Author Topic: Need help with One Piece cosplay!!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Nayamashii Koneko

• Cabbit
Need help with One Piece cosplay!!
« on: January 20, 2008, 01:49:09 pm »
I'm going as Nami from the Water 7 Arc, and I can't seem to figure out how to make 2 of the items. Her shoes and her log pose. I failed at making one last year (it broke...). I was wondering you guys had any suggestions.

Here are a few links:

This is a pic of someone cosplaying as her and it has a great shot of her feet: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1256602

This picture shows the same lovely lady and a close up of the log pose: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1256709

For the log pose I was thinking of getting one of the cheap watches with a large face and maybe covering it up to make it look like a compass on the inside and then putting a small plastic ball on top with a needle in it...but I would like some other ideas as well.

As for the gun that she is holding...I've been searching for it for a few weeks now and I still can't find anything. So I'm asking if you guys in your free time...if you can please help me find it. I'm going to try and be at next meeting in February because I need to sign up for Pre reg staff again. I don't know what I'll be wearing...but I'll have my hair in pig tails if you wanna search me out and talk to me that way.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 06 Volunteer (Registration)
K-Con 07 Registration Staff (Pre-Reg)
K-Con 08 Registration Staff (At Door Reg)
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

• Cabbit
Re: Need help with One Piece cosplay!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:30 pm »
Well...this is mildly upsetting...this have been here for a couple of days and nothing has been posted...

I would whole heartedly welcome suggestions or ideas on how to make these two items...because I at a loss at what to do.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:03 pm »
For future notice, sometimes it can take more than a couple days for people to log back on the forums and see what's new, especially on a holiday weekend. ^^

For the shoes I would just buy a cheap pair with the same kind of sole from Goodwill or somewhere and then cut out the leather/whatever fabric you want to use yourself and attach it (sewing, glue, whatever works : P ). I can't really think of any other way to make the log pose, but maybe you could ask the lovely Nami in the pictures. ^^ As for the gun, I'd check ebay. I don't buy cosplay props much, so that's the only advice I can give for that. ^^; Good luck!
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:49 pm »
For future notice, sometimes it can take more than a couple days for people to log back on the forums and see what's new, especially on a holiday weekend. ^^

For the shoes I would just buy a cheap pair with the same kind of sole from Goodwill or somewhere and then cut out the leather/whatever fabric you want to use yourself and attach it (sewing, glue, whatever works : P ). I can't really think of any other way to make the log pose, but maybe you could ask the lovely Nami in the pictures. ^^ As for the gun, I'd check ebay. I don't buy cosplay props much, so that's the only advice I can give for that. ^^; Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! That and I'm sorry about the snippy-ness. I was frustrated...but now I'm not because have given me an idea to try!!
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:51:40 am »
Oh, someone suggested ordering props from these guys: http://fantasyprops.com/ and http://www.limebarb.com/ . They could probably make your gun. ^^ Only they said you should order it NOW because they're always booked months in advance.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman