Author Topic: Apology to Staze and everyone at the February meeting"  (Read 2536 times)

u2205

Apology to Staze and everyone at the February meeting"
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:25:26 am »
I first want to apologize to Staze. I met my motion as no attack on your character. You have been very easy to work with online and at the Masquerade Ball. I'm also very grateful you for what you've done. You were one of the founding members of a convention that literally changed my life. If it wasn't for K-con I'd still be that geek that hid out in his room and didn't have any social contact. K-con has changed that and has made me a better person.

I would like to next apologize to everyone at the meeting. I know the things I said really may have caused lots of contention and animosity. I’m sorry if everything on the directors list of things to do didn’t get accomplished because of it.

Thank you,
Patrick King

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Re: Apology to Staze and everyone at the February meeting"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:27:09 am »
I'm kinda confused. Do you still stand by your motion?
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:55:59 am »
I'm confused as well now.  The motion has been tabled for discussion in the forums.  What is the correct parliamentary procedure for motions which have been properly seconded, but tabled for discussion in such cases?  In my mind at that point it has a schedule entry and thus must proceed as the time for backing out has passed.  However in my mind it's also possible (for anyone) to motion that other motions be cleared from the schedule, even without having been voted on or discussed.  Though that depends on a motion procedure that is entirely different then the one we are currently seem to be using.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:57 am »
Hmmm, looking at parliamentary procedures, it appears that it is not as simple as the maker of a motion withdrawing said motion after it has gone to public debate. However, we didn't really follow the procedure in that, the chair never presented said motion to the assembly and officially opened it for debate, but instead asked that Patrick post it to the forums for comment.

http://www.nancysylvester.com/docs/Resources/articles/parliamentary_procedure.html

*sigh*
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:15:23 pm »
Though I wasn't at the meeting, I heard about the motion and I think it's very mature and big of you to admit to your mistakes... unlike other men :P.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:51:08 am »
Though I wasn't at the meeting, I heard about the motion and I think it's very mature and big of you to admit to your mistakes... unlike other men :P.

I recall from another thread (in the spam forum) someone mentioning political correctness (maybe you?) "unlike other people :P" you mean?
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:19:13 pm »

I recall from another thread (in the spam forum) someone mentioning political correctness (maybe you?) "unlike other people :P" you mean?

No, I was talking specifically about other men :P.

^_^

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:16:34 pm »
Patrick,

I just realized today that I hadn't done this publicly.

Apology Accepted. =) I look forward to working with you over the course of this year.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"