three days >_> 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:59:11 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2008, 12:17:21 am »
I really like the limit breaks. Especially Aerith's *drool* I mean what is better than getting fully healed and going invincible?

Getting healed and invincible without a 20-second cutscene?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:15 am »
It's about five seconds. The limit breaks really don't take that long, 5-10 is not that bad.

And yeah, the main game is pretty short, but with all the extra missions it is at least twice as long.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:57 am »
guess i'm just easily pleased cause pretty much everything about the game amazes me and i have very little to nothing bad to say about it, lol ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 09:22:07 am »
I like everything about it too. I have already seen the ending before and it made me cry and it's going to make me bawl now. Seeing how Zack is doing everything Angeal did >_>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2008, 09:37:40 am »
Do you mean how Zack was a mentor to Cloud the way Angeal was to Zack? Yeah, that's a really nice development. Great character maturing and emotional tie-in.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:04 am »
Yeah it was. I really like the store thus far. I'm going to try to get as much done as possible before I go to work so all I have left is the boss fight ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »
...and the twenty-minute tearjerker ending, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
Yeah. I have to fight Genesis then go on to that ;D

I'll finish it tonight then move on to Star Ocean.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2008, 07:45:47 pm »
Star Ocean, for PSP? If so, I need to remember to scope that out.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:09 pm »
If you know how it ends, does that mean you have PSP ESP?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2008, 08:59:30 pm »
Yes. Yes it does.

And we will market it on Gamestop.com in a bundle pack with the Gameboy Advance Gamer-Light Attachment. Nobody will understand, but everyone will want it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
If you know how it ends, does that mean you have PSP ESP?

Also knowing that I have played FF7 and have seen Advent Children and Zack isn't around in those games/movie because he died right before ff7 took place >_>

but I did watch the ending already on youtube. I already knew what was happening and I wanted to see if they would do a good job on it.....and I must say they did a good job on it ^_^

Star Ocean, for PSP? If so, I need to remember to scope that out.
I'll try it out tomorrow. I love the one for the PS2 because Albel is in it ;D

and the battle system is good and even the story is good for a little while until they changed it drastically. Its like they ran out of ideas so they just threw one in there.....still good though ;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2008, 12:30:02 am »
The Star Ocean for the PSP is actually the first game in the series, originally made for the Super Nintendo back in 1996, released as Japanese only. It was later remade for the PSP.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2008, 11:15:20 am »
Well they are making the second one (it's supposed to come out in January) Maybe they'll make the third one too ^_^

I beat Crisis Core today. It was hard watching the DMW stop spinning ;_;

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2008, 11:57:53 am »
Yeeeah....they put so much emotion into that final scene. It's painful.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2008, 03:11:21 pm »
Well they are making the second one (it's supposed to come out in January) Maybe they'll make the third one too ^_^

I beat Crisis Core today. It was hard watching the DMW stop spinning ;_;
Wait a sec. The Second Story for PSX won't be remade. And Till The End Of Time is too new for a remake; it's PS2. I think all the remaking for Star Ocean is already done.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2008, 05:15:25 pm »
no there is one coming out in January. I already looked, it up it has Claude in it http://psp.gamezone.com/gzreviews/p32550.htm

I think it is coming out on the 20th.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:15:58 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2008, 05:55:29 pm »
Oh, my bad. I saw that in PlayStation Magazine shortly before you posted. But still, more of a port. They didn't really tune up the graphics or the translation.

But yeah, Second Story was a damn fine game that I'm gonna play again. Can't justify spending--

Oh, wait, PSP. That's right.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2008, 06:00:27 pm »
I haven't played any of them but three and I really enjoyed three....the story was a little weird towards the end but still good

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »
So my dad surprised me this morning with crisis core. I hijacked my brother's psp, and just started playing it. ..yeah, this is the first game I've played in a while and the first for any playstation systems. So far, on the first thing in Wutai to impress the guy and all.

First time playing a final fantasy title...I love it.  ..o.o it's addicting. I'm not too shabby at the controls either.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:32:15 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2008, 05:44:37 pm »
So my dad surprised me this morning with crisis core. I hijacked my brother's psp, and just started playing it. ..yeah, this is the first game I've played in a while and the first for any playstation systems. So far, on the first thing in Wutai to impress the guy and all.

First time playing a final fantasy title...I love it.  ..o.o it's addicting. I'm not too shabby at the controls either.

Yeah I started playing it over today. After you beat it you can restart the game but keep all your levels and equipment. So it is really easy even though I am on Hard mode. I stopped playing right before I went on that mission because I had to go to work. I may start playing now :P

As for the controls I love the dodge roll, it was my favorite thing in KH and they took it out in the second one (at least you couldn't do it when ever you wanted) >_<
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:45:22 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2008, 05:49:20 pm »
Well, I was a little worried about handling to ps controls, but they caught on easily. ....I freaking hate fighting Genisis...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:51 pm »
you already fought him? O.o

The end bosses were really easy for me :P

Get up to a high enough level and everything was easy. It was funny because towards the end I was reading the guide and as I read it made it seem like those fights were going to be really hard but they weren't. I was about level 44 when I faced the last bosses.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
XD no, I'm not that good. 8D .... yeah. I'm just now heading to mako reactor 5. It was the genesis clone with the one wing and then cissnei or whatever went into this speech. High level? Gah. XD I'm only nine so far.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:38 pm »
I see. Take some time to do some missions. I only did the ones that were easy or normal for a while then slowly moved up to hard. But by the time you do all the normal and easy ones the hard ones will be normal too :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2008, 06:22:41 pm »
Yeah, doing missions is a great way to get ahead of the game fast, literally. Get caught up on all the missions the game will currently offer you and you'll be in great shape. That's what I do anyway, even now when I really can't level up any more. I try to make missions priority number one because the story and plot events will wait for you, but missions need to be taken care of as soon as possible in order to make sure you're not missing anything.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2008, 06:34:47 pm »
Yeah I enjoy the missions. Right now all of them should be easy :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »
Except Minerva. That devil woman will never be anything but sadistically difficult.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2008, 06:55:23 pm »
I didn't get to her >_> :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2008, 07:20:56 pm »
She is the very last mission you have to do, the goddess, the 1% keeping you from 100% completion, and she has 100,000,000 or 10,000,000,000 HP. Yeah, she's a beezy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:21:20 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2008, 07:41:49 pm »
I know about her. Ok hard is getting hard. It takes a lot of hits to take some of them down x.x

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
Are you trying things out with materia fusion yet? That can be a huge help for getting your ATK up, if you have some power items like Chocobo Feathers (boost HP) or something to that effect.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2008, 12:17:05 am »
I haven't messed around with it too much but I have an ATK up ++ that raises my attack 30 points ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2008, 10:47:14 am »
That's a good start. It's when you start combining things like that with other mastered atk++ materias and adding in the atk booster items that you get some really helpful materia.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!