Author Topic: Moogle Cosplay! (Help)?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Aiko71

• Cabbit
Moogle Cosplay! (Help)?
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:01:54 am »
Okay. So, this is my second year attending a con. Last year's K-Con was awesome for the con half, not so good on the... Friend issue half.

Any who, me and my group have been discussing our skit for this year, and they wanted it to be Final Fantasy. We'll have a Kadaj, Vincint, and...

Seeing as I don't match up with any of the Final Fantasy characters, other then Yuna (who there's too many of), I decided to be a moogle.

So here's the situation:
I'm 14.
I have a $100 to $200 budget for making the costume. I'm not sure on how much this'll cost.
This is my first time making my own costume completely. I helped with the cloaks last year, but didn't do them all by myself.

It's going to have to be a fursuit, I believe it'd be called in this situation? If not, just let me know.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make it? I've been studying tutorials on the internet, but their all for much more complex designs, and a moogle's very simple and round...

My main question at the moment is:

How do I go about making the head? Should I used a foam frame, metal frame, or something else?

Thanks for your help!

-Aiko (Olympia, Washington)
Dood. Please, our group is looking for pics!
We were the Akatsuki gang with: Sasori, Deidara, Itachi and Tobi.
If you have pics or video of our skit, please message me!!!

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
Re: Moogle Cosplay! (Help)?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »
Use a foam frame it would be easier on your head and it wouldnt bend as much,
CAREFUl it might break.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Re: Moogle Cosplay! (Help)?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:01:54 pm »
I'm a big fan of using the junk you have lying around the house already. For example, cardboard and coat hangers. It's cheaper (just need fabric to cover it), but you have to mess around with it a bit to get it how you want. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much time you want to devote to getting it all to work. ^^ Just be creative with what you already have. It can save you a lot of money in the end.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman