Author Topic: Exhibits Hall question  (Read 2424 times)

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
Exhibits Hall question
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:07:30 pm »
Whats the dealers hall like at kumori con? is it split between both hotels or all on one of them?

[Moderator edit by JeffT: Changed subject line]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:18:04 pm by JeffT »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: A question or two.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:31:49 pm »
Last year it was in the underground garage of the hilton. Kinda hot down there, but not that bad. Much better than the garage at akicon2012 lol I heard before that though, that they had the dh/aa in the red lion, but I guess that info doesn't matter if they are keeping it in the hilton..

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »
It depends on what room is big enough for them to place it. That's been an issue for years since their first year at this location in 2007. They did try two years at the Red Lion, both which resulted in congestion and fire-safety codes, as well as dim lighting. In 2007 and last year, they had the Dealer's Hall, Artist's Alley and Registration down in the garage under the Hilton- this provides large open spaces for larger aisles, more tables and overall more space. The issue with this location has been lightning and heating/cooling. It's unlikely it'll be in either of the hotels this year, though they might move Registration or expand the Dealer's/Artist's space into the unused areas of the garage.

If you're looking to sell, be aware of low lightning and air flow issues. It got very stuffy last year, especially at the tables farthest from the entrance, even though fans were present. If you can't take the heat or are unsure, plan accordingly.

The staff is probably tossing up ideas for where to move it actually and won't settle on a location until later in the year.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:52 pm »
It depends on what room is big enough for them to place it. That's been an issue for years since their first year at this location in 2007. They did try two years at the Red Lion, both which resulted in congestion and fire-safety codes, as well as dim lighting. In 2007 and last year, they had the Dealer's Hall, Artist's Alley and Registration down in the garage under the Hilton- this provides large open spaces for larger aisles, more tables and overall more space. The issue with this location has been lightning and heating/cooling. It's unlikely it'll be in either of the hotels this year, though they might move Registration or expand the Dealer's/Artist's space into the unused areas of the garage.

If you're looking to sell, be aware of low lightning and air flow issues. It got very stuffy last year, especially at the tables farthest from the entrance, even though fans were present. If you can't take the heat or are unsure, plan accordingly.

The staff is probably tossing up ideas for where to move it actually and won't settle on a location until later in the year.

Im just trying to calculate if there would be anything there id want to buy. That would also help me save time on deciding on how much cash ill need.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Exhibits Hall question
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »
It's too early right now, but by August or so, there should be a list of the DH/AA vendors, which you will be able to find here.

But in the past there has been a nice array of merchandise to choose from. The items offered are approximately 75% anime/manga memorabilia (plushies, figures, accessories, etc.) and 25% original art and craft items (clothing, accessories, goggles, hats, etc.).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:12:45 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »
There's also usually some unique pieces of jewelry, both of the steampunk variety and not. And there's usually Japanese snacks sold- bread packs, pocky, candies and ramune, to name a few.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 11:50:38 pm »
As for things to actually buy, I like what I saw of the DH last year..I liked it better than the DH at all 3 Sakuracon's I've attended, and deff better than both Akicon DH's, This one seems to have a better selection to me as I found some stuff that may not have been the "oh that's everywhere" stuff. Like all the vendors at Sakuracon that sold figures seemed to have the same basic ones save for one vendor. This con seemed to have a bigger selection of the slightly more hard to get stuff