Author Topic: Unofficial Cosplay Chess 2009  (Read 167727 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: Unofficial Cosplay Chess 2009
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2009, 05:50:06 pm »
you sign up and get placed randomly : )

you know what would be really fun? xD if we had like 8 or something teams and there would be 2 games going on at once in a big room or something. I know this is next to imposbile but it would feel more like a tournament if we did that.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline State Alchemist

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2009, 05:52:30 pm »
Really? That's better in my opinion. You get to meet more people. Thanks for your help!
Wut?

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2009, 09:43:40 am »
And the fact that more people would be able to play...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2009, 10:56:40 am »
the problem is finding people who would actualy play the chess game >_>but if we could get like 10 teams going and treat it kind of like an actual chess tournament I bet:

-more people could play
-you could have a chance to play more than once
-and theres always a game to have fun watching

Offline State Alchemist

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2009, 01:55:38 pm »
Well I'm coming with a group of five, and we all want to play, then there's one more person and I'm trying to get others to join too. I think a tournament would be awesome!
Wut?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2009, 08:41:38 pm »
yeah... *nod nod* theres so many people that would want to play it really sounds like the best option. some one should try to figure out whoes headin cosplay chess this year and talk to them about it.

Offline State Alchemist

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »
You should do it xxxchihiroxxx. You seem to have the best ideas. ^_^
Wut?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2009, 09:12:41 pm »
@_@ but i think some one else ussualy runs it anyways and I dont know who that is....

Offline State Alchemist

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:53 pm »
Oh? I didn't know that. Well they should make themselves known soon. ^_^
Wut?

oslapedo

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:11 pm »
I'll be doing Meiko (from Vocaloid) this year, assuming I get it again of course. Best of luck to everyone~

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »
 For a first, Ill have four different costumes. Unfortunately my favorite one is so very obscure. >_<

Offline Radiant_Luchia

• Cabbit
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »
OMG! I have soooo many costume ideas I wanna enter for cosplay chess. but unfortunately they are all really hard to make.

so I narrowed it down to two.

it is a tie between Lillymon from digimon, and Alice from Alice in wonderland.

what r ur thoughts?
K-con 2010 Cosplay line up
*Pikachu (Pokemon)
*Kakashi (Naruto)
*Lightning or Hope (FFXIII)
*Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu) and or/ Taokaka (BlazBlue)

Offline DreamingYuna

• Cabbit
    • myspace
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »
how old do you half to be?
cosplays for 09
anbu konan
eiri Yuki
fromal konan for the masqurade

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2009, 07:19:32 pm »
Luchia: enter them both and hope one gets picked : D

Yuna: no specific age limit as far as I know of.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2009, 07:49:12 pm »
The only problem is space. We would have enough room if we did it in the ball room, but any where else, and it just won't work.

That was the problem last year, I couldn't even get IN to watch, it was so crowded TT.TT
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2009, 07:34:34 am »
well we could look into the ballroom, or if its that small we dont need to have a tone of games going onat once

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2009, 04:23:43 pm »
True. But it'd still be awesome!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2009, 06:56:29 pm »
Zomg! So I'm going to do this as Ciel and AgehaIX is gonna be my attack, Sebastian! >8D

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:36 am »
Does anyone know who the cosplay chess coordinator is?
I will be able to come to Kumoricon this year and would be interested in playing. I'm one of the cosplay chess coordinators and players for Sakuracon and it's a blast. :D
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »
Jamiche is our Fearless Leader- or at least she was last year.

And possibly, not guaranteeing this, but I may be able to be in Cosplay Chess after all depending on the day. I'm not bringing Lenalee after all, so I'm bringing Undertaker instead and I'll probably use him.

All-in-all, I'm still trying to figure out scheduling for costumes. Depending on the day for Cosplay Chess and conflicting things, I might be something else or might not even participate at all. Which would suck, because Cosplay Chess kicks ass.

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:47 pm »
Jamiche is our Fearless Leader- or at least she was last year.

And possibly, not guaranteeing this, but I may be able to be in Cosplay Chess after all depending on the day. I'm not bringing Lenalee after all, so I'm bringing Undertaker instead and I'll probably use him.

All-in-all, I'm still trying to figure out scheduling for costumes. Depending on the day for Cosplay Chess and conflicting things, I might be something else or might not even participate at all. Which would suck, because Cosplay Chess kicks ass.

your not doing lenalee? :C
Well it's okay your going to bring the Undertaker ! yay ! :D

I wish I could participate for cosplay chess X}

izamor

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:10 pm »
Okay, so from reading previous year's threads, I've got a question I didn't see answered. My cosplay will be Altair from Assassin's Creed, (As you probably guessed from my avatar) and I saw a rule from last year's chess that stated along the lines of "a well-known character from a Japanese anime, magna or video game." Assassin's Creed isn't Japanese, but I'm assuming he's pretty well-known among the gaming community. Would he be an eligible character to submit for Cosplay Chess?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:16 pm »
my guess is yes

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »
You're well-known, no?

Besides, there was one last year. In fact, I got killed by her.

You're fine.

Offline Huntress

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2009, 11:56:43 am »
Hai gais!

This will be my first Kumori-Con and I am excited! :D  I love participating in Cosplay Chess so I''m deffinately going to apply :D  This year I plan on bringing Justin Law (Soul Eater) Ai Enma(Hell Girl) and Elincia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) Nice to meet ya all!

~Huntress

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2009, 02:11:15 pm »
Ooooo!
Out of the three, I'd have to say I hope that Law gets in!
He's awesome!!!!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2009, 08:37:41 pm »
What sucks is that I only have 1 cosplay that could actually put up a fight, and that's the one I was planning on making last.
Maybe I'll just make it first so I can enter as Allen.
Is anyone else being Allen + Lavi for cosplay Chess this year?
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2009, 09:43:39 pm »
@soundninja
you can do anything with a character in cosplay chess. they don't have to have actual moves or anything, I mean Chi was a piece at s-con and near was a piece last year. They can't fight at all. :/ I think sai would be fun to watch. ^_^
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:40 am »
2nds that, Chi was adorable and the audience loved her at S-con this year.
It's more about creativity and the ability to make your character battles dramatic & exciting than who your character is in the show/game.
For example, I was Capt. Tessa from Full Metal Panic. She doesn't fight in the show, so I came up with several funny attacks and judging by the audience laughter it worked well.
In fact taking a character and behaving in the opposite manner or coming up with a "cheezy" attack can often be hilarious.

Most important thing is to think creatively and just have fun. If you're having fun, so will the audience.

Ja ne!
Capt. Tessa
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Huntress

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2009, 02:38:05 pm »
It's more about creativity and the ability to make your character battles dramatic & exciting than who your character is in the show/game.
For example, I was Capt. Tessa from Full Metal Panic. She doesn't fight in the show, so I came up with several funny attacks and judging by the audience laughter it worked well.
In fact taking a character and behaving in the opposite manner or coming up with a "cheezy" attack can often be hilarious.

Most important thing is to think creatively and just have fun. If you're having fun, so will the audience.

Ja ne!
Capt. Tessa

Hehehehe I remember you! You were fantastic! (I was the Soren by the way)  I love how you got on Scout's case for not having his bat peace bonded and when your blonde opponent lost his wig! lol :) I hope we'll meet again in the chess game this time around.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »
Hey Soren! I remember you too. I look forward to applying to this game and hopefully meeting you and other great cosplayers on the chess battlefield.
Cosplay Chess is a real highlight for me at con
Hope to see ya there!

Ja ne!
Tessa

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:55 pm »
@soundninja
you can do anything with a character in cosplay chess. they don't have to have actual moves or anything, I mean Chi was a piece at s-con and near was a piece last year. They can't fight at all. :/ I think sai would be fun to watch. ^_^

I could do some crazy weird stuff as Renge too!
I guess that works...
yeah,
thanks!
It is going to be...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:19 pm »

Ja ne!
Capt. Tessa
I got scared for a second. I thought you were talking to me for a second -name is Tessa-. I loved you so much! You were one awesome Tessa. The best I've seen. XD I can't wait for cosplay chess to come around just so the hilarity can happen once more. I hope I make it in! <3
da/tumblr

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:34 am »

Ja ne!
Capt. Tessa
I got scared for a second. I thought you were talking to me for a second -name is Tessa-. I loved you so much! You were one awesome Tessa. The best I've seen. XD I can't wait for cosplay chess to come around just so the hilarity can happen once more. I hope I make it in! <3

:D Blushes...ThanX for the compliment, that really means alot to me. I love cosplay because I get a chance to act again and give my friends a laugh.
Way cool your name is Tessa. I love that name & full metal panic's Tessa. I also have a funny habit of signing my posts in the names of my characters...Alter Ego's and Old habits from theater days, lol.

I too hope you can make the game. It's one of my fave events. Haven't decided yet whether to cosplay as Father Nightroad - Trinity Blood or as Tessa again. Tessa is So fun to play but alot of work to get together....It's tough being a girl ne? and yes, Heels Suck, especially to run in :-\

Ja ne!
Kato aka ...Take your Pick...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2009, 09:13:47 am »

Ja ne!
Capt. Tessa

:D Blushes...ThanX for the compliment, that really means alot to me. I love cosplay because I get a chance to act again and give my friends a laugh.
Way cool your name is Tessa. I love that name & full metal panic's Tessa. I also have a funny habit of signing my posts in the names of my characters...Alter Ego's and Old habits from theater days, lol.

I too hope you can make the game. It's one of my fave events. Haven't decided yet whether to cosplay as Father Nightroad - Trinity Blood or as Tessa again. Tessa is So fun to play but alot of work to get together....It's tough being a girl ne? and yes, Heels Suck, especially to run in :-\

Ja ne!
Kato aka ...Take your Pick...

I get what you mean. I tend to choose names from characters I've done as well to sign things. Or I use my forum name. XD

It is tough being a girl. I wish I were boy, I mean cross play in general is a tough thing to do but I mean just in general, I was opposite gender. You do such a wonderful job as her though. I was so shocked and impressed when I saw you. ^_^

you can keep using Tessa if you'd like. I don't mind. just if we meet up in real life lets hope we don't get confused when the name is called. XD
da/tumblr

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2009, 10:00:04 am »

I get what you mean. I tend to choose names from characters I've done as well to sign things. Or I use my forum name. XD

It is tough being a girl. I wish I were boy, I mean cross play in general is a tough thing to do but I mean just in general, I was opposite gender. You do such a wonderful job as her though. I was so shocked and impressed when I saw you. ^_^

you can keep using Tessa if you'd like. I don't mind. just if we meet up in real life lets hope we don't get confused when the name is called. XD

Yes indeed. I think sometimes at con cosplayers make up a 3rd gender because for cosplay chess and other events we are trying to be this new persona and put our hearts into it.
I also understand about feeling like a different gender partially because I studied it in theater, help with crossplay panels and have so many girl friends and other guys that I chat with just like girl friends.
I don't want to actually be a girl but I have intense respect and admiration for women and want to do my best to portray a female character that I like.

So, from one Tessa to another, Let's do our best to get into the cosplay chess game! Ganbatte kudasai!
Kisses!
Tessa2

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2009, 09:40:29 pm »
Can anyone think of anymore attacks for Renge.
I have a few, but I'd love to have more suggestions.
so, anyone have any?
It is going to be...

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2009, 11:52:23 am »
Anyone know if there will be an Official cosplay chess 2009 thread started? I was curious when sign ups/applications will be accepted as I would like to put my name in.

Also I'm trying to decide whether to apply as Father Nightroad - Trinity Blood or as Capt.Tessa - Full Metal Panic
Which do you think the audience would like better?
I was going to appy as Abel Nightroad as it's easy to do but at Sakura-con, they seemed to really like my Tessa, (must have been my attempt to battle in heels) and some of my cosplay friends are pleading with me to cosplay her but she not an easy cosplay to do.
Anyway, still unsure which would be best...indecision sucks.
ThanX for the help, hope I get to play.
Oh, there are some pics of me on my DA site here: http://kato-shiroi.deviantart.com/gallery/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:53:11 am by Kato_Shiroi »

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2009, 10:31:22 pm »
I will say that I do not know either of the charcters personalities, but I think that most people would like Father Nightroad, but that's just me. I prefer (his?) costume, and he seems like a fun person to be.
It is going to be...

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »
 So when are the cosplay chess sign ups going to be?
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline AriaxKitsune

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »
Bwah, I must do cosplay chess again, it calls to me and I can not resist it.  Sorry, I'm a theater person and tend toward the melodramatic.

I feel the need to hold up my tradition and b Chii again but I don't want to bore people, hmmm, maybe my Freya and I could enter as one piece, Hmmm, any thoughts?

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »
I will say that I do not know either of the charcters personalities, but I think that most people would like Father Nightroad, but that's just me. I prefer (his?) costume, and he seems like a fun person to be.

Yeah, he is fun. They both have really fun (and funny) personalities, but of the two Father Nightroad is much easier to cosplay.
I also had the idea to list both cosplays when I apply and have the organizer choose the one they like the best. One of them may fit better for what they have in mind for battles.

Bwah, I must do cosplay chess again, it calls to me and I can not resist it.  Sorry, I'm a theater person and tend toward the melodramatic.

I feel the need to hold up my tradition and b Chii again but I don't want to bore people, hmmm, maybe my Freya and I could enter as one piece, Hmmm, any thoughts?

Lol, I'm also a wandering theater person and understand the drive to perform. I think Freya would be a really fun cosplay for the chess game. All sorts of scenes come to mind that would be very entertaining. I think you should cosplay her. I would propose a battle but I don't know who I will be yet...doesnt matter we make it up on the fly anyway ne?

Hope to apply and be able to be in the game
Ja ne!
Kato...Abel...Tessa...Whatever
Sakura-con cosplay chess pixie and co-coordinator

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:03 pm »
I think I'm going to submit my Kurama too.
But I couldn't fin the ugly puke-pink colored fabric.
I'm just going to have to do another one of his outfits.
*sarcastic*
Oh darnit!
It is going to be...

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2009, 10:03:08 pm »
Yeah! More theater geeks!!!! Dramas awesome, and is a good thing to have practice in when cosplaying, makes cosplaying that much funner!

King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline AriaxKitsune

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:48 am »
Acctually I'm Chii and my girlfriend is Freya.  I was thinking that instead of entering separately we could enter as one piece, kind of a 2 for the price of one.  And if you need a reference as to my cosplay chess experience, I was the Chii at s-con.

*blush* Thank you for mentioning me, I love being menorable :D

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2009, 09:21:49 am »
Acctually I'm Chii and my girlfriend is Freya.  I was thinking that instead of entering separately we could enter as one piece, kind of a 2 for the price of one.  And if you need a reference as to my cosplay chess experience, I was the Chii at s-con.

*blush* Thank you for mentioning me, I love being menorable :D

:D Sw33T!
I would love to see you two play as a pair in the game. That would be superb and the crowd would go crazy. When the organizer starts taking applications you and your girlfriend should apply together and ask to be a single piece on the board. Very cool idea 8)
I would love for you to do that at next years game at SC too if you are interested.

Yeah! More theater geeks!!!! Dramas awesome, and is a good thing to have practice in when cosplaying, makes cosplaying that much funner!

;) Indeed! The power of cosplayers to attract other theater cosplayers is not to be underestimated!
We do get in some practice at Sakuracons cosplay chess game too. I run the required pre-game safety meeting (IE: how not to actually hurt people or bleed on your costume)
I also help others with battle choreography since I have experience in that as well as acting tips, stage makeup and costuming help.

@ Soundninja12, Lol, I DO like Kurama, he is my fave character from that show but I know what you mean about the suit. His transformed version with the ears was very cool too.

Cosplay Chess, It's an obsession ne? :P

Ja ne!
Kato...Abel....Tessa...whatever
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:24:21 am by Kato_Shiroi »

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2009, 11:09:49 am »
Do you guys know if they'd let me un-peacebond my whip for chess?
I can fight with just a rose if they don't, but if they do I would be very happy.
I doubt they would though.
It is going to be...

Offline AriaxKitsune

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »

:D Sw33T!
I would love to see you two play as a pair in the game. That would be superb and the crowd would go crazy. When the organizer starts taking applications you and your girlfriend should apply together and ask to be a single piece on the board. Very cool idea 8)
I would love for you to do that at next years game at SC too if you are interested.

I'll ask her.  I would love to do it at s-con next year.  I bet she would too.  She was Lavi (giant hammer) in last year's k-con cosplay chess 

Offline FullmetalApollo

• Chibi
    • Deviantart
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2009, 08:38:38 pm »
Yo!!! Last two cosplay chess matches I was Ed Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. Now Imma be Hanabusa Aido from Vampire Knight.

Does anyone have any idea's for like attacks for him?

As far as themes.......how about shonen manga characters(Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, D.Gray-Man, etc.) against shoo manga characters(Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, etc.)?

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2009, 09:05:10 pm »
woot i realy wanna be in cosplay chess this year!

and im thinking of taking blue rhapsody (the blue bell from kingdom hearts)

any idea for attacks??
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)