Author Topic: I don't know what to cosplay, I need a Fandom to join  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Silvershade

• Oni
I don't know what to cosplay, I need a Fandom to join
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:49:29 pm »
Hi! I'm silvershade.. I've been cosplaying hetalia for a few years but the fandom is...... I'm looking for a fandom to join that is not .... but I don't know where to turn, I like many different animes but I'm mostly looking to meet new people so! which fandom do you guys suggest I join?(age 18+ majority) What do you think will be a popular fandom this year?

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
Re: I don't know what to cosplay, I need a Fandom to join
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:36:29 pm »
Hello Silvershade. I'm not sure if you are looking for a more "hardcore" fandom like Attack on Titan or Tokyo Ghoul (both incredible) or something more casual like Free! Iwatobi Swim Club.

This is a list of fandoms that are quite large, and I can tell you from experience that these are good:

Hardcore:
Attack on Titan
Tokyo Ghoul
Deathnote (read the manga)
madoka magica

Casual:
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Assassination Classroom
Daily lives of high school boys (not a huge fanbase but an incredibly hilarious anime that i recommend you watch)

Hardcore + Casual
RWBY (a lot of people don't like this; it's american made, but has developed a cult-like following among those who do)
Angel Beats (one of my very favourite animes ever. Last episode will leave you in tears)

these are just they few that I personally can vouch for, there are many more popular ones (and some whose fanbases are just  big, like Bleach and Naruto). Some of which that I have heard many good things about are:
Blue Exorcist
Death Parade
(all those other ones like kill la kill and fairy tail that are just super popular)

Well I hope I could help you out, good luck!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:07:57 pm by TheInsecureTaco »

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »
Here's the thing: you can't just pick a fandom. I mean, you can, but it's like... You see a show that interests you (or a manga, or a game, etc.), you watch it, and you find a character that you like and want to cosplay. Picking out a character from a series just because the series is popular won't usually be as fun as cosplaying a character you actually like or want to cosplay as.

Maybe you should list a few series that you really enjoy and some genres that you like. It might be easier to help you out that way.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:15:00 pm »
*Chant*
"Kingdom Hearts! Kingdom Hearts!"

No really. The Kingdom Hearts fandom is really getting going again..Idk how to put it..Like..Man, idk the right phrase for this..But with the 2 KH3 trailers and all the new information on it, we've begun to get noisy again (but in a good way). Like KH is still REALLY big, and the fandom bigger.

There are so many other fandoms though. The thing is, we can't really tell you which fandoms to choose. You gotta do that yourself. I could sit here and tell you how amazing the KH fandom is, but if you refuse to play any KH games for whatever reason, then you'll never be in the fandom.

Honestly, just look up popular anime (or games or whatever) for the year to see what's big right now. Give them a try and see if you like whatever it is. If you end up liking it enough go ahead and become a part of the fandom for whatever it is. But joining a fandom solely becasue someone recommended it won't get you too far. You could just as easily end up hating it.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:26:53 pm »
There are soooo many awesome ones out there!  Why choose just one?  What are your FAVORITE series though?  (Other than Hetalia, obviously.)