Author Topic: Legend of Korra Pro-Bending Tournament 2015 [On the schedule!]  (Read 3925 times)

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
Greetings pro-bending enthusiasts,

We’re back for another great year of dodge ball. I’m filling in for FilkAeris this year since she can’t make it to convention. I just wanted to announce that we have submitted a panel application (at the request of the Director of Programming) for the 3rd Annual KumoriLeauge Pro-Bending Tournament. We’re planning to run it very similarly to last year, only better!

Event Times
Like last year, pro-bending will run most of the day on Saturday (9/5). If you want to compete, you will need to attend all three of the following events:
  • Check-In 8:00AM to 9:00AM
  • Preliminaries 9:30AM to 12:30PM (Seating starts at 9:00AM)
  • Finals - 2:00PM to 4:30PM (Seating starts at 1:30PM)
If you don’t show up to Check-In, you will lose your spot on the bracket. No show teams will be replaced with teams on the wait list. Please do your best to be on time.

Rules and Signups
We made some minor tweaks to the rules so make sure you take a look. You can find them here:
Team selection is going to run a little different this year. We are going to give preferential selection to some of the competition slots for already formed teams who sign up early, have a team theme/introduction, and plan to play in cosplay. The remaining slots (majority) will be filled in the order that requests are received. So make sure to fill out the signup form soon!
Volunteers Needed!
Lastly, we are in need of volunteers to help serve as referees and element wranglers. The refs make sure that everyone is following the rules. The wranglers make sure the balls stay in the ring and are available for the players to pick up. Being a volunteer has the benefit of having a front row seat (while you are working). Volunteer slots are limited so make sure you sign up soon by emailing me at: devin[dot]hunter[at]gmail[dot]com

I hope everyone is excited for this year’s game since it’s going to be a ton of fun!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:10:38 pm by numair42 »
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Legend of Korra Pro-Bending Tournament 2015 (Panel Submitted)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:24:44 am »
I was in team sexy sailors last year and we got third place, but one or both of my teammates aren't going to make it to con this year do i still get preferential selection or should i sign up like everyone without preferential selection?
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 11:07:01 am »
I was in team sexy sailors last year and we got third place, but one or both of my teammates aren't going to make it to con this year do i still get preferential selection or should i sign up like everyone without preferential selection?

Please sign up. We will only consider players who sign up using the google form. Preferential selection comes into play later in the process.
2016+ Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:48 pm »
okeidokey i signed up!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline kdrizzelle

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 11:54:52 pm »
Hi! I'm planning to compete on a returning team, but was also hoping to participate in this year's Kumoricon Idol as well. Do you know if it will conflict with probending? :/

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:51:17 pm »
Hi! I'm planning to compete on a returning team, but was also hoping to participate in this year's Kumoricon Idol as well. Do you know if it will conflict with probending? :/

They are on different days, so you will be fine :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
Re: Legend of Korra Pro-Bending Tournament 2015 [On the schedule!]
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »
Hey everyone!, we have confirmation that we are going to be on Saturday! I've updated the times on the initial post so folks can plan out their day. Competitors will basically need to dedicate the 8:00AM to 4:30PM block on Saturday to play. We'll have a big break between prelims and finals so folks can get lunch and have fun.

If you have not signed up yet, please do! A quick look at the sign up sheet has only 10 teams. That means we still have space for those who want to play!

See you all at the event!
2016+ Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"